Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Seite 11 von 21 « Erste ... 478910111213141518 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 201 bis 220 von 403

Ex Artdirector & Concept Artist, PB
    Thanks to jab for putting theses questions together:

Zitat von Powaz Beitrag anzeigen
    What I really missed in Gothic towns - A bakery. There were a lot of bread around but no place to bake it. Not logical.
    And a sewer system in a town is a must be imho.

You are right!
    I assume it´s too late for putting one into the game- but since most houses now posess an oven, it´s reasonable to belive they bake their bread at home.
    No real sewer under the cities- but something else...

All the suggestions (not much questions in this posts) have been forwarded - but please beware, that for some of those, it´s allready too late.

What do you guys think of bard NPC's in taverns?
    I would also love to see a rumor system. NPC's talking about things that happened all over the world like "I've heard the capital is burning" and etc.

Love it- and if all goes according to plan, there should be some in the game.
    A rumor-kind-of-system ist in.

Hi Ralf . Any news about the Risen website?
    What can we expect from it? in-game screenshots ,artworks,videos?
    Are we going to find out the system requirements?

Still waiting for DS to get the agency locked. There where some hickups in choosing the right one- but I hope it will be done by the end of the year.

Screenshots will hopefully give you a good image of what to expect in terms of graphics. Ingame Videos will be out a little bit later down the road.

Ralf, when will you begin recording the voices? Can we expect any familiar actors to return from the Gothic series (especially from G1/2)? I'm talking about the english version, which has quite the changes in the cast during the series, notably the hero and Diego in G2, and the entire cast in G3, breaking the continuity big time (well, for me). I think the actors in G3 sounded quite dull. It's true, that in the previous parts the voice talents overacted sometimes, but when you don't have Mass Effect-like closeups and facial animation in the cutscenes, you can only depend on the voice acting to provide true emotions, feelings and humour.

We haven´t started casting yet (all the dialogue should be locked first).
    I assume the recordings will take place by the end of winter and there is no reason why not to cast some of the actors you know from the Gothic-games.
    Ralf Marczinczik
    Artdirector / Illustrator
    http://www.comixfactory.de
    Ralf ist offline

Knight Commander Avatar von Demonium
    You will use some voice actors from Gothic...thats cool

Ralf what about AA? All Gothic games hadnt any option for Anti aliasing...Why?
    For performance reasons? Will there be any AA option in Risens menu?
    Demonium ist offline

Ritter Avatar von [>Silverback<]
    Zitat Zitat von Demonium Beitrag anzeigen
    [...] Ralf what about AA? [...] Will there be any AA option in Risens menu?
    Some good (old ) news for you:

Zitat Zitat von erzmaster Beitrag anzeigen
    - Macht's gut und danke für den Fisch. -
    ~ Phynkchen alias [>Silverback<] ~

Sword Master Avatar von Argenguy
    Zitat Zitat von Ralf Beitrag anzeigen
    What I really missed in Gothic towns - A bakery. There were a lot of bread around but no place to bake it. Not logical.
    And a sewer system in a town is a must be imho.

You are right!
    I assume it´s too late for putting one into the game- but since most houses now posess an oven, it´s reasonable to belive they bake their bread at home.
    No real sewer under the cities- but something else...

All the suggestions (not much questions in this posts) have been forwarded - but please beware, that for some of those, it´s allready too late.
    I remember that in Gothic III some fireplaces had a dome, so you can bake bread in them, or those were bread ovens that were built inside the houses, so they can work as a fireplace as well.
    Argenguy ist offline

Apprentice
    Hi, Ralf.

Once i asked you about open-sourcing G1. You told me that you still sell the game itself - and don't want to make it free.

I understand you, but maybe it is possible to opensource just _the_engine_?

So any one who bought the original game could just copy the data files - and ones who don't have the data would just have some 7years old code.

I hope i'm not too impudent
    Lockywolf ist offline Geändert von Rashnu (17.11.2008 um 22:41 Uhr) Grund: blue was hurting the eyes

Piranha-Bytes
    Zitat Zitat von Lockywolf Beitrag anzeigen
    I understand you, but maybe it is possible to opensource just _the_engine_?
    Cannot be done for simple legal reasons. Per several contracts we are not allowed to publish the source - no matter whether we want to do it or not.
    Michael Rüve ist offline

Local Hero
    It´s way more elegant allready than anything we could do on G3- so I hope you might like it anyway...
    Am I really the only one who liked the interface in Gothic 3..? I thought it was great! The only thing I didn't like was the way the log handled the quests: they were too inconsistent with the amount of info they contained. Sometimes they failed to mention where you got the quest and who you were supposed to talk to or even what you were supposed to do!
    mkreku ist offline

Demigod Avatar von Bastardo
    Does anyone at PB have any opinion to share about Forsaken Gods and its issues?
    Bastardo ist offline

Ritter Avatar von [>Silverback<]
    Zitat Zitat von Bastardo Beitrag anzeigen
    Official statement:

Gothic ® 3: Forsaken Gods released

Essen, 2008-11-21 Today JoWooD Productions Software AG, publisher of our
    games Gothic II, Gothic – Night of the Raven and Gothic 3 has officially released
    their new game Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods (date for German market).

We have agreed to their usage of our registered trade mark „Gothic“.

However, to aviod any misconceptions about the game itself we have to state that we
    have not been involved with its development in any way. All development was done
    by the Indian based company Trine Games who have been hired by JoWooD for this purpose.

There has never been any contact between us and Trine Games. We do not know
    more about the game than anyone else – in fact we have bought our copy of the
    game at a local retail store only yesterday 20th of November.

Piranha Bytes have been busy developing their upcoming fantasy RPG named
    “Risen” since 2007.

Pluto 13:
    Pluto 13 GmbH
    Ruhrallee 63

45138 Essen

HR Essen B 17856
    tel. +49-201 80672-0
    fax. +49-201 80672-22

Company web page www.pluto13.de
    For more about „Risen“ see: risen.deepsilver.com and www.worldofrisen.de

~192 words
    [Source]

Distance (to G3FG) is (maybe) very important here...
    - Macht's gut und danke für den Fisch. -
    ~ Phynkchen alias [>Silverback<] ~

[>Silverback<] ist offline Geändert von [>Silverback<] (22.11.2008 um 01:32 Uhr)

Metasyntaktische Variable
    Allow me to translate what Michael Rüve said in the german forum:
    Since just now there is an official statement from us to that:
    http://www.pluto13.de/index.php?navtarget=1&lang=en

You will not get more than that on an official basis. It is not our game. Any other posts of members of Piranha Bytes on that topic would be purely private opinions.
    Personally, I doubt that you will get more than that, private or not. Any critic could be easily misinterpreted as gloating.

EDIT: Damn, too late.

Feeling a bit masochistic and want to read more of my diatribes? Check out Foobar's Rantpage.

foobar erklärt die Welt der Informatik: Was ist ein Zeichensatz?Was ist die 32Bit-Grenze?Warum sind Speicheroptimierer Unsinn?Wie teste ich meinen RAM?Was ist HDR?Was ist Tesselation?Warum haben wir ein Urheberrecht?Partitionieren mit MBR oder GPT?Was hat es mit dem m.2-Format auf sich?Warum soll ich meine SSD nicht zum Anschlag befüllen?Wer hat an der MTU gedreht?UEFI oder BIOS Boot?Was muss man über Virenscanner wissen?Defragmentieren sinnvoll?Warum ist bei CCleaner & Co. Vorsicht angesagt?Was hat es mit 4Kn bei Festplatten auf sich?Was ist Bitrot?Was sind die historischen Hintergründe zur (nicht immer optimalen) Sicherheit von Windows?Wie kann ich Datenträger sicher löschen?Was muss ich bzgl. Smartphone-Sicherheit wissen?Warum sind Y-Kabel für USB oft keine gute Idee?Warum sind lange Passwörter besser als komplizierte?Wie funktionieren Tintenstrahldrucker-Düsen?Wie wähle ich eine Linux-Distribution für mich aus?Warum ist Linux sicherer als Windows?Sind statische Entladungen bei Elektronik wirklich ein Problem?Wie repariere ich meinen PC-Lüfter?Was ist die MBR-Lücke?Wie funktioniert eine Quarz-Uhr?Was macht der Init-Prozess unter Linux und wie schlimm ist SystemD?Mainboard-Batterie - wann wechseln?Smartphone ohne Google?
    foobar ist gerade online

Warrior Avatar von SlamDunk
    Zitat Zitat von PB press release
    to aviod
    It's "avoid"
    SlamDunk ist offline

Dragonslayer Avatar von Powaz
    Hi, Ralf, when we'll we get new info about Risen. Artworks or something.
    Powaz ist offline

Ralf what about Motion capture?

Are you going to use again motion capture for the animations...?
    How much does all this gear costs?
    (i am not thinking to by one...just asking )
    Demonium ist offline

Ex Artdirector & Concept Artist, PB
    Well- it seems that the gods have really been forsaken. At least when it comes to user-comments
    But no. No opinion. We wish them well.
    We hope that everything will be will fine when Trine will put out a patch.
    But so do you...

Zitat Zitat von Powaz Beitrag anzeigen
    Hi, Ralf, when we'll we get new info about Risen. Artworks or something.
    Na- not at the moment.
    But who knows-christmas is coming soon...

Zitat Zitat von Demonium Beitrag anzeigen
    Ralf what about Motion capture?

Are you going to use again motion capture for the animations...?
    How much does all this gear costs?
    (i am not thinking to by one...just asking )
    A nice middle class car. That´s for sure.
    We used it in places at the beginning of the project- but now we animate a lot by hand. Just works better with the system we are using now...
    Ralf Marczinczik
    Artdirector / Illustrator
    http://www.comixfactory.de
    Ralf ist offline

A nice middle class car. That´s for sure.
    We used it in places at the beginning of the project- but now we animate a lot by hand. Just works better with the system we are using now...
    LOL...Do you have to suggest some good program for animating? (except 3ds max...)

By the way, another question...

Are you going to put any dinos into the game? Or lizards?
    Demonium ist offline

Piranha-Bytes
    Zitat Zitat von SlamDunk Beitrag anzeigen
    It's "avoid"
    Right.
    Michael Rüve ist offline

Ranger Avatar von Vontrippen
    My question isn't about risen but only a personal curiosity:
    The add-on of G3 si now out.I what to know(if is possible) some impression of the game.So what do you thik about the game?
    Thanks!
    If you like Rpg you have to visit RpgItalia an italian Rpg site where you'll find soon also our new browser game set in Middle-earth
    Vontrippen ist offline

Demigod Avatar von Rashnu
    Guarding Chinvat Bridge (As-Sirāt); a bridge finer than a hair and sharper than a sword.
    Zitat Zitat von Vontrippen Beitrag anzeigen
    The add-on of G3 si now out.I what to know(if is possible) some impression of the game.So what do you thik about the game?
    http://www.pluto13.de/index.php?navtarget=1&lang=en

You'll find their statement in the above link. I doubt we can expect anything else.
    [Bild: Rashnu340obenGIF.gif][Bild: nds_banner_156x60_rounded.jpg]
    [Bild: Rashnu340untenlinks.gif][Bild: Rashnu340untenrechts.gif][Bild: oaqmBDA_Nein_113x60.jpg]
    "Greeting to thee; well hast thou come; from that mortal world hast thou come to this pure, bright place."
    Rashnu ist offline

Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    We have agreed to their usage of our registered trade mark „Gothic“.

Ok, someone please explain me what rights on the gothic series does pb hold and what rights does jw. I am confused.

Ralf, will we see sexual dimoprhism in beasts is this game?
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

Metasyntaktische Variable
    Zitat Zitat von Maladiq Beitrag anzeigen
    Ok, someone please explain me what rights on the gothic series does pb hold and what rights does jw. I am confused.
    Well, as I understand it, the trademark "Gothic" itself belongs to PB (to Pluto13 to be precise). But Jowood has been granted the right to use it for further Gothic-Games. If this also includes a theoretical "Gothic 5" or if such a game required a new license from Pluto13, I do not know. But at least for the Gothic 3 Addon and Gothic 4, Jowood may exploit the brand as they want.

Ralf, will we see sexual dimoprhism in beasts is this game?
    No. Ralf said so in the german thread.

Feeling a bit masochistic and want to read more of my diatribes? Check out Foobar's Rantpage.

foobar erklärt die Welt der Informatik: Was ist ein Zeichensatz?Was ist die 32Bit-Grenze?Warum sind Speicheroptimierer Unsinn?Wie teste ich meinen RAM?Was ist HDR?Was ist Tesselation?Warum haben wir ein Urheberrecht?Partitionieren mit MBR oder GPT?Was hat es mit dem m.2-Format auf sich?Warum soll ich meine SSD nicht zum Anschlag befüllen?Wer hat an der MTU gedreht?UEFI oder BIOS Boot?Was muss man über Virenscanner wissen?Defragmentieren sinnvoll?Warum ist bei CCleaner & Co. Vorsicht angesagt?Was hat es mit 4Kn bei Festplatten auf sich?Was ist Bitrot?Was sind die historischen Hintergründe zur (nicht immer optimalen) Sicherheit von Windows?Wie kann ich Datenträger sicher löschen?Was muss ich bzgl. Smartphone-Sicherheit wissen?Warum sind Y-Kabel für USB oft keine gute Idee?Warum sind lange Passwörter besser als komplizierte?Wie funktionieren Tintenstrahldrucker-Düsen?Wie wähle ich eine Linux-Distribution für mich aus?Warum ist Linux sicherer als Windows?Sind statische Entladungen bei Elektronik wirklich ein Problem?Wie repariere ich meinen PC-Lüfter?Was ist die MBR-Lücke?Wie funktioniert eine Quarz-Uhr?Was macht der Init-Prozess unter Linux und wie schlimm ist SystemD?Mainboard-Batterie - wann wechseln?Smartphone ohne Google?
    foobar ist gerade online Geändert von foobar (26.11.2008 um 11:01 Uhr)

Seite 11 von 21 « Erste ... 478910111213141518 ... Letzte »