Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Seite 3 von 8 « Erste 1234567 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 41 bis 60 von 152
  1. #41 Zitieren
    Dragonslayer Avatar von Powaz
    Zitat Zitat von rotator Beitrag anzeigen
    Care to go into details?
    Bjorn says that nowadays making a game without a minimap is uncool, therefore, Risen 3 will have a minimap. Because it's uncool. Jesus.
    Powaz ist offline

2. #42 Zitieren
    Piranha Bytes Avatar von PB_Harry
    Zitat Zitat von Powaz Beitrag anzeigen
    Bjorn says that nowadays making a game without a minimap is uncool, therefore, Risen 3 will have a minimap. Because it's uncool. Jesus.
    ...and you will have the opportunity to turn it off. Cool enough?
    ...da ist die Kuh erstmal vom Eis! - and that's the sound you hear when you really like a girl and find out she has a kid (by Strogenforcer)

Want to know how to break up with your girlfriend? Learn from Mastermind Jon Lajoie. Also if you want to compete with me, find me on the Battlefield . Bro, do u even praise the sun?

Visit our facebook page and get 1.000.000 liters of beer for free!!!111elf (Sorry folks just kidding)
    PB_Harry ist offline

3. #43 Zitieren
    Sure, still what about buying maps from a cartographer? Is the map already give to you or do you have to earn it?
    Powaz ist offline

4. #44 Zitieren
    Warrior
    Zitat Zitat von PB_Harry Beitrag anzeigen
    Indeed cool!
    rotator ist offline

5. #45 Zitieren

Metasyntaktische Variable
    If - and only if - the entire game design (especially the quests) was not made so that it depends on that minimap, then yes. You're off the hook.

But if there's no help from within the game world to find the stuff you are looking for (because it was already shown on the mini- and/or questmap and anything more would just waste previous resources), then:

Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)
    foobar ist gerade online

6. #46 Zitieren
    Kämpfer Avatar von UrukGox
    Sure, still what about buying maps from a cartographer?
    ....or steal the map, or some third option.

Is the map already give to you...

edit:
    False map would be an interesting option... cheaper, or easier to find, but some things are incorrectly drawn.
    everything you ever needed to know about rune magic

-----------------

Do not believe anything they say. Keep your eyes open!
    UrukGox ist offline Geändert von UrukGox (01.03.2014 um 19:04 Uhr)

7. #47 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von Andante
    Why not having the opportunity to steal/earn or buy the map from a cartographer. This would be even more cool...
    Andante ist offline

8. #48 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von Morgannin09
    Zitat Zitat von foobar Beitrag anzeigen
    But if there's no help from within the game world to find the stuff you are looking for (because it was already shown on the mini- and/or questmap and anything more would just waste previous resources), then...
    This. I once turned off quest markers in Skyrim, until I realized that quest dialog literally gives you no directions at all. "You need to find it in Blah Blah Barrow." No telling me what town it's near, what roads to take, what direction to head, what landmarks to look for. Morrowind and all the Gothic games benefited from giving you directions like that to get you to explore and really feel immersed instead of just teleporting to the nearest location and following a line.
    Morgannin09 ist offline

9. #49 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von Andante Beitrag anzeigen
    Why not having the opportunity to steal/earn or buy the map from a cartographer. This would be even more cool...
    From your point of view this might be true but what about other players who arent familiar with this "oldschool" game mechanic? So we did the best we could for both sides.
    ...da ist die Kuh erstmal vom Eis! - and that's the sound you hear when you really like a girl and find out she has a kid (by Strogenforcer)

Want to know how to break up with your girlfriend? Learn from Mastermind Jon Lajoie. Also if you want to compete with me, find me on the Battlefield . Bro, do u even praise the sun?

Visit our facebook page and get 1.000.000 liters of beer for free!!!111elf (Sorry folks just kidding)
    PB_Harry ist offline

10. #50 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von Morgannin09
    From your point of view this might be true but what about other players who arent familiar with this "oldschool" game mechanic? So we did the best we could for both sides.
    It would be pretty simple to just have an NPC tell them that... like they did in Gothic. One of the first characters you run into tells you where to find a map. So does Diego, who most players would probably talk to in the beginning of the game.
    Morgannin09 ist offline

11. #51 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von The Ore Baron
    Where I come from, we call that 'pandering to the casuals'
    The Ore Baron ist offline

12. #52 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von Morgannin09 Beitrag anzeigen
    It would be pretty simple to just have an NPC tell them that... like they did in Gothic. One of the first characters you run into tells you where to find a map. So does Diego, who most players would probably talk to in the beginning of the game.
    In many cases the NPC tells you WHERE you have to go. This mechanic hasn't changed since Gothic. I've never said otherwise. And it's not casual offering the feature of marking the target on your map (and I have to repeat myself - you can turn it off!). As I said in the german forum I'm 32 years old now and when I'm done with work I don't have the time to search hour per hour for the questtarget - I want a quick workaround without asking google. And I'm a pretty oldschool gamer - I'm playing videogames since the 80s.

PB_Harry ist offline

13. #53 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von Forward
    you did the best for both sides with risen 2, and we all know the results.
    Forward ist offline

14. #54 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von Forward Beitrag anzeigen
    you did the best for both sides with risen 2, and we all know the results.
    Yeah right and we're going to develop the exact same game again ... I'm off.

PB_Harry ist offline

15. #55 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von catalinux
    On minimap - usually I dislake such feature. But while playing Risen1, I had the feeling that I cannot move too far to the left or to the right, because the path was blocked by "natural" features of the terrain. Simply put, I was forced to move on an invisible path, already "drawn" by the game designer. And so I had to look to the minimap to follow to road to some place or another, because I could't take a shortcut.
    catalinux ist offline

16. #56 Zitieren

Metasyntaktische Variable
    To be perfectly honest, quest markers on a map are not such a bad thing per se. Let me find/buy/steal a map and then, when some NPC has a quest for me, he can say: "Ok, you have go north, then turn left, then right, then left again. Then follow the... ah, never mind. Let me just show you where it is on your map."

It works. Immersion-wise, I mean. Would be perfect with a corresponding animation (PC pulls out paper, NPC sticks finger on it) but basically, there's no damage to the illusion of a secondary world.

But minimap or quest compass? That could be done better. If you need a generic way finding tool, why not implement something that works from within the game world? Like Venetica, where Scarlet learns a spell which calls a raven that then shows her the way to her destination. Or Skyrim's clairvoyance spell. Or a street urchin that takes you whereever you want to go for a coin or two.
    foobar ist gerade online

17. #57 Zitieren
    Kämpfer Avatar von UrukGox
    Finding maps is an interesting task, imo. It helps to better immerse into game world. I hope that the map will not be only off/on option in the menu.

edit:
    when some NPC has a quest for me, he can say: "Ok, you have go north, then turn left, then right, then left again. Then follow the... ah, never mind. Let me just show you where it is on your map."
    ...or to trick you and direct you into an ambush... maybe as a consequence of some of previous events or reputation. That would be interesting.
    everything you ever needed to know about rune magic

-----------------

Do not believe anything they say. Keep your eyes open!
    UrukGox ist offline Geändert von UrukGox (01.03.2014 um 22:20 Uhr)

18. #58 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Why do I have the feeling that the mysterious mage is Xardas? [Bild: Troll_Chiller05.gif]
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

19. #59 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von Maladiq Beitrag anzeigen
    Why do I have the feeling that the mysterious mage is Xardas? [Bild: Troll_Chiller05.gif]
    What mage?
    Powaz ist offline

20. #60 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    What mage?
    The one which the new hero seeks to help him regain his soul.
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

Seite 3 von 8 « Erste 1234567 ... Letzte »