Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 3 von 7 « Erste 1234567 Letzte »
Ergebnis 41 bis 60 von 127
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #41
    Ranger Avatar von Niborius

Niborius ist offline
    Well first this: I've been to Hakon, and I heard that the patch gives him a new weapon available for sale. But that's not true on my game either.
    I will try the ICP v1.0 patch and see if that works.

2. Beiträge anzeigen #42
    General Avatar von Korianous

Korianous ist offline
    Downgrading won't fix that . You said you didn't install Alternative Balancing right? ICP v1.0a by itself is a purely bugfixing/enhancing patch. All new content (new weapons from Hakon, most monster rebalancing) is implemented only when Alternative Balancing is installed. This way, we don't force you to play with new content if you don't want to.

Only minor rebalancing was done with the vanilla patches, such as in the case of the Giant Rats, as it was illogical to have Young Giant Rats & Giant Rats to give similar XP bonuses.
    Ach Fry, Ich hab dich mehr als der Monde, die Sterne...das...fail.
    Geändert von Korianous (26.08.2009 um 15:58 Uhr)

3. Beiträge anzeigen #43
    Hero Avatar von Tratos

Tratos ist offline
    I would also like to add that the ou.bin file is installed with ICP v1.0a, exactly because dialogs were not displayed/not displayed correctly. Perhaps the installer didn't properly write/overwrite the system files.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #44
    Rookie

M15T ist offline
    Hi, it’s me again. Sorry for bad English

I just found a nasty bug involving Orc Elite. They don’t attack you. When you get close to them they just freeze. If you are playing the game using GothicStarter scripts, game will crash as soon you encounter Orc Elite.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #45

Korianous ist offline
    The Fight AI of certain creatures has been changed, I may have left out those changes when I uploaded the scripts.

EDIT: Reproduced the error. We may compile another patch to fix this issue.
    Geändert von Korianous (02.09.2009 um 22:46 Uhr)

6. Beiträge anzeigen #46
    Apprentice

Ghildrean ist offline
    I wrote this in other thread, but maybe here is where it should be.

After doing some research in the IronKeep Scripts (the files you published), there are three missing files in the "Story\Dialog\" folder:

· DIA_DMT_1201_Dementor.d (all the Seekers, except the one in the pass to the Valley of Mines)
    · DIA_OrcElite_AntiPaladin1.d (the Elite Orcs that show when you are a paladin)
    · DIA_Pal_220_Schiffswache.d (all the ship guards)

They don't have any text, but they have the conditions to initiate the following files (located in the "Story\B_AssignAmbientInfos\"):

· B_AssignDementorTalk.d (which has all the dialogs with the Seekers surrounding Vino or the Seekers of Irdorath)
    · B_AssignDementorTalkRitual.d (which has all the text of the Seekers in the Ritual)
    · B_AssignORC_AntiPaladinTalk.d (which has the dialog of the Elite Orcs of the paladin's quest)
    · B_AssignSchiffswachenTalk.d (which has all the warnings of the ship guards)

Without those "DIA" files, those four "B_Assign" files don't initiate when it should be. I didn't check the files of the patch itself yet, only the English Scripts of the previous link, but maybe this is the cause of some bugs (the no-talking Ritual Seekers or the previously mentioned freezing orcs, for example).

7. Beiträge anzeigen #47

Korianous ist offline
    Those three missing files are script files unused in the English version of Gothic.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #48
    Apprentice

Ghildrean ist offline
    If those files are unused, where are the conditions for the "B_Assign" files?

I found the condition for the first "B_Assign" file I wrote (so the Seekers of Irdorath are fine), but for the others, I can't find them.
    Geändert von Ghildrean (03.09.2009 um 10:42 Uhr)

9. Beiträge anzeigen #49
    Rookie

M15T ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Ghildrean Beitrag anzeigen
    I wrote this in other thread, but maybe here is where it should be.

After doing some research in the IronKeep Scripts (the files you published), there are three missing files in the "Story\Dialog\" folder:

· DIA_DMT_1201_Dementor.d (all the Seekers, except the one in the pass to the Valley of Mines)
    · DIA_OrcElite_AntiPaladin1.d (the Elite Orcs that show when you are a paladin)
    · DIA_Pal_220_Schiffswache.d (all the ship guards)

They don't have any text, but they have the conditions to initiate the following files (located in the "Story\B_AssignAmbientInfos\"):

· B_AssignDementorTalk.d (which has all the dialogs with the Seekers surrounding Vino or the Seekers of Irdorath)
    · B_AssignDementorTalkRitual.d (which has all the text of the Seekers in the Ritual)
    · B_AssignORC_AntiPaladinTalk.d (which has the dialog of the Elite Orcs of the paladin's quest)
    · B_AssignSchiffswachenTalk.d (which has all the warnings of the ship guards)

Without those "DIA" files, those four "B_Assign" files don't initiate when it should be. I didn't check the files of the patch itself yet, only the English Scripts of the previous link, but maybe this is the cause of some bugs (the no-talking Ritual Seekers or the previously mentioned freezing orcs, for example).
    Comfirmed. Ship Guards AI is bugged, same thing as Orc Elite. As for the Seekers I don’t know, it seems they are fine. If someone want to check out this is the save just before Chapter 3 (just talk to Garond).

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?wwtwtmtyqtg

10. Beiträge anzeigen #50

Korianous ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Ghildrean Beitrag anzeigen
    If those files are unused, where are the conditions for the "B_Assign" files?

I found the condition for the first "B_Assign" file I wrote (so the Seekers of Irdorath are fine), but for the others, I can't find them.
    Please send me a PM with some of your findings, I'll look into it .

@MI5T: Thanks for the attachment as well .
    Geändert von Korianous (03.09.2009 um 15:49 Uhr)

11. Beiträge anzeigen #51
    Rookie

M15T ist offline
    NP, glad to help. I really appreciate what you are doing here. With your scripts it’s so easy to make simple mods and I love to do that + game is bug free.

About this issue. I spend few hours today trying to find out how to fix this but no luck so far. As far as I know you did everything properly, scripts are fine. DIA_DMT_1201_Dementor.d, DIA_OrcElite_AntiPaladin1.d and DIA_Pal_220_Schiffswache.d doesn’t exist in English version of the game, or GothicSourcer didn’t decompiled all scripts from English version. As a last resort I downloaded those 3 scripts from German version and compiled them together with your scripts using GothicSourcer 3.10 but nothing. Bug is still there.

I personally won't play Gothic 2 without your scripts ever again. I can wait until you fix this.

And again, sorry for bad English. I know I sound like a retard

12. Beiträge anzeigen #52
    Local Hero Avatar von Ergopad

Ergopad ist offline
    Great patch!

Agree with Niborius that there is a bug with Widescreen, but I can live with it. It's definately better than the orginal always stretch!

Is the developing still on going or are you done with G2?
    "The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me." - Psalm 23:1-4

13. Beiträge anzeigen #53
    Hero Avatar von Tratos

Tratos ist offline
    There might be a hotfix, v1.0b, later.

14. Beiträge anzeigen #54
    Local Hero Avatar von Ergopad

Ergopad ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Tratos Beitrag anzeigen
    There might be a hotfix, v1.0b, later.
    Please do, if it's easy to fix.
    "The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me." - Psalm 23:1-4

15. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #55
    Local Hero Avatar von zrhtemplar

zrhtemplar ist offline
    1st of all i whan't to say thank u all from Ironkeep Studios for doign great job and this awesome game and rezurecting it with patches like this. ( for me gothic games will be my best single player gameing exp. ever )

Now few question about patch. I instaled it and playing and whanted to start hard core game u know without die at all on my big supprise 1st wolf killed me lol. Ok i rerolled and skiped 1st mob , but later on i see that all monsters are a lot harder to kill ( read imposible ) but i am still low lvl and havent learn anythign ( saving points) so i am just curios will i be able to play gothic in my usual style wiht this pathc or i have to choose guild fast and redistribue my points fast i am still low lvl tho. ( also i hope this will be playable wiht melee char couse parry in gothic is what i enjoy most )

once again thx for working on one of best games ever. Hope to see somethign like this for G1 also

back on game , whana test more of this patch bai bai

16. Beiträge anzeigen #56
    Hero Avatar von Tratos

Tratos ist offline
    Yes, the game is much harder now.

And yes, we are already doing something for Gothic 1 right now.

17. Beiträge anzeigen #57

Korianous ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von zrhtemplar Beitrag anzeigen
    Now few question about patch. I instaled it and playing and whanted to start hard core game u know without die at all on my big supprise 1st wolf killed me lol. Ok i rerolled and skiped 1st mob , but later on i see that all monsters are a lot harder to kill ( read imposible ) but i am still low lvl and havent learn anythign ( saving points) so i am just curios will i be able to play gothic in my usual style wiht this pathc or i have to choose guild fast and redistribue my points fast i am still low lvl tho. ( also i hope this will be playable wiht melee char couse parry in gothic is what i enjoy most )
    If you are using alternative balancing, you needn't join a guild, you can still play as you choose to play. But if you don't spend LP at all, the game will be far tougher, I suggest you invest in your desired skill set, LP is rebalanced to be more forgiving in the beginning.

18. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #58
    Local Hero Avatar von zrhtemplar

zrhtemplar ist offline
    Ye i see , i played few more hours and its not that hard like i tought ( tho its harder then usual ) but point system is so refreshing

PS

btw wiht all this points i whana try somethign i always whanted to do , also to see if tis posible, i whana get as much str and 2 h % before joining monastery ( if i remmeber after joining mages nobodyu can teach u str and 2h right ) whana make hybrid 2h mage i wonder if its posible to get str for wielding dragon slicer later on O_O or some strong 2h-er
    Geändert von zrhtemplar (01.10.2009 um 19:43 Uhr)

19. Beiträge anzeigen #59

Korianous ist offline
    You could try it, but we still encourage you to carefully invest LP .

20. Beiträge anzeigen #60
    Local Hero

fragonard ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von zrhtemplar Beitrag anzeigen
    Y

PS

( if i remmeber after joining mages nobodyu can teach u str and 2h right )
    I think that's only in the original, non-NOTR game, the cost raises. In NOTR you can train whatever.

Seite 3 von 7 « Erste 1234567 Letzte »