Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Seite 1 von 2 12 Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 28
  1. #1 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    As you may or may not be aware, DS and PB have put World of Risen to the task of releasing a new entry every 2 weeks, each concerning a monster from the upcoming Risen 3: Titan Lords. What do you thing of the first 2 beasts?

Hell Hound
    Lava Golem

They remind me of the blood hound and fire golem from Gothic 1.

[Bild: Bluthund.jpg][Bild: feuergolem.jpg]
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline Geändert von Maladiq (08.05.2014 um 15:18 Uhr)

2. #2 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von Andante
    They look very good and promising , obviously they are Gothic inspired.

I would just like to address that there seems to be a huge difference between the type of monsters we have encountered throughout each Risen episode, I feel there is some inconsistency here. The 3 Risen games feel like separate stories rather than a coherent trilogy taking part in the same universe.
    Andante ist offline

3. #3 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von The Ore Baron
    Zitat Zitat von Andante Beitrag anzeigen
    I would just like to address that there seems to be a huge difference between the type of monsters we have encountered throughout each Risen episode, I feel there is some inconsistency here.
    I guess that can be handwaved away by the argument of visiting different islands in the new game, but yeah, I would like to see some consistency between the fauna in the Risen series. Hey, at least both Risen games had boars

I'd also like to know why the ghoul design changed between Risen and Risen 2... I don't suppose there's a very interesting in-lore explanation, though.

As far as the new monsters go, I think it's too early to say they are Gothic-inspired, at least until we get the Scavenger bestiary entry. Demonic dogs and elemental golems are popular enemies in video games, and not only RPGs.
    If anything, I'd say the Hellhounds are inspired by demonic dog enemies in Prince of Persia: Warrior Within, the Spike Beasts: http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...SpikeBeast.jpg
    Or the Skags from the Borderlands series: http://www.creativeuncut.com/gallery-12/art/bl-skag.jpg
    Or the Stalkers, as seen in Dead Space 2: http://th08.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/...57-d5x3drf.png
    Or the Undead Attack Dogs you fight in Dark Souls: http://darksouls.wiki.fextralife.com...24/Img0071.jpg
    Or maybe the F.3.A.R. equivalent, the Scavengers: http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...reen012-1-.jpg
    Or the Ogmas from Chaos Legion: http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2.../e5/Ogma-1.jpg
    And so on. It's a popular critter type

I hope the bestiary will include some yet unseen enemies that were not already revealed in promotional screenshots. I, for one, would like to see some dinosaur-like enemies, which Gothic series has plenty of
    The Ore Baron ist offline Geändert von The Ore Baron (27.04.2014 um 17:14 Uhr)

4. #4 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Zitat Zitat von The Ore Baron Beitrag anzeigen
    I, for one, would like to see some dinosaur-like enemies, which Gothic series has plenty of
    I just miss Gothic so much...
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

5. #5 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von Maladiq Beitrag anzeigen
    I just miss Gothic so much...
    Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yag41F7eCLU
    The Ore Baron ist offline

6. #6 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    That would be a wonderful track for a tribute to the Gothic series (1, 2 and 3).

With Bryan Cranston reciting this in the beginning over images of dead paladins (g3) and the devastated VoM from G2...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU-PXfzsj4o
    Maladiq ist offline

7. #7 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von Morgannin09
    I'd also like to know why the ghoul design changed between Risen and Risen 2... I don't suppose there's a very interesting in-lore explanation, though.
    The ghouls in the first Risen had no explanation at all. They just kind of existed. However, the ghouls in Risen 2 were supposed to have been the spawns of ancient voodoo priests, which explains their appearance.
    YouTube channel for Let's Plays and shenanigans: https://www.youtube.com/c/Morgannin
    Morgannin09 ist offline

8. #8 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von Morgannin09 Beitrag anzeigen
    The ghouls in the first Risen had no explanation at all. They just kind of existed. However, the ghouls in Risen 2 were supposed to have been the spawns of ancient voodoo priests, which explains their appearance.
    Different creatures, maybe? Identical names might be a translation error.

9. #9 Zitieren
    Different creatures, maybe? Identical names might be a translation error.
    Or it could just be that Ghouls is a very generic name for a monster fitting both their descriptions, so it's used in a ubiquitous manner.
    YouTube channel for Let's Plays and shenanigans: https://www.youtube.com/c/Morgannin
    Morgannin09 ist offline

10. #10 Zitieren
    Local Hero Avatar von Delicieuxz
    Where's the new bestiary addition for this week?
    Delicieuxz ist offline

11. #11 Zitieren

Metasyntaktische Variable
    Zitat Zitat von Delicieuxz Beitrag anzeigen
    Where's the new bestiary addition for this week?
    Who said there would be weekly additions?

Feeling a bit masochistic and want to read more of my diatribes? Check out Foobar's Rantpage.

foobar erklärt die Welt der Informatik: Was ist ein Zeichensatz?Was ist die 32Bit-Grenze?Warum sind Speicheroptimierer Unsinn?Wie teste ich meinen RAM?Was ist HDR?Was ist Tesselation?Warum haben wir ein Urheberrecht?Partitionieren mit MBR oder GPT?Was hat es mit dem m.2-Format auf sich?Warum soll ich meine SSD nicht zum Anschlag befüllen?Wer hat an der MTU gedreht?UEFI oder BIOS Boot?Was muss man über Virenscanner wissen?Defragmentieren sinnvoll?Warum ist bei CCleaner & Co. Vorsicht angesagt?Was hat es mit 4Kn bei Festplatten auf sich?Was ist Bitrot?Was sind die historischen Hintergründe zur (nicht immer optimalen) Sicherheit von Windows?Wie kann ich Datenträger sicher löschen?Was muss ich bzgl. Smartphone-Sicherheit wissen?Warum sind Y-Kabel für USB oft keine gute Idee?Warum sind lange Passwörter besser als komplizierte?Wie funktionieren Tintenstrahldrucker-Düsen?Wie wähle ich eine Linux-Distribution für mich aus?Warum ist Linux sicherer als Windows?Sind statische Entladungen bei Elektronik wirklich ein Problem?Wie repariere ich meinen PC-Lüfter?Was ist die MBR-Lücke?Wie funktioniert eine Quarz-Uhr?Was macht der Init-Prozess unter Linux und wie schlimm ist SystemD?Mainboard-Batterie - wann wechseln?Smartphone ohne Google?
    foobar ist offline

12. #12 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von Dez
    Zitat Zitat von Maladiq Beitrag anzeigen
    As you may or may not be aware, DS and PB have put World of Risen to the task of releasing a new entry every week, each concerning a monster from the upcoming Risen 3: Titan Lords.
    Maladiq in this thread?
    Dez ist offline

13. #13 Zitieren

Zitat Zitat von Dez Beitrag anzeigen
    Maladiq in this thread?
    Well, then I suggest you take it up with him. Because the release dates which DS dictated say something else. Maybe he can make up something on his own.

Feeling a bit masochistic and want to read more of my diatribes? Check out Foobar's Rantpage.

foobar erklärt die Welt der Informatik: Was ist ein Zeichensatz?Was ist die 32Bit-Grenze?Warum sind Speicheroptimierer Unsinn?Wie teste ich meinen RAM?Was ist HDR?Was ist Tesselation?Warum haben wir ein Urheberrecht?Partitionieren mit MBR oder GPT?Was hat es mit dem m.2-Format auf sich?Warum soll ich meine SSD nicht zum Anschlag befüllen?Wer hat an der MTU gedreht?UEFI oder BIOS Boot?Was muss man über Virenscanner wissen?Defragmentieren sinnvoll?Warum ist bei CCleaner & Co. Vorsicht angesagt?Was hat es mit 4Kn bei Festplatten auf sich?Was ist Bitrot?Was sind die historischen Hintergründe zur (nicht immer optimalen) Sicherheit von Windows?Wie kann ich Datenträger sicher löschen?Was muss ich bzgl. Smartphone-Sicherheit wissen?Warum sind Y-Kabel für USB oft keine gute Idee?Warum sind lange Passwörter besser als komplizierte?Wie funktionieren Tintenstrahldrucker-Düsen?Wie wähle ich eine Linux-Distribution für mich aus?Warum ist Linux sicherer als Windows?Sind statische Entladungen bei Elektronik wirklich ein Problem?Wie repariere ich meinen PC-Lüfter?Was ist die MBR-Lücke?Wie funktioniert eine Quarz-Uhr?Was macht der Init-Prozess unter Linux und wie schlimm ist SystemD?Mainboard-Batterie - wann wechseln?Smartphone ohne Google?
    foobar ist offline

14. #14 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    My bad, it's every two weeks. Maybe I was drunk, happens a lot lately.
    Maladiq ist offline

15. #15 Zitieren
    Still no update?

EDIT: found it.
    The Ore Baron ist offline Geändert von The Ore Baron (19.05.2014 um 12:54 Uhr)

16. #16 Zitieren
    Even Maladiq has been neglecting the English fans lately
    Morgannin09 ist offline

17. #17 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von Morgannin09 Beitrag anzeigen
    Even Maladiq has been neglecting the English fans lately
    Eh, the bestiary entries are pretty trivial anyway. I wouldn't blame him for not making them a priority.

18. #18 Zitieren
    Auserwählter
    I will try a translation of the spider bestiary entry.

Giant Jungle Spider

Spiders. One shudders with disgust at their very sight. And even the more at the sight of these exponents - the jungle spider with its size of two to three meters bearing its name not without good reason (in the german version it sounds more like the jungle spiders bears its name because it is two to three meters in size, but thats somehow ridiculous). Their motto is: If you are smaller than me, I will prey on you.

Due to their dark coloring and the fact, that these tough beasts dwell in caves, they are often spotted late. Some adventures might say: Too late!

In the spider hierarchy they are ranking superior to the regular jungle spiders, which themselves are nasty beasts.
    In a fight with this vicious beast the hero has to avoid the malicious attacks of their legs.
    Eldred ist offline

19. #19 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von Eldred Beitrag anzeigen
    I will try a translation of the spider bestiary entry.
    Thanks for that.

The spiders seem to be analogues to the cave spiders in Risen 2, then ones that could be found in caves, burrowed underground.

20. #20 Zitieren

We already had the English articles published together with the German one. Just not newsed yet.

foobar ist offline

Seite 1 von 2 12 Letzte »