Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Ergebnis 1 bis 6 von 6
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Rookie

Cogline ist offline

Domination

Hi,

For my 4th playthrough (and my 1st with AB on) i need a little addvice, i plan on being a character focused on melee and ranged combat with a little bit of magic mixed in for healing possibly or just utility spells

I think my strategy will be to get to the point where it costs double LP to increase you skills ASAP. While doing this i will avoid any sort of way that increases your skills without the use of LP so hunting quests alchemy quests AK+ tablets and arena fighting and so on...

So for the first part of the game i'm going to be a little weakling, was just wondering is this viable? And should i waste my intial first 8 levels on getting thieving skills?

I don't like getting Quick learning or whatever that perk is that gives you one extra LP per level, it seems futile and only turns into a profit way after level 35+

Any advice is appriciated though,

p.s.
    I'm playing on hard mode.

Thanks,
    Cogline

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Knight Commander Avatar von TudoracheMG

TudoracheMG ist offline
    Focus on either shield weilding or dual weilding, depending on how good you are at blocking. Only go for two-handed weaponry if you want to get the third level and 400 str for Krush Tarach
    Use bows, not crossbows
    Don't forget to collect all plants that give permanent bonuses and learn how to brew potions with them, it's very worth it
    All in all, it's going to be quite tough at the beginning of the game, unless you're planning to get on top of houses and range enemies down
    You don't really need thieving skills

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Rookie

Cogline ist offline
    Thank you for the quick reply,

I think i'm going to aim for dual weapons, i'm a huge fan of the hashishin, and the desert of gothic 3 so it would be fitting to side with the hashishin and learn there ways of wielding two weapons!

About the thieveing skills, i thought it would be a nice bonus to be able to loot every chest i come along to help me in the earlier stages in the game but is this not necesary then?

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4

TudoracheMG ist offline
    In theory, you *can* get through the game quite fine without those skills; those chests do give you useful items such as potions or ore, but you will have a lot of these at one point so it's pretty unnecessary
    If you want to make money, befriend people from cities and knock them down to take their weapons
    The important chests (heavy and old chests, not sure about solid metal chests) don't require that you have any thieving skills

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5
    Fighter

MikeLitoris ist offline
    Just so you know I played with AB off so I had it a bit easier than you.

I took thieving skill up to 30 pretty early and then learned the skill to take metal chests. You find them quite frequently and its a nice source of gold but I'm not sure is it worth it for you to spend LP since you'll play with AB on. IMO if you go the hunter way and learn to take trophies you won't need metal chests, but if you go melee I think you should learn to take metal chests ASAP.

Also I don't think its very smart to be jack of all trades with AB on. I think its ok to mix 2 classes, with one being dominant but I think that mixing warrior/mage/archer could end up in you being too weak in all roles.

GL HF

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6

TudoracheMG ist offline
    It's quite possible to mix two classes, but that's why I'm telling him to avoid spending skill points on support skills
    If you really want the "improve armour" skill, for example, you could gather smithing points from various sources in the world (including giving all the divine artifacts and choosing the warrior bonus) and then learn it