Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 1 von 2 12 Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 26
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Ranger

Air Mage ist offline

G1 mod request - change color of blueberries

Hi, I assume this is the right area.

I've tried looking at the G1 graphics files, but I don't know what opens vdf files, or how to edit them. I'd like to make a simple request of any modders out there who know how to do this.

It's always bothered me that the blueberries in the game are red and not blue. I think they would be better if called raspberries, but I assume that changing item names could cause game problems and would be much harder to do than simply changing a texture.

I'm thinking that they would be better if they were closer in color to the heart of the Seraphis plant. Indeed, simply swapping the colors for blueberries and Seraphis hearts would be awesome.

I don't know how hard this is to do and yes, it is a small thing, but it's something that bothers me every time I see a red blueberry on the ground, see one in my inventory, or eat one. Having them be blue, purple, somewhere in the ballpark would be so much better. Picking up Seraphis plants only further irritates me when I see the color that blueberries SHOULD be.

I hope someone can do this for me. Thanks.

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Knight Avatar von HellFog

HellFog ist offline
    First: Hi and welcome§welcome, to the forum.

here's a tool for extracting vdfs click

Now the problem here is , there are not to many mod makers in the english section of WoG, there is a moding wiki but it's in german .
    We could try to modify the texture, but because it's a bit hard to mod Gothic,
    people won't go moding just 1 file.
    There is a posibility, someone could make a texture mod, that doesn't require much knowledge of moding , just of compiling the texture in a vdfs arhive.

You'll just have to wait for it, if someone decides to make such a mod.

P.S this should be in the "Creative Corner" of the forum

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Deus Avatar von WernerTWC

WernerTWC ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Air Mage Beitrag anzeigen
    I'd like to make a simple request of any modders out there who know how to do this.
    Hi and §welcome!

Well, i've never modded g1 and will not, sorry. Dunno if anyone else will do such a mini-mod.

I think they would be better if called raspberries, but I assume that changing item names could cause game problems and would be much harder to do than simply changing a texture.
    Theoretically spoken it would be easier to change the name in the scripts than redraw a texture.

Zitat Zitat von GoldSaint Beitrag anzeigen
    P.S this should be in the "Creative Corner" of the forum
    That's not correct, he's asking for help not presenting something creative.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    Cat  Avatar von Larisa

Larisa ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von WernerTWC Beitrag anzeigen
    Theoretically spoken it would be easier to change the name in the scripts than redraw a texture.
    I don't know... for me it would be easier to change the texture... since it's just making some red dots blue. Or something like that. And from what I've seen, (at least for NotR), compiling the scripts can be problematic.

I guess for this, 2 textures are used. One for the 3d object and one for the inventory pic. I don't know.

Zitat Zitat von WernerTWC Beitrag anzeigen
    That's not correct, he's asking for help not presenting something creative.
    *cough* modding forum *cough*

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5

WernerTWC ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von mistress_larisa Beitrag anzeigen
    And from what I've seen, (at least for NotR), compiling the scripts can be problematic.
    That's because there were never working english scripts released for notr, but for g1 they were:
    http://www.worldofgothic.de/modifika...iew&fileID=216

*cough* modding forum *cough*
    Got a cold?

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6
    Ranger

Air Mage ist offline
    Hi back, and thank you all for welcoming me!

I only saw five english forums, and this seemed the one for help with G1.

Anyhoo, I tried using the vdfs extractor but there's no readme, and extracting the ITFOOD from Objekte&Items.vdf results in a .TEX file, which I can't open. I tried using Gimp, a graphics program, but it doesn't recognize the extension.

but because it's a bit hard to mod Gothic,
    people won't go moding just 1 file.
    So I'm guessing that it requires a bit more skill than a 1st level modder has.

Well, like I said, it's no biggie, but if someone could do it I'd appreciate it.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7
    General Avatar von Korianous

Korianous ist offline
    Go download Goman, from the downloads section. Should enable you to read and change the format of texture files.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8
    Ranger

Air Mage ist offline
    Huzzah!!!

Thank you Korianous!

I present to you all...

[Bild: blueberries.jpg]

Blue blueberries!

I am very happy! I can now sleep easy at night, knowing that all is right with the world.

In other news, I have gained a level and am now a level 2 modder.

9. Beiträge anzeigen #9

Korianous ist offline
    Hahaha NP. Nice work dude. You should try the upload service, I'd like to dl it, that always bugged me as well.

10. Beiträge anzeigen #10
    Ranger

Air Mage ist offline
    I modified the Objekte&Items.vdf file, I believe from Thielhater's Texturepack. Although this file is already in G1, I don't know if you need his pack to make use of this.

The file is only 2.5 MB, so it's easy to dl and see if it works on its own. Stick it in the Data folder... I imagine you will have to start a new game to see if it works.

I COULD try changing G1's textures.vdf file if this doesn't work on its own, and people don't want to install Thielhater's pack, but the textures file is 120 MB, making things a lot more cumbersome just to get blue blueberries. 'Course, nothing's too difficult when blue blueberries are on the line!

http://www.mediafire.com/?1czti5enmco

11. Beiträge anzeigen #11
    Cat  Avatar von Larisa

Larisa ist offline
    The new vdf should contain only the changed files, not all that is in the original, I think.

12. Beiträge anzeigen #12
    Ranger

Air Mage ist offline
    What should I call the file then? Surely not textures.vdf, since that would replace the original. Can I just call it whatever.vdf, including only the blueberry file, and it will work?

13. Beiträge anzeigen #13
    Cat  Avatar von Larisa

Larisa ist offline
    Can I just call it whatever.vdf, including only the blueberry file, and it will work?
    I'm not sure, I know nothing about G1 modding, but I think you can name it whatever you like. Just the folder structure inside the vdf should be exactly like it was in original. And the file.

14. Beiträge anzeigen #14
    Ranger

Air Mage ist offline
    Alright, here's my second batch, fresh from the oven, now with frosting!

DOWNLOAD

I would appreciate it if someone could dl it and see if indeed a smaller file works.

15. Beiträge anzeigen #15

WernerTWC ist offline
    I would appreciate it if someone could dl it and see if indeed a smaller file works.
    Were can i find a blueberry? (Nearest from the start point).

16. Beiträge anzeigen #16
    Ranger

Air Mage ist offline
    Right past the mini-gate with two guards, where you first see meatbugs. There's a blueberry there.

It's about ten seconds away from the start, down Diego's path.

17. Beiträge anzeigen #17

WernerTWC ist offline
    Right past the mini-gate with two guards, where you first see meatbugs. There's a blueberry there.

It's about ten seconds away from the start, down Diego's path.
    Ok, i was just confused because it's not a "blueberry" in the german version, but "woodberry" (which would be blue anyway).

A general hint:
    Don't use spaces in names ("Blueberries 1.vdf" -> "Blueberries_1.vdf"), not sure if it could cause problems, ... it's just a "everybody-does-it-like-that"-thingy (even the PBs).

So, for me it works, ... also with an older savegame.

18. Beiträge anzeigen #18

Korianous ist offline
    Um it works. No need for worries. dled ur first vdf.

19. Beiträge anzeigen #19
    Ranger

Air Mage ist offline
    Cool. I hope everyone enjoys!

Since it's now clear that you only need the changed file, I can make new versions for those with Thiel's pack, which would be much smaller to dl. Just ask if you want.

20. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #20
    Knight Avatar von Altair-AoD

Altair-AoD ist offline
    Cool. I hope everyone enjoys!

Since it's now clear that you only need the changed file, I can make new versions for those with Thiel's pack, which would be much smaller to dl. Just ask if you want.
    If you could do a package with the blue sky addon the textures pack and your BlueBerries it will be great.

Seite 1 von 2 12 Letzte »