Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Seite 7 von 21 « Erste ... 345678910111418 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 121 bis 140 von 403

Ex Artdirector & Concept Artist, PB
    Zitat Zitat von triangles Beitrag anzeigen
    Ralf I got a suggestion:

-Some animals should be naturally afraid of fire, so you could make the torch a method of protecting yourself but the animals should just be less likely to attack and more likely to get out of the way and this should work better with the smaller creatures and much less with the big creatures, this would add an enormous amount of life to the world.

And now I got a question:

-When I saw the trailer I had the impression that the game is in a tropical setting, which I do not like, or is it the gritty medieval Europe setting like in all the gothics?

Thank you Ralf for the answers.
    Thanks for the suggestion- I forwarded it to our gamedesigners.
    The Plants and Trees in the trailer are not completely accurat with what you will see in the game. It will be mediterranian- but definetly not tropical.

Zitat Zitat von Zocky Beitrag anzeigen
    Another suggestion from me, perhabs for Risen 2.

I was thinking about fighting style. Mostly we have medieval knights style, meaning heavy swords, heavy armour, etc. Do you think it would be possible to make add ability to be sort of a warrior like ninja so to speak. Something that would be much faster, much more agile, but would have weak defense. I'd really like to have this kind of fighter.
    Nice one! Also forwarded.

Zitat Zitat von TeLovesc Beitrag anzeigen
    are we going to see some game-play videos in the next months? i think it`s about time for that
    :

No plans for stuff like until the end of the year. Sorry mate.
    Ralf Marczinczik
    Artdirector / Illustrator
    http://www.comixfactory.de
    Ralf ist offline

Knight Avatar von TheDoctor
    If PB's planning to release some stuff at the end of the year, we only will have to wait 2 months. That's not very long.

I'm happy
    TheDoctor ist offline

Ranger

question 1:
    when we enter a dialog will it jump to face of the hero whenever he's talking and then jump to the npc's face when he's talking, or will it be the usual gothic dialog where the camera doesnt change position when you enter a dialog?

question 2:
    about the enemiess.
    i really dont like the idea of having the possibility to kill a very strong enemy early in the game. so will the hero be able to kill every enemy even with weak swords or weak spells? (lets asume he's using god mode and cant be killed)

question 3:
    will we see rare and extremely strong creatures like the trolls in gothic?

aqwerty ist offline

Apprentice
    Ralf,how long will the game be ,whith all the side-quests and main ones ?
    hrthjthgjkhgiu ist offline

Metasyntaktische Variable
    Zitat Zitat von hrthjthgjkhgiu Beitrag anzeigen
    Ralf,how long will the game be ,whith all the side-quests and main ones ?
    About 40 to 50 hours. That was the estimate the Piranhas gave on the Games Convention in Leipzig, Germany in August this year. You can also download the subtitled Q&A trailer from our site to see for yourself.
    foobar ist offline

Knight Avatar von TeLovesc
    Judgeing by all these answers and statements i can estimate the release date around april 2009 ...am i close?
    TeLovesc ist offline

Apprentice
    Zitat Zitat von foobar Beitrag anzeigen
    About 40 to 50 hours. That was the estimate the Piranhas gave on the Games Convention in Leipzig, Germany in August this year. You can also download the subtitled Q&A trailer from our site to see for yourself.
    this is way too little ,i quess thre won't be so many side-quests then...

Knight
    Too little? i'd say that's quite a lot, and that probably won't include every single side quest.
    Zocky ist offline

Zitat Zitat von hrthjthgjkhgiu Beitrag anzeigen
    this is way too little ,i quess thre won't be so many side-quests then...
    Well, don't get fed up on this number too much. Keep in mind that hopefully there will be a lot of motivation to play the game again in a different guild. And also please do not forget that it's not only the time itself that matters but the way you apprehend it. I can (without problems) create a game that gives you 100 hours of play time by simply adding a lot of stupid quests that chase you from one end of the world to the other so that you're constantly running around. But would you want that? If yes, then I can give you a list of movies you'd want to buy. You'll get perceived 4 to 5 hours of film for only about 10 bucks each.
    foobar ist offline Geändert von foobar (25.10.2008 um 13:04 Uhr) Grund: Double double word word

Waldläufer Avatar von iab
    Hi Ralf, have you (especially Mike) ever used "mindmanager"?
    Mindjet Brainstorming, Free Form Thinking, and Visual Aid Mind Mapping Software Program
    i'm sure Mike will like it!

if it won't spoil the story, i'd very like to know:
    why you decided not to include real demon in Risen?
    iab ist offline Geändert von iab (26.10.2008 um 03:23 Uhr)

Apprentice
    Zitat Zitat von foobar Beitrag anzeigen
    Well, don't get fed up on this number too much. Keep in mind that hopefully there will be a lot of motivation to play the game again in a different guild. And also please do not forget that it's not only the time itself that matters but the way you apprehend it. I can (without problems) create a game that gives you 100 hours of play time by simply adding a lot of stupid quests that chase you from one end of the world to the other so that you're constantly running around. But would you want that? If yes, then I can give you a list of movies you'd want to buy. You'll get perceived 4 to 5 hours of film for only about 10 bucks each.
    yeah you're right
    -one more question:every faction in the game can be joinable? In gothic 1 you couldn't become ore-barron ans in Gothic 2 (i wanted this!) you couldn't become a water mage!

Ex Artdirector & Concept Artist, PB
    Zitat Zitat von aqwerty Beitrag anzeigen

question 1:
    when we enter a dialog will it jump to face of the hero whenever he's talking and then jump to the npc's face when he's talking, or will it be the usual gothic dialog where the camera doesnt change position when you enter a dialog?

question 2:
    about the enemiess.
    i really dont like the idea of having the possibility to kill a very strong enemy early in the game. so will the hero be able to kill every enemy even with weak swords or weak spells? (lets asume he's using god mode and cant be killed)

question 3:
    will we see rare and extremely strong creatures like the trolls in gothic?

1) No- the camera moves quite nicely now when you enter a dialogue. More cinematic...

2) No details on the fight-system. Sorry, mate.

3) Absolutely!

Zitat Zitat von iab Beitrag anzeigen
    Hi Ralf, have you (especially Mike) ever used "mindmanager"?
    Mindjet Brainstorming, Free Form Thinking, and Visual Aid Mind Mapping Software Program
    i'm sure Mike will like it!

if it won't spoil the story, i'd very like to know:
    why you decided not to include real demon in Risen?
    Not me. But it allready took Mike a while to get used to "scrumm". I am not sure he´s willing to go to another system anytime soon. But thanks for the link anyway...

Demons would require to have a stronger christian context in the game- and that wouldn´t fit too well. It´s just not powerful enough without a good context...
    Ralf Marczinczik
    Artdirector / Illustrator
    http://www.comixfactory.de
    Ralf ist offline

Zitat Zitat von Ralf Beitrag anzeigen
    Demons would require to have a stronger christian context in the game- and that wouldn´t fit too well. It´s just not powerful enough without a good context...
    Well, not necessarily. The word demon itself originates from the greek word "daimon" meaning simply a "ghost-like" or supernatural being. Many old cultures had the idea of such creatures (greeks, egyptians, sumerians, persians) in one way or another - long before christianity was founded. The greek word for "blessedness" or "felicity" for example was "eudaimonia" (literally something like "the (good) demons are with you"). Demons as purely evil creatures is a christian idea, caused by the problem that a monotheistic religion needs to somehow deal with such superstitions. They cannot have something powerful existing "out of the natural order" where one single god rules over everything. The christians chose to declare the demons to be "fallen angels" while for example the Islam had a more complex idea. In that religion, the humans are created from earth, the angels from light and the "demons" (or "djinn") from fire. They are not evil per se but can be good as well. If I recall correctly, Mohammed once was concernced about the accusation of only being obsessed by one djinn alone. Just for the records. There are plenty of ways to get demons in a game without troubling yourself with christian believes.

EDIT: @Zocky - I did not say I wanted them. I said you can have them without christianity involved.
    foobar ist offline Geändert von foobar (27.10.2008 um 18:53 Uhr) Grund: Guess what - typo, little clarification

Knight
    Neh, i'd rether see if PB keeps this game in difrent style then gothic. Don't get me wrong, demons, paladins, dragons....all that was nice, but lets see if PB can rether create some NEW monsters instead of reusing tipical monsters like most of other rpgs. From what i see, some monsters we have seen that will be in Risen, are very original and that's really good thing. If you want demons, you can play any other rpg. That's one thing i like about risen, to be as original as possible.

I never undestood how can this things be a good thing, that all rpgs uses the same monster. Devs should rether be more creative and use imagination to make new monsters, like PB. So for that sake of originality, i do hope demons stay out of Risen.
    Zocky ist offline

Knight Commander Avatar von Demonium
    +1 to foobar for his comment...

And furthermore demons existed in Gothic games...Could be creatures from another dimension...

Anyways...i believe that there should be original monsters, but you cant avoid some usual one like undead, skeletons, demons, dragons.

I cant imagine a RPG with ought Trolls, Ogres, goblins or Orcs...

And furthermore, you can use the same monsters but give them a different and original appearance...

Like the Orcs for example...The orcs of Warcraft and Warhammer, are green and look almost the same...Piranhas made for the first time the orcs to look completely different. They had brown skin and they were hairy...

The same could be with other "common" monsters. Its all about fantasy. You can make 100 different versions of Trolls, Ogres, Demons, Dragons...or hundreds of different paladin armors that would look original.
    Demonium ist offline

Knight
    look, if you want LOTR, play oblivion or something :P

Seriously, you have all those, Demonium, in every single RPG out there. If we go this way, well, lets just copy the world, the story and everything from gothic and other game, why even bothering with something more original then when you can't imagen rpg without demons.

Seriously, this game has oportunity to be something special, something difrent. Can't you guys think just for a moment 'out of the box' here? I mean seriously, what's so darn intresting fighting against demon for bazilionth time like in ALL OTHER rpgs? I gothic, i find it by far more intresting mosnters like scavenger (especially that NOTR version of it), shadowbeast, snapper, bitters, lurkers, and dunno what is that monster called from G1, bloodhound or something. All this was original and added a whole lot to the gothic ambient. And i prefer these far more then skeletons, demons (which i never really liked), goblins, etc.

I just find it so boring to have generic monsters that every single rpgs already has. It's boring, there's nothing misterious or intresting about something you have seen bazilion times. But if you fight some new monster, like shadowsbeast, it's just more intresting.

It's because when you wonder around, you are intrested to see what new monsters will you see next. But if you have LOTR enemies, what is there to be intresting? You already know then all the enemies before even starting to play it. I find that so boring.

As you said yourself Domenium, this is fantasy. You can think of whatever freakin' monster you want, so why on the world should they use something that is already used so often. why?

Maybe, maybe i would keep skeletons, because they can create kinda spooky feeling. But apart from that, try to be as original as possible, as long as it's 'cool'.
    Zocky ist offline

Didnt you like the Demons in Gothic 2?

I believe there should be a mixture of both original and usual monsters...Like in Gothic.
    There were known monsters like Dragons, dinos, skeletons, undead, Trolls, Ogres, Goblins, Orcs, golems...And there were unique ones like shadowbeasts...

I dont like to see only new monsters that look like Aliens to me. Because this reminds me Morrowind. Looked like Mars with strange creatures...
    But from the other hand, i dont like seeing in a game the same creatures like in other games (dwarfs, elves, Orcs)

Thats why i proposed many times to use some Greek mythological creatures. Or some creatures from different mythologies. That would be original.

IMO the most important is, how the the creatures will look like.
    And how their animations and AI is made...These things can make the creatures unique.
    Warcraft Orcs and Gothic Orcs. Both creatures supposed to be Orcs, but they are totally different in both games...So if you want you can use the common creatures but with your touch of imagination. Thats enough for me...
    Demonium ist offline

Knight
    True, but still, orcs are orcs and dwarfs are dwarfs, no matther how difrent you make them.

IF i refer to Gothic, i can totaly miss all the demons and dragons (yes those too), but i would really miss snappers and such.

Yes i liked Gothic 2. But i really liked the NOTR addon, who added a lot more originality to tipical LOTR world in g2. One tipical LOTR game (g2) was ok, but that's enough if you ask me. I want something original with Risen. Otherwise, i'll just play some g2 mods.

I still think they should go with originality and keep those old things at minimum. MAybe skeletons and some others, but defenetly not demons. And nor dragons. Don't get me wrong, dragons are cool, but they are sooooo overused. For final g2 boss i was hoping something really intresting, and what did we get? Yet another Dragon. That was maybe a little bit dissapointed. I still prefer unique Sleeper in g1 over overused Dragons as final boss, like g2.

Don't get me wrong dude, i'm just saying that we have so many other tipical LOTR games, that it would be such a shame to make yet another LOTR-ish world. word 'fantasy' allows you to use whatever your imagination can come up with, but yet for some reason we see same and same monsters (and stuff) over and over again.

And don't forget if you still want tipical lotr/gothic world, you can still play Gothic 4/Arcania, so let PB make this one difrent, the way they think it's the best. No need to have 2 'gothic' game at the same time, when we can have 1 gothic and 1 difrent, original game.
    Zocky ist offline

Zitat Zitat von Zocky Beitrag anzeigen
    And don't forget if you still want tipical lotr/gothic world, you can still play Gothic 4/Arcania, so let PB make this one difrent, the way they think it's the best.
    I can understand your points. But will something completely new attract the Gothic fans?

If i could make a RPG for the Gothic fans, i would have used most of the old creatures with a new design perhaps just to give the feeling to the player that he is playing Gothic game but on another part of the world...
    Of course i would include many new things as well...

No need to have 2 'gothic' game at the same time, when we can have 1 gothic and 1 difrent, original game.
    Now the point is which one is going to remind "Gothic"...
    Demonium ist offline

Knight
    Well, if i wanted to make gothic game for fans, i'd make it as unique as possible (in visual design and stuff), but gameplay and overall feeling would be similar to gothic. This way, game kinda reminds you of gothic, but gives you completly new, unique world to explore.

And lets not forget, 'difrent/unique' already worked with Gothic 1. So why wouldn't it work again with Risen?
    I'm not saying everything that is difrent is good. But knowing PB and from what i see, Risen will be difrent, but very intresting too.

Also, don't you think that taking old monsters and making them a bit difrent is kinda cheating? I mean like trying to make them think they have something original, but they actually got old stuff with new 'dress'. :P
    Zocky ist offline

Seite 7 von 21 « Erste ... 345678910111418 ... Letzte »