Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Seite 2 von 2 « Erste 12
Ergebnis 21 bis 36 von 36
  1. #21 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von 04WigmoreB
    Zitat Zitat von mkreku Beitrag anzeigen
    Unfortunately, it's almost impossible to see stuff like this from just watching videos and screenshots.

For example, Deus Ex: Invisible War looked like a Deus Ex game in screenshots and trailers, but it wasn't until you played it that you realized how confined the developers had been by the Xbox version. All the maps were REALLY small, the interface/game features had been simplified to a ridiculous degree and a lot of functions from the first game had simply disappeared.

This is what scares me. The Gothic games have always had huge worlds with no loading times. To achieve this, they've needed a lot of RAM plus constant streaming of data from the harddrive. But the Xbox 360 only has 512 MB RAM, which is divided between the GPU and the CPU. It is bound to have been a serious limit for the developers.

Also, the Xbox 360 doesn't come with a harddrive, it is optional. This means they've had to take into consideration the much slower streaming capacity of the Xbox 360 DVD player, instead of optimizing the streaming for a much faster harddrive. Slower streaming either means less complex geometry and/or smaller (muddier) textures.

These are things that are not separable from the PC version. Even if the interface was made specifically for the PC, we'd still be held back by the Xbox 360 in terms of world size, how much data they can stream at any time and how complex scenes they can show.

Let's hope it doesn't show too much in the finished game.
    Never thought of it that way either ... What exactly are the specs of an xbox, equivelant to a pc? That's been bugging me for a while since there is always a big difference between computer and xbox games.
    04WigmoreB ist offline

2. #22 Zitieren
    Local Hero
    It's kind of difficult to compare.

The Xbox 360 uses unified memory, for starters. An ordinary PC separates the RAM available to the CPU and the RAM available for the GPU. The Xbox 360 only has one pool of RAM that the developers have to share between the CPU and the GPU. This is what makes the biggest impact on games ported to PC later. Also, the standard amount of RAM for the PC is 2-4 GB (with an extra 512 MB - 1 GB for the GPU), while the Xbox 360 has to use 512 MB for everything.

The Xbox 360 CPU is different from your typical PC CPU. It consists of three cores and is based on IBM's Power PC architecture, but with a lot of modifications. A normal PC CPU consist of two or four cores and is based on Intel's X86 architecture.

The Xbox 360 GPU is a custom made part that is based on ATI's 2-series of GPU's. The big difference is that it consists of a GPU, unified memory and a superfast 10 MB EDRAM that acts as a "free" framebuffer (for applying effects like antialiasing). A normal PC GPU of today's standards is MUCH faster than the XBox 360 GPU, no matter the brand (Nvidia or ATI).
    mkreku ist offline

3. #23 Zitieren
    Thanks for that. I guess the xbox is showing it's age a bit now. Really makes me look forward to my new gaming computer that I should be able to get around the end of this year.
    04WigmoreB ist offline

4. #24 Zitieren
    Ritter Avatar von Bruell
    they even stated that Risen will take advantage of multi core processors.

I don't think an x-box would have such thing as a multi core, and saying that, concludes that the x-box is even more inferior to the PC in regard to the game
    Bruell ist offline

5. #25 Zitieren
    Local Hero
    Zitat Zitat von Bruell Beitrag anzeigen
    they even stated that Risen will take advantage of multi core processors.

I don't think an x-box would have such thing as a multi core, and saying that, concludes that the x-box is even more inferior to the PC in regard to the game
    Multi core only means that the processor has more than one core, ie. several processors baked into one. The Xbox 360 CPU consists of three cores, so it is indeed multi core. Not only that, it supports hyper threading, making it possible for it to handle six threads (two per core) at once.

But it is good news. Let's hope it means taking advantage of all available cores and not only two (which most games already do). I have a four core CPU in my gaming rig
    mkreku ist offline

6. #26 Zitieren
    Ritter Avatar von Bruell
    Zitat Zitat von mkreku Beitrag anzeigen
    I have a four core CPU in my gaming rig
    so do I
    Bruell ist offline

7. #27 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von SacredGamer
    Hopefully getting my copy around mid-week.
    Won a twitter Competion held by DeepSilverUK.
    Can't wait to try it out.
    SacredGamer ist offline

8. #28 Zitieren
    Apprentice
    Hi Guys
    I am Sami from Pakistan. I have played Gothic 1, 2 and night of the raven. I have been an ardent fan of PB ever since. I could not play Gothic 3 since I don't have a good Enough PC. However I have got myself Xbox 360.I have been eagerly awaiting risen and i am really pumped up for this game. I want to know if Xbox 360 version for UK is still scheduled for release on 02 october and will it be region free. I have got PAL 360.
    Hello Guys please answer. I need to Know.
    samilodhi ist offline Geändert von samilodhi (28.09.2009 um 11:06 Uhr)

9. #29 Zitieren
    Apprentice
    I really need to know if the xbox 360 version will be released as per schedule in countries other than USA. Please some one answer my query. I really want to know.
    samilodhi ist offline

10. #30 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von Arkose
    Only North America is delayed, all other regions are going ahead as planned. In fact, quite a few people already have the 360 version as seen on MyGamerCard.net's leaderboard (this draws data straight from Xbox.com).
    Arkose ist offline

11. #31 Zitieren
    Apprentice
    Zitat Zitat von Arkose Beitrag anzeigen
    Only North America is delayed, all other regions are going ahead as planned. In fact, quite a few people already have the 360 version as seen on MyGamerCard.net's leaderboard (this draws data straight from Xbox.com).
    Thanks a lot for reply Arkose. Great news and I really appreciate
    samilodhi ist offline

12. #32 Zitieren
    Just arrived
    does any1 know if risen will be out in the usa for 360 in october or later ?
    We just moved here from germany... or if the version will be regionfree so i can import a german xbox copy ? thanks!

Simone
    msimone3 ist offline

13. #33 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von Arkose Beitrag anzeigen
    Yes but If your not signed up to the site.
    You won't be shown in the leaderboards.
    So there maybe more!
    SacredGamer ist offline

14. #34 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von msimone3 Beitrag anzeigen
    We just moved here from germany... or if the version will be regionfree so i can import a german xbox copy ? thanks!

Simone

No as said 2 posts above.
    Its only be delayed in the US.
    Everywhere else is fine.
    Not sure If the games region free on Xbox.
    It maybe but theres no official word on it.
    SacredGamer ist offline

15. #35 Zitieren
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUG9c9o8MN8
    Video of the final version.
    Doesn't look as bad as the Gamepro video!
    Skip to 1:50 To start from beach scene.
    SacredGamer ist offline

16. #36 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von msimone3 Beitrag anzeigen

Simone
    Someone on the Deep Silver Forums asked the same thing, and after no official answer, they got it anyway and it was Region Free. I would wait a little bit just to make sure, but It seems that the 360 version will be region free.
    04WigmoreB ist offline

Seite 2 von 2 « Erste 12