Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Seite 16 von 21 « Erste ... 59121314151617181920 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 301 bis 320 von 403
    Knight Avatar von vivaxardas
    1. Are you going to give us a MDK for Risen and your new game engine?
    I do not know whether you answered this one. Sorry if you did. Just give me a link.

2. Do you guys have hi-poly character models from Gothic 1 and 2, or hi-res (face) textures for them? I would be really glad to have them for my mod videos. In-game animations are not that flexible.

Thanks. I wish you luck.
    SKEPTICISM IS A VIRTUE!

Лидия: Любимый, я беременна!
    Я: ФУС-РО-ДА!!!!
    vivaxardas ist offline

Metasyntaktische Variable
    Zitat Zitat von vivaxardas Beitrag anzeigen
    I do not know whether you answered this one. Sorry if you did. Just give me a link.
    Well, just scroll upwards 7 posts, there you'll find the answer:

Zitat Zitat von Michael Rüve Beitrag anzeigen
    Zitat Zitat von themadhatter Beitrag anzeigen
    4) This may have been asked, but is there any chance of a modding toolkit being released?
    Yes. Do not ask for a guarantee or a definite date, though.
    foobar ist offline

Ritter Avatar von [>Silverback<]
    Zitat Zitat von vivaxardas Beitrag anzeigen
    I do not know whether you answered this one. Sorry if you did. Just give me a link. [...]
    The answer is not far away... Just go back a few posts and read the newest dev-post.

Zitat Zitat von themadhatter Beitrag anzeigen
    [...] 4) This may have been asked, but is there any chance of a modding toolkit being released?
    Zitat Zitat von Michael Rüve Beitrag anzeigen
    [...] Yes. Do not ask for a guarantee or a definite date, though.
    /EDIT:
    #§?%$... Too late!
    - Macht's gut und danke für den Fisch. -
    ~ Phynkchen alias [>Silverback<] ~

Lehrling
    nice timing guys!

i dont remember reading somewhere details about the ranged combat system..
    Is the archery system going to be like G3 where using the bow means going to near first person camera and have to aim manually?
    Personally, i dont really like that idea. I know most people were satisfied with G3 ranged combat system, but for me manual aiming is not really for an rpg. I would prefer a good targeting system (can even be cursor based targeting) and auto aiming with %chance to miss a shot (that would ofc get to near 0% as you lvl in ranged combat like in G1).

Next question:
    Near the end of the game will all character types (heavy melee, light melee, ranged, melee-magic, pure casters) have the same uber armour, or will we see different types? Will armour be guild-based or quality based (ie robe, chain, plate)?
    belatio ist offline Geändert von belatio (15.12.2008 um 02:29 Uhr)

Demigod Avatar von Rashnu
    Guarding Chinvat Bridge (As-Sirāt); a bridge finer than a hair and sharper than a sword.
    Zitat Zitat von [>Silverback<] Beitrag anzeigen
    Original source:

Zitat Zitat von Ralf Beitrag anzeigen
    [...] Die Kampfstiele sind nach Skill-Level gegliedert. D.h. je mehr Erfahrungspunkte Du hast, um so eleganter wird Dein Kampfstil aussehen. Ein wenig Akrobatik ist drin [...]
    Looks, like your translation is missing. Otherwise, it's not of much use to our users here.
    [Bild: Rashnu340obenGIF.gif][Bild: nds_banner_156x60_rounded.jpg]
    [Bild: Rashnu340untenlinks.gif][Bild: Rashnu340untenrechts.gif][Bild: oaqmBDA_Nein_113x60.jpg]
    "Greeting to thee; well hast thou come; from that mortal world hast thou come to this pure, bright place."
    Rashnu ist offline

Sword Master Avatar von Argenguy
    Ralf/Mike, what about magic in wild state? One thing that I would like to see in Risen is wild, chaotic magic like the will o' the wisp of Gothic 2, those were some sort of magical wild beings. If the gods are really pissed of and starting to rise ancient ruins of evil, the should also be magical anomalies all over the wilderness, for example: elementals (not golems), invisible walls, poisoned fog, undead that rise from the earth without warning or provocation.
    Argenguy ist offline

Ex Artdirector & Concept Artist, PB
    Zitat Zitat von Powaz Beitrag anzeigen
    Okay, everyone is so crazed after those screenshots but my questions is about movies. Any good movies you could suggest?
    Yes- The day the earth stood still (the 50´s original)
    Outlander -Design wise
    and Two days ago I saw a very good and alos very dsturbing film again called Come and see by Elem Klimov.http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091251/

Zitat Zitat von Demonium Beitrag anzeigen
    Ralf the ingame graphics are looking simply superb...The game competes the graphics of the new generation top games...

I hope the final version wont have any lagging or low frames.

And please tell me that with my Athlon X2 6000, 8800GT and 2 gigs of ram, i will be able to play on maximum with 30 frames...I am tired of these PC upgrades...

A question.

Those screenshots are taken ingame from the engine or they are rendered scenes in some 3d program?
    Ingame this is how it looks at the moment.- And sadly the final specs for the PC version are still not finalized.

Zitat Zitat von TheDoctor Beitrag anzeigen
    Ralf, are there any plans at all for a PS3 version?
    Sadly not.

Well maybe DS will pay some other dudes for PS3 port in future. Who knows. Well I wish you the best luck.

Have you guys got a final name for the muckmonster or will it stay the way it is (hope not)?
    I think, it might be called swampmummy- but that my still change.

Zitat Zitat von rotator Beitrag anzeigen
    So you (THE Piranha Bytes) are making the definitive PC version, which is being ported by some console oriented team to the Box? This is terrific news! And the screenshots look amazing!

Will there be significant difference between the combat and general control of the PC and Box version, or both audiences get the same?
    I don´t know yet. We have to ask Mike about it further down the road...

Zitat Zitat von Zocky Beitrag anzeigen
    Hello Ralf!

I was wondering, is there any chance that in Risen (or R2), it would be possible to have an conversation with several difrent npc's at once? In all Gothics, for that,you had to actually finish talking with one npc, and only then to other, and even then, it seems like those two are not together.

I mean something like you have lester, hero and diego, and you all talk about something. And then for example, diego asks you how was a day, and you reply something like 'yeah it was a realy hard day, i had lots ofthings to do', and then third npc, lester, reacts to what you both told and replies 'Yeah, tell me about it, i had a bussy day myself'.
    Anyway, point would be that you and all npc would be active in conversation, listenting to one another and replying to that. I think that would bring a bit more realism to NPC's, when you talk with them.
    Because in RL, you don't always talk with only 1 person, but sometimes with multiple persons at once.
    Maybe one thing idea for that would be, when you have group of people, if each has special dialog options, you could maybe use mouse wheel to switch between difrent npc's you want to adress atm.
    Well, it's just an idea anyhow.

Second thing is, can we expect that some textures will be of higher resolution on PC version then on xbox (since it has some memory limitation)? And is there any other difrence between those 2?
    I assume the PC version will have bigger Textures (if you choose so), like most games. But here also- please don´t nail me on that it this will change. I am not a programmer- so I can not give final yes or no´s to some of the tech-questions.
    Content-wise it should be the same.
    Ralf Marczinczik
    Artdirector / Illustrator
    http://www.comixfactory.de
    Ralf ist offline

Dragonslayer Avatar von Powaz
    Hullo!
    Is the nameless hero voice actor in G1 and G2 the same?
    Powaz ist offline

Warrior
    Hullo!
    Is the nameless hero voice actor in G1 and G2 the same?
    They are different actors in the english version.
    rotator ist offline

Veteran Avatar von triangles
    Zitat Zitat von Ralf Beitrag anzeigen
    I think, it might be called swampmummy- but that my still change.
    Ralf may I try out and give you guys some of the names I've got in mind,

- Swump pronounced swou-mp

- Slusk

I hope you guys don't put "swampmummy" as the name of the beast, that's horrible and unoriginal.
    Ugghhh... call me the potato man.
    triangles ist offline

Knight Avatar von vivaxardas
    Next question:
    It is a volcanic island. Volcano is active. Will we have an ash falling from the sky as a snow, some flying embers, lava flow (in some parts of the island), and clouds or areas of poisonous gas (like green areas in the forest of G2)? Will the environment be covered by ash, and have a dirty look?
    Thanks.
    SKEPTICISM IS A VIRTUE!

Лидия: Любимый, я беременна!
    Я: ФУС-РО-ДА!!!!
    vivaxardas ist offline

Knight
    I have a question about NPCs:
    When you design NPCs for your games, like Gothics in past, did you pay any special attention to their 'character'? For example, one of good works with characters was game Baldur's gate 2:shadows of Amn. For example Minsk. He was very special, unique character that was really easy to memorize. While he was very brave and good hearted warrior, he was also somewhat nuts (crazy), especially with pet hamster Boo (always makes me laugh). And other characters were also very unique. So i wonder, do you too carefully plan the 'personality' of the npc that are very important? And will/were you planning anything special in this area for Risen?
    For example, in gothic series, one such person was Mud. Well, perhabs he was a bit too crazy ( ), but he was sure very memorizeble. One thing that i see can improve in Risen at this area, is that NPC could talk to each other on random bases. Nothing special, but similar to BG2, where they either express their feelings about current situation (like for example, if you are in dungeon, Milten would say man, this dungeon is scareing me, and they Gorn would reply something like 'You always gets scared, don't be such a pussy' - i know, verry bad example, but i hope you get the point), or they randomly, or in specific ocasions, ask each other questions about difrent personal things, so that they can get know each others. And the more they knew eachother, the more 'friendly' and personal the questions would and less 'formal'. I think this was one thing that that all gothic series was lacking. Because if you have diego and milten with you, one would expect they would also talk to each other AND even with you at the same time. I'd love to see conversion between Gorn and Diego for example. And this is exactly why this is so important: Because you can show much better what kind of characters are there. I really think Risen would benefit a lot from this. Beucase while Diego, Lester, Milten (like at final chapter in g2) are all very intresting and cool NPCs, it kinda makes them look very 'empty' as chars that they just stand there and don't really talk to each other, atleast not something none-generic. Again, i would really sugest you to take a look at Baldur's Gate 2:Shadows of Amn, and see how your party memebers talk to eachother, how they sometimes express feelings, or support, or even argue/fight/annoy eachothers.

So in short, besides that, when designing main characters, try to make their personalities unique as possible. I think Gothic series did a good job with it, but it can be still improved a lot. Except Xardas that is. He was absolutely perfect. Verry unique, very misterious character. And together with what i said in few line up, Risen would be a whole lot more intresting for NPCs already.:P

Sorry for a really long post, but i think it was necesary if i wanted to really show you what i mean. Well, hopefully you will understand what i'm trying to say.
    Zocky ist offline Geändert von Zocky (17.12.2008 um 00:32 Uhr)

Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Zitat Zitat von bat_boro Beitrag anzeigen
    ...dialog, how important it is for the game?
    For example, in previous Gothic games I felt that it was a little underdeveloped - it was used mostly for learning the lore, I really coudn't remember a single quest that was possible to finish through dialog and avoid a fight that way, for example.

Come on, don't you remember Mordrag? You could either kick his ass or leave the camp with him.
    What would be nice though are conversations in which you can scare people, trick them (Ulbert's storeshd), exploit tensions existing (like riots) etc.

Is the "Gyrger" an open quest like Chromanin? It gives me that feeling.

What are the chances to see some epic easter eggs in the game?
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

Warrior Avatar von Colmar
    My question concerns what Artistic style inspired some of your works.
    In Gothic 2 Night of the Raven, Ancient Civilization in Jarkhendar reminds me Maya temple (the library also Petra). Why did you change Ancients art in Gothic 3 temple of Mora Sul, Al Shedim, Trelis etc? They remind me a mix between:
    -ancient Persian Art in decoration http://www.schliemann-carter.it/Imag...lArtaserse.JPG
    -ancient Egyptian architecture http://www.elevatedloc.com/cfool/Pho...uff/Karnak.jpg
    Am i right about this?

In Risen, instead, houses in trailer and concept Art remind me "Mediterranean style" (Malta, Greece...) and I like this because there are some famous volcanos in Mediterranean Sea; now I'm really curious about ruins risen in the isle , until now i don't have clear ideas about their artistic style.

I take advantage of this post to praise the mix between RPG and Adventure, Mistery, Ancients Civilization (somehow when I play, i remember Indiana Jones).. you created in Gothic series and now you'll put it in Risen
    Colmar ist offline

Hey,
    Any of you Piranhas played S.T.A.L.K.E.R? If so, how did you guys find it?
    Powaz ist offline

Ex Artdirector & Concept Artist, PB
    Zitat Zitat von belatio Beitrag anzeigen
    nice timing guys!

i dont remember reading somewhere details about the ranged combat system..
    Is the archery system going to be like G3 where using the bow means going to near first person camera and have to aim manually?
    Personally, i dont really like that idea. I know most people were satisfied with G3 ranged combat system, but for me manual aiming is not really for an rpg. I would prefer a good targeting system (can even be cursor based targeting) and auto aiming with %chance to miss a shot (that would ofc get to near 0% as you lvl in ranged combat like in G1).

Next question:
    Near the end of the game will all character types (heavy melee, light melee, ranged, melee-magic, pure casters) have the same uber armour, or will we see different types? Will armour be guild-based or quality based (ie robe, chain, plate)?
    That´s still pretty much under wraps. I hope Mike will enlighten us when he does the christmas interview...

Zitat Zitat von triangles Beitrag anzeigen
    Ralf may I try out and give you guys some of the names I've got in mind,

- Swump pronounced swou-mp

- Slusk

I hope you guys don't put "swampmummy" as the name of the beast, that's horrible and unoriginal.
    Thanks- I forwarded your suggestions. It´s not up to me to name the creatures- but I know the guy who does it...

Zitat Zitat von Zocky Beitrag anzeigen
    I have a question about NPCs:
    When you design NPCs for your games, like Gothics in past, did you pay any special attention to their 'character'? For example, one of good works with characters was game Baldur's gate 2:shadows of Amn. For example Minsk. He was very special, unique character that was really easy to memorize. While he was very brave and good hearted warrior, he was also somewhat nuts (crazy), especially with pet hamster Boo (always makes me laugh). And other characters were also very unique. So i wonder, do you too carefully plan the 'personality' of the npc that are very important? And will/were you planning anything special in this area for Risen?
    For example, in gothic series, one such person was Mud. Well, perhabs he was a bit too crazy ( ), but he was sure very memorizeble. One thing that i see can improve in Risen at this area, is that NPC could talk to each other on random bases. Nothing special, but similar to BG2, where they either express their feelings about current situation (like for example, if you are in dungeon, Milten would say man, this dungeon is scareing me, and they Gorn would reply something like 'You always gets scared, don't be such a pussy' - i know, verry bad example, but i hope you get the point), or they randomly, or in specific ocasions, ask each other questions about difrent personal things, so that they can get know each others. And the more they knew eachother, the more 'friendly' and personal the questions would and less 'formal'. I think this was one thing that that all gothic series was lacking. Because if you have diego and milten with you, one would expect they would also talk to each other AND even with you at the same time. I'd love to see conversion between Gorn and Diego for example. And this is exactly why this is so important: Because you can show much better what kind of characters are there. I really think Risen would benefit a lot from this. Beucase while Diego, Lester, Milten (like at final chapter in g2) are all very intresting and cool NPCs, it kinda makes them look very 'empty' as chars that they just stand there and don't really talk to each other, atleast not something none-generic. Again, i would really sugest you to take a look at Baldur's Gate 2:Shadows of Amn, and see how your party memebers talk to eachother, how they sometimes express feelings, or support, or even argue/fight/annoy eachothers.

So in short, besides that, when designing main characters, try to make their personalities unique as possible. I think Gothic series did a good job with it, but it can be still improved a lot. Except Xardas that is. He was absolutely perfect. Verry unique, very misterious character. And together with what i said in few line up, Risen would be a whole lot more intresting for NPCs already.:P

Sorry for a really long post, but i think it was necesary if i wanted to really show you what i mean. Well, hopefully you will understand what i'm trying to say.
    Somestimes we actually have the head and the character pretty close entwined. So the answer would be yes.
    But, considerung the limitations we have to consider (like using the same head mesh for several characters and only use variations of applied textures and armors) you can´t make most heads unique- because not only will you need a good more sculptors and texture-artists, but you also have to compromise the memory space for other stuff, like number of characters in a given scene...
    Ralf Marczinczik
    Artdirector / Illustrator
    http://www.comixfactory.de
    Ralf ist offline

But main characters will have their own unique head mesh?
    Powaz ist offline

Knight Commander Avatar von Demonium
    I remember that in Project offset, the goblins were generated randomly (the colors mostly) so that there wouldnt be any clones...the same was with last Total War series...

Is there a way to make the engine generate random faces (into some parameters) from some base models? Like Speedtree does with the trees, but something similar with the mesh heads...Moving the vertices randomly and change the shape a bit...
    Demonium ist offline

Knight Commander Avatar von Bamfy
    Ralf,something that I did not like in the Gothic series is that npc's don't go on.A little examle:there was this novice in the sect camp that said that he will become a guru in a short.In chapter 5,he still was a guru.I wanted to see npc's that from shadows,become guard or from rogue,to mercenary etc.Will we be able to see something like this in Risen?
    Or there was this guy in the harbour in Gothic 2 that was building a ship.The ship didn't evolve at all.I would like to see the world changing,not staying when I am around.
    Will there be some places ruled by thieves and rouges?If yes,I don't hope that when I will go in that place I will be just attacked.It would be cool that some thieves will try to talki nice to you.After you finnish talking to him,the next you know,is that 100 gold are missing from your pocket.
    Not only I to steal,but also others steal,even from me.I know,this sounds stupid,but in the game I want to feel something.
    Bamfy ist offline

Hi, Ralf, I got a couple of questions.
    1. What happened to Uwe Meier? Isn't he working with PB anymore?
    2. Could you tell more about that "Phoenix" project? I know it was just an idea still would like to know when, why and etc :]
    Powaz ist offline

Seite 16 von 21 « Erste ... 59121314151617181920 ... Letzte »