Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Seite 10 von 21 « Erste ... 36789101112131417 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 181 bis 200 von 403
    Knight Commander Avatar von Demonium
    Is the info in CD Action magazine Risen preview true? That the god's were banished by a mage and etc?
    Mike has given a similar answer- so I assume it holds some truth to it.
    This reminds me a lot the Gothic 3 ending were the hero and Xardas banished from the world the gods influence...
    Demonium ist offline

Ranger Avatar von Forward
    Is there anything new that we dont know yet Ralf?
    well i have an idea! can you ralf please shortly expalin how does it look like,
    and waht do you think about the game so far?
    Forward ist offline

Waldläufer Avatar von iab
    Zitat Zitat von Ralf Beitrag anzeigen
    The Inquisitor is a real "Heavy" in a classical Storytelling-sense.
    If he is good or evil- you have to find out for yourself. But he ist quite strong (Magical as well as physical) and has more than one skill to stop his opponents.
    thank you PB, thank you!
    iab ist offline

Ex Artdirector & Concept Artist, PB
    Zitat Zitat von Forward Beitrag anzeigen
    Is there anything new that we dont know yet Ralf?
    well i have an idea! can you ralf please shortly expalin how does it look like,
    and waht do you think about the game so far?
    Na- nothic I am allowed to tell anyway.
    My impression is, that you can expect the quality-look most of the current better games have (lush vegetation, nice water and Texture Effects).
    The story works much better than I have expected- that´s a big plus. And we kept the later 2/3 of the game a secret (and hope to do so until it is released).
    Characters and Creatures are up to most current standards when it comes to RPGs and the menu is a really huge step forwards.
    Ralf Marczinczik
    Artdirector / Illustrator
    http://www.comixfactory.de
    Ralf ist offline

Knight
    Hm ralf, are you allowed to tell us how far you are? i mean, can you say like 'we have rautly around 2,3 months to finish the content before we start testing" or mabe "we are at around 95% of the game"?
    Zocky ist offline

Demigod Avatar von Rashnu
    Guarding Chinvat Bridge (As-Sirāt); a bridge finer than a hair and sharper than a sword.
    Zitat Zitat von Zocky Beitrag anzeigen
    or mabe "we are at around 95% of the game"?
    It has been said several times over at the other place: it doesn't make sense to put the current state of the game in a single number. It's pure cosmetics to appease the public and most probably incorrect.

Just have patience and let they do their stuff. Before long, we can expect the first screenshots and perhaps some further information.
    [Bild: Rashnu340obenGIF.gif][Bild: nds_banner_156x60_rounded.jpg]
    [Bild: Rashnu340untenlinks.gif][Bild: Rashnu340untenrechts.gif][Bild: oaqmBDA_Nein_113x60.jpg]
    "Greeting to thee; well hast thou come; from that mortal world hast thou come to this pure, bright place."
    Rashnu ist offline

Hm ralf, are you allowed to tell us how far you are? i mean, can you say like 'we have rautly around 2,3 months to finish the content before we start testing" or mabe "we are at around 95% of the game"?
    Thanks to Rashu- who answered your question.
    We are pretty advanced allready and an end is in sight (At least the content-generating phase).
    What follows is a lenghthy debugging and polishing phase, where we also will produce the ingame-video-sequences.
    Ralf Marczinczik
    Ralf ist offline

Knight
    Tnx Ralf.

Rashnu, i'm not telling them to hurry up or anything, they should take as much time as they need, i was only wondering how far are they.
    Zocky ist offline

Demigod Avatar von Bastardo
    About the menu... are you planning to make something a little... dynamic? Like windows for stats, inventory, ecc. that can be resized, moved around... practically like MS Windows. Maybe it's just me but it really enhances the gameplay.
    Bastardo ist offline

Knight Avatar von TheDoctor
    Zitat Zitat von Bastardo Beitrag anzeigen
    About the menu... are you planning to make something a little... dynamic? Like windows for stats, inventory, ecc. that can be resized, moved around... practically like MS Windows. Maybe it's just me but it really enhances the gameplay.
    Forget it. It enhances your monitoring over your stats/numbers. Do you feel you really want that? It basically breaks down to that in all RPGs, gaining higher values and digits. What seperates Piranha Bytes from those rpgs, is that they've been the best company to hide all that needless information, and instead focusing on the actual immersion of the game (Gothic 1, 2 and 3), making you have to feel your way through your characters development instead of just reading about it in your "stats".

The less stuff you've got on the screen, the better. The ideal is a life meter and a magic meter in the corner of the screen, as in Gothic 1. Have you ever played an mmorpg? That's the counter-ideal. Windows everywhere.

Don't take it personally, that's just how I and many others feel about the HUD.
    TheDoctor ist offline

Metasyntaktische Variable
    Zitat Zitat von TheDoctor Beitrag anzeigen
    The ideal is a life meter and a magic meter in the corner of the screen, as in Gothic 1.
    Bah! Bloated!
    The mana indicator is only needed when the player activates magic or enters the inventory (where you could use potions to fill it up). Until then, it should remain hidden. I think that's the default in G1/G2. Same goes for any other bars that you might need (endurance/stamina, oxygen, etc.). You could even think of hiding the life meter as long as the hero's not injured. As Saint-Exupéry once said: "Perfection is attained, not when no more can be added, but when no more can be removed."
    foobar ist offline

Ranger Avatar von bat_boro
    When it comes to interface design, I think all the developers out there could learn from EA Redwood Shore's Dead Space
    It's easily one of the most intelligent and brilliant games I've seen in terms of design, especially so when it comes to interface. In fact - there is none. It comes up only when needed in the form of holograms and it works just great.

Although their approach wouldn't fit PB's games, I think
    Look at me still talking
    when there’s science to do
    When I look out there
    It makes me glad I’m not you
    I’ve experiments to run
    There is research to be done
    On the people who are
    still alive
    bat_boro ist offline

Zitat Zitat von foobar Beitrag anzeigen
    Bah! Bloated!
    The mana indicator is only needed when the player activates magic or enters the inventory (where you could use potions to fill it up). Until then, it should remain hidden. I think that's the default in G1/G2. Same goes for any other bars that you might need (endurance/stamina, oxygen, etc.). You could even think of hiding the life meter as long as the hero's not injured. As Saint-Exupéry once said: "Perfection is attained, not when no more can be added, but when no more can be removed."
    I agree 100%.
    TheDoctor ist offline

Nah- the size and position for the menu-elements will depend on your Monitor settings (Size and format)
    It´s way more elegant allready than anything we could do on G3- so I hope you might like it anyway...
    Ralf Marczinczik
    Ralf ist offline

Ranger Avatar von bat_boro
    So is it interactive like in Half Life 2 or static like previous Gothics?
    I mean, is there any action that is going on in the background?
    Look at me still talking
    when there’s science to do
    When I look out there
    It makes me glad I’m not you
    I’ve experiments to run
    There is research to be done
    On the people who are
    still alive
    bat_boro ist offline

Demigod Avatar von Bastardo
    Forget it. It enhances your monitoring over your stats/numbers. Do you feel you really want that? It basically breaks down to that in all RPGs, gaining higher values and digits. What seperates Piranha Bytes from those rpgs, is that they've been the best company to hide all that needless information, and instead focusing on the actual immersion of the game (Gothic 1, 2 and 3), making you have to feel your way through your characters development instead of just reading about it in your "stats".

The less stuff you've got on the screen, the better. The ideal is a life meter and a magic meter in the corner of the screen, as in Gothic 1. Have you ever played an mmorpg? That's the counter-ideal. Windows everywhere.

Don't take it personally, that's just how I and many others feel about the HUD.
    You got me wrong. You still have a map, a status screen and an inventory, no matter how much you minimize it. I thought it's better when you can access 'em all in one single screen. I love minimal interfaces, to the point I prefer NO HUD at all sometimes. On the other hand, I'm not talking about the HUD but about menus. You know those screens that pop up when you play Gothic pressing TAB, B and M? What about everything popping up at the same time and adjustable? That's what I mean.
    Zitat Zitat von Ralf Beitrag anzeigen
    Nah- the size and position for the menu-elements will depend on your Monitor settings (Size and format)
    It´s way more elegant allready than anything we could do on G3- so I hope you might like it anyway...
    I'm sure I will! G3 had a pretty good interface already, because the fonts were small and the inventory was quickly accessible as the items were on a grid instead of a list. Most of the time interfaces are exactly the contrary and that doesn't really work well on PC.
    Bastardo ist offline Geändert von Bastardo (15.11.2008 um 04:53 Uhr)

Waldläufer Avatar von iab
    hi Ralf i gathered some of the suggestions in thread How to make the RISEN world breathe, hope they'll help

Zitat Zitat von Powaz Beitrag anzeigen
    What I really missed in Gothic towns - A bakery. There were a lot of bread around but no place to bake it. Not logical.
    And a sewer system in a town is a must be imho.
    Zitat Zitat von mkreku Beitrag anzeigen
    Different daily routines. I still think the original Gothic was the best at this. People gathered around campfires, talked to each other. went to work, went to sleep and even pee'd everywhere

Also, stuff that's not necessary for the game but is still there. Like chairs you can sit on, logs you can saw, pots you can stir, campfires you can ignite, lights you can extinguish, etc. The more the world lets you do, the more immersed I become.

Little details. Smoke rising from chimneys when there's a fire in the fireplace. Light shining through windows when the night falls. Birds seeking cover in a tree when rain falls. Wolves hunting rabbits in the fields.

Also: do a World of Warcraft and play with colours! I'm not saying they should turn Risen into a cartoon-like experience like WoW, but when you enter a dark forest, cheat a little and add a dark filter to the post processing! It works wonders for the mood of an area.
    Zitat Zitat von Demonium Beitrag anzeigen
    IMO finally the AI must be increased in games...Piranhas were the first who pushed the AI limits into a RPG further with Gothic 1...

Things that were shown in Oblivion were already there in Gothic 1. NPCs were smoking weed, talked to each other, cut woods, used hammers to repair their houses, were bashing swords on anvils, were going for hunting, they had full voice dialogs (not just subtitles like in Neverwinter Nights or Morrowind), They were also peeing, eating, drinking, washing their face with water (G1)...

Piranhas should count on this again and try to impress us again with AI in Risen.

They should concentrate more on AI and day routines of NPCs. Its some of the things they were original at.

More day routines and better AI = life into the game...thats all i have to say.
    I think they could maybe add more options for npc close to the hero, like in g1 deigo milten etc. Gothic was always good in this area, but i think it can be improved by making those npc's more alive in a way that you could tell jokes, talk about regular things, none related to quests (like, i don't know, like when diego gives you some quest, you could ask him what he thinks about it and then you have a little chit chat).

So in general, an improvement would be to have more regular conversation to 'friendly' npc's like what you talk in RL too, that isn't really related to quest.
    Add a torchman to lit the torches in the towns at dusk. That would be fenomenal. Add some birds to the sky. Add a rainbow after rainy weather-effects. Add more animations for casual stuff, like sitting down in the grass (to restore health?) and using tools or objects.
    Zitat Zitat von Dykunas Beitrag anzeigen
    I think the fundamentals were already in Gothic 1, with npcs doing their daily routines, smoking weed, pissing on walls, playing guitars, cooking food etc... And it doesn't even matter if it's all scripted, because when you look at games (mostly overhyped ones) such as oblivion, that supposedly had "revolutionary A.I", you see that these games are devoid of life and feel empty.

The first time i played Gothic, i was mesmerized by the atmosphere in the old camp, it was so unusual compared to other games. Attention to these samll details really adds flavour to the game and is probably on the most important aspect of the Gothic series that gave it such a mass following.

Now, having said that, i think there is still some room for improvement and the first place where i would look for inspiration would probably be The Witcher, which is kind of ironic, because one can clearly see that The Witcher took quite a bit of inspiration from Gothic. What i really like about The Witcher, is its taverns. Damn, do they feel alive. Upon enterance you are greeted with all kinds of backround noises, lively music, fist fights, people driking, eating, playing poker.... I think that the already established fundamentals that i mentioned above, coupled with some of the things we see in The Witcher, would make one hell of an atmospheric RPG!!!

So i wish the developers luck capturing the magic that they brought to the Gothic series, and applying it here. Keep those creative juices flowing!
    Zitat Zitat von iab Beitrag anzeigen
    a few examples:

1. occasionally a fight happens between two NPCs in a bar, or the hero can cause such a fight (like what he did to the two brothers in G2);
    2. NPCs (guards on duty won't be included) will try to find cover during a rain (with hands covering their heads while running) - maybe return to their own houses in town or try to seek the nearest tree/cave in the wilderness;
    3. after a rain some NPCs will try to wash their clothes or repair their houses; guards'll try to wipe off the water on their armors and weapons;
    4. a thief tries to steal a NPC or picklock a door or chest;
    5. sometimes some NPCs get ill and they go to the church to seek help;
    Zitat Zitat von Powaz Beitrag anzeigen
    What do you guys think of bard NPC's in taverns?
    I would also love to see a rumor system. NPC's talking about things that happened all over the world like "I've heard the capital is burning" and etc.
    Zitat Zitat von foobar Beitrag anzeigen
    [in taverns] Well, ideally the crowd would change. There are of course always some local peasants hanging around for drinking and gambling. At least at the evenings. Then we would have travelling merchants who rest there for a while which gives the player the opportunity to trade. Maybe some mercenaries looking for new employment. A good laugh would be a resolute woman pulling her drunken husband home while scolding him. Some shady character offering illegal goods or services. And of course we want to satisfy the cliche of a good tavern brawl, perhaps with a drunken merc. Of course, there should not be everything in every tavern. The crowd must fit to the local area and the level of the tavern. An upscale tavern for rich citizens must be different from the smutty booze den at the harbour.
    iab ist offline Geändert von iab (17.11.2008 um 05:08 Uhr)

Knight Avatar von TeLovesc
    Hi Ralf . Any news about the Risen website?
    What can we expect from it? in-game screenshots ,artworks,videos?
    Are we going to find out the system requirements?
    TeLovesc ist offline

You got me wrong. You still have a map, a status screen and an inventory, no matter how much you minimize it. I thought it's better when you can access 'em all in one single screen. I love minimal interfaces, to the point I prefer NO HUD at all sometimes. On the other hand, I'm not talking about the HUD but about menus. You know those screens that pop up when you play Gothic pressing TAB, B and M? What about everything popping up at the same time and adjustable? That's what I mean.
    Ah, yeah. That could be a relatively good suggestion.
    TheDoctor ist offline

Warrior
    Ralf, when will you begin recording the voices? Can we expect any familiar actors to return from the Gothic series (especially from G1/2)? I'm talking about the english version, which has quite the changes in the cast during the series, notably the hero and Diego in G2, and the entire cast in G3, breaking the continuity big time (well, for me). I think the actors in G3 sounded quite dull. It's true, that in the previous parts the voice talents overacted sometimes, but when you don't have Mass Effect-like closeups and facial animation in the cutscenes, you can only depend on the voice acting to provide true emotions, feelings and humour.
    rotator ist offline

Seite 10 von 21 « Erste ... 36789101112131417 ... Letzte »