Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Seite 7 von 7 « Erste ... 34567
Ergebnis 121 bis 138 von 138
  1. #121 Zitieren
    Fighter Avatar von AshleyG
    Seems good to me.
    Biggest reason for me not to play an rpg: autoscalling of enemies. Risen 3 doesn't have that. Check.
    It looks like a games in which world you want to get in every evening after school or work.

About some details such as a ship that doesn't move, they might be working on it at that moment.
    Since they spent time on climbing and swimming maybe they also have the budget for those details.

But even if every thing isn't perfect it doesn't matter. Just as long as the world isn't full of stiff npc's that don't move and look straight in your soul.
    AshleyG ist offline

2. #122 Zitieren
    Warrior
    Yeah, those moving dynamic shadows look terrible when the camera is static. Risen 2 and Skyrim suffered from this, too. I wonder how it is handled in Cryengine 3 or UE 4.
    rotator ist offline

3. #123 Zitieren
    World of Elex  Avatar von Ravenhearth
    Ravenhearth ist offline

4. #124 Zitieren
    Sword Master Avatar von UR1Z13L
    Being followed by a green guy all the time sure is anoying... I dont know why that horrible green outline is needed.
    Also it kinda feels out of place when you are killing scavengers, gattering plants, talking to random guys, sneaking arount and there he is random Mendoza zombie guy just following you around like a brainles monkey.
    If he is part of the story or quest of somekind, i think it would be better if they made him like Zoltan Kulle from Diablo 3, just poping in from time to time making random dialogue or comments, making stuff and dissapearing again.
    UR1Z13L ist offline Geändert von UR1Z13L (29.05.2014 um 10:34 Uhr)

5. #125 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von Andante
    Well in terms of graphics the game is obviously outdated, I expected a whole lot from a 2014 game.
    Landscape and level design seems a bit more inspired than Risen 2, the world is more dense, but in general the game-world doesn't feel "real" and "connected" .
    NPC's look very generic, talking gnomes as well as that Mendoza "ghost" that follows you around look ridiculous (we're not 7 years old anymore...), they completely spoil the atmosphere. Combat system looks a lot like Arcania.

In general the game looks more like a Risen 2 expansion rather than a new game.
    Andante ist offline

6. #126 Zitieren
    Warrior
    Zitat Zitat von Andante Beitrag anzeigen
    Well in terms of graphics the game is obviously outdated, I expected a whole lot from a 2014 game.
    Well, if you want to see a 2014 game with truly outdated graphics and buggy gameplay mechanics, try Watch Dogs - which was made with a $68 million budget.
    rotator ist offline

7. #127 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Zitat Zitat von rotator Beitrag anzeigen
    Well, if you want to see a 2014 game with truly outdated graphics and buggy gameplay mechanics, try Watch Dogs - which was made with a $68 million budget.
    I found gameplay and holy fuck, that game has some pretty friggin awesome animations
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

8. #128 Zitieren
    Warrior
    Zitat Zitat von Maladiq Beitrag anzeigen
    I found gameplay and holy fuck, that game has some pretty friggin awesome animations
    Most of them lifted directly from Assassin's Creed.
    rotator ist offline

9. #129 Zitieren
    Ravenhearth ist offline

10. #130 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von catalinux
    I see in #005 video that actually you can not climb a ladder, you are just magically teleported to the other side of the ladder. Anyone else bothered by this kind of approach?
    catalinux ist offline

11. #131 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von Forward
    Actually level design looks okay... not to linear. very bright colors... ouch! shadows are bad... and the combat is childish (unrealistic and looks like dragon ball z or something like that) and not very challenging.
    but I think ill agree it looks much better than risen2.
    is Mendoza going to help the hero from start to finish?
    Forward ist offline

12. #132 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von SacredGamer
    Combat and other elements remind me for Fable 2
    SacredGamer ist offline

13. #133 Zitieren
    Apprentice
    For me , the only problems are the inventory which get you out form the game and the free camera that makes you select another target durring a fight.
    sterea16 ist offline

14. #134 Zitieren
    Dragonslayer Avatar von Powaz
    Companions should be limited to certain quests.

EDIT: also regarding Mendoza, he does not only not look anything like in Risen, but his personality judging from these previews has also changed. "Kobolds are misunderstood beings..", what the hell? Where's that menacing and rigorous fanatic, who would have used anything as a means to save humanity?

Dying must have humbled him. And made him awfully boring.

There goes another well-written Risen character. First it was Eldric and now Mendoza.
    Powaz ist offline Geändert von Powaz (30.05.2014 um 23:56 Uhr)

15. #135 Zitieren
    Ravenhearth ist offline

16. #136 Zitieren
    Warrior
    Finally! Characters are veeery nice! Good job!
    rotator ist offline

17. #137 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von Forward
    actually it looks very nice... still not a fan of that weird combat system, though it looks a little bit polished here.
    Forward ist offline

18. #138 Zitieren
    Knight Commander Avatar von Demonium
    1. Video is in German...i guess the game is going to be released only in Berlin...Obviously I had to mute the sound.

2. Combat vs skeletons looks ok, although they attack you one by one and i hate how during the power attack the hands glow with that red effect.
    Combat vs monsters look like a click fest...Generally i would like to see a more strategic combat, proper timing between attacks...Risen 1 combat looked better.

3. Graphics look decent some times, but they also look a bit too colourful for my taste and too bright and over saturated. That dragonsnapper looks like a clown with all those different vivid colours
    Still the ugliest thing in that game are the NPCs...IMO they look plain horrible.

4. I can see frame drops during night and specially during that lava scene...

5. I think after the mediocre combat and the ugly looking NPCs, the worst of all is the landscape/level design. Its plain horrible. Even amateur artists would do better.
    Cities dont remind cities. Just a bunch of bad placed buildings on a random platform...Landscape is very unrealistic and tube like...

6. And last thing...God, tell me a good reason why Mendoza corpse is following you everywhere...Even the wildest and most amazing story wouldnt convince me for that horrible gameplay choice...

Thats all with the bashing...I am really happy that trees and vegetation dont rotate or scale up and down like in previous games...
    Demonium ist offline

Seite 7 von 7 « Erste ... 34567