Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Seite 2 von 7 « Erste 123456 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 21 bis 40 von 138
  1. #21 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von Forward
    this game is ajoke! the fighting system is... and tubular level design again.
    anybody said "back to the roots"?
    enjoy your game risen fans
    RIP gothic...
    Forward ist offline

2. #22 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Zitat Zitat von Roleplayer Beitrag anzeigen
    I'd rather say it more likely to be the last PB game at all.

Lol, nice sig, I actually lol'd
    Zitat Zitat von Forward Beitrag anzeigen
    this game is ajoke! the fighting system is... and tubular level design again.
    anybody said "back to the roots"?
    enjoy your game risen fans
    RIP gothic...
    Don't be quick to judge on the combat system. The CS of R1 seemed like crap in the first gameplay videos, yet it was their best.
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

3. #23 Zitieren
    Schwertmeister Avatar von warstrike
    I am curious after Risen3 has been released, if their Gothic games sold better than Risen games.
    warstrike ist offline

4. #24 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von Morgannin09
    Zitat Zitat von ravenhearth Beitrag anzeigen
    Risen 3 will definitely be the last game from the franchise.
    Did this fact come from the video? Could you tell me who said that and as close to an accurate English translation as you can get? I just want to have the facts straight when I cover this in my next video.
    YouTube channel for Let's Plays and shenanigans: https://www.youtube.com/c/Morgannin
    Morgannin09 ist offline

5. #25 Zitieren
    World of Elex  Avatar von Ravenhearth
    Zitat Zitat von Morgannin09 Beitrag anzeigen
    Did this fact come from the video? Could you tell me who said that and as close to an accurate English translation as you can get? I just want to have the facts straight when I cover this in my next video.
    Björn Pankratz, Project Manager for Risen 2 as well as Risen 3 (at PB since 1999), Gamedesigner and Storywriter, said on stage at the RPC (video): "2009 haben wir die Risen-Reihe angefangen, die wir jetzt hier mit dem dritten Teil abschließen werden." which translates to "In 2009 we startet the Risen series, which we will conclude now with the third game."
    Ravenhearth ist offline

6. #26 Zitieren
    Björn Pankratz, Project Manager for Risen 2 as well as Risen 3 (at PB since 1999), Gamedesigner and Storywriter, said on stage at the RPC (video): "2009 haben wir die Risen-Reihe angefangen, die wir jetzt hier mit dem dritten Teil abschließen werden." which translates to "In 2009 we startet the Risen series, which we will conclude now with the third game."
    Thanks a lot!
    YouTube channel for Let's Plays and shenanigans: https://www.youtube.com/c/Morgannin
    Morgannin09 ist offline

7. #27 Zitieren
    Adventurer Avatar von Misanthrope
    Edit: Piranha Bytes' presentation at the rpc (not the video announced by DS):
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=628649977223487
    or
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_im...ature=youtu.be
    Could someone be kind enough to summarize this in English?
    Misanthrope ist offline

8. #28 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von catalinux
    After seeing the RPC 2014 Risen 3 presentation, I'm sorry to say that I will not buy and obvious play Risen 3 because I can't get used with the game camera system and movement-fighting controls (similar to the one used in Risen 2).

On the good side, I liked how they made the magic casting - like coming directly from your hand. The armors are nice, too. On the whole, the game seems "darker" enough.

Now that they announced that Risen 3 is the last from Risen, some will speculate that they will make a long-awaited new Gothic game. If so, maybe they will come to their senses and realize that a simple FPS camera is best for a RPG adventure game. If else... I don't care anymore.

Seriously, was anyone able to play Risen 2 with those horrible camera system and movement/combat controls?
    catalinux ist offline

9. #29 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von catalinux Beitrag anzeigen
    Seriously, was anyone able to play Risen 2 with those horrible camera system and movement/combat controls?
    Yes, actually. I seriously was. Having played all Gothics and the first Risen very thoroughly, I can honestly say I never complained about the camera in Risen 2. I don't like it as much as the old system, but everyone is talking about it like they absolutely f***ed it up. I seriously never had a major problem with it, as I've played several RPG's with the same camera system, although those games did it better, in terms of targeting objects and such. I cannot fathom how it's such a huge issue for almost everybody here. I can understand if people are miffed, since the fixed camera was nicer, but this seems to be a defining factor for so many people on whether or not they'll even bother with the game, and it surprises me.
    Morgannin09 ist offline

10. #30 Zitieren
    Warrior
    Not only I was able to play it, but I had a great time doing that. I've met a lot of games with horrible camera, but Risen 2 was definitely not one of them.

By FPS camera you mean the fixed camera behind the hero or first person view? Because the latter is unplayable for me, that's why Kingdom Come is not on my waiting list.
    rotator ist offline

11. #31 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von SlamDunk
    I had no problems at all. But I needed to do a bit of tweaking first: disabled mouse smoothing and greatly increased Y-axis sensitivity. After those tweaks, controlling the character was fast and snappy, just the way I like it.
    SlamDunk ist offline

12. #32 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    As long as the focus is on the player's PoV and not on the character's PoV, everything is tolerable.
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

13. #33 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von Maladiq Beitrag anzeigen
    As long as the focus is on the player's PoV and not on the character's PoV, everything is tolerable.
    This, I can agree with. Foobar has been lamenting the object focus since long before Risen 2's release, and I've yet to really see in any gameplay footage if they fixed the focus onto the camera instead of the character. Hopefully they have.

As far as a game like Kingdom Come goes, I can't imagine playing it any other way besides first person. I hate playing Chivalry in 3rd person because it's so much more fun and precise in first person. Kingdom Come's combat system absolutely requires it, by the looks of things.
    If your problem, rotator, is getting motion sickness from first person view, you should try adjusting the field of view. Most PC-optimized FPS games have an FOV slider in the options, and even those that don't often have user mods to adjust it. TotalBiscuit on YouTube has often stated that, on a 16:9 monitor, he gets motion sickness playing any FPS with a field of view below 90.
    Morgannin09 ist offline

14. #34 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von SlamDunk
    Zitat Zitat von Misanthrope Beitrag anzeigen
    Could someone be kind enough to summarize this in English?
    -last game of the Risen series
    -complete freedom: go where you want from the beginning
    -setting: the gods are gone, titans fight each other, the humans try to survive
    -new hero
    -3 guilds: Mages, Watchers, ???
    -hero has lost his soul in a fight with a shadow lord and tries to get it back to avoid getting a henchman of the underworld
    -the hero seeks help from the mages
    -the mages try to fight the titans by building a reactor with crystals
    -the gnomes help mining the crystals
    -combat system: blocking, counter-attacks and evade moves are possible
    -blocking/dogging doesn't always work
    -you have to learn fighting strategies for different enemies, build up skills, equip yourself
    -Risen 3 = best things from Risen & Gothic series
    -nonlinear story and exploring, much freedom -> seek your own adventure
    -more world interactivity than in earlier games
    -swimming and climbing is back
    -no monster scaling -> exploring is dangerous
    -different climate zones/landscapes
    -many interesting/hidden locations to find
    -many weapons, items to find
    -lure animals to enemies
    -adventure with companions
    -multiple pathes/solutions to solve quests
    -quests to reach locked/blocked areas
    -the hero can do some mining
    -release date: 15.08.2014
    Source: http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showp...6&postcount=43
    SlamDunk ist offline

15. #35 Zitieren
    World of Elex  Avatar von Ravenhearth
    Mages and Guardians are one faction, the other is the Inquisition. I suppose the third faction are the pirates.
    Ravenhearth ist offline

16. #36 Zitieren
    Schwertmeister Avatar von warstrike
    Cool,thanks for the info
    warstrike ist offline

17. #37 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von SacredGamer
    For a game thats due to launch in 3 months, there whole strategy for promotion is very questionable.

Cant say Im impressed by the CGI trailer, I'd rather see Gameplay.

Skipped Risen 2, didnt looked interesting what so ever.
    Need to get back to Risen 1, never finished due to save corruption.

Hope to get Risen 3, sounds better than Risen 2 thats for sure.

Also are there no hands on impressions? I thought I read it was playable at RPC?
    SacredGamer ist offline Geändert von SacredGamer (15.05.2014 um 20:52 Uhr)

18. #38 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von SacredGamer Beitrag anzeigen
    Also are there no hands on impressions? I thought I read it was playable at RPC?
    There are plenty, popping out once in a while. This thread already has a few bullet points from other players.
    Morgannin09 ist offline

19. #39 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von Dez
    I hate to be a downer, but an english preview or an interview wouldn't hurt...

I really appreciate every small bit you guys translate for us though
    Dez ist offline

20. #40 Zitieren
    No kidding. Risen 2 had far more previews in English, but this is hardly getting a passing mention. I don't know how they expect Risen 3 to sell any better when nobody's even hearing about it.
    Morgannin09 ist offline

Seite 2 von 7 « Erste 123456 ... Letzte »