Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 3 von 21 « Erste 12345671014 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 41 bis 60 von 405
  1. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #41
    Demigod Avatar von Bastardo

Bastardo ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Altair-AoD Beitrag anzeigen
    Sorry but this for me :
    "Gothic I? You kidding me? A bit of optimal play and those stats would be a joke." its equal to: "Cheater that status is impossible to reach."
    *Bamfy accuses you*
    Alwin replies (TO BAMFY): What? You accuse him? As long as he played well he could have done it without a problem.

Anyway I started one with NotR. Still outside the city...

2. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #42
    Knight Avatar von Altair-AoD

Altair-AoD ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Bastardo Beitrag anzeigen
    *Bamfy accuses you*
    Alwin replies (TO BAMFY): What? You accuse him? As long as he played well he could have done it without a problem.

Anyway I started one with NotR. Still outside the city...
    Does that mean that he thinks my status wasn't big enough? Thats even worse...nah joking

LETS end this here OK?

3. Beiträge anzeigen #43
    Skinhead  Avatar von Hellbilly

Hellbilly ist offline
    Yes, you will end it here. No more pointless spamming in this thread.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #44
    Ranger

Air Mage ist offline
    BOT.

I have started notr again, with Giovanni #5. I've spent some time struggling on how to justify this, since Gio 4 was the one who finished Gothic 1. Should I replay G1 all over again, to keep my storyline "pure"?

Ultimately, I decided I just didn't want to play G1 again. So, how to explain it. I could have Xardas resurrect me again, or maybe my twin brother will step in to help. Or maybe some other explanation. Finally I decided "screw it!". Xardas uses his awesome powers over time and space and rewinds reality so I can try again.

So Giovanni #5 is on his way!

5. Beiträge anzeigen #45
    Schwertmeister Avatar von Der_Jonn

Der_Jonn ist offline
    I've been a bit lazy with updating. My mage is currently preparing himself for his voyage to Irdorath, crew and captain have already been assembled.

Game: G2 NotR
    Name: Jonn's Magician
    Guild: Magician of Fire
    Level: 34
    Circle of Magic: 6th
    Stats(without equipment): 250 mana, 100 dex, 51 strength, one hand 37%, bow 51%
    Runes learnt: Fire Arrow, Ice Lance, Ice Block, Summon Skeleton, Lightning, Wave of Ice, Summon Demon, Rain of Fire
    Potions learnt: all mana potions, including the permanent one
    Secondary skills learnt: lockpicking, pickpocketing, taking furs
    Chapter: 5

6. Beiträge anzeigen #46

Der_Jonn ist offline
    Yes! Once again I triumph over the UD

At the tender age of level 39, my mage manged to send the UD straight back to hell with a vicious combination of Black Ore, Wave of Ice, Rain of Fire and Wave of Death (each spell twice, you gotta hand it to him: the UD is one tough bugger).
    Irdorath had been a piece of cake, everything that wasn't killed by Rain of Fire fell to the second Rain, and due to Rain's short casting time, large range and long duration, no enemy stood a chance.

Game: G2 NotR
    Name: Jonn's Magician
    Guild: Magician of Fire
    Level: 39
    Circle of Magic: 6th
    Stats(without equipment): 817 life, 321 mana, 120 dex, 63 strength, one hand 37%, bow 51%
    Runes learnt: Fire Arrow, Ice Lance, Ice Block, Summon Skeleton, Lightning, Wave of Ice, Summon Demon, Rain of Fire, Wave of Death
    Potions learnt: all mana potions, including the permanent one
    Secondary skills learnt: lockpicking, pickpocketing, taking furs
    Time played: 26:52 hours

7. Beiträge anzeigen #47
    Drachentöter Avatar von Blubbler

Blubbler ist offline
    Game: NotR
    Name: My Magician Dragon Hunter
    Guild: Mercenary
    Level: 12
    Strength: 48
    1H: 59%
    --
    Well, when I started I intended to become a magician of fire, but after wasting some strength bonuses I thought that it'd be much better to go in close combat again, so I joined the mercenaries, which is the guild I played the least anyway.
    I started doing the usual quests in Khorinis and the area around it and then leveled up five times as a Dragon Snapper killing most of the dangerous forest animals. Although NotR is generally harder than Classic, leveling up at the beginning is much easier.
    I have trouble finding the letter showing Fernando's name. I can't remember where it is.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #48

Der_Jonn ist offline
    Yay, this thread still lives. Good luck with your NotR attempt, Blubbler.

By the way, the letter incriminating Fernando can be found at a small bandit's camp behind Sekob's farm.

9. Beiträge anzeigen #49
    Drachentöter Avatar von Blubbler

Blubbler ist offline
    Game: NotR
    Name: My Magician Dragon Hunter
    Guild: Mercenary
    Level: 13
    Chapter: 2 (still in Khorinis)
    Strength: 46 (48 was a typo)
    1H: 59%
    Cause of Death: Bandits at Jack's Lighthouse
    --
    I'm sick of this. I finished as many quests as possible, joined the Magicians of Water's underlings club and also found the letter to arrest Fernando (thanks, Jonn ) and then thought I'd be able to do Jack's quest before I go visit Jharkendar and kill the evil Raven. I was wrong...
    Three critical hits and I was down. I suppose these bastards were just lucky but still death is death, so another adventure ends there.
    Not sure about what to do now. Maybe I'll play Velaya, I always wanted to test this mod. Maybe even hardcore Bobstew-like.
    Geändert von Blubbler (23.09.2008 um 23:45 Uhr)

10. Beiträge anzeigen #50

Der_Jonn ist offline
    Yeah, those bandits are really tough buggers. As a melee fighter, I basically wouldn't touch them unless I'm level 25+ and have the light dragon hunter armour (or one of the other guilds' equivalent).

On other news, I've recently been playing G3 hardcore. Since mages are so boring and cheap (98% of the time, all you do is spam fireballs and retreat as soon as your opponent(s) get too close) and rangers are basically just an underpowered version of a mage (plus a few FPS elements, which I don't particularly care for), I've decided to go for melee.

I've managed to get three characters killed and they actually all died in the very same spot: the cave near Montera where you have to kill the wolves for that merc guy. The first time I thought "let's kill those wolves real quick, I'm level 12, so they'll pose no problem". The second time I thought "okay, let's do those stupid wolves. Last time I died, but that was just a freak accident and this time I'll be more careful". And the last time I thought "okay, I'm level 20 now, I can fight a whole bison herd, and bisons are 4 times the XP of wolves, so it should be a piece of cake".

But the problem is that due to the shitty combat system, wolves are extremely lethal in caves since every time you can knocked to the ground, you get flung against the wall of the cave and when you finally manage to stand up (after getting bit a few more times), all you do is slide down a few centimetres, which is just enough time for the wolves to get another attack in that throws you to the ground. Repeat that three times and you're toast.

But now I've created a fourth character (who has avoided that blasted cave so far ) who's currently level 22. So far, I've done quests in Reddock, Kap Dun, Montera, Silden and Geldern.

Game: Gothic 3
    Name: Jonn's melee fighter #4
    Level: 22
    Character: I mainly invested into life (600 something) and strength (150 something). Apart from a few combat perks, acrobatics and the one that cuts down the endurance cost of running (whatever it's called), I learned to open heavy locks.

11. Beiträge anzeigen #51

Der_Jonn ist offline
    Okay, it's finally time to revive this thread and let's hope that it never dies again.

My copy of Forsaken Gods has arrived just this morning and I'm going to play it Stewbob-style.

For all of you who don't know, Stewbob is a guy who played G1 hardcore on his first playthrough with no prior knowledge of the game except for having played G2. Despite this, he managed to do incredibly well and get very far into the game before eventually meeting his untimely demise. He covered his adventures in an extensive series of posts in the predecessor to this post. If you want to read it up, here is the page where his posts start: http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum...332549&page=14

I've played all previous Gothic games multiple times, but I've on purpose avoided info about Forsaken Gods so that my experience will be as fresh as possible. I've not yet decided what sort of character I want to build, so I'll just start playing and then see where it takes me.

Oh, and if you wonder about the above post, I've lost that savegame when my character was about level 60 due to a very stupid mistake the designers made. If you deinstall the G3 demo and check the box for removing savegames, it removes ALL G3 savegames, not just the ones from the demo...

12. Beiträge anzeigen #52
    Skinhead  Avatar von Hellbilly

Hellbilly ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Der_Jonn Beitrag anzeigen
    Forsaken Gods
    Dang. I gotta edit the list script to add FG into it.

13. Beiträge anzeigen #53

Der_Jonn ist offline
    Okay, so I've played this early beta version of Forsaken Gods for a few hours.

The biggest issue so far is the language. The DVD I bought from amazon.de doesn't allow you to chose the language in which the game will be installed. So I have to play the game mostly in German. Mostly meaning that there are many instances where things just weren't translated, so you'll see a lot of generic NPCs with English names. There was even one line of text that was spoken in German ("Ich will damit sagen, dass er ganz Myrthana Frieden und Wohlstand bringen wird.") but the text was partly French and partly English ("Je voudrais dire qu'il bring peace and prosperity to all of Myrthana").
    Also there are plenty of instances where a particular text doesn't fit into the proper window, so it's just cut off. And best of all, there are some pieces of dialogue that are simply missing, so the characters will just do their normal "talking gestures" but there aren't any voices or texts.

Didn't anyone actually test the German version even once for ten minutes?

---End of rant---

I've done a few of the start quests (holy shit, 4k XP for some stupid quest that takes 10 minutes... quest XP was already insanely high in G3, but this is just fucking retarded... why would anyone actually want to kill opponents that give 50 or 100 XP when you get several thousand XP for every little quest) and I also went to Geldern and Trelis. So far everything except some of the arena fights (not being able to attack without endurance is annoying) has been very easy (I play on normal difficulty). Apart from learning how to sharpen weapons, I've put all LPs into life and endurance.

Game: Gothic 3 Forsaken Gods
    Name: Drunken Jedi
    Level: 14

14. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #54
    Knight Avatar von Altair-AoD

Altair-AoD ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Der_Jonn Beitrag anzeigen
    Je voudrais dire qu'il bring peace and prosperity to all of Myrthana").
    Thats screamingly funny! Good luck man your going to need it.

15. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #55

Bastardo ist offline
    ...Do we really have to add this one to the actual list?...

16. Beiträge anzeigen #56
    Abenteurer

Student ist offline
    Hi,

i just started a new Gothic 1 hardcore challenge.
    No reloads, no cheesy tactics and no console.

Game: Gothic 1 (w/ some texture patches)
    Name: hardcore student
    Guild: probably bandits and then mercenaries
    Level: 5
    Two-handed swords and bow style

Right now i just entered the swamp camp and will do some quests. My last no-reload challenge (i didnt even know this thread then) ended with a dumb swampshark at lvl 8, i will be more cautious this time.

I probably need some advice here and there because some time past since i last finished the game.

Damn this was close.
    Thought i fight against two wolves and suddenly their friends came out of nowhere. I tried to run away but couldnt get this one wolf out of attack focus - even when i put my sword away. ? Somehow i slowly retreated backwards and survived with 2 hp. Can someone explain me how i end a fight properly next time if i have to retreat? Dunno how this happened.

I'm lvl 8 now and nearly all quests done for Chapter 1. Will hunt some more till lvl 9-10 and join the bandits.

Unfortunately its not a good idea to hunt at night in the woods. Not because of the monsters, but because you can trip and fall off a cliff and die (the first forest you see in the game).

Lvl 9

I'll try again. ^^
    Geändert von Rashnu (27.12.2008 um 14:11 Uhr)

17. Beiträge anzeigen #57
    Sword Master Avatar von Huntsman

Huntsman ist offline
    Okay guys, like I've said I felt a craving for Gothic so I figured I'd submit my challenge here - any other way to play it right now would probably be boring. Also, this time I'm in it for real, so I'll be extra careful and focus on beating the game not so much as roleplaying; those dialogues have gotten a wee bit boring after hearing them roughly 50 times before.

Game: Gothic
    Name: Faust
    Desired class: Templar

This time I'll try joining the Sect Camp, which is probably the one I've played the least. Naturally, not much choices here for a build - basically I'll try to make it as uber as possible though I will invest some points in mana also in order to be proficient with the magic of the Sleeper, I've never really used it (seeing how you cannot become a Guru, this is the next best thing).

Currently I'm in the hill overlooking the Old Camp, fresh in from outside the Barrier. The view is breathtaking and I'm rather being a douche tempting my fate this close to the edge.

[Bild: eq6smf.jpg]

18. Beiträge anzeigen #58
    Demigod Avatar von Dino

Dino ist offline
    Hmm... I STILL haven't beaten gothic 1 in hardcore... not good, not good at all.

Therefor I announce my new gothic 1 harcore attemp:

Name: Harcore Attempt Guy #5
    Desired Class: Templar
    Desired Build: 2h and magic(up to 4th circle)

Same as Huntsman, I have played as a sect loonie the least.

Here goes nothing...

19. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #59

Bastardo ist offline
    By the way I will update. Later. Maybe. No no, I will. Just... not now. But consider it done.

20. Beiträge anzeigen #60
    Demigod Avatar von Dino

Dino ist offline
    UPDATE:

Holy shit, I got to chapter 4 and here's my corrent stats:

Strength: 104
    Mana: 40
    1h and 2h skill: Master
    forgot my level, but I think it's about 20.

Anyway, I had a very close call just a minute ago. I was beating the crap out of the guards at the south gates, and I knocked them all down but had like, 10 HP left so I started drinking potions. But some of the guards stood up, and started attacking me again. I started running towards Diego cuz I had almost no HP, but one of them knocked me down. I was like: FUCK!! I'M DEAD
    but then, right before they killed me, Diego shot them with his bow. I was like: "WHEW!!! THANKS A MILLION DIEGO!!!"
    Let's see if I can beat the game this time...

Seite 3 von 21 « Erste 12345671014 ... Letzte »