Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Ergebnis 1 bis 4 von 4
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1 Zitieren
    Local Hero Avatar von Darksword

Darksword ist offline

getting an extra lizard on the island with the cave opposite Skip in Khorinis: a spoiler

Every time I have played through NotR, I have only found 5 live lizards on this island, and one dead in the trap in the cave. My routine was to start at the Khorinis end of the island and fight through to the cave.

Today, because I felt in the mood to look for clams, I waded through the sea a bit out from the beach, until I came to the lizard on the beach. I went ashore and killed it, then returned to the sea until I reached the rocks that stick out into the sea, running down from the cave. At this point, looking at the shore, I was more or less facing the cave. I attracted the attention of the lizard outside the cave and fought it at the water-line with the rocks on my right. During the fight I heard a big SPLASH! behind me: it was a lizard that had jumped off the rocks into the sea to fight me. I killed them both, then went into the cave and killed the lizard in the first room. When I arrived at the trap, there was no dead lizard. I went out again, and killed the 2 remaining lizards, for a total of SIX.

Trivial for sure, but I feel so excited: +80 exp I never got before! I always knew there had so be some way of getting that sixth lizard before it ran into the trap.
    "All that matters is Strength." (Mercenary who hangs out in Onar's house)

Healing potions: the case for addiction (Book title in Divine Divinity)

"I've seen better times. Too little to live on, too much to die." (Farim, Gothic II Night of the Raven)

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2 Zitieren
    Mauschelheld  Avatar von Zephir

Zephir ist offline
    Time to get even more excited: there are seven lizards on that island.

The last one jumps into the ocean somewhere near the cave and starts swimming away from the island, so it is easily missed. Maybe you got that one this time and missed another one?

There is a thread about lizard #7 that might interest you, if you understand German well enough: forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/threads/361587-Neuen-Trigger-entdeckt

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3 Zitieren
    Local Hero Avatar von Darksword

Darksword ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Zephir Beitrag anzeigen
    Time to get even more excited: there are seven lizards on that island.

The last one jumps into the ocean somewhere near the cave and starts swimming away from the island, so it is easily missed. Maybe you got that one this time and missed another one?
    I'm not sure: I returned to the island this morning, and could not find a lizard anywhere. Perhaps the 7th Lizard had already swum away before I got to the rocks. I don't have a saved game that I could use to redo the island, so I'll have to live with the mystery

Zitat Zitat von Zephir Beitrag anzeigen
    There is a thread about lizard #7 that might interest you, if you understand German well enough: forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/threads/361587-Neuen-Trigger-entdeckt
    Very interesting, thank you for pointing me to it. My German is not very good, but Himmelchen seems to say one triggers #7 by swimming around the island at a distance before coming ashore by the rocks. Maybe next time through I'll give it a go.

I'm fascinated by the various theories about what triggers things: until I read a thread on this forum, I thought that to get a dialogue option with Vatras to give him the Old Stone Tablets, I had to hand them over before solving the Missing People. But I disproved that during my game that I had to abandon due to a mystery loss of 3% two-handed skill. Now I know that I had skill stone tablets in inventory and that was why I got the dialogue option with Vatras.

This is such a complex, multi-layered game: all hail, Piranha Bytes!
    "All that matters is Strength." (Mercenary who hangs out in Onar's house)

Healing potions: the case for addiction (Book title in Divine Divinity)

"I've seen better times. Too little to live on, too much to die." (Farim, Gothic II Night of the Raven)

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Gothaholic

Gothaholic ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Darksword Beitrag anzeigen
    This is such a complex, multi-layered game
    absolutely right, a fantastic game!