Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Seite 6 von 7 « Erste ... 234567 Letzte »
Ergebnis 101 bis 120 von 138
  1. #101 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von Morgannin09
    So far the mountains seem to take up most of the landscape again. As I've stated before, the landscape of Risen 2 was only remotely opened up at landmark locations, like settlements, beaches and major quest locations. Between these locations were pathways snaking through mountains. This seems to be exactly the case all over again.

I do like how Mendoza started sneaking as the player did. Something like that has been missing since day one, all the way back in Gothic, but it's never really been a problem since NPC's don't react to your followers the same way they do to you. Still, the fact that they bothered to is a good sign for their motivations.

Interesting how the gnome yaps at the player when he enters the storehouse, but doesn't get riled up like everyone else. I guess gnomes, the thieving bastards they are, may actually enjoy seeing how the player pulls off a heist.

Anyone following you will immediately move out of your way if you move toward them. Nice touch, because in most games it's very hard to get NPC's to move out of your way.

I like that they added snoring and other ambient noises for sleeping characters, but the current sound samples are far too annoying and anyone who breathes like that in their sleep is probably dying.

Faces seem more varied and detailed by hand. I can understand what everyone says about the skin, it all looks like tanned leather, but maybe (unlikely) it's because all these people live on a tropical island. Facial animations are improved a lot over Risen 2. Eyes and eyebrows move more realistically and lips seem synced properly with dialog. Not sure if this will remain true in translated versions of the game.

Baker didn't seem to have a problem with the player going through his stuff. Guess he's just a very trusting guy...

At 16:40, he's trying to get Baker to teach him Silver Tongue, if I'm not mistaken. It looks like it has two attribute requirements: influence and cunning. Interesting feature... a skill having multiple attributes as a prerequisite. Or am I mistaken? It may actually be that he's trying to persuade Baker, and those are requirements to do so? I can't really tell. Could a kind German fellow lend a hand here?

Objects with physics? In Gothic 3 you could kick corpses around for a moment before their physics got deactivated, but this is the first time in any PB game that I've seen object physics react to the player stepping on them.
    YouTube channel for Let's Plays and shenanigans: https://www.youtube.com/c/Morgannin
    Morgannin09 ist offline

2. #102 Zitieren
    Adventurer Avatar von Misanthrope
    Zitat Zitat von Demonium Beitrag anzeigen
    There is no foliage pop up and you can see in the first video some good lod management...Trees and mountains dont look too blurry or very low res...
    Agreed. It is the distant landscape I had in mind. Nothing too interenting to see on the horizon. No ruins or towers to make you walk off the path and explore. Nothing unique to attrack attention (except for those strange events in the sky). All I see is a next damn rock and a very narrow path in between, which will eventualy lead to linear gameplay, but that's another story. There are some promising screenshots heer on WoR, though.

Also in the second video, I liked how the game looks and is actualy playable at night, especialy with the torches lighting the path.
    I had a habit to just 'sleep unitil next morning' as soon as the night falls, but it seem to be inspiring to actualy play during the nighttime.

Zitat Zitat von Maladiq Beitrag anzeigen
    - The air distortions above flames are too powerful.
    As they've been since G3. I even find flame effects kind of better now.
    Misanthrope ist offline

3. #103 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Zitat Zitat von Morgannin09 Beitrag anzeigen
    I do like how Mendoza started sneaking as the player did. Something like that has been missing since day one, all the way back in Gothic, but it's never really been a problem since NPC's don't react to your followers the same way they do to you. Still, the fact that they bothered to is a good sign for their motivations.

Faces seem more varied and detailed by hand. I can understand what everyone says about the skin, it all looks like tanned leather, but maybe (unlikely) it's because all these people live on a tropical island. Facial animations are improved a lot over Risen 2. Eyes and eyebrows move more realistically and lips seem synced properly with dialog. Not sure if this will remain true in translated versions of the game.
    1. Sure, nice feature, but Mendoza is a ghost, he doesn't need so sneak. And how come nobody asks you why you have a ghost buddy?

2. Yes, tropical island indeed, but the tan looks fake, it is orange, as if it were sprayed, not achieved through repeated sun burns.
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

4. #104 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von The Ore Baron
    Quickly played around with PhotoShop.

Original: http://i.imgur.com/Rnqo8Ah.jpg
    Edited: http://i.imgur.com/nAepWE6.jpg

Like Misanthrope said, the colours are over-saturated. I think a colder colour palette looks better.
    The Ore Baron ist offline Geändert von The Ore Baron (25.05.2014 um 00:28 Uhr)

5. #105 Zitieren
    Knight Commander Avatar von Demonium
    Zitat Zitat von The Ore Baron Beitrag anzeigen

Like Misanthrope said, the colours are over-saturated. I think a colder colour palette looks better.
    Perhaps the video is edited and over saturated...Because even in the screenshots, it doesnt look like that...
    But if the game is oversaturated like that, then sure thing is, Piranhas love Samsungs Super Amoled screens...
    Demonium ist offline

6. #106 Zitieren
    Apprentice
    Here are my impressions :

- low res on some textures
    - This Mendoza didn't remind me of the one from Risen 1( like you did with the hero risen 1---> risen 2, i know the time can change things but not like that much)
    - annoying ambient sounds from thunder because it's too often
    - - - INVENTORY EXIT the player from the game. it's like you push him outside of his world in something which not exist. very embarrassing
    - few npcs on that harbor
    Good sthings:
    + + BETTER animations on all things from FIGHT to FACIAL ANIMATION. Well done Piranha, you did it!
    + nice graphics , nice water , looks like you got it from assassin's creed blackflag !
    + much more details (ex: i was very impressed to see how the hero can push those skulls one on each others and produce sound)
    + nice combat , nice AI
    + npcs react from sneaking around
    + many types of monsters and animals
    + nice soundtrack , i love the one from the start menu!
    + all of those npcs looks very different

For me, it looks like a colorful game with a dark atmosphere. I think i will enjoy it more than Risen 1!
    sterea16 ist offline

7. #107 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Wow, really nice. Though I don't mind the oversaturated everything, just the faces. I actually love how the rest looks.
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

8. #108 Zitieren
    Apprentice
    I really like the colours , i don't have a problem with them :P .
    sterea16 ist offline

9. #109 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von SacredGamer
    Seems the inventory was lifted was Risen 2.
    I dont like the look, for those that played R2 how was it?
    SacredGamer ist offline

10. #110 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von SlamDunk
    Zitat Zitat von sterea16 Beitrag anzeigen
    I really like the colours , i don't have a problem with them :P .
    What panel your monitor has and is it properly calibrated?
    SlamDunk ist offline

11. #111 Zitieren
    Lehrling Avatar von Skazzy

Nice and sensible job you have done; those cold tones should have been in the final game imo.

Just saw the 3rd preview of the beta, and also have read all your comments and have to agree with almost all of them.
    The negatives:
    - the color palette consists with very much vivid/warm colors, many textures tend to be oversaturrated (armors, plants, creatures). It's a further step way ahead from the gloomy, almost all the time "earthy" colors from previous Gothic games. Wasn't a big fan of those colors, but at least they were comfortable to look at.
    - water seen in the first video, from above, looks very unnatural, just like a blue gelatine; from the 2nd video, seen from the same level it looks familiar with previous titles-decent.
    - really wish PB returned to the good ol' Risen 1 UI/inventory, it's unified and easy to manage but it lacks in player immersion.
    - very low textures for a 2014 game; even the heroe's armour is low texture; the same goes for NPC's faces, strange looking.
    - animations and lots of textures are recycled from 2nd Risen.
    The positives:
    - return of the "classic" magic; also loved the animations of the generic NPC - Kadett practicing it!
    - combat seemed to be exciting and the opponents pretty challenging (hope that the "glowing hand" is a n00b feature and can be deactivated)
    - gnomes are the cherries on top of the cake, like the way they evolved and their textures, animations.
    - collectible weapons? (hope that there are also recipes for special weapons and also pieces of artifacts)
    Skazzy ist offline

12. #112 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von The Ore Baron
    There's a third video already? I can't seem to find it.
    The Ore Baron ist offline

13. #113 Zitieren
    Lehrling Avatar von Skazzy
    Skazzy ist offline

14. #114 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von Forward
    This is so... bjoernish game! this fighting system is diabloish, jumping around like crazy (not to my taste). no emotional attachment to places, no feeling of danger, no need to use your brain anymore.
    but that's okay with me though, changing your style, making games for the kids.
    Just be honest, I mean... come on... "back to the roots"? really? you need my money that bad? except that nameless hero looking like a young Mike Hoge I don't see any similarities here.
    Forward ist offline

15. #115 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von Morgannin09
    Zitat Zitat von Forward Beitrag anzeigen
    this fighting system is diabloish,
    I've said it a few times already, but the combat system reminds me more of The Witcher 2 than anything else. Emphasis on roll-dodging and hit-and-runs.
    YouTube channel for Let's Plays and shenanigans: https://www.youtube.com/c/Morgannin
    Morgannin09 ist offline

16. #116 Zitieren
    Rookie Avatar von aminhamidi
    Player Headtracking is just AWESOME.It increases Immersion a lot.
    aminhamidi ist offline

17. #117 Zitieren
    World of Elex  Avatar von Ravenhearth
    Ravenhearth ist offline

18. #118 Zitieren
    Dragonslayer Avatar von Powaz
    So the Risen 2 design flaws are here to stay.
    Powaz ist offline

19. #119 Zitieren
    Apprentice
    After the 3rd part of that preview i decided to stop watching the next one. I don't want to get spoilers, like some hidden caves, or items . This game looks very good for me , better than Risen 1. The most annoying thing is the inventory. I hate that blackscreen , it's like you get me out from your detailed world. Please remove it until realise , just let the menu appears in game while i see what's around.
    sterea16 ist offline

20. #120 Zitieren
    Apprentice
    Zitat Zitat von sterea16 Beitrag anzeigen
    After the 3rd part of that preview i decided to stop watching the next one. I don't want to get spoilers, like some hidden caves, or items . This game looks very good for me , better than Risen 1. The most annoying thing is the inventory. I hate that blackscreen , it's like you get me out from your detailed world. Please remove it until realise , just let the menu appears in game while i see what's around.
    I wish I can say the same. I feel like I dont want to wach anything but something drows me to it and cant stop. I have been waiting long for Gothic 2-like release and this apears to be it.
    Just few things that I wish will be fixed is time-laps shadows and camera shaking in fight mode, it looks like sometimes it doesnt shake, weird. Maybe its a small bug.
    ismarhadzia ist offline

Seite 6 von 7 « Erste ... 234567 Letzte »