Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 4 von 8 « Erste 12345678 Letzte »
Ergebnis 61 bis 80 von 159
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #61
    Ranger

Landros ist offline
    Thanks for the help so far. But the game works perfectly with CP 1.74. Only with the new one does it make fun of me.
    And I really don't understand what changing the PxSh can do to help (though I will try none the less, and humbly thank you for taking the time to post an offer of help) as entering the main menu doesn't require a PxSh check. Besides, as far as I know, the default setting of G3 is pixel shader 2.0, which my video card can support.

The problem is that it doesn't even enter the main menu. Which is annoying to say the least...

Again... thank you for the help.

I will check back after I install G3... all over again...

Somehow, yesterday in a feet of exasperation I... uninstalled it.

EDIT: by PxSh 1.2... I actually meant 1.4... silly me.
    Geändert von Landros (10.05.2012 um 19:46 Uhr) Grund: forgetfullness

2. Beiträge anzeigen #62
    General Avatar von ICFabian

ICFabian ist offline
    It solved my long-lasting (ie 6 years) stutter issues. Oh my gods. You guys are brilliant. Thank you so very much.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #63
    Kämpfer Avatar von Urban

Urban ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Landros Beitrag anzeigen
    Thanks for the help so far. But the game works perfectly with CP 1.74. Only with the new one does it make fun of me.
    And I really don't understand what changing the PxSh can do to help (though I will try none the less, and humbly thank you for taking the time to post an offer of help) as entering the main menu doesn't require a PxSh check. Besides, as far as I know, the default setting of G3 is pixel shader 2.0, which my video card can support.

The problem is that it doesn't even enter the main menu. Which is annoying to say the least...

Again... thank you for the help.

I will check back after I install G3... all over again...

Somehow, yesterday in a feet of exasperation I... uninstalled it.

EDIT: by PxSh 1.2... I actually meant 1.4... silly me.

Just read the "Readme English" linked in the first post!

1. Important notification
    6. The patched game will only support shader model 3.0 or higher.

So in your case you have to use CP 1.74.

Greets
    Urban
    01010010 01101001 01110100 01110100 01100101 01110010 01100100 01100101 01110011
    00110001 00110010 01001011 01100101 01101100 01100011 01101000 01100101 01110011

4. Beiträge anzeigen #64
    Fighter Avatar von SkullX

SkullX ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Faby Beitrag anzeigen
    It solved my long-lasting (ie 6 years) stutter issues. Oh my gods. You guys are brilliant. Thank you so very much.
    But thank you
    If you even try to look the other way...

5. Beiträge anzeigen #65
    Ranger

Landros ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Urban Beitrag anzeigen
    Just read the "Readme English" linked in the first post!

1. Important notification
    6. The patched game will only support shader model 3.0 or higher.

So in your case you have to use CP 1.74.

Greets
    Urban

Darn luck... so my hopes are smashed to little tiny pieces.

Thanks for the prompt help nonetheless!
    Geändert von Landros (10.05.2012 um 20:17 Uhr) Grund: clumsiness

6. Beiträge anzeigen #66

SkullX ist offline
    Just use 1.74 it's a very good patch and try the tweaks I linked...if it won't work a bit better with that, then...

7. Beiträge anzeigen #67
    Ranger

Landros ist offline
    Thanks! With the 1.74 it works like a charm. I already played trough it as a warrior on the rebel side. Finished it in the Innos ending. I guess I'll try it as a fire mage and see about the cannon Xardas ending. Have fun with the 1.75 guys!

But I would be curious to learn the reason behind the decision to make 1.75 work with only PxSh 3.0...

8. Beiträge anzeigen #68

SkullX ist offline
    I have probs with 1.75 as well, but I see 1.74 much better and most stable, well , careful with the mage way it's kinda hard for a first time run, have fun!

9. Beiträge anzeigen #69
    Apprentice

darkeningday ist offline
    So far, this patch has delivered a positively sublime experience for me. It's almost surreal to traverse Myrtana with next-to-no stuttering. I honestly think I had dreams about running it this smoothly back in 2006--in fact...I know I did. You guys are bonafide dreamweavers. Congrats.

It's a testament to both Piranha Bytes and the CPT that this game holds up so well nearly 6 years after release. Also, the color grading effect (which, surprisingly, no one has made mention of yet) looks absolutely stunning--the muted color palette makes everything look much, much more... "Gothic," and the art design is more uniform than ever before. I can barely wait for the Content Mod to release an update for this patch.

However, I'm encountering one rather frustrating issue--for some reason, certain ambient sounds in the game (primarily the howling wind in Cape Dun, all of the waterfalls and the sandstorm around the temple of Al Shedim) severely stutter on my system, especially when they're combined with rain (or, more specifically, the sound of rain). What's especially odd is that the stuttering of the sound seems to cause the entire game to stutter. It runs flawlessly around the most demanding areas, yet Silden, Cape Dun and Faring stutter constantly thanks to the waterfalls and wind. Rainfall causes the same audio/game stuttering within the first few minutes of gameplay, but seems to smooth out after about 15 minutes (unless it's combined with the aformentioned). However, that isn't the case with the other sounds.

I've played around with nearly every soundcard trick I can think of, and the previous CPT patch doesn't have this issue. My game is unmodded and on a fresh install (and, of course, a new game). Scanning the Steam forums shows I'm not the only person having this issue, although it looks like he managed to fix it by simply fast traveling a lot. Too bad I wasn't so lucky :-/.

Is there any way I could disable these sound effects on my own? While I'll miss the waterfall sounds, it'd be a small price to pay for having a completely stutter-free experience.

In any case, thank you all so much for this amazing patch.
    Geändert von darkeningday (11.05.2012 um 06:32 Uhr)

10. Beiträge anzeigen #70

SkullX ist offline
    Myrtana has most shuttering and stuff cuz of the enviroment...in the Desert and Nordmar it will run at full speed.

11. Beiträge anzeigen #71

ICFabian ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von darkeningday Beitrag anzeigen
    Also, the color grading effect (which, surprisingly, no one has made mention of yet) looks absolutely stunning--the muted color palette makes everything look much, much more... "Gothic," and the art design is more uniform than ever before.
    So that's what's made my game look so icky and whitish.

/deactivates

12. Beiträge anzeigen #72
    Rookie

bran1986 ist offline
    this new patch works great, thanks

13. Beiträge anzeigen #73
    Apprentice

darkeningday ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von SkullX Beitrag anzeigen
    Myrtana has most shuttering and stuff cuz of the enviroment...in the Desert and Nordmar it will run at full speed.
    Nope, my issue is definitely related to the ambient audio. For example, Geldern--arguably the most intensive area in the game--runs completely smoothly, whereas the shoreline of Ardea (right next to Jack's lighthouse) has significant audio stuttering (which also causes the game to stutter), and that area has about as many pixels as Wolfenstein 3D. Also, rain seems to compound the issue even more. Furthermore, whenever there's omnipresent wind sounds in Nordmar and Varant, the audio/game stutters just like it does in the aformentioned parts of Myrtana. Very odd.

That said, the most reliable source of stutter seems to be the waterfalls. Each waterfall causes by far the most stuttering, making Silden and Faring somewhat... less pleasant to navigate in and around than other parts of the game.

So is there anyway I can disable particular ambient sounds in my game, or shall I simply deal with the mild, albeit annoying, audio/game glitches? Or does anyone have any alternate suggestions? I use a fully updated VIA HD Audio Deck, FWIW.

Thanks!

Zitat Zitat von Faby Beitrag anzeigen
    So that's what's made my game look so icky and whitish.

/deactivates
    Gothic 3 always struck me as having ridiculously oversaturated colors thanks to a misguided attempt to try to appeal to (what PB/JoWood perceived as) a mass American audience (remember that embarrassing "European vs. American" color grading option in Arcania?), which clashed with the original art design of the game.

I dunno. I really like the new color scheme.
    Geändert von darkeningday (11.05.2012 um 10:13 Uhr)

14. Beiträge anzeigen #74

ICFabian ist offline
    I liked G3's oversaturated graphics, and I'm pretty sure I was born and am still living somewhere in Europe. Maybe I'm broken in some way ;P

15. Beiträge anzeigen #75
    Apprentice

darkeningday ist offline
    Well, you also like Oblivion, so...

16. Beiträge anzeigen #76
    Apprentice Avatar von JohnSoverign

JohnSoverign ist offline
    Did anyone actually notice the parrying animations went missing with this patch? And I mean parrying with a sword not blocking with a shield. I made a thread about it but no one seems to care as if people only went "WAGAAAAAAAAAAA!" and never really bothered to click the right mouse button to actually parry at the start of a new game.

17. Beiträge anzeigen #77
    Ritter Avatar von mdahm

mdahm ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von kojocel Beitrag anzeigen
    I posted this in CPT 1.74 forums, and at the time some guys said it remains unresolved, thus acknowledging the issue. Could any CPT member confirm or not that this has been (will be) addressed in CP 1.75?
    It's really game breaking for fighter type of character. Thank you.

Pasting below from previous posts.

#1. By me.

#2. By me.

#3. By Kronos.
    This issue has not been addressed in CP 1.75.
    Kronos created and programmed all of the alternative AI, so he has the deepest knowledge regarding this (very complicated) matter. He wasn't able to solve the problem, and he wrote his answer after his own analysis and after talking with the other coders.

Zitat Zitat von Landros Beitrag anzeigen
    But I would be curious to learn the reason behind the decision to make 1.75 work with only PxSh 3.0...
    Three reasons:
    1) There have still been too many issues with shader 2.0, and even more with 1.4.
    2) The complexity of supporting all shaders was getting nearly too vast in both programming and testing all possible combinations of graphic settings. So our shader programmer asked himself how many percent of the patch users would still have a graphic card that supports only shader 1.4 or 2.0, but not 3.0. Answer: Referring to statistics in Steam etc., there might still be some users with old graphic cards, but so very few that it wouldn't justify to invest three, four or more times the time he needed to program for one shader (3.0).
    3) This is the main reason: The data of every shader would have to be inserted into the "Shader Cache" file - the thing that serves to reduce stuttering. This means that the shader cache would have been mutliple times as large (=> not good for the memory managament) and would have needed even more time when being created.

Zitat Zitat von darkeningday Beitrag anzeigen
    Is there any way I could disable these sound effects on my own? While I'll miss the waterfall sounds, it'd be a small price to pay for having a completely stutter-free experience.
    I myself didn't experience the problems you described. But I can tell you how to "deactivate" the sounds anyway:
    Replace the sound files with silence. I prepared this for you: http://upload.worldofplayers.de/files8/Sound.zip
    Download the zip file and unpack the content (Sounds.p00) into the Data folder of the game. If there already is a Sound.p00, please rename my file to Sound.p01 before copying it to the Data folder.

But this may not really solve your problems. So I ask:
    - Is your PC overclocked?
    - Did you change any settings in the ge3.ini, especially regarding the ROI or other parameters for distances? This can cause trouble.

Zitat Zitat von JohnSoverign Beitrag anzeigen
    Did anyone actually notice the parrying animations went missing with this patch? And I mean parrying with a sword not blocking with a shield. I made a thread about it but no one seems to care as if people only went "WAGAAAAAAAAAAA!" and never really bothered to click the right mouse button to actually parry at the start of a new game.
    If you're looking for help, you should post in the help board, not the discussion board...
    Now I found your thread and answered there (click).

18. Beiträge anzeigen #78
    Apprentice Avatar von JohnSoverign

JohnSoverign ist offline
    I wrote you back in my thread. I'm downloading the 1.74 patch to see if the bug with no parrying animations is there. Right now I checked the 1.75 patch with balancing turned off. There are still no animations even after reinstalling everything and giving it a fresh start.

19. Beiträge anzeigen #79
    Apprentice

darkeningday ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von mdahm Beitrag anzeigen
    I myself didn't experience the problems you described. But I can tell you how to "deactivate" the sounds anyway:
    Replace the sound files with silence. I prepared this for you: http://upload.worldofplayers.de/files8/Sound.zip
    Download the zip file and unpack the content (Sounds.p00) into the Data folder of the game. If there already is a Sound.p00, please rename my file to Sound.p01 before copying it to the Data folder.
    Wow, thanks for making that for me. However, it didn't seem to disable the waterfall sounds or the shore winds at Cape Dun and Ardea. :-/ The winds in Nordmar, however, seem to have gone silent, and it runs better (especially near The Hammer Clan) because of it. Truly strange.

Zitat Zitat von mdahm
    But this may not really solve your problems. So I ask:
    - Is your PC overclocked?
    - Did you change any settings in the ge3.ini, especially regarding the ROI or other parameters for distances? This can cause trouble.
    No and Yes/No. My PC's running at stock settings, but I did initially modify the ge3.ini to increase draw distance (including the ROI.entity setting). However, when I noticed the sound issue, I changed the ge3.ini back to the default, yet the glitch remained. I did, however, use a savegame that was originally created with a modified ini. I'm aware Gothic 3 has some fairly strange issues with savegames (at least it did back when I was enamored with it), so I suppose that could be a cause. Back to go test, I guess. I should add that I do not have this issue with the Forsaken Gods Enhanced Edition... (just tested a few hours ago). I'm sure it's on my end; I just wish I could find the source.

Thanks again for your continued support!

EDIT: Also, is there any word on making the Content Mod compatible with this patch?
    Geändert von darkeningday (13.05.2012 um 03:20 Uhr)

20. Beiträge anzeigen #80
    Ranger

Landros ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von mdahm Beitrag anzeigen
    Three reasons:
    1) There have still been too many issues with shader 2.0, and even more with 1.4.
    2) The complexity of supporting all shaders was getting nearly too vast in both programming and testing all possible combinations of graphic settings. So our shader programmer asked himself how many percent of the patch users would still have a graphic card that supports only shader 1.4 or 2.0, but not 3.0. Answer: Referring to statistics in Steam etc., there might still be some users with old graphic cards, but so very few that it wouldn't justify to invest three, four or more times the time he needed to program for one shader (3.0).
    3) This is the main reason: The data of every shader would have to be inserted into the "Shader Cache" file - the thing that serves to reduce stuttering. This means that the shader cache would have been mutliple times as large (=> not good for the memory managament) and would have needed even more time when being created.
    (click).
    Well... thanks for taking the time to answer me!

As for you, darkeningday...

Here you go! The link to the page where you can get everything you need to make it work. Or so I think!

http://www.worldofgothic.de/dl/downl...e97ba0db4ffae0

They themselves say something about the 1.75 patch so...

It seems that only the Quest Packet 4.2 needed a compatibility patch.
    "Questpaket v4.2 + Kompatibilitäts-Update zum CP v1.75" I'm no german speaker but, that does resemble a "Compatibility Update"... )
    Geändert von Landros (13.05.2012 um 09:49 Uhr)

Seite 4 von 8 « Erste 12345678 Letzte »