Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 1 von 4 1234 Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 80
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Rookie

alexgrigorean ist offline

Gothic 4 multiplatform

will G4 be available on ps3 as well.....cuz i don't want to buy another processor and video card.......dur.....cuz the pc requirements are 3.2 Ghz and well....if i buy a video card...let it be 1gb.....dur....i forgot which one...

2. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Mythos Avatar von Onisuzume

Onisuzume ist offline
    I really hope it won't be.
    Multi-platform rpgs generally suck (yes, that includes FF7).

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Rookie

alexgrigorean ist offline
    well now that's a loose.....cuz on the website it says Platform:TBA ....so......XDXDXD.....hopefully till it's out i'll have the video card and processor...

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    Knight Avatar von catalinux

catalinux ist offline
    Gothic 4? I thought Gothic was dead after that Gothic 3 zombie...

But to be honest, Arcania looks great. So maybe it will be a great game.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5
    General Avatar von Korianous

Korianous ist offline
    http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/a/arcania/
    http://forums.xbox.com/1398/ShowForum.aspx

The Xbox community seems to be quite mired to Gothic . But it's cool that it's up there, I can't wait for the console release . My PC sucks, no way I'm grabbing it for the PC.
    Ach Fry, Ich hab dich mehr als der Monde, die Sterne...das...fail.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6
    Ritter Avatar von DTR

DTR ist offline
    I hope its not yet another oblivion for the masses that they spit out.
    I have my doubts...

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7
    Rookie

Blast ist offline
    OH GOD NO!!! Games become so lame the moment they are made for the console. I realize that the prime consumer ends up being a hyperactive 14 year old and it is a smart move to modify it the way they do but for the love of god do not do this to Gothic. FG was crushing enough.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8
    Skinhead  Avatar von Hellbilly

Hellbilly ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Blast Beitrag anzeigen
    OH GOD NO!!! Games become so lame the moment they are made for the console.
    I do recall reading a statement from PB that they originally intended G1 to be a Playstation-game (detectives can dig this up). What a lame game it is!

Prejudice FTW!

9. Beiträge anzeigen #9
    banned

jimokalos ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Hellbilly Beitrag anzeigen
    I do recall reading a statement from PB that they originally intended G1 to be a Playstation-game (detectives can dig this up). What a lame game it is!

Prejudice FTW!
    Yeah but in older times.In the playstation 2 times it was much better.Everything is ruined now with the damn XBOX 360. I agree with blast,the consoles of the new genre ruin the gaming.Especially the rp gaming. Do you remember Fable??? It was released in playstation 2 but it was still perfect,but now it is different.Consoles like Xbox 360 can never be as good as the pcs but still many people especially people from North America love Xbox.For that the companies release their games to XBOX 360 to sell better there.The only pros in the fact that arcania will be released on consoles is that it will be bug-free on its release for sure.
    Geändert von jimokalos (18.05.2009 um 11:05 Uhr)

10. Beiträge anzeigen #10
    Hero Avatar von Tratos

Tratos ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von jimokalos Beitrag anzeigen
    The only pros in the fact that arcania will be released on consoles is that it will be bug-free on its release for sure.
    I'm not sure if I agree with that.

11. Beiträge anzeigen #11
    banned

jimokalos ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Tratos Beitrag anzeigen
    I'm not sure if I agree with that.
    Why?Just show me one rpg in the world that has been released first on consoles and then on pc and it is unplayable. And I think the reason that the requirements of Arcania are low is simply because it was released on consoles.Oblivion for example has nearly similar grafics with G3,but still it is completely playable. In my older pc I could run oblivion on High details and G3 I could barely run it on low.And they have nearly the same grafcs( Well G3 has a bit better though but the difference is still not that big).And that was simply becuase Oblivion was released on consoles and G3 not.
    Geändert von jimokalos (18.05.2009 um 11:28 Uhr)

12. Beiträge anzeigen #12
    Ritter Avatar von DTR

DTR ist offline

Prejudice FTW!
    I once thought about getting HIV.
    I didn't.
    What a healthy guy I am now!

13. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #13
    Mythos Avatar von Onisuzume

Onisuzume ist offline

Prejudice FTW!
    Ah, but they changed their mind about that, thus allowing it to reach greatness.
    Oblivion for example has nearly similar grafics with G3,but still it is completely playable.
    If you like a Diablo 2 clone, yeah.
    And btw, Diablo 2 was better at that aspect.
    Console games are almost always "dumbed down" compared to pure-PC games.

14. Beiträge anzeigen #14

Korianous ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Onisuzume Beitrag anzeigen
    Console games are almost always "dumbed down" compared to pure-PC games.
    I can think of a great exception, Mass Effect. The game featured a beautiful, in-depth storyline, and well-developed characters who were quite easy to empathize with. IMO this was one of the greatest games I've ever played.

Also, Knights of the Old Republic was an excellent game. 2 was semi-interesting, but broken and unfinished . Not dumbed down at all, both multiplatform.

15. Beiträge anzeigen #15
    Veteran Avatar von Melvish

Melvish ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Korianous Beitrag anzeigen
    I can think of a great exception, Mass Effect. The game featured a beautiful, in-depth storyline, and well-developed characters who were quite easy to empathize with. IMO this was one of the greatest games I've ever played.

Also, Knights of the Old Republic was an excellent game. 2 was semi-interesting, but broken and unfinished . Not dumbed down at all, both multiplatform.
    The two game you quoted are done by BioWare, a company that hire peoples who are pen&paper rpg fan (or silly goth girl). They take great care about the story and know that it is main ingredient to great rpg. They are also not afraid to do "mature" game with blood, sex & twisted evil: check the upcoming Dragon Age.

Note that KOTOR2 was not made by BioWare.
    Geändert von Melvish (19.05.2009 um 02:43 Uhr)

16. Beiträge anzeigen #16

Korianous ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Melvish Beitrag anzeigen
    Note that KOTOR2 was not made by BioWare.
    Indeed, it was made by Obsidian, two sides of the same coin IMO , I respect Obsidian. KOTOR 2's dark theme was exceptionally cool, but it suffered the woes of many other potentially great games, by being released in an unfinished state.

Essentially, a good RPG is a good RPG, regardless about platform. While I do acknowledge that a really good console RPG is a rarity, I think games like Arcania and Risen, if they can live up to developers claims, could usher in a new era of great storytelling RPGs for console gamers.

17. Beiträge anzeigen #17
    Sword Master Avatar von COma4ever

COma4ever ist offline
    Why?Just show me one rpg in the world that has been released first on consoles and then on pc and it is unplayable. And I think the reason that the requirements of Arcania are low is simply because it was released on consoles.Oblivion for example has nearly similar grafics with G3,but still it is completely playable. In my older pc I could run oblivion on High details and G3 I could barely run it on low.And they have nearly the same grafcs( Well G3 has a bit better though but the difference is still not that big).And that was simply becuase Oblivion was released on consoles and G3 not.
    there are two completely different engines, this is not a comparisson standard, plus while gothic had everything "hand-made", oblivion is made of modules, so it doesn't take as much memory as g3.

Yeah but in older times.In the playstation 2 times it was much better.Everything is ruined now with the damn XBOX 360. I agree with blast,the consoles of the new genre ruin the gaming.Especially the rp gaming. Do you remember Fable??? It was released in playstation 2 but it was still perfect,but now it is different.Consoles like Xbox 360 can never be as good as the pcs but still many people especially people from North America love Xbox.For that the companies release their games to XBOX 360 to sell better there.The only pros in the fact that arcania will be released on consoles is that it will be bug-free on its release for sure.
    PS 2 was a console.... xbox 360 is a console.. i played a lot on the ps2, and i also played on the xbox 360. Are you saying that the 360 is pure-evil coming from hell itself just because it's new. The console doesn't have anything to do with the games that are made for it... it's like saying that oblivion sucked...because the xbox controller is white .... or whatever color.

(sorry for the double-post)
    Geändert von COma4ever (19.05.2009 um 03:10 Uhr)

18. Beiträge anzeigen #18

Korianous ist offline
    Do you remember Fable??? It was released in playstation 2 but it was still perfect,but now it is different.
    Dude, Fable was never released for the PS2. It was PC, Mac, and Xbox only. Once again, please look up what you are talking about before you say something. It's like a broken record with you Jim. One week you've been back. Come on mate, get yourself together .

Yeah but in older times.In the playstation 2 times it was much better.Everything is ruined now with the damn XBOX 360. I agree with blast,the consoles of the new genre ruin the gaming.
    You realize that some of the (popularly decided) greatest games have been released for the Xbox 360? Fable 2, Oblivion (a little detached, but still a very good game IMO), Mass Effect, to name a few. I'd say it took gaming to a whole new level. By your logic, gaming should have never evolved from the NES, and the good old days of Super Mario and Zelda. True, the old spirit is lost, but times change and give way to new innovations, and the chance for something better.
    Geändert von Korianous (19.05.2009 um 04:56 Uhr)

19. Beiträge anzeigen #19
    Skinhead  Avatar von Hellbilly

Hellbilly ist offline
    By your logic, gaming should have never evolved from the NES, and the good old days of Super Mario and Zelda.
    Not necessarily a bad idea

Seriously though, this "PC good, console evil biatch from Hell's deepest regions"-thing is soooooooooooooooooo old. It's the definition of this:
    [Bild: beating_a_dead_horse.jpg]

Face the music: the overwhelming majority of PC games are dumb, mere turds. Computer games were this way way before modern consoles. And I mean NES with this: the Pong-console is old, NES is modern. Blaming consoles for stupidity in games betrays lack of perspective and also a tendency to jump on the bandwagon. Stupidity in games has been there from the very start, because that's what a lot of people want. This dumb division of gamers into "dumb console gamers" and "intelligent PC gamers" is idiotic. There are just as many dumb PC/computer-only games as there are dumb console-games. Probably even more, even percentage-wise.

If it's not them stupid console gamers, it's them stupid Americans. It's always one or the other here. Yay for ignorant generalization.

Arcania on consoles sounds like a decent enough idea, if it's done right. Heck, perhaps that could be a way to correct a pet peeve of many: the lack of popularity of the Gothic-series among casual RPG'ers/gamers.

20. Beiträge anzeigen #20
    banned

jimokalos ist offline
    Dude, Fable was never released for the PS2. It was PC, Mac, and Xbox only. Once again, please look up what you are talking about before you say something. It's like a broken record with you Jim. One week you've been back. Come on mate, get yourself together .
    Oops sorry my mistake.Yeah it was released on XBOX.But not in the 360.The Xbox 360 was mostly made to impress the young children of americans.The older XBOX times were much better.

You realize that some of the (popularly decided) greatest games have been released for the Xbox 360? Fable 2,
    Yeah but this was released in the older XBOX.
    Oblivion (a little detached, but still a very good game IMO)
    Oops,here we are,our sucker oblivion. Dude,just tell me what is good with Oblivion????It brought the rp gaming to a dead end IMO.Too repeatable gameplay,bad storyline,awefull combat system(you can go and kill everyone from the beggining) and much more.But since it was released in XBOX 360 and had such low requirements for such good grafics(although G3's were better) Americans loved it(again I don't mean to insult americans,I also blame a lot of my own people for not knowing what true gaming means.I do not consider americans like the lazybones who love playing stupid games.Of course not,I just say that most of them do not know what true pc gaming means and prefer consoles which can never be as good as pcs.).
    Mass Effect,
    Same with that.
    I'd say it took gaming to a whole new level.
    I would say that this new lvl drives gaming to disaster.
    By your logic, gaming should have never evolved from the NES, and the good old days of Super Mario and Zelda. True, the old spirit is lost, but times change and give way to new innovations, and the chance for something better.
    That is what pisses me so much.I prefer the older times.I remember the old times of gaming,I truly miss them. Come on mate think about it.I think that you have some knowledge of true gaming and tell me.For example: Do you feel the same playing an rpg of 2003 in pc and playing an rpg of 2008 in XBOX 360? Simply put:IMO a genre of gaming like rpgs should have never be released on consoles,well at least in XBOX 360 because they are simply not compatible.A genre like rpgs can't be released on consoles unless they raise it a lot.After that it can be released on consoles but what remains from it becomes a stupid hack and slash that does not deserve to be called rpg.Listen to me,none company in this world is developing games so that we will be satisfied.They do it for one reason.To fill up their pockets and they will do that even if they need to develope the most stupid game.Since most people don't have true knowledge of gaming and like this stupid hack and slash companies develope that.That is what the so called ''Crisis of gaming'' causes.
    Geändert von jimokalos (19.05.2009 um 09:47 Uhr)

Seite 1 von 4 1234 Letzte »