Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

 
 
 

Page 1 of 5 12345 Last »
Results 1 to 20 of 85
  1. View Forum Posts #1
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4
     
    alexgrigorean is offline

    Gothic 4 multiplatform

    will G4 be available on ps3 as well.....cuz i don't want to buy another processor and video card.......dur.....cuz the pc requirements are 3.2 Ghz and well....if i buy a video card...let it be 1gb.....dur....i forgot which one...

  2. Visit Homepage View Forum Posts #2
    Myth Onisuzume's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Walkura V
    Posts
    8,486
     
    Onisuzume is offline
    I really hope it won't be.
    Multi-platform rpgs generally suck (yes, that includes FF7).

  3. View Forum Posts #3
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4
     
    alexgrigorean is offline
    well now that's a loose.....cuz on the website it says Platform:TBA ....so......XDXDXD.....hopefully till it's out i'll have the video card and processor...

  4. View Forum Posts #4
    Sword Master catalinux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    793
     
    catalinux is offline
    Gothic 4? I thought Gothic was dead after that Gothic 3 zombie...

    But to be honest, Arcania looks great. So maybe it will be a great game.

  5. View Forum Posts #5
    General Korianous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,080
     
    Korianous is offline
    http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/a/arcania/
    http://forums.xbox.com/1398/ShowForum.aspx

    The Xbox community seems to be quite mired to Gothic . But it's cool that it's up there, I can't wait for the console release . My PC sucks, no way I'm grabbing it for the PC.
    Ach Fry, Ich hab dich mehr als der Monde, die Sterne...das...fail.

  6. View Forum Posts #6
    Ritter DTR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,689
     
    DTR is offline
    I hope its not yet another oblivion for the masses that they spit out.
    I have my doubts...

  7. View Forum Posts #7
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6
     
    Blast is offline
    OH GOD NO!!! Games become so lame the moment they are made for the console. I realize that the prime consumer ends up being a hyperactive 14 year old and it is a smart move to modify it the way they do but for the love of god do not do this to Gothic. FG was crushing enough.

  8. View Forum Posts #8
    Skinhead  Hellbilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    The land of gold and poison
    Posts
    11,643
     
    Hellbilly is offline
    Quote Originally Posted by Blast View Post
    OH GOD NO!!! Games become so lame the moment they are made for the console.
    I do recall reading a statement from PB that they originally intended G1 to be a Playstation-game (detectives can dig this up). What a lame game it is!

    Prejudice FTW!
    http://theoldcamp.com/signatures/tOC_sig1.jpg

  9. View Forum Posts #9
    banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Greece-Athens.
    Posts
    2,070
     
    jimokalos is offline
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellbilly View Post
    I do recall reading a statement from PB that they originally intended G1 to be a Playstation-game (detectives can dig this up). What a lame game it is!

    Prejudice FTW!
    Yeah but in older times.In the playstation 2 times it was much better.Everything is ruined now with the damn XBOX 360. I agree with blast,the consoles of the new genre ruin the gaming.Especially the rp gaming. Do you remember Fable??? It was released in playstation 2 but it was still perfect,but now it is different.Consoles like Xbox 360 can never be as good as the pcs but still many people especially people from North America love Xbox.For that the companies release their games to XBOX 360 to sell better there.The only pros in the fact that arcania will be released on consoles is that it will be bug-free on its release for sure.
    Last edited by jimokalos; 18.05.2009 at 11:05.

  10. View Forum Posts #10
    Hero Tratos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    London, United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,935
     
    Tratos is offline
    Quote Originally Posted by jimokalos View Post
    The only pros in the fact that arcania will be released on consoles is that it will be bug-free on its release for sure.
    I'm not sure if I agree with that.
    Want to stay up-to-date on the transition process? Send your contact email to tratos@theoldcamp.com Monthly reports.
    [Bild: tOC_sig1.jpg]

  11. View Forum Posts #11
    banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Greece-Athens.
    Posts
    2,070
     
    jimokalos is offline
    Quote Originally Posted by Tratos View Post
    I'm not sure if I agree with that.
    Why?Just show me one rpg in the world that has been released first on consoles and then on pc and it is unplayable. And I think the reason that the requirements of Arcania are low is simply because it was released on consoles.Oblivion for example has nearly similar grafics with G3,but still it is completely playable. In my older pc I could run oblivion on High details and G3 I could barely run it on low.And they have nearly the same grafcs( Well G3 has a bit better though but the difference is still not that big).And that was simply becuase Oblivion was released on consoles and G3 not.
    Last edited by jimokalos; 18.05.2009 at 11:28.

  12. View Forum Posts #12
    Ritter DTR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,689
     
    DTR is offline
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellbilly View Post
    I do recall reading a statement from PB that they originally intended G1 to be a Playstation-game (detectives can dig this up). What a lame game it is!

    Prejudice FTW!
    I once thought about getting HIV.
    I didn't.
    What a healthy guy I am now!

  13. Visit Homepage View Forum Posts #13
    Myth Onisuzume's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Walkura V
    Posts
    8,486
     
    Onisuzume is offline
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellbilly View Post
    I do recall reading a statement from PB that they originally intended G1 to be a Playstation-game (detectives can dig this up). What a lame game it is!

    Prejudice FTW!
    Ah, but they changed their mind about that, thus allowing it to reach greatness.
    Oblivion for example has nearly similar grafics with G3,but still it is completely playable.
    If you like a Diablo 2 clone, yeah.
    And btw, Diablo 2 was better at that aspect.
    Console games are almost always "dumbed down" compared to pure-PC games.

  14. View Forum Posts #14
    General Korianous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,080
     
    Korianous is offline
    Quote Originally Posted by Onisuzume View Post
    Console games are almost always "dumbed down" compared to pure-PC games.
    I can think of a great exception, Mass Effect. The game featured a beautiful, in-depth storyline, and well-developed characters who were quite easy to empathize with. IMO this was one of the greatest games I've ever played.

    Also, Knights of the Old Republic was an excellent game. 2 was semi-interesting, but broken and unfinished . Not dumbed down at all, both multiplatform.
    Ach Fry, Ich hab dich mehr als der Monde, die Sterne...das...fail.

  15. View Forum Posts #15
    Veteran Melvish's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Nevermore
    Posts
    628
     
    Melvish is offline
    Quote Originally Posted by Korianous View Post
    I can think of a great exception, Mass Effect. The game featured a beautiful, in-depth storyline, and well-developed characters who were quite easy to empathize with. IMO this was one of the greatest games I've ever played.

    Also, Knights of the Old Republic was an excellent game. 2 was semi-interesting, but broken and unfinished . Not dumbed down at all, both multiplatform.
    The two game you quoted are done by BioWare, a company that hire peoples who are pen&paper rpg fan (or silly goth girl). They take great care about the story and know that it is main ingredient to great rpg. They are also not afraid to do "mature" game with blood, sex & twisted evil: check the upcoming Dragon Age.

    Note that KOTOR2 was not made by BioWare.
    Last edited by Melvish; 19.05.2009 at 02:43.

  16. View Forum Posts #16
    General Korianous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,080
     
    Korianous is offline
    Quote Originally Posted by Melvish View Post
    Note that KOTOR2 was not made by BioWare.
    Indeed, it was made by Obsidian, two sides of the same coin IMO , I respect Obsidian. KOTOR 2's dark theme was exceptionally cool, but it suffered the woes of many other potentially great games, by being released in an unfinished state.

    Essentially, a good RPG is a good RPG, regardless about platform. While I do acknowledge that a really good console RPG is a rarity, I think games like Arcania and Risen, if they can live up to developers claims, could usher in a new era of great storytelling RPGs for console gamers.
    Ach Fry, Ich hab dich mehr als der Monde, die Sterne...das...fail.

  17. View Forum Posts #17
    Sword Master COma4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    In pursuit of Happyness
    Posts
    862
     
    COma4ever is offline
    Quote Originally Posted by jimokalos View Post
    Why?Just show me one rpg in the world that has been released first on consoles and then on pc and it is unplayable. And I think the reason that the requirements of Arcania are low is simply because it was released on consoles.Oblivion for example has nearly similar grafics with G3,but still it is completely playable. In my older pc I could run oblivion on High details and G3 I could barely run it on low.And they have nearly the same grafcs( Well G3 has a bit better though but the difference is still not that big).And that was simply becuase Oblivion was released on consoles and G3 not.
    there are two completely different engines, this is not a comparisson standard, plus while gothic had everything "hand-made", oblivion is made of modules, so it doesn't take as much memory as g3.

    Quote Originally Posted by jimokalos View Post
    Yeah but in older times.In the playstation 2 times it was much better.Everything is ruined now with the damn XBOX 360. I agree with blast,the consoles of the new genre ruin the gaming.Especially the rp gaming. Do you remember Fable??? It was released in playstation 2 but it was still perfect,but now it is different.Consoles like Xbox 360 can never be as good as the pcs but still many people especially people from North America love Xbox.For that the companies release their games to XBOX 360 to sell better there.The only pros in the fact that arcania will be released on consoles is that it will be bug-free on its release for sure.
    PS 2 was a console.... xbox 360 is a console.. i played a lot on the ps2, and i also played on the xbox 360. Are you saying that the 360 is pure-evil coming from hell itself just because it's new. The console doesn't have anything to do with the games that are made for it... it's like saying that oblivion sucked...because the xbox controller is white .... or whatever color.

    (sorry for the double-post)
    Last edited by COma4ever; 19.05.2009 at 03:10.

  18. View Forum Posts #18
    General Korianous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,080
     
    Korianous is offline
    Quote Originally Posted by jimokalos View Post
    Do you remember Fable??? It was released in playstation 2 but it was still perfect,but now it is different.
    Dude, Fable was never released for the PS2. It was PC, Mac, and Xbox only. Once again, please look up what you are talking about before you say something. It's like a broken record with you Jim. One week you've been back. Come on mate, get yourself together .

    Yeah but in older times.In the playstation 2 times it was much better.Everything is ruined now with the damn XBOX 360. I agree with blast,the consoles of the new genre ruin the gaming.
    You realize that some of the (popularly decided) greatest games have been released for the Xbox 360? Fable 2, Oblivion (a little detached, but still a very good game IMO), Mass Effect, to name a few. I'd say it took gaming to a whole new level. By your logic, gaming should have never evolved from the NES, and the good old days of Super Mario and Zelda. True, the old spirit is lost, but times change and give way to new innovations, and the chance for something better.
    Ach Fry, Ich hab dich mehr als der Monde, die Sterne...das...fail.
    Last edited by Korianous; 19.05.2009 at 04:56.

  19. View Forum Posts #19
    Skinhead  Hellbilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    The land of gold and poison
    Posts
    11,643
     
    Hellbilly is offline
    Quote Originally Posted by Korianous View Post
    By your logic, gaming should have never evolved from the NES, and the good old days of Super Mario and Zelda.
    Not necessarily a bad idea

    Seriously though, this "PC good, console evil biatch from Hell's deepest regions"-thing is soooooooooooooooooo old. It's the definition of this:
    [Bild: beating_a_dead_horse.jpg]

    Face the music: the overwhelming majority of PC games are dumb, mere turds. Computer games were this way way before modern consoles. And I mean NES with this: the Pong-console is old, NES is modern. Blaming consoles for stupidity in games betrays lack of perspective and also a tendency to jump on the bandwagon. Stupidity in games has been there from the very start, because that's what a lot of people want. This dumb division of gamers into "dumb console gamers" and "intelligent PC gamers" is idiotic. There are just as many dumb PC/computer-only games as there are dumb console-games. Probably even more, even percentage-wise.

    If it's not them stupid console gamers, it's them stupid Americans. It's always one or the other here. Yay for ignorant generalization.

    Arcania on consoles sounds like a decent enough idea, if it's done right. Heck, perhaps that could be a way to correct a pet peeve of many: the lack of popularity of the Gothic-series among casual RPG'ers/gamers.
    http://theoldcamp.com/signatures/tOC_sig1.jpg

  20. View Forum Posts #20
    banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Greece-Athens.
    Posts
    2,070
     
    jimokalos is offline
    Quote Originally Posted by Korianous View Post
    Dude, Fable was never released for the PS2. It was PC, Mac, and Xbox only. Once again, please look up what you are talking about before you say something. It's like a broken record with you Jim. One week you've been back. Come on mate, get yourself together .
    Oops sorry my mistake.Yeah it was released on XBOX.But not in the 360.The Xbox 360 was mostly made to impress the young children of americans.The older XBOX times were much better.



    Quote Originally Posted by Korianous View Post
    You realize that some of the (popularly decided) greatest games have been released for the Xbox 360? Fable 2,
    Yeah but this was released in the older XBOX.
    Quote Originally Posted by Korianous View Post
    Oblivion (a little detached, but still a very good game IMO)
    Oops,here we are,our sucker oblivion. Dude,just tell me what is good with Oblivion????It brought the rp gaming to a dead end IMO.Too repeatable gameplay,bad storyline,awefull combat system(you can go and kill everyone from the beggining) and much more.But since it was released in XBOX 360 and had such low requirements for such good grafics(although G3's were better) Americans loved it(again I don't mean to insult americans,I also blame a lot of my own people for not knowing what true gaming means.I do not consider americans like the lazybones who love playing stupid games.Of course not,I just say that most of them do not know what true pc gaming means and prefer consoles which can never be as good as pcs.).
    Quote Originally Posted by Korianous View Post
    Mass Effect,
    Same with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Korianous View Post
    I'd say it took gaming to a whole new level.
    I would say that this new lvl drives gaming to disaster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Korianous View Post
    By your logic, gaming should have never evolved from the NES, and the good old days of Super Mario and Zelda. True, the old spirit is lost, but times change and give way to new innovations, and the chance for something better.
    That is what pisses me so much.I prefer the older times.I remember the old times of gaming,I truly miss them. Come on mate think about it.I think that you have some knowledge of true gaming and tell me.For example: Do you feel the same playing an rpg of 2003 in pc and playing an rpg of 2008 in XBOX 360? Simply put:IMO a genre of gaming like rpgs should have never be released on consoles,well at least in XBOX 360 because they are simply not compatible.A genre like rpgs can't be released on consoles unless they raise it a lot.After that it can be released on consoles but what remains from it becomes a stupid hack and slash that does not deserve to be called rpg.Listen to me,none company in this world is developing games so that we will be satisfied.They do it for one reason.To fill up their pockets and they will do that even if they need to develope the most stupid game.Since most people don't have true knowledge of gaming and like this stupid hack and slash companies develope that.That is what the so called ''Crisis of gaming'' causes.
    Last edited by jimokalos; 19.05.2009 at 09:47.

Page 1 of 5 12345 Last »

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Impressum | Link Us | intern
World of Gothic © by World of Gothic Team
Gothic, Gothic 2 & Gothic 3 are © by Piranha Bytes & Egmont Interactive & JoWooD Productions AG, all rights reserved worldwide