Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Seite 12 von 21 « Erste ... 5891011121314151619 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 221 bis 240 von 403

Ex Artdirector & Concept Artist, PB
    Zitat Zitat von Demonium Beitrag anzeigen
    LOL...Do you have to suggest some good program for animating? (except 3ds max...)

By the way, another question...

Are you going to put any dinos into the game? Or lizards?
    I can recommend MAYA. Very good program for animation. Not cheap though...
    No Dinos- and we are not missing them.

Zitat Zitat von Argenguy Beitrag anzeigen
    I really hope that DeepSilver won't pull a "JoWood" to Risen.
    They seem to be determined not to release it prematurely.

Zitat Zitat von Vontrippen Beitrag anzeigen
    My question isn't about risen but only a personal curiosity:
    The add-on of G3 si now out.I what to know(if is possible) some impression of the game.So what do you thik about the game?
    Thanks!
    See my face? See me crying?

Sad situation...
    Ralf Marczinczik
    Artdirector / Illustrator
    http://www.comixfactory.de
    Ralf ist offline

Waldläufer Avatar von iab
    i decided some time ago that i wouldn't try the addon.
    now i'm glad to see that i made a right choice. but, for gothic ...

hi Ralf, in your opinion, what "feel" will the fights in Risen give us?
    i hope it can give us some real hard fighting feel, and it won't like that in G3 which seems like the hero is giving us a solo wielding-show.

Zitat Zitat von Ralf Beitrag anzeigen
    The "Gyrger" is a mythological creature in the game.
    It may or may not make an appereance, but people tell stories about it like the would of the bogeyman.
    Something to scare the kids...
    if i'm allowed to ask, is this 'Gyrger' supposed to be even more dangerous and tougher than ashbeast?
    iab ist offline Geändert von iab (27.11.2008 um 05:03 Uhr)

Demigod Avatar von Rashnu
    Guarding Chinvat Bridge (As-Sirāt); a bridge finer than a hair and sharper than a sword.
    Today, I was forced to move a whole truckload of postings over to the Bug Me Discussions thread - since there were no questions at all addressed towards the Piranhas for ages!

If you continue to spam this thread with anything BUT questions the moderation may come to the conclusion you have run out of any curiosity regarding RISEN and might close the thread for good.

So please keep in mind the introductory post and reserve this special thread for meaningful questions which in turn might trigger interesting answers from the developers. OK? Now, pull yourself together and think of something clever.
    [Bild: Rashnu340obenGIF.gif][Bild: nds_banner_156x60_rounded.jpg]
    [Bild: Rashnu340untenlinks.gif][Bild: Rashnu340untenrechts.gif][Bild: oaqmBDA_Nein_113x60.jpg]
    "Greeting to thee; well hast thou come; from that mortal world hast thou come to this pure, bright place."
    Rashnu ist offline

Warrior
    I've got a question for Kai: have you considered using leitmotifs for important npcs, so wherever the hero is in a conversion with that character, the music switches to his/her melody. I think it worked pretty well in Jade Empire for the 3 romanceable characters, but of course that game had a lot of story-related ingame conversations with no direct questing purpose.
    rotator ist offline

Zitat Zitat von iab Beitrag anzeigen
    i decided some time ago that i wouldn't try the addon.
    now i'm glad to see that i made a right choice. but, for gothic ...

hi Ralf, in your opinion, what "feel" will the fights in Risen give us?
    i hope it can give us some real hard fighting feel, and it won't like that in G3 which seems like the hero is giving us a solo wielding-show.

if i'm allowed to ask, is this 'Gyrger' supposed to be even more dangerous and tougher than ashbeast?
    Actually the final judgement on that is still open, since Mike takes great care an time to polish it according to his vision...

The Gyrger may or may not be a real creature. It´s like the bogeyman- something to talk about to scare folks...
    Ralf Marczinczik
    Ralf ist offline

Knight Commander Avatar von Demonium
    Ralf please bring back the old Gothic 2 combat system...Its the best you can do. The majority of the community wanted that for Gothic 3

Just make some more animations, a few changes to polish it and thats all...it will be perfect. Why seeking for other solutions since, you had found the perfection?

Some complained that it was very complicated.
    Just add a small tutorial at the beginning of the game for the unexperienced players...
    Demonium ist offline

Knight
    Yeah, i do agree, g2 system was best so far. Maybe upgrading it a bit with more moves and animations, but generaly, i think it was the best so far in gothic games.

Will we have in Risen any friends like Diego, Milten, and others? I don't mean them particulary, but rether some other npc's that are close to you?

Sorry for double posting, but:

I was wondering how games are today a bit too serious. So, would it be possible to add in R1 or 2 atlest, quests, where you and couple of npc's would maybe pull a joke on other npcs, and similar? I think it would bring a bit more realism to the world....and in general, will Risen have any humor in it?
    Maybe it would be good to see some npc arguing too.
    Zocky ist offline Geändert von Rashnu (01.12.2008 um 13:36 Uhr)

Waldläufer Avatar von iab
    Ralf please bring back the old Gothic 2 combat system...Its the best you can do. The majority of the community wanted that for Gothic 3 .
    Zitat Zitat von Zocky Beitrag anzeigen
    Yeah, i do agree, g2 system was best so far. Maybe upgrading it a bit with more moves and animations, but generaly, i think it was the best so far in gothic games.
    actually i think the fighting system in G3 is also good, just let the opponents do some counterattacks rather than always falling back, then it'll be nice. (i prefer keyboard to mouse though; and anyway, i also think G1's control is the best one by far.)

so i get it, the essential factor consists in letting our enemies do more counterattacks during a fight, then fights will feel more real and alive.
    iab ist offline Geändert von iab (30.11.2008 um 03:14 Uhr)

Ranger Avatar von bat_boro
    Ralf, I've been thinking about the situation with Gothic right now (quite grim, really) and I thought I would ask you - who holds the rights to Risen?

Just hypothetically, say tomorrow you decide it's time for another change and have JoWood publish another game of yours (or any other publisher, for that matter). So, will you still hold the rights to Risen, or they will remain with DeepSilver?

I hope that you're allowed to answer me

Another important question for me is how would you explain the dialog system in Risen? Is there some innovation in it (and I'm not talking about new interface, for example), maybe talking with multiple NPC and so on.
    And speaking about dialog, how important it is for the game?

For example, in previous Gothic games I felt that it was a little underdeveloped - it was used mostly for learning the lore, I really coudn't remember a single quest that was possible to finish through dialog and avoid a fight that way, for example. There were no skill checks either.
    Another thing that I think you could improve on is the quality of the writting, and I'm not thinking about Bioware writting here, but more in the lines of Obsidian's latest games (KOTOR 2, Mask of the Betrayer).

Thank you for your patience
    Look at me still talking
    when there’s science to do
    When I look out there
    It makes me glad I’m not you
    I’ve experiments to run
    There is research to be done
    On the people who are
    still alive
    bat_boro ist offline

Warrior Avatar von SlamDunk
    would it be possible to add in R1 or 2 atlest, quests, where you and couple of npc's would maybe pull a joke on other npcs, and similar?
    That's a great idea. It would be like a reverse version of the one in Gothic, where a group of NPCs conned the hero.
    SlamDunk ist offline

Knight
    also, maybe rether for admins, but would it be possible to make a sticky thread, where there would be all suggestions that PB said it's too late to implement in risen 1? So that when they make R2, they can see all those suggestion on 1 thread and in 1 post. Would make less work for them.
    Zocky ist offline

Adventurer
    Hi Ralf
    First I'd like to give you BIG THANK YOU for all the work you do for us - fans

Question:
    Will all of the people on the island "civilized" (living in town, farms, having newest technology) or will we see some primitive tribes or people/outcasts living in primitive conditions.

Thanks
    Maelthra ist offline

Knight Avatar von TeLovesc
    How`s the developing going? Still on time? you guys at studio need some relaxing time now that the christmas is close.
    TeLovesc ist offline

Knight Commander Avatar von Godcrusher
    Im just gonna wish you good luck
    Godcrusher ist offline

Hi!

In case you haven´t noticed allready- two forums have two x-mas-calendars prepared (with new artwork!) for you guys:
    http://www.worldofrisen.de/calendar08.php?
    and
    http://www.piranha-fanart-portal.de/

Will we have in Risen any friends like Diego, Milten, and others? I don't mean them particulary, but rether some other npc's that are close to you?
    Yeah- kind of...(Sorry, I still have to keep that a vague answer)

Ralf please bring back the old Gothic 2 combat system...Its the best you can do. The majority of the community wanted that for Gothic 3

Just make some more animations, a few changes to polish it and thats all...it will be perfect. Why seeking for other solutions since, you had found the perfection?

Some complained that it was very complicated.
    Just add a small tutorial at the beginning of the game for the unexperienced players...
    Well- it´s not up for me to decide. I am just one of the GFX guys. But I forwarded you wish...
    :-)

Sorry for double posting, but:

I was wondering how games are today a bit too serious. So, would it be possible to add in R1 or 2 atlest, quests, where you and couple of npc's would maybe pull a joke on other npcs, and similar? I think it would bring a bit more realism to the world....and in general, will Risen have any humor in it?
    Maybe it would be good to see some npc arguing too.
    Nice idea! I forwarded this post to our gamedesigners also....

Zitat Zitat von bat_boro Beitrag anzeigen
    Ralf, I've been thinking about the situation with Gothic right now (quite grim, really) and I thought I would ask you - who holds the rights to Risen?

Just hypothetically, say tomorrow you decide it's time for another change and have JoWood publish another game of yours (or any other publisher, for that matter). So, will you still hold the rights to Risen, or they will remain with DeepSilver?

I hope that you're allowed to answer me

Another important question for me is how would you explain the dialog system in Risen? Is there some innovation in it (and I'm not talking about new interface, for example), maybe talking with multiple NPC and so on.
    And speaking about dialog, how important it is for the game?

For example, in previous Gothic games I felt that it was a little underdeveloped - it was used mostly for learning the lore, I really coudn't remember a single quest that was possible to finish through dialog and avoid a fight that way, for example. There were no skill checks either.
    Another thing that I think you could improve on is the quality of the writting, and I'm not thinking about Bioware writting here, but more in the lines of Obsidian's latest games (KOTOR 2, Mask of the Betrayer).

Thank you for your patience
    Who holds the rights? Good question-and I frankly don´t have knowledge about the details of the contract with DS to give a propper answer. maybe Michael Rueve (who also posts frequently) can take a look into this...?

The dialogue in Risen are a bit more important than the previous games. It feels a lot denser this way...
    Let´s see how it feels when it´s all done...

Zitat Zitat von Maelthra Beitrag anzeigen
    Hi Ralf
    First I'd like to give you BIG THANK YOU for all the work you do for us - fans

Question:
    Will all of the people on the island "civilized" (living in town, farms, having newest technology) or will we see some primitive tribes or people/outcasts living in primitive conditions.

Thanks
    No- you will discover some different stages of developement in some of the charactergroups.

Zitat Zitat von TeLovesc Beitrag anzeigen
    How`s the developing going? Still on time? you guys at studio need some relaxing time now that the christmas is close.
    Yes- we are . Still a lot left that need polishing- but things look fine for some welldeserved christmas-resting time...
    Most of us could use a breather by now...
    Ralf Marczinczik
    Ralf ist offline

Ranger Avatar von Vontrippen
    Sorry ralf so we have 2 calendar of the advent with different artworks???
    If you like Rpg you have to visit RpgItalia an italian Rpg site where you'll find soon also our new browser game set in Middle-earth
    Vontrippen ist offline

Dragonslayer Avatar von Lazor
    Yay! A new calendar! Can't wait! Hopefully some screenshots will be hidden somewhere!
    Lazor ist offline

Knight Commander Avatar von Demonium
    Piranhas fan portal? Man that looks cool...but its only in German

About the artworks,
    The swords are great...
    the demon of Gothic 3 had so many polys...and the sabertooth as well
    Thats why the game lags...

Ralf any news about the altar competition...? When the results will be announced?

And whats the collectors box contest by the way?
    Demonium ist offline

Sword Master Avatar von Argenguy
    Ralf, yesterday I suggested something about the roleplaying rules in the combat system thread, but nobody said an oppinion/argue about it. I just wanna know what do you think about it.

I would like to suggest and idea for balancing the fighter-archer and fighter-mage dicotomies. It's called character's mentallity, it's a system that describes your char's style besed upon the skills you have been using, specially in combat, and when you level up, it makes some skill easier to learn (or atleast without penalties) and other more harder. Let's put some examples: If you have been using melee weapons to defeat your enemies and little to no bows and crossbows, then you created a fighter's style, and when you level up and go yo buy the new skills, you'll find that you can learn melee fighting skills without problems, but the archery and magic skills are hampered, it will take twice the LP to learn archery or magic perks.
    Let's ennumerate the character styles and their bonus and penalties.
    Legend:
    +1= No penalties.
    -1= You'll need twice the LP to learn the skill.
    -2= You'll need four times the LPs to learn the skill.

Fighter
    +1 Melee
    -1 ranged
    -1 magic
    -1 thieving

Archer
    +1 ranged
    -1 melee
    -1 magic
    -1 thieving

Mage
    +1 magic
    -1 melee
    -1 ranged
    -1 thieving

Thief
    +1 thieving
    +1 ranged
    -1 melee
    -2 magic

Assassin
    +1 thieving
    +1 melee
    -1 ranged
    -2 magic

Mercenary/Bountyhunter
    +1 melee
    +1 ranged
    -1 thieving
    -2 magic

Knight/Paladin
    +1 melee
    +1 magic
    -1 ranged
    -2 thieving

Spellsword/Battlemage
    +1 melee
    +1 magic
    -1 thieving
    -2 ranged
    Yeah, it's not a revolution in roleplaying and I know that you implemented something similar in G2: NOTR, but this could be great for balancing the character's development and for not create a über-hero like in G3, and thus it will give a lot of replayability value. Not only the guild that you join should be a limitating factor for the skill tree.
    Argenguy ist offline

Adventurer
    Hi Ralf
    My new set of questions :P

1.Will we see some new sorts of weapons (e.g. spears, clubs, halberds...) and if yes will they have new fighting animations?
    2.Is there only one city on the Forbidden Island or are there some other bigger villages?
    3.About skilling system. If hero level up, will +5 strenght always cost 5 or 10 skillpoints or will it be NOTR style (more you have - more you pay)?

Thanks for your time.
    Maelthra ist offline

Seite 12 von 21 « Erste ... 5891011121314151619 ... Letzte »