Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Ergebnis 1 bis 5 von 5
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Rookie

BathorysGraveland ist offline

(G3) Making followers/companions invincible?

First of all, hello to everyone on the forum!

Now, I'm playing Gothic 3 with the Community Patch 1.74, Quest Packet 4.2 and Content Mod 2.3 and have loved (almost) every minute of it. Really enhanced and fixed most of pretty well everything since I last played the native version several years back. Much improved game. However, there is still one outstanding issue for me: Companions!

They still can't fight to save their lives (except perhaps mages, but I haven't yet gotten a mage follower). Animals and beasts seem to do far, far less damage to NPCs now, which is a good thing, but against other NPCs (such as Orcs) they get absolutely annihilated. The only real use they have is distracting one or more enemies in a group and taking that extra heat off you (admittedly, with alternative A.I on, that is rather useful) but they still die too quickly. I completely know that when I finally assault the ore mine of the Hammer Clan, any and all companions I bring with me will get destroyed in the lower camp. No doubt. But I wish to avoid this.

Either by making them invincible, or bumping up their health to a very high level so they can survive more than two minutes. I know, this seems like cheating, but really the followers aren't overpowered or anything like that. As I said, they're only really useful for distracting other enemies. I only want them to survive, especially with the quest-specific ones (that one guy in the Wolf Clan that you kill the Orcs at the bridge with? 5 times I had to reload that battle because he kept dying - to a single warrior!)

So, I ask people more knowledgeable than I: is there some way at all to make certain NPCs invincible? Or edit their health level or something of the like? I'd really appreciate it. Cheers.

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Knight Avatar von NCONiall

NCONiall ist offline
    I know exactly how you feel and I know how to solve it. When you reload your game all NPCs have their health reset, so everytime your companions are getting low on health just save and reload. It can be irritating if you have a slow computer and also you have to keep checking on them and it can be difficult if there's 10 different NPCs around them. Whenever you think your companions are low on health just save and reload.

There probably is a way to make an NPC immortal but I don't know how.
    Geändert von NCONiall (03.09.2012 um 17:12 Uhr)

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Deus Avatar von WernerTWC

WernerTWC ist offline
    In the modder manual from CP1.75 you'll find the script command "Humanize" which set or unset a NPC status from immortal to mortal, it doesn't make them invincible but at least they cannot die once set to immortal.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    Rookie

BathorysGraveland ist offline
    @NCONiall: Yes, I had thought about that as an option. I may have to use it, though I'm not a huge fan of saving in mid-combat and that still brings up the fact that I'm worrying about them while trying to fight for my life myself. But still, that is something to work with. Many thanks.

@
    WernerTWC: Well, I'm using 1.74 so I don't think that is applicable to me. Though it sounds more or less what I'm looking for. I could update it, but I'm worried it'll mess something up, with saves or become incompatible with one of the other two mods I'm running. I've invested way too much time in this playthrough to lose it all now.

Thanks for replies.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5
    Ranger Avatar von Phillip of the Fire Clan

Phillip of the Fire Clan ist offline
    Won't really make them invincible, but try this:

Once you think that they might die soon just run away untill you can't see them. Return and their HP will be full again. Works faster than saving/loading (unless you've got a super-powerfull PC ).

That way I can clear the pass to Varant with Karlen withour being afraid that he might die.

PS: I just got the Bloodlust spell. Man, the game is 100 times more fun with it .