Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Ergebnis 1 bis 12 von 12
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Apprentice Avatar von JohnSoverign

JohnSoverign ist offline

Question Gothic III patch 1.75 removed parrying animations?

Hello I just registered here and downloaded the 1.75 patch yesterday, "but" there is a problem. When I played G III last time I remembered the fun parrying animations every time an orc or human enemy tried to hit me with a melee weapon (sword, axe, etc.). After applying the latest patch I noticed that the animations are now removed. Just stiff/static. The hero still can parry but "without any animation". I'll upload a screen shoot or two just in case someone doesn't understand the nature of the problem I'm having. I'm also not sure if it's a bug or was it removed on purpose.

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2

JohnSoverign ist offline
    Since I bet no one knows what I'm talking about I've uploaded some screen shots with descriptions.

Here are two with 1.75:

[Bild: 21.png]

[Bild: 22.png]

See? There is no movement. No animation. The parrying is lame and static.

Here's how it looked like in 1.73:

[Bild: 3.png]

You can see the hero moving to parry the hit. He also moves back a little instead of doing nothing like in 1.75. You can even see the sparks and all the animations working despite the graphics glitch.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Ritter Avatar von mdahm

mdahm ist offline
    All animations are in the game. But if you switch on "Alternative AI", the stumble animations when parrying will not be used.
    So that's intended.

This is also the case with CP 1.73, by the way. The only difference between the patches is: With 1.73, the alternative AI is switched off by default. With 1.75, it is switched on by default.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4

JohnSoverign ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von mdahm Beitrag anzeigen
    All animations are in the game. But if you switch on "Alternative AI", the stumble animations when parrying will not be used.
    So that's intended.
    I have just reinstalled the 1.75 patch and the animations are still not working with "alternative balancing turned off". They are not there. Same lame lack of animation. The hero stands there in a defensive position, the attacks get blocked but there's no movement, sparks, actual defense.

Zitat Zitat von mdahm Beitrag anzeigen
    This is also the case with CP 1.73, by the way. The only difference between the patches is: With 1.73, the alternative AI is switched off by default. With 1.75, it is switched on by default.
    I will check that in a second, but I do remember turning the balancing both on and off and the animations where still there so it's a bug.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5
    Ritter Avatar von mdahm

mdahm ist offline
    1) It's still not a bug.
    2) You didn't take the time to really read my post. Even in the sentence you quoted from me, it says "alternative AI". That's short for "Artificial Intelligence".

The whole thing has nothing to do with Alternative Balancing. Please have a look at the difficulty menu, you can (de)activate Alternative AI there.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6

JohnSoverign ist offline
    Won't that cause the NPC's to attack me in turns? Instead of the AI actually fighting me in entire groups?

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7

JohnSoverign ist offline
    Sorry for the double post, just wanna let you know I disabled the new AI and things started working perfectly again. I'm just unsure if it will affect the difficulty and having multiple enemies attacking me, but at least the animations are back and that's more important to me then most other things.

I'm just not sure why would anyone want to disable them in the first place.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8
    Apprentice

darkeningday ist offline
    Uhhhh....

Parrying in vanilla G3 (i.e. with Alt AI switched off) is almost completely useless, especially without a shield, because it stuns you and sets you up for an immediate attack--it's far more effective just to alternate between normal (left click) and fast (right click) attacks, and then use shields for stats bonuses. This is why Gothic 3 developed such a poor reputation for its melee combat--the game was basically a hack & slash, at least when fighting NPCs.

Alternative AI significantly changes the parry function in order to make blocking actually useful... nay, integral, once again, both for the Hero and the NPCs. Personally, I find mobs to be slightly overpowered (even a level 70 fighter would have great difficulty taking on an Orc city, yet a level 70 magic user would have almost nothing to fear), but its 1-3 enemy encounters are sooooo much more satisfying, its well worth the slight imbalance later in the game.

Hope that cleared things up. Happy Gothic-ing!

9. Beiträge anzeigen #9

JohnSoverign ist offline
    Thanks for the help. Personally I never had a problem with parrying being the way it was. I prefer the animation just being turned on instead of the static lack of movement and fighting is still a challenge for me. There's just 1 more problem left - the modkit. I tried using it, but nothing so far. Wish someone could help me with it, but it's a completely different story. About how to implement the changes you make in to the game.

10. Beiträge anzeigen #10
    Ritter Avatar von mdahm

mdahm ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von JohnSoverign Beitrag anzeigen
    Won't that cause the NPC's to attack me in turns? Instead of the AI actually fighting me in entire groups?
    If NPCs attacked you in groups before, with Alternative AI switched off, they will also attack in groups with CP 1.75.
    To get it straight: The group attack behaviour can be switched on be either activating AB or Alternative AI (or both, of course).

Regarding the Modkit: Please take a close look in the Editor Guide we provided with it.

11. Beiträge anzeigen #11

JohnSoverign ist offline
    I am reading it, but I can't find the section that says how to implement the mod in to the game. It doesn't matter what I change like weapon damage then save it - when I don't know how to make it work.

There's also 1 more problem. I haven't found a way to edit any spells.
    Geändert von JohnSoverign (13.05.2012 um 21:50 Uhr)

12. Beiträge anzeigen #12

JohnSoverign ist offline
    Nevermind about the implementing. I found a way to do it threw creating new pak files with FSG.exe - if anyone's wondering how to change stats on gear and such and reads this you have to:

1) Run GenomeLE.exe

2) Make some changes to per say weapons.

3) Save them.

4) Go to Modkit directory > Data.

5) Compress the Templates folder in to a Templates.pak file.

6) Cut the file and use it to override the Templates.pak located in Gothic III > Data folder.

7) Play the game.

All the changes you make should start working right away.

What still bothers me is that I can't seem to find a way to change spells and textures. Can anyone help?