[English] Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
01) Guild Wars being a mmorpg does have a monthly fee?
02) Do I need a high end PC to play this beautiful game?
03) Can I play it with my friend through Internet Connection Sharing?
04) When I start to create my character there's 2 options, roleplaying char.or PvP-only, what should I choose?
05) How can I exchange inventory items between two of my characters?
06) How can I get rid of my unwanted bonus items?
07) How do I get elite skills?
08) From where can I get a Signet of Capture?
09) What can you tell me about titles in the game?
10) What's the dye good for?
11) What means the colour of an item's description (light blue, purple, green, white, gold)?
12) Can I explore the whole map(M) ?
13) Can I buy armors and weapons or I really have to craft them?
14) What are trophies (stone horn, black pearl, luxon totem, mandragor roots, sentient spore, grawl necklace, etc.) good for?
15) What are minipets and how can I get one?
16) What does "farming" mean?
No, once purchased and received a key (from a store or online) for creating an account you own it entirely
Purchase your account only from an authorized seller or the Official Guild Wars Store
Minimum System Specs:
-Intel Pentium III 800 Mhz or equivalent
-256 MB RAM
-2 GB Available HDD Space
-ATI Radeon 8500 or GeForce 3 or 4 MX Series Video Card with 32MB of VRAM
-16-bit Sound Card
-Keyboard and mouse
Recommended System Specs:
-Intel Pentium III 1GHz or equivalent
-512 MB RAM
-2 GB Available HDD Space
-ATI Radeon 9000 or GeForce 4 Ti Series Video Card with 64MB of VRAM
16-bit Sound Card
-Keyboard and mouse
Yes, of course using two (or more) diferent Guild Wars accounts (tested by me, guaranteed)
If you choose roleplaying character you can play the campaign (quests, missions) and can enter PvP (player vs. player) areas (e.g. arenas).
If you choose PvP-only character, then your char. is already at level 20 (which is the max.) and fight only in PvP areas (no quests, no missions)
source: Khaled, Onisuzume
Via the Xunlai-Agents storage service, however they are not found in the end game areas of Factions and Nightfall, in the Pre-Searing areas of Prophecies, in the Chahbek Village (Mission) of Nightfall.
source: Rashnu, GuildWiki
Click "I" for inventory. There is a grey waste-basket. Just drag the unwanted item over it and let go.
You get them by using a Signet of Capture on a boss.
source: Khaled, Faby
You can get Sunspear titles based on Sunspear points (same applies to other factions in the other games), also, you can get other titles by doing things above normal, like collecting more than 90 elite skills (Skill Hunter) , or staying drunk for a really big time.
source: Faby, Khaled
Dye is used for painting armour and weapons. Some dyes cost more than others (black or white dye).
source: Khaled, Faby
White items are just normal items---light blue items are items with magical properties---purple items are rare items with magical properties---gold items are very rare items with magical properties---green items are unique items with magical properties and unique skin.
Can be unlocked as it follows:
1.Prophecies-after completing Malaquire's Test (Lion's Arch)
2.Factions-after completing Minister's Test (Kaineng Center)
3.Nightfall-after completing Capturing the Signet of Capture (Marga Coast)
you can buy it from any trainer after Lion's Arch in Prophecies and any trainer on the mainland in Factions and on the mainland in Nightfall.
source: Khaled, Rashnu
No...don't be surprised if in Cantha you can't go east of Zen Daijun outpost or you can't explore the whole Jade sea or all Kaineng City. 100% means only the explorable areas of the map, not all the map.There are parts that you cannot acces. In Nightfall things are a little more clarified. The areas are delimited by mountains and rocks and it's quite simple to know the exact zones you can explore.
You can get armors and weapons from the "crafters" in cities or outposts. You need the requested money and materials (common or rare). You can get parts of armor and weapons from collectors spread in the whole world, only in exchange of trophies.
You also can buy all kind of items except armors (weapons, upgrades, etc.) from other players in cities or outposts.
Those trophies can be sold, but you'd better give them to the collectors in exchange for weapons, shields, parts of armor, rods, artifacts, icons and many more.
Minipets are miniature versions of ingame monsters.They don't help you with anything, they just walk around you. Some say they show how wealthy you are. Minipets are usually sold in capitals. Just look at the trading announcements and you will eventually see an NPC saying he sells a minipet. You can also get a minipet if you own the Collector's edition of Prophecies, Factions (you get Shiro Tagachi) and Nightfall (you get Varesh Ossa). On entering the game you receive a message telling you to type "/special" or "/bonusitem(s)" in the chat. You will receive a gift in the inventory and you just have to double click on it to unpack your present. If you have a 1 year old character you will receive such a birthday present on that day. It contains a minipet.
Farming is entering any area and killing monsters for the purpose of gathering items, experience, gold, Faction, or promotion points. Often you will find parties (especially in the harder areas of the game) searching for people to go farming with them.
Farming groups utilize strategies and techniques optimized for farming effectiveness.
Smaller party size equals an increased chance for each member to get quality items.
Seek an effective party structure that clears out an area quickly and has less than a full party size.
Need help with GW:NF
I am a very big n00b in this game and I need some help. I thought this would be a good place to ask some quiestion. First of all I am lvl 8, a necro. here are the questions:
1.How can I raise lvl faster?
2.How to choose the best item for me? example-I have a staff which deals 5-8 dmg and +13% dmg when health is below 50% and then a staff which deals 7-11 dmg drops. but it has no special effects. which is the better one?
3.What are the sunspear promotion points for?
4.What are Battle Commendations for?
5.How do I get good crafting material?
6.What's the price of the Dyes and what should I use them for?
7.Which goods should I sale to players for a higher prise than to a seller npc?
8.What are half-designed boots (for example) for?
9.How do I get better armor?
10.Where can I hire another Hero like Koss?
11.How to get money faster?
12.Is it possible to have more than 8 spells in the exporable areas?
13.What are the Sunspear Ranks for and are they important?
14.What is the maximum lvl in th game?
15.Are there Class Items like for Necroz only and where do I get them?
that's all I can think of for now. If another thing comes up in my mind, I'll ask.
1. killing critters in Istan and doing quests
2. Keep the current one...imho the skills you use are more important
3. By doing quests and getting bountys from sunspear scouts and Kourna priests(later in the game) yo get those promotion points. It helps you improve your title among the Sunspears. At a certain number of sunspear promotion points you will be "Sunspear General" "Sunspear Sergeant" and so on.
4. YOu will exchange teh Battle Comendations for salvage kits, keys etc. at Sunspear Quartermasters in Sunspear Great Hall.
5. Crafting Material usually drop from enemies, or you can use salvage kits to salvage crafting materials from almost any item in the game. Some items specify if they are "salvage items"(their only purpose is to be salvaged).
6. You can see the price of the dyes at a"Dye trader" and you can use dyes to dye your armor or your weapon.
7. The green and gold items
8. Half-digested boots maybe...for this, see 5
9. YOu will get it later in the game in other outposts or on teh continent.
10. You will unlock them as you proceed through the game.
11. Kill alot of critters, and sell to the merchants the drops, or from quests/missions.
13. YOu will have acces to some skills afaik.
14. 20, but you will still level up and receive skill-points. Skills are far more important than the level.
15. Afaik, no...but staff for necroz require attributes that only necroz have and so, it can't be used by warriors, elementalists and others.
Rashnu...can you merge this thread with the FAQ one? I know some questions are allready there but... Or I can try to select the ones that aren't there yet and complete that thread.
thank you so much. As I said I am still a noob in this game. I was raising lvl only from fighting monsters and I wasn't picking up salvage material, I was also selling the Battle Commendations
I have another question:
are there some sort of "Instances" like in WoW where creeps are much stronger and good items drop?
hey I just read the FAQ and my staff is purple o.O this means it's rare, right?