"GOTHIC 3.5 PROJECT" - FULL CONTINUATION OF GOTHIC UNIVERSUM STORY
Hello everybody! I'm new here, so I'll introduce myself first. My name's Matt, I'm 21 years old and I'm from Poland. I'm a die-hard Gothic fan and some time ago I decided to finally do something I was only dreaming about since Piranha Bytes lost their Gothic rights to JoWood. I'm working on a huge project at the moment and although I'm not happily doing this, because I would like to keep as much as I can in secret until the premiere, I guess I need to show you guys a little bit of insight look of what is to come.
GOTHIC 3.5 PROJECT
Nameless hero helps human race to win the war with orcs once and for all. Myrtana can finally taste long awaited freedom. People slowly start to recover. Nordmar gets rid of invaders too. Seeing that orcs are on a brink of destruction, assasins from Varant break every military and trade agreements with them - they have no need to fraternize with the losing nation. Gods banished from living world can no longer have influence on people and cannot continue their bloody war between each other. Peace have come to world, at last...
...Myrtana. King Rhobar II is dead. With a little help from a nameless hero, Lee claims the empty throne. Leading humanity into the gold age of serenity and prosperity, he is widely accepted by his subjects, still accustoming themselves to the new situation and the absence of Innos. However, there has never been a king in the history of world, who didn't have enemies secretly trying to dethrone him...
...Nordmar. Northern lands celebrate victory. "Council Of Three" is created that consists of a leader of each clan and is some kind of a government. But northern people also have their problems. Conditions becoming worse with every day lead to signing a trade pact with Myrtana. Caravans start to travel in both directions and situation seems to be in control. But one day caravans start to disappear without a trace...
...Varant. Death of Zuben killed by a nameless hero causes huge unrest throughout the desert. People from Myrtana and Varant didn't like themselves especially since the orcs won the great war - assasins hunted free people and sold them to invaders. Now their leader is gone. Their god is gone. People of Varant thirst for blood. Across the desert starts wide preparation for war...
...Xardas and the nameless hero head for their well-deserved rest. They crossed the portal to the Unknown Lands but they didn't have any idea that gods banished by them from the world were not angered. They were furious...
- new protagonist
- completely new story which continues plot ended in Gothic 3, being faithful to the lore (I only count in games created by Piranha Bytes, JoWood can kiss my a**)
- sophisticated main plot with several hours needed to finish it
- few important side plots also guaranteeing several hours of entertainment
- "personal" plot of a main character
- more than 100 side quests (some of them simple and easy, while others being totally innovative and fresh)
- new NPC-s
- characters known from previous games
- works with the latest Community Patch only
- 2 languages to choose: polish and english (as these are those that I can use fluently, possible other languages version if I will find someone willing to translate everything)
- hidden treasures and secrets in old "gothic" style (those who played series from the beginning know what I mean)"
So that's the promo material for the wide audience. And we're coming to the merit here. Im writing ALL OF THIS STUFF ABOVE. Alone. I don't know how much time I will need to polish every edge of general plots, to write every quest and every dialogue for every NPC and to place every secret where I want it to be, but this is probably the biggest project yet in my lifetime and I am convinced to finish it no matter what. I have already started it and it's in deeply advanced state now. But I'm doing this work ON PAPER because on one side the programming is too difficult for me (I can't find myself in this environment) and on the other side I simply wouldn't have time to do it because of other obligations I have in my life. So here's my announcement:
1. I'm looking for someone who is an expert in modding in Genome who will assure me with his help to finish this project. Yes, I do need to this person to guarantee that if he/she will start participating in this project, he/she will stay with me until its end. Do not get me wrong. It's a really HUGE load of work and I just want to save my time and that person's time because there's no point in starting the work just to end it in the middle - in that case it will be worthless because any new people wanting to continue the project will possibly have to start it from the beginning to avoid bugs and errors in the process. I see no problem in creating a more crowded team as long as it will not have a negative impact on coding. We will meet once in a month (and I can travel abroad so there's no problem with that) to discuss everything and deal with any problems occuring on the way. We are really capable of doing great thing. I'm totally serious about this project so please - offer your help ONLY if you are serious about it too. I will greatly appreciate this
2. I'd like to ask other modders - what are the restrictions of Genome editor? Please tell me if some things I'm planning to include in the mod are impossible to create/edit. That would really save me much work and time if I will know this in advance.
That's all that comes to my mind at this moment. I'll be visiting here regularly so we will all be able to stay in touch. I'm excitedly awaiting your responses. If someone wants to contact me personally, please write on this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Best regards to the whole Gothic community,
Hi Matt and to the forum!
To create such a huge project you'd have to find a whole team, for one scripter alone it would be kinda a lifetime-job to do such a project.
Sad but true, the g3-modding-community isn't that big, i don't believe that you will find enough (or even one) scripter for such a job.
Some of them may be in the german Community-Story-Project, others with the needed knowlege have own projects or gave up the g3-modding in the meantime.
I saw sooo many big announcements, mostly everyone was doomed on day one because people tend to plan big projects without released a small project first, only then you have a clear view on how much work such a big project is.
My advise: Plan and make a small mod, go through all what is needed for such a small mod, and if all work fine and your small mod is released, THEN go for something bigger, ... otherwise it's only (imho) wasted time.
Sorry to be that clear, i wish you the very best with your project, but again, to start with such a huge project without release a small one first ends mostly in vain.
Except from the last point, that's all possible, but alot of work, ... many things need to be added/modded with the help of a hex-editor, often g3-modding is more like hacking than modding.
Originally Posted by MattShepard
The "hidden treasures and secrets in old "gothic" style" - no idea what you have in mind by that, so i cannot tell if it's possible or not.
MfG (with kind regards), WernerTWC
If you`re all alone then i wish you good luck . Maybe in 4-5 years your project will be ready