Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Seite 17 von 21 « Erste ... 610131415161718192021 Letzte »
Ergebnis 321 bis 340 von 402
    Warrior Avatar von The Ore Baron
    This thread is an emotional roller coaster
    The Ore Baron ist offline

World of Elex  Avatar von Ravenhearth
    They don't say the combat is broken. They just say that is has some small problems (companions are a bit too strong, it's not as tactical as other systems like in Dark Souls), but overall it's much better than Risen 2.

And also they write the story isn't thrilling, but it's not necessarily bad, it's just ok.

Other problems are clipping issues (they tested a beta version) and that the whole game feels a bit too well known and similar to the other games from PB, because it's some kind of "best of", according to PB. Graphics are also a bit outdated.

Overall it's a solid game according to Gamestar, with no major problems.
    Ravenhearth ist offline

Metasyntaktische Variable
    Perhaps it should be mentioned that the GameStar magazine does not exactly have a reputation for being overly critical and investigative. Although I have to say that this specific article is somewhere in the general direction of what I expect from the game based on the information available so far: Failures on the narrative layer in contrast to mostly seasoned mechanics without any big innovations or disappointments on the gameplay layer.

Of course, I reserve my final judgement until after I played it.
    foobar ist offline

Warrior Avatar von SlamDunk
    SlamDunk ist offline

Warrior Avatar von SacredGamer
    Sigh deep silver how about you give some English gaming websites a hands on
    SacredGamer ist offline

Zitat Zitat von SacredGamer Beitrag anzeigen
    Sigh deep silver how about you give some English gaming websites a hands on
    In our own defense: We did ask.
    foobar ist offline

Zitat Zitat von foobar Beitrag anzeigen
    In our own defense: We did ask.
    And I'm guessing you got turned down or they never got back to you?

Either way DS promotion is strange, nobody's expecting TV adverts etc but simple things like giving sites the opportunity to get hands on can spread the word, yet they keep limiting it to specific sites. Especially when they had zero presence at the biggest gaming event this year, E3. Which would've gave many press from all over a chance to play maybe not as in depth as game star but still enough to write an article.
    SacredGamer ist offline

Dragonslayer Avatar von Powaz
    All guilds are the same melee/magic hybrid. I hope it is possible to play as pure fighter.
    Powaz ist offline

While the Gamestar magazine said the story is just ok, the PC Games was pleasantly surprised by the story as well as the quests.

Like the Gamestar, the PC Games also criticizes the combat system. It's definitely better than Risen 2, but not perfect.

The thing with the hero's soul is also being criticized. It's quite superficial and the consequences are rare. PB could've make more of it.

Overall, the PC Games likes the game very much. Despite some smaller criticisms (combat system, soul system, minor technical problems), they like the huge and good looking world, the story and quests, the character system, the setting, voice acting, factions etc.

The game will score 84-88% in the final review.
    Ravenhearth ist offline

Warrior Avatar von Morgannin09
    Zitat Zitat von ravenhearth Beitrag anzeigen
    The thing with the hero's soul is also being criticized. It's quite superficial and the consequences are rare. PB could've make more of it.
    That's exactly what I expected. It seems like any time PB tries to add a new feature to their new title, they don't know how far to take it, and it comes out shallow. But, whatever, it's not like it was something I desperately wanted to see in one of their games. Still, maybe they'll be able to make it more in-depth in a future title.
    YouTube channel for Let's Plays and shenanigans: https://www.youtube.com/c/Morgannin
    Morgannin09 ist offline

Official Tweet from Deep Silver says they will be streaming Risen 3 on Twitch this Thursday.
    YouTube channel for Let's Plays and shenanigans: https://www.youtube.com/c/Morgannin
    Morgannin09 ist offline

Ritter Avatar von Soloist
    The lack of English news and previews seems to confirm that Risen -as a franchise- has been a commercial failure internationally. That doesn't surprise me overly much because in a competitive environment like the US where gamers look at various open world RPGs and then pick the best that money can buy, it is no surprise that Risen has fallen behind. Games like Skyrim and The Witcher far surpass Risen's qualities in just about every single aspect. Unless you happen to be an old school Gothic fan and have just fallen in love with PB's unique style, there is very little reason to get excited about a PB game or the Risen series in particular which strays quite a bit from PB's original strengths.

It seems like Deep Silver is no longer willing to sink a lot of marketing money into a hopeless cause. They did try harder with Risen and Risen 2 but now I believe they have simply given up. Another reason may be that PC gaming is nearly insignificant in the US. Console gaming is where it's at in North America. And Risen 3 is "only" coming out on last gen consoles which makes it even less attractive to an audience that always craves the "next big thing".
    That's why Deep Silver seems to be counting on a pure word of mouth strategy, exposition on Steam and preorders of old Gothic/Risen fans. Why throw good money after bad money? I'm sure they have already invested quite a bit of cash in the past in trying to make Risen an international smash hit but it hasn't worked out at all so now they are focusing on the D/A/CH core market (plus maybe RU/PL/generally Eastern Europe) instead of the console-focused UK/US market where Risen doesn't stand a chance against heavyweights like TES or The Witcher or BioWare's games etc.
    Soloist ist offline

Zitat Zitat von SacredGamer Beitrag anzeigen
    And I'm guessing you got turned down or they never got back to you?
    Pretty much. I'm also still waiting for answers to my questions about the copy protection (e.g. what CP will be used in which region etc.) to make a new copy protection FAQ (as I did with Risen 1 and 2).

Well, it is, of course, their right to keep us out. But at least it tells us something about the game: The publisher does not trust his own product enough to let it get examined by us before the release. He'd rather put his faith in blind pre-order purchases that are purely based on his own marketing.

That is valuable information in itself, I think. Just not the kind I was hoping for.
    foobar ist offline

Rookie
    I don't read German, has anyone seen any preview mention the Xbox 360 version of the game?

I recently played Risen 2 on the 360, and it is one of the worst-looking RPGs in the console history. Some still views are pretty in spots, but the general impression it leaves playing through it in motion is that it is an ugly, low res game (Oblivion 360 from 2006 looks better). I know its not just the game. I played the original Risen on PC, and it is gorgeous in comparison to Risen 2 on 360.

There is also the issue that the 360 version of Risen 2 never received patch support. Dodge/rolling was never added like it was with the PC. Has PB made any statements about making a bigger commitment to the console version of its game?
    VegetaForce ist offline Geändert von VegetaForce (30.07.2014 um 16:47 Uhr)

Zitat Zitat von VegetaForce Beitrag anzeigen
    I don't read German, has anyone seen any preview mention the Xbox 360 version of the game?

I recently played Risen 2 on the 360, and it is one of the worst-looking RPGs in the console history. Oblivion, which came out around 360 launch, looks heads and shoulders above this game. I know its not just the game. I played the original Risen on PC, and it is gorgeous in comparison to Risen 2 on 360.

There is also the issue that the 360 version of Risen 2 never received patch support. Dodge/rolling was never added like it was with the PC. Has PB made any statements about making a bigger commitment to the console version of its game?
    I've looked I've not seen any.

All we know is that it wont be done by WizardBox who developed Risen 1 and 2 on consoles but instead done in house.
    SacredGamer ist offline

PB even hired some new programmers, solely for the console versions. It should be much better this time.
    Ravenhearth ist offline

If anybody sees this in time.
    DS streaming Risen 3 in about 10 Minutes
    http://www.twitch.tv/deepsilver
    SacredGamer ist offline

Risen 3 stream on Twitch in about 10 minutes, according to a tweet.

Morgannin09 ist offline

Zitat Zitat von Morgannin09 Beitrag anzeigen
    Risen 3 stream on Twitch in about 10 minutes, according to a tweet.

Posted at the same time lol

Stream Playback
    http://www.twitch.tv/deepsilver/b/552862089
    SacredGamer ist offline Geändert von SacredGamer (30.07.2014 um 23:37 Uhr)

Warrior Avatar von SlamDunk
    Timecode link straight to where the broadcast properly begins (skipping most of the configuration hassle): http://www.twitch.tv/deepsilver/b/552862089?t=8m8s

Graphics actually look much better than in the promotion screens. Why is it that the screenshotters always manage to make Risen games look worse than it really is?
    SlamDunk ist offline Geändert von SlamDunk (31.07.2014 um 09:00 Uhr)

Seite 17 von 21 « Erste ... 610131415161718192021 Letzte »