Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Seite 1 von 21 12345812 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 403
    Demigod Avatar von Rashnu
    Guarding Chinvat Bridge (As-Sirāt); a bridge finer than a hair and sharper than a sword.
    The "Bug-Me" Thread #6: Your Questions Answered by PBs
    Thread #6 is now open.

As Ralf put it in the first thread:
    Alright - I may not be able to answer your questions on a daily basis - but THIS is the place where you can ask them. The German half of the forum has it - so I think you should have it too!
    At this point I am not able to answer your questions about
    a) the story or content of the new game
    b) possible features
    c) patches for Gothic 3

Everything else is welcome. It may take a couple of days until you might receive an answer to your post - so please be patient, I have to do this in my breaks and spare time here at the studio.
    Previous threads:

Bug-Me Thread #1
    Bug-Me Thread #2
    Bug-Me Thread #3
    Bug-Me Thread #4
    Bug-Me Thread #5

Ralf requests you to write your actual questions in a different colour for easier spotting among the flood of postings. I would recommend "lemon-chiffon", some sort of light yellow. It is more pleasant to the eye than red for longer texts when having the forum's default colour scheme as background.

As always: please be patient and polite. Now fire away your questions.

Addendum: This Q&A-Thread is a special gift to the community. Most readers expect to find here questions by the users and answers from the Piranhas, not idle chatter or off-topic remarks.

Try to stick on topic in this thread particularly - it is a rare gem to have the developer answer questions from the community on an almost daily basis. Cherish it while it lasts. The moderation reserves the right to move or delete postings which don't meet these objectives.
    [Bild: Rashnu340obenGIF.gif][Bild: nds_banner_156x60_rounded.jpg]
    [Bild: Rashnu340untenlinks.gif][Bild: Rashnu340untenrechts.gif][Bild: oaqmBDA_Nein_113x60.jpg]
    "Greeting to thee; well hast thou come; from that mortal world hast thou come to this pure, bright place."
    Rashnu ist offline

Rookie Avatar von Malergh
    Will the game support widescreen resolutions? Such as 1680x1050? i.e the Gothic games did not support this AFAIK.

The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown... - H.P Lovecraft
    Malergh ist offline

Knight Avatar von catalinux
    Zitat Zitat von Malergh Beitrag anzeigen
    Will the game support widescreen resolutions? Such as 1680x1050? i.e the Gothic games did not support this AFAIK.
    Yes. Risen will support widescreen resolutions.

@Ralf: Will we have a Risen Guide.pdf in the installation DVD? And if so, will it contain something more then the keyboard configuration, some poor infos about the game and the credits? I mean... something spectacular! A good story, some mysteries...
    catalinux ist offline

Waldläufer Avatar von iab
    iab ist offline

Knight Commander Avatar von Demonium
    Bug me thread 6?

I hope Ralf is getting an extra bonus payment for that

Ok a question about Gnomes...
    Ralf, the gnomes will look like humanoid creatures or they will look like this?
    Demonium ist offline

Q: Ralf, can you tell us please if there is any Alpha-Gothic demo (older than 1.04d)?
    I also found something interesting in the Walkthrough.htm from GothicDemo 1.04d:
    "After a few steps there might be a Creature on the way. It is a scavenger. If it is there Diego will give You an apple and tell You that You either can fight or try to fool the monster with the apple. To fool it throw the apple at the monster." ("Throw Item: To throw an item You have to get it ready to throw first. Therefor press <CTRL>+<Right>. To throw it press <CTRL>+<UP>.")
    I was only curious if this feature, throw item, actually did worked in the early Gothic development
    catalinux ist offline

Ex Artdirector & Concept Artist, PB
    Hi!

before I am off to the weekend- here are some more answers...

Zitat Zitat von Malergh Beitrag anzeigen
    Yup- it will.

Zitat Zitat von catalinux Beitrag anzeigen
    Yes. Risen will support widescreen resolutions.

@Ralf: Will we have a Risen Guide.pdf in the installation DVD? And if so, will it contain something more then the keyboard configuration, some poor infos about the game and the credits? I mean... something spectacular! A good story, some mysteries...
    Let´s see what we will get. I have some material for a booklet- so we can spice up the manual nicely...

Zitat Zitat von Demonium Beitrag anzeigen
    Bug me thread 6?

I hope Ralf is getting an extra bonus payment for that

Ok a question about Gnomes...
    Ralf, the gnomes will look like humanoid creatures or they will look like this?
    No- but I enjoy these threads- as does everybody here in the studio.
    And yes- if we would have gnomes in the game (we haven´t!), they would definetly look like this!
    Bu we have something that is cute, stange and as funny as gnomes...

Zitat Zitat von catalinux Beitrag anzeigen
    Q: Ralf, can you tell us please if there is any Alpha-Gothic demo (older than 1.04d)?
    I also found something interesting in the Walkthrough.htm from GothicDemo 1.04d:
    "After a few steps there might be a Creature on the way. It is a scavenger. If it is there Diego will give You an apple and tell You that You either can fight or try to fool the monster with the apple. To fool it throw the apple at the monster." ("Throw Item: To throw an item You have to get it ready to throw first. Therefor press <CTRL>+<Right>. To throw it press <CTRL>+<UP>.")
    I was only curious if this feature, throw item, actually did worked in the early Gothic development
    Not to my knowlege.
    Especially G1 had a labyrinthian developement phase- so lots of stuff had been firstimplemented and the dropped again. That happend a lot- so early versions felt a bit different than the release version.
    Ralf Marczinczik
    Artdirector / Illustrator
    http://www.comixfactory.de
    Ralf ist offline

Knight Commander Avatar von Bamfy
    Zitat Zitat von Ralf Beitrag anzeigen
    No- but I enjoy these threads- as does everybody here in the studio.
    And yes- if we would have gnomes in the game (we haven´t!), they would definetly look like this!
    Bu we have something that is cute, stange and as funny as gnomes...
    Is it something seen in other games,or something new?

BTW,I`m curious,how do you guys work?I mean,in a big room where everybody is,or there more rooms,a room for scripting,other modelling etc?
    Or,you guys talk while working?You know,like in school,got boring of writing and then start to turn to your mate and make fun of him and then he starts to make fun of you(somekind of "haha you`re stupid" "haha and you`re an idiot" but of course in a funny mode,you know,to cheer up people and lighten the mood)

Have a nice weekend PB!
    Bamfy ist offline Geändert von Bamfy (12.09.2008 um 17:02 Uhr)

I think they work in the garden, at fresh air, where birds are singing and the wind is whispering

Danke for the answers Ralf and a very pleasant week-end to you and all PB!
    catalinux ist offline

1. i rewatched the GC2008_Risen_Q&A and got in a sentence Mike says something like
    'dai:mon', 'aus', 'ti:e' (i try to use phonetic symbol to record them).
    i'm pretty sure the first one means 'demon',
    and i heard someone saying 'ti:e' means 'animal'.

Q: is demon designed as unique creature, like in Gothic series; or does demon evolve from some kind of animal?
    i'm asking this, for i'm thinking about the lore of Risen - god left the world, so where can demon come from? in gothic they come form Beliar's realm, but now where?

2. will we meet different demons, like demon and demon lord in Gothic?

3. i like the inquisitor, i hope he is Xardas in Risen - i've never seen another character like Xardas in other games, so deep and independent - can my hope come true?
    iab ist offline

Knight Avatar von TheDoctor

Ralf, can you tell us about some specific cosmetics you have added in Risen? Will there be a beautiful sunrise and sunset, rain like we've never seen it before with a rainbow following, flocks of birds flying in the distant sky, maybe even falling stars or even northern lights at night?

Give us some examples?
    TheDoctor ist offline

Hello again!

A new week- and bad weather has come home again: to Germany.

Zitat Zitat von Bamfy Beitrag anzeigen
    Is it something seen in other games,or something new?

BTW,I`m curious,how do you guys work?I mean,in a big room where everybody is,or there more rooms,a room for scripting,other modelling etc?
    Or,you guys talk while working?You know,like in school,got boring of writing and then start to turn to your mate and make fun of him and then he starts to make fun of you(somekind of "haha you`re stupid" "haha and you`re an idiot" but of course in a funny mode,you know,to cheer up people and lighten the mood)

Have a nice weekend PB!
    We have a big room for all the programmers, since they are in constant need of communication. The GFX artists are separated in 3 Rooms, because we almost constantly listen to music- which would drive the poor programmers nuts.
    Story is split in 2 offices- and the studio itself is a normal 2 floor family house:
    http://www.worldofrisen.de/gallery_pic286.htm
    This gives you a good image of how it looks. We talk a lot and have two meeting-rooms and yes- smoking is tollerated.

Zitat Zitat von iab Beitrag anzeigen
    1. i rewatched the GC2008_Risen_Q&A and got in a sentence Mike says something like
    'dai:mon', 'aus', 'ti:e' (i try to use phonetic symbol to record them).
    i'm pretty sure the first one means 'demon',
    and i heard someone saying 'ti:e' means 'animal'.

Q: is demon designed as unique creature, like in Gothic series; or does demon evolve from some kind of animal?
    i'm asking this, for i'm thinking about the lore of Risen - god left the world, so where can demon come from? in gothic they come form Beliar's realm, but now where?

2. will we meet different demons, like demon and demon lord in Gothic?

3. i like the inquisitor, i hope he is Xardas in Risen - i've never seen another character like Xardas in other games, so deep and independent - can my hope come true?

1) I assume he refers two the ASHBEAST, featured in the trailer. It´s a almost mythological beast- and doesn´t rely on eyes or nose for sensing it´s prey. Its rare- but not unique.
    2 ) There will be plenty of monsters. Some unique- some not so. But most of them are quite bizarre. Real Demons are not featured.
    3) He is a real piece of work. And has lot´s of secrets. You might like him...

Zitat Zitat von TheDoctor Beitrag anzeigen

Ralf, can you tell us about some specific cosmetics you have added in Risen? Will there be a beautiful sunrise and sunset, rain like we've never seen it before with a rainbow following, flocks of birds flying in the distant sky, maybe even falling stars or even northern lights at night?

Give us some examples?
    We are still working on that. No rainbows- but if things go according to plan- you might see some really realistic light and skies...
    Ralf Marczinczik
    Ralf ist offline

Dragonslayer Avatar von Powaz
    Hey, Ralf, have your seen the move Eternal Sunshine of Spotless Mind (By Michel Gondry)?What do you think of it?
    I also would like to hear your opinion on these movies: Coffee & Cigarettes, Down by Law and Broken Flowers (All by Jim Jarmusch)

Maybe you could suggest me some movies?
    Powaz ist offline Geändert von Powaz (15.09.2008 um 14:05 Uhr)

Zitat Zitat von Powaz Beitrag anzeigen
    Hey, Ralf, have your seen the move Eternal Sunshine of Spotless Mind (By Michel Gondry)?What do you think of it?
    I also would like to hear your opinion on these movies: Coffee & Cigarettes, Down by Law and Broken Flowers (All by Jim Jarmusch)

Maybe you could suggest me some movies?
    Hia!

Oh- I loved it. I think Eternal Sunshine is a technical marvel- from a storyteller point of view. Awe-inspiring.
    The Jarmush films are cool. All of them . I really loved Dead Man.

If you like this kind of cinema, I think, you would like the films of Takeshi Kitano (Sonatine, or Vilolent Cop) .
    You also should see Atom Egoyans Films. If you can not get hooked on THE ADJUSTER than I missjudged you taste (but I doubt it).
    Canadian Cinama at it´s best (yes- I love Cronenberg too- but that is not all there is...)
    Ralf Marczinczik
    Ralf ist offline

Zitat Zitat von Ralf Beitrag anzeigen
    1) I assume he refers two the ASHBEAST, featured in the trailer. It´s a almost mythological beast- and doesn´t rely on eyes or nose for sensing it´s prey. Its rare- but not unique.
    2 ) There will be plenty of monsters. Some unique- some not so. But most of them are quite bizarre. Real Demons are not featured.
    3) He is a real piece of work. And has lot´s of secrets. You might like him...
    wow no real demons ... i'll miss them.
    the ashbeast is cool, if it can be a bit bigger than it is in the trailer, then even cooler.

i regard Xardas as one who sacrificed himself - whoever violate the will of god, will be punished forevermore after his death when he enters Beliar's realm. but Xardas still did so in order to give freedom to both human and orc ... i sincerely respect him!

now, base on former experience, the story guys must be more skillful, and if you say the inquisitor is a real piece of work, then ... i can't wait to meet him!

a small question,
    maybe, behind one of the inquisitor's many secrets, we still have hope to see Real Demons in future Risen games? - if everything goes well.
    'no way' or 'secret' is enough for a answer.
    iab ist offline Geändert von iab (18.09.2008 um 19:48 Uhr)

Lehrling
    I wish we could see some more spells than the ones we are already used to.
    I dont mean some random spells that are of not much use.
    For instance in the fire path (or if there is ice path) maybe we could use something different than "the good old fireball" or the "icebolt".
    -There could be a spell that blasts a target from a distance doing some amount of dmg, without having to "travel to the target". Or a spell that sets target on fire doing dmg over time.
    -Or there could be a different path for a mage where the character has life-drain uninteruptable spells but to get those spells you would have to sacrifice half your hp so you are not overpowered ;p Add some crowd-controlling spell to that character and it could be a lot of fun
    -and maybe some tank characters could also have some spells: for instance a melee character does average dmg with melee but has some insta-cast spells (offensive or defensive) for balancing purposes..
    those were just a few ideas...

Question: are the spell-lines going to have some "new" spells in them? Since we already know we wont see much of the "ordinary" enemies (ie goblin, orc, troll etc)..
    belatio ist offline Geändert von belatio (17.09.2008 um 14:06 Uhr)

Ranger Avatar von Vontrippen
    Ralf,when can we have new immage or info??
    If you like Rpg you have to visit RpgItalia an italian Rpg site where you'll find soon also our new browser game set in Middle-earth
    Vontrippen ist offline

Zitat Zitat von Vontrippen Beitrag anzeigen
    Ralf,when can we have new immage or info??
    More Infos will come when the official page opens (it´s still pending when)
    And new images- should come sooner...

Zitat Zitat von belatio Beitrag anzeigen
    I wish we could see some more spells than the ones we are already used to.
    I dont mean some random spells that are of not much use.
    For instance in the fire path (or if there is ice path) maybe we could use something different than "the good old fireball" or the "icebolt".
    -There could be a spell that blasts a target from a distance doing some amount of dmg, without having to "travel to the target". Or a spell that sets target on fire doing dmg over time.
    -Or there could be a different path for a mage where the character has life-drain uninteruptable spells but to get those spells you would have to sacrifice half your hp so you are not overpowered ;p Add some crowd-controlling spell to that character and it could be a lot of fun
    -and maybe some tank characters could also have some spells: for instance a melee character does average dmg with melee but has some insta-cast spells (offensive or defensive) for balancing purposes..
    those were just a few ideas...

Question: are the spell-lines going to have some "new" spells in them? Since we already know we wont see much of the "ordinary" enemies (ie goblin, orc, troll etc)..
    Absolutely. One spell is really, really cool- in my opinion...
    Ralf Marczinczik
    Ralf ist offline

Knight
    Ralf, am i correct when i say first ingame screenshot will be shown at around new year? If not, would it be possible to tell when it will be?
    Zocky ist offline

Fighter
    Ralf i must say, your day at work must be nice, you sit near a girl right? ich? is she good looking? is she there now?

i dont know if this question was answered or not :S, but i will post

if the map is a little bigger than g2,or samse size, the hero will need sort of transportation, maybe furter on,like in g1,g2, will it be same way, trasnportation spells?
    Zitat Zitat von rekinu Beitrag anzeigen
    But beware that some of the mods have laser guns so please do no cross the line.
    nautkyn ist offline

Seite 1 von 21 12345812 ... Letzte »