Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 1 von 2 12 Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 32
  1. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Pumpkins fly free  Avatar von Freddy

Freddy ist offline

[Release] Textures Patch for Gothic 1 (0.8 beta)

Now, it is done! After fixing a bug in the worldspatch now the official release thread.

To give the Gothic fans a chance to play Gothic 1 with new graphics I decided to release a beta version.

Features

enhanced graphis
    Textures in Gothic 1 have resolutions from 64*64 to 256*256. I replaced them with completely new ones with resolutions from 512*512 to 1024*1024. I made them using Gothic 2 textures as base or creating completely new ones.

full compatibility
    Because only textures are replaced the patch works with all modifications and older savegames too.

Beta status
    Some textures are not final. That means that I want to create better versions in the future.
    Some textures are still missing. Therefore especially at the Sleeper's temple the old textures are displayed.

As a small bonus you`ll get a worldspatch.
    First: I have not testet if it works properly with the english version of Gothic. I don't expect problems - but please give me feedback.

This patch fixes some things
    - swamp portal removed (It looks not very good and caused the error of missing water when hunting the bloodflies)
    - Missing ground texture near Gravo fixed
    - some trees planted at the right of the temple at the swamp camp

This patch works with all mods which don't alter the world. But it's recommended to start a new game. This patch is optional.

Download Textures Patch and Worlds Patch

I'd like to thank
    - NicoDE for the script of the patch and the installer
    - Scythe for removing the swamp portal
    - Caphalor for the installer of the Worldspatch

And now some screens comparing Gothic before and after installing the patch. The first screen is from the Gothc 2-modification Piratenleben.

[Bild: texturenmod27_altk.jpg] [Bild: texturenmod27k.jpg] [Bild: texturenmod28_altk.jpg] [Bild: texturenmod28k.jpg]

[Bild: texturenmod29_altk.jpg] [Bild: texturenmod29k.jpg] [Bild: texturenmod30_altk.jpg] [Bild: texturenmod30k.jpg]

[Bild: texturenmod31_altk.jpg] [Bild: texturenmod31k.jpg]

Feedback
    Please tell me if there are things that I should alter (and of course if you like the patch. ).

With the Worldspatch there can be further improvement. There are sure some parts of the world where textures what aren't placed very good by the PBs. This can be fixed.

unstable Game
    With this patch the game needs much more ressources because of the higher resolution of the textures. On my computer it works very stable - but maybe on others not. If you have problems then deactivate firewall, virus scanner, ICQ...

If there's a place where the game crashes everytime, please tell me. Perhaps I can use textures with lower resolution. But I think that are places where a lot of textures are loaded at one time (coming down from the ore exchange for example). Reduce sight then.

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Ranger Avatar von Quinlan

Quinlan ist offline
    good job man. the game looks really cool. can't wait to see the final version.

ps: where did u make the first 2 shots? the one with the stone gollem. it looks like xardas's old tower but it wasn't like that last time I checked

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Adventurer Avatar von exodian

exodian ist offline
    nice work
    [Bild: c64wizz.gif]
    Arm your weapons. The mainland is waiting for you, nameless hero!

4. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #4
    Ranger Avatar von The Necromancer

The Necromancer ist offline
    Very nice, It's looks very interesting!
    "If you look into the past, you turn your back on the future"

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5
    Fighter Avatar von Deferigon

Deferigon ist offline
    I tried the game with the patches, it works great, no crashes, no errors, improved graphics and everything, i play with full setings and dont have problems it works the same, cool man, this patch motivated me to play g1 again to see the changes, thanks again

PS. One more thing, does it work on golden mode cuz i didnt try it with any modifications?

DAMN BAR, I CAN'T REACH IT!

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6
    Sword Master Avatar von SeekerOfTrue
    Deep, into the extrodinarily bright and charming light of truth

SeekerOfTrue ist offline
    Nice work, thanks a lot.

7. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #7

Freddy ist offline
    I am happy that you like it.
    Zitat Zitat von Quinlan
    [..]ps: where did u make the first 2 shots? the one with the stone gollem. it looks like xardas's old tower but it wasn't like that last time I checked
    You are right, this is from Xardas' old tower. This part of the mesh was also used in the modification Piratenleben (Gothic 2 NotR). I hope there will be an english version in the future. The screen is from Piratenleben (to show that it works with mods).
    Zitat Zitat von TripaV
    I tried the game with the patches, it works great, no crashes, no errors, improved graphics and everything, i play with full setings and dont have problems it works the same, cool man, this patch motivated me to play g1 again to see the changes, thanks again
    I am glad to read that the worldspatch works with the english version too. I was very sure because there was no need to alter with the english release. But I couldn't test.
    Zitat Zitat von TripaV
    PS. One more thing, does it work on golden mode cuz i didnt try it with any modifications?
    Yes, the texture patch works with all mods. I don't know if the Golden Mod comes with an altered world. In this case the worlds patch will not be active. So, don't worry.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8
    Ranger Avatar von Shadow Lord

Shadow Lord ist offline
    Wow, after all this time... i was thinking you forgot about it
    Great job, i can't wait for the final version

9. Beiträge anzeigen #9
    Demigod Avatar von Rashnu
    Guarding Chinvat Bridge (As-Sirāt); a bridge finer than a hair and sharper than a sword.

Rashnu ist offline
    Freddy, you have outdone yourself again. Marvellous work and thanks for putting in so much effort. [Bild: seng21507.gif]
    [Bild: Rashnu340obenGIF.gif][Bild: nds_banner_156x60_rounded.jpg]
    [Bild: Rashnu340untenlinks.gif][Bild: Rashnu340untenrechts.gif][Bild: oaqmBDA_Nein_113x60.jpg]
    "Greeting to thee; well hast thou come; from that mortal world hast thou come to this pure, bright place."

10. Beiträge anzeigen #10
    Fighter Avatar von basescu

basescu ist offline
    Is it... is it really done? GREAT
    I cant wait to try it!!!

11. Beiträge anzeigen #11
    General Avatar von Colonelu

Colonelu ist offline
    Nice work man, the new textures look really great, the colours are more brighter and most of them are high-res
    sig

12. Beiträge anzeigen #12
    Knight Avatar von eXecutioner

eXecutioner ist offline
    Do you have a project you want to attend now that you almost finished this texture patch or you just want to sit by at the swamp camp and smoke some swamp weed?

Anyway the thing I wanted to say is: you did a great job with the texture patch. It will make people play the game again and possibly make some new fans buy a copy of Gothic 1 International because of you.

If it has a great success maby the PB's could congradulate you.

'Till then, I will. So...

Congrats!
    Building Stronger Communities Blog - Bringing people closer together trough the power of words!

13. Beiträge anzeigen #13
    Fighter Avatar von Deferigon

Deferigon ist offline
    I have found a litle bug in your patches (i dont know witch one but i think the world patch), when i start the game with golden mode and i go to the abandoned mine, the wintch to opening the gate to the abandoned mine isnt there, i think its because in original g1 the wintch isnt there and u said the world patch didnt suport any world changes and that wintch is a change, if u can fix this i would be very hapy, the rest is ok at the moment (i can enter the mine with marvin mode and it works but thats cheating and i dont want to cheat in the game)

Ill inform you if there are any more mistakes.

DAMN BAR, I CAN'T REACH IT!

14. Beiträge anzeigen #14

eXecutioner ist offline
    Here is what they are saying at WorldofGothic.de:

[Gothic I - Editing] Texture patch and world patch for Gothic I - 23.09.2006 | 14:45

The long waiting was worth it: Freddy published a beta version of his texture patch for Gothic. The old, low resolution textures are replaced by new, high resolution textures, that were created using Gothic II textures as a base, as well as completely new textures. To retain the large concept of the graphics style of Gothic I, a full re-texturing was done at the same time. One does not feel transfered in another game, but sees the same one „only” in a newer form.

Because the version of the patch is a beta version, it is natural that a few unfinished things (i.e. not all the textures were renewed) still exist. More information in the lower release thread link. A final version of the patch will be published approximately at the end of October. With the current version, time can be spent with until Gothic 3 is released.

A large plus for the patch is, that it isn’t necessary to play the game from the begining, to have the enjoyment of the new textures and it is also possible to play modifications because there is full compatibility. There are some pictures from the game with the new textures, in the announcement thread, shwoing the patch at work.

In addition there is another patch that fixes some mistakes in the world of Gothic I. For example, the unsightly box, over the swamp, was removed. At the moment, there is another small bow in the tunnel under the fog tower, at which work just started. Additional information in the thread below linked.

Update:

The bow in the world patch is removed now and the new version is available. Who has the old version, no doubt needs to download the new patch, install and continue to play.

In addition it gives in the release thread new comparison pictures with old textures vs. new ones.

Links to the topic:

- Download patch
    - Announcement thread for the texture patch
    - Release thread for the patch

Comments (14 comments) | written by Amalor

Here is what the download page looks like in english (in case it's of any help to anyone):

All downloads

Please swich off any firewalls and download managers in order for the download or the transmission of the package to go smoothly. You could download by right-clicking on a link and selecting „Save as...”
    Index

Gothic
    Mods » Freddy's texture patch
    Patches
    Demos
    Videos
    Editing
    Other
    Music

Gothic II
    Videos
    Music
    Other
    Demos
    Patches
    Editing
    Mods

Gothic III
    Videos
    Music

Freddy's texture patch
    Upload date ......................................... 23.09.2006
    Uploader ............................................. Fizzban
    Autor .................................................. Freddy
    Views ................................................. 2817
    Description
    Freddy's texture patch 0.8 BETA

File: Textures_Patch_Freddy-0.8.exe
    With this patch Gothic 1 receives up-to-date graphics. Gothic 1 textures were changed with high-resolution Gothic 2 and/or adapted textures.

The graphic style of Gothic 1 and thus also the atmosphere was maintained.

Important: This is a beta version. That means it that not all textures were not changed and/or some textures are not yet in their final status. Above all, textures in the temple are missing, i.e. the original Gothic 1 texture is in place.

To benefit from this patch, there isn’t a necessity to start a new game.

World patch 1.0

File: Worlds_Patch_Freddy-1.0.exe

This patch repairs some errors in the upper world of Gothic 1:

• Removes the swamp portal (the box over the swamp, which looked rather unpleasant and led to missing water in a place);
    • Texture errors with Gravo at the water repaired;
    • Textured forest roofs;
    • Planted threes right beside the temple’s free area in the swamp camp.

To benefit from this patch you have to starte a new game.

Both patches are fully compatible with Gothic 1 modifications.

Screenshots (click to increase)
    no screenshots available...
    Files
    ..........File (download)..........|DL time (85KB/s)|Size....|.Traffic|Downloads
    Textures_Patch_Freddy-0.8.exe 5min, 50sec ...........29 MB... 48.3 GB 1704
    worlds_patch_freddy-1.01.exe ..2min, 2sec .............10.1 MB 10.7 GB 1087
    Total: 2 files .........................7min, 52sec ............39.1 MB 59 GB ...2791

Note:
    If a download doesn’t work, please inform us using the specified URL. Sometimes it can last some time until the download starts (~ 15 seconds). Thus always please wait some time, before you announce a broken link. You can also use one of the mirrors.

To all webmasters:
    The webmaster requests of you, that you won’t link this page and not the download one. Otherwise very high traffic costs would result for us from the illegal direct linking to us. The direct link can be criminally pursued.

PowerDownload v3.0.3 © 2001-2002 by PowerScripts
    Building Stronger Communities Blog - Bringing people closer together trough the power of words!
    Geändert von eXecutioner (24.09.2006 um 15:28 Uhr) Grund: Further infromation added, small corrections made.

15. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #15
    banned

ruler_of_darknes ist offline

im little confused

freedy could you please explain me what the WORLDS patch does? thats that was all

16. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #16

Freddy ist offline
    I am happy that you like it.
    Zitat Zitat von eXecutioner Beitrag anzeigen
    Do you have a project you want to attend now that you almost finished this texture patch or you just want to sit by at the swamp camp and smoke some swamp weed?
    Just sitting there and smoking weed is a great idea. But "unfortunatly" I have several other projects like Khorana and Darken Brood.

@TripaV:
    This shouldn't happen. I tested it with "Die Bedrohung". Uninstall the worldpatch then it should work. I will test it with Golden Mod too.

@ruler_of_darknes:
    I wrote it at the first post
    This patch fixes some things
    - swamp portal removed (It looks not very good and caused the error of missing water when hunting the bloodflies)
    - Missing ground texture near Gravo fixed
    - some trees planted at the right of the temple at the swamp camp

17. Beiträge anzeigen #17

eXecutioner ist offline
    I had a little problem with the game after installing both patches. The game froze and I had to exit via ALT-CTRL-DEL. I don't know if it's because of one of the patches or because of the game. My game version is 1.08k (no other modifications or aditional programs installed).

Edit:

Again today I had the same problem, but I needed to restart the computer. It's a bit annoying that I have to save every 5 meters or so.
    Geändert von eXecutioner (07.10.2006 um 09:11 Uhr)

18. Beiträge anzeigen #18
    Knight Commander

Petyamester ist offline
    Great work, i'll try it now. I hope it works with my ripped G1 version too.
    Edit: yep, it worked! It's like a new game now. Gratz!
    Geändert von Petyamester (07.10.2006 um 12:37 Uhr)

19. Beiträge anzeigen #19
    Ranger Avatar von Shadow Lord

Shadow Lord ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von eXecutioner Beitrag anzeigen
    I had a little problem with the game after installing both patches. The game froze and I had to exit via ALT-CTRL-DEL. I don't know if it's because of one of the patches or because of the game. My game version is 1.08k (no other modifications or aditional programs installed).

Edit:

Again today I had the same problem, but I needed to restart the computer. It's a bit annoying that I have to save every 5 meters or so.

Yes i have that problem too

20. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #20

Freddy ist offline
    Unfortunately current drivers don't support Gothic very good. If you have a Nvidia graphics card Geforce 4 Ti oder older, then use Detonator 45.23. The higher resoluted textures stress the engine more. Quit all programs you don't need to play (firewall, anti virus, ICQ...).

You may uninstall the world patch.

Seite 1 von 2 12 Letzte »