Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 8 von 11 « Erste ... 4567891011 Letzte »
Ergebnis 141 bis 160 von 207
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #141
    Knight Avatar von Ariogaisus

Ariogaisus ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von C-Hawk Beitrag anzeigen
    That's a good idea. Events. But it will only get 'interesting' when you add animals and quest-NPC's and/or traders. Is there a currency yet? Probably not.

• Add animals.
    • Add Quests.
    • Add a currency, together with traders.

I'll be interested only then. I know it's hard to get to that point.
    But animals and quests really a point you should add. Currency later.
    Animals first please.

2. Beiträge anzeigen #142
    Sword Master Avatar von C-Hawk

C-Hawk ist offline
    As in reading order then:

• Animals
    • Quests
    • Currency / Items

Which should be first, Currency or items. without a currency the items are free, without items, what is there to pay for?

edit: What about useless items: items with no use, such as teeth, skin, bloodfly wings. I can imagine you can make arrow-tips from the teeth, and some kind of simple armor from the skins, but what about the wings? I think PB as well need to think further with what you could actually do with items, which seem useless at first. Such as skins, what is the use of a skin without laying it on the ground and making it dirty? Make an armor. or add a cape, make from the head a helmet. SOMETHING. Not just the ordinary sword-blueprint or recipe for booze or a health-potion.

What is the use of all the really useless stuff, such as: Troll Tooth, Waran Firetongue, Bloodfly Stinger, Bloodfly Wing.
    The Troll Tooth could be of use as a weapon??? Far-fetched, proly. Stinger: poison? Introduced in Gothic 3, is this possible in Gothic 2? I don't know.
    Arcadia - A click and win tale
    Geändert von C-Hawk (08.09.2011 um 21:28 Uhr)

3. Beiträge anzeigen #143
    Drachentöter Avatar von Blubbler

Blubbler ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von C-Hawk Beitrag anzeigen
    That's a good idea. Events. But it will only get 'interesting' when you add animals and quest-NPC's and/or traders. Is there a currency yet? Probably not.

• Add animals.
    • Add Quests.
    • Add a currency, together with traders.

I'll be interested only then. I know it's hard to get to that point.
    But animals and quests really a point you should add. Currency later.
    More like
    • Synchronize items
    • Add and synchronize NPCs (it doesn't matter to the engine whether they look like humans or animals)
    • Add ability to make the server save your progress
    • Add ability to use modded scripts, models and textures

With this you basically have everything. The rest is just polish. The currency is gold like in the original game. Trading can be done via dropping items to the ground. You can mod the original game slightly and play it through in a party or organize a contest or have roleplay or make epic fights. But every single step is a lot of work (and a lot more work for the server and possibly more lag).

4. Beiträge anzeigen #144
    Knight Avatar von TeLovesc

TeLovesc ist offline
    Sorry i haven`t read the forums in the past months ... what`s up with the project? Are they still working on it? New features or anything?

5. Beiträge anzeigen #145
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!

6. Beiträge anzeigen #146
    Ranger Avatar von carnage12

carnage12 ist offline
    The link is broken.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #147

Ariogaisus ist offline

8. Beiträge anzeigen #148
    Schwertmeister Avatar von warstrike

warstrike ist offline
    Did anything change in the last year?? I mean ,they went so far and yet there`s no event??

9. Beiträge anzeigen #149

Ariogaisus ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von warstrike Beitrag anzeigen
    Did anything change in the last year?? I mean ,they went so far and yet there`s no event??
    There has been a magic syncing update and the events are all for the polish community.

10. Beiträge anzeigen #150
    Knight Avatar von Aeterox

Aeterox ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von warstrike Beitrag anzeigen
    That's due to the fact that no one organises one. There were polish, russian and german ones. If you want a event for the english community find other players, plan and write about it in the event section of GMP forum. Eventually it might be announced with a news entry.

Btw. it's possible to play as orcs and skeletons since the 26th of december 2011 if the server admin adds these classes.
    Geändert von Aeterox (09.01.2012 um 20:01 Uhr)

11. Beiträge anzeigen #151

Ariogaisus ist offline
    Any news? Haven't seen an update since Easter.

12. Beiträge anzeigen #152

Aeterox ist offline
    There were no updates ever since December, a inofficial one with almost no changes was released in February. The team is working on a completely overhauled MP for the next version, i.e. they want to improve the synchronisation because it's quite inefficient in the last released version. Other features that are planned are in example a database, a scripting language, a extended world builder that's easier to handle and supports items among other things. Check out the two latest news entries for more detailed info.

By the way another multiplayer project was released a couple of weeks ago - Gothic Multiplayer Accrescere. The focus lies on the script language here, which makes it easily customisable. However the project is in a early state, there aren't Lua functions for all you can think of yet and a couple of things that are synchronised in GMP aren't synchronised there yet, i.e. items and gates (triggers/movers). It's definitely worth a look anyway, although I still prefer GMP.

13. Beiträge anzeigen #153

Ariogaisus ist offline
    The Acesserar-whatever says that i need a 128 KBPS to play this. Speedtest tells me that my internet download speed is 0.69 MBPS. Can i play it?

14. Beiträge anzeigen #154
    Skinhead  Avatar von Hellbilly

Hellbilly ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Ariogaisus Beitrag anzeigen
    The Acesserar-whatever says that i need a 128 KBPS to play this. Speedtest tells me that my internet download speed is 0.69 MBPS. Can i play it?
    0.69 MBps (MegaBytes per second) is 690 KBps (KiloBytes per second). So as far as the connection is concerned, you should be able to.

15. Beiträge anzeigen #155

Ariogaisus ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Hellbilly Beitrag anzeigen
    0.69 MBps (MegaBytes per second) is 690 KBps (KiloBytes per second). So as far as the connection is concerned, you should be able to.
    Man, there aren't any servers. That's........awful. Will try GMP, hopefully i can play that.

16. Beiträge anzeigen #156

Aeterox ist offline
    Well it's a bug that you can't see the servers on the list, but they don't seem to know how to fix problems that appear in their own applications. At least that's what I got after reading "run as administrator" as pretty much their only tip in every problem thread and seeing people still having problems.

Server situation is not much better in GMP, there were tons of empty servers and this reduced in the last weeks, however you won't find many people to play with if you don't speak polish. Well, I guess that won't change until the update will be released. Somewhere in 2012 or 2013 .

By the way there's another multiplayer project which wasn't released yet. Two videos. Well, what can I tell you about it. It has the best synchronisation of all 4 multiplayer projects, unless Gothic X made a lot of progress by now. In example items, gates, levelchange and npcs are fully synchronised. But there's still some work left to be done, in example fixing bugs, optimising the code (which everyone can do btw, it's open source, username: guest, no password). No single string was translated into english though and I'm not sure if that will ever change.

17. Beiträge anzeigen #157

Ariogaisus ist offline
    I made a thread about it, this is all the advice i've gotten on GMPA http://forum.gmpa.com.pl/board/index...rs-showing-up/

I can't play on GMP because everytime i join a server, people disconnect me.
    Geändert von Ariogaisus (12.07.2012 um 20:09 Uhr)

18. Beiträge anzeigen #158

Aeterox ist offline
    You are welcome to play at International Colony if you want to. It's running on my unfortunately unstable VPS, however expect disconnects there, no harm intended.

19. Beiträge anzeigen #159

Ariogaisus ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von rox2 Beitrag anzeigen
    You are welcome to play at International Colony if you want to. It's running on my unfortunately unstable VPS, however expect disconnects there, no harm intended.
    What game mode does it have and when is it online?

EDIT: I got in but nobody's playing. I hope my latency isn't too high.
    Geändert von Ariogaisus (13.07.2012 um 10:56 Uhr)

20. Beiträge anzeigen #160

Aeterox ist offline
    It's permanently online and people are free to do what they want. The server was the most visited TDM server at some point, however things changed by now :P. Here's a video from old days if you're interested.

I'd rather blame the server for his high ping. It's a free VPS, so I don't want to complain.

Seite 8 von 11 « Erste ... 4567891011 Letzte »