Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 4 von 21 « Erste 123456781115 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 61 bis 80 von 401
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #61
    Skinhead  Avatar von Hellbilly

Hellbilly ist offline
    I don't see anything wrong in allowing for user/customer-generated content. And in contrast to Gothic 3, which was still more or less broken when PB ended their work on it (their patches included), Oblivion wasn't broken, it was just flawed (at least according to many).

2. Beiträge anzeigen #62
    Knight Avatar von Ariogaisus

Ariogaisus ist offline
    What do you guys think of Sins of a Solar Empire? Should i buy it?

3. Beiträge anzeigen #63
    Demigod Avatar von Dino

Dino ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Hellbilly Beitrag anzeigen
    I don't see anything wrong in allowing for user/customer-generated content. And in contrast to Gothic 3, which was still more or less broken when PB ended their work on it (their patches included), Oblivion wasn't broken, it was just flawed (at least according to many).
    Yes but my point was that games should not be sold in a state where they need further development in order to be improved because they were a bad release. As much as I dislike any sort of mods and all, I have nothing against it as long as the developers provide a good, stable game from day one on the market.

Now I don't know if I can say that for MMOs, though. They are constantly changing and nothing is permanent in that genre so I guess they can use that as an excuse for making mistakes and covering it up with patches later on. Provided their game works fine.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #64

Hellbilly ist offline
    Oblivion was pretty stable, at least post-patches (dunno how many there were, but the GOTY didn't crash once on me that I recall) and is "good" in the sense that it obviously reflects the design choices the team(s) behind the game went for. That you don't like it is a different thing, and saying it shouldn't have been released just because you don't like it is pretty stupid - it's like saying no movies you dislike should exist, or that no music you dislike should exist and so on.

Mods, which was the case of discussion, are not patches. Hence, discussing Gothic 3 and the work of the CPT cannot be paralleled to Oblivion and the various game mechanics-changing patches on the whole. Like I said, broken and flawed are two different things.

(Also, the prospect of releasing a bug-free game to the market considering the complexity of modern games... well, impossible, really. Testing every possible failing point is impossible, because it'd end in billions upon billions of use case tests)

5. Beiträge anzeigen #65
    Veteran

Kraszu ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Hellbilly Beitrag anzeigen
    Mods, which was the case of discussion, are not patches. Hence, discussing Gothic 3 and the work of the CPT cannot be paralleled to Oblivion and the various game mechanics-changing patches on the whole. Like I said, broken and flawed are two different things.
    I agree that they are different but for me it is the opposite, bugs can be fixed, broken design is forever. Bugs>>>>>>>>>shitty design.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #66

Hellbilly ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Kraszu Beitrag anzeigen
    I agree that they are different but for me it is the opposite, bugs can be fixed, broken design is forever. Bugs>>>>>>>>>shitty design.
    Well, depends. Oblivion, for example, has greatly allowed the community to "fix" whatever they thought was flawed. Broken design is not forever by any means, if you've the means to fix it.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #67
    Knight Commander Avatar von TudoracheMG

TudoracheMG ist offline
    For Faby <3 [Video]

8. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #68
    Mythos Avatar von Onisuzume

Onisuzume ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von TudoracheMG Beitrag anzeigen
    For Faby <3 [Video]
    Is that the best you can do?
    [Video]

9. Beiträge anzeigen #69
    Knight Commander Avatar von TudoracheMG

TudoracheMG ist offline
    I knew it but I wanted him to get the best quality available xD

10. Beiträge anzeigen #70
    General Avatar von KGS

KGS ist offline
    i know the topic of the stupid videos is harry potter but i think you'd like this
    [Video]

11. Beiträge anzeigen #71
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von TudoracheMG Beitrag anzeigen
    For Faby <3 [Video]
    Ahahahahahahaahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!

Din ciclul

[Video]
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!

12. Beiträge anzeigen #72
    Knight Avatar von Ariogaisus

Ariogaisus ist offline
    @Maladiq

Classic!

13. Beiträge anzeigen #73
    Hero Avatar von Tratos

Tratos ist offline
    Hey guys, I get some really weird artefacts when creating a .pdf out of Word document. Any idea how to remove something that isn't there in the source file? Thanks.

14. Beiträge anzeigen #74
    General Avatar von ICFabian

ICFabian ist offline
    new sig/av, yo.

15. Beiträge anzeigen #75

Hellbilly ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Tratos Beitrag anzeigen
    Hey guys, I get some really weird artefacts when creating a .pdf out of Word document. Any idea how to remove something that isn't there in the source file? Thanks.
    What Office version, what file format (created on what version of Office originally), converted how?

16. Beiträge anzeigen #76
    Hero Avatar von Tratos

Tratos ist offline
    Office 2007, all updates applied, docx format.

I've tried using both the native conversion tool from Word as well as the Acrobat X Pro to do it. Sometimes, there is a difference in what artefacts show up depending on the conversion method used, but there always is something.

Sometimes (now this is really weird), when I edit the word file a couple of times, save it and then convert it, the .pdf shows some of the stuff that was there a few steps back, as if it CTRL+Zs back a few steps.

Here's two screens showing some of those things. Not very big, I know, but if some of that stuffs stays on my research papers, that would look bad.
    Miniaturansichten angehängter Grafiken Miniaturansichten angehängter Grafiken pdf.PNG   word.PNG  
    Geändert von Tratos (08.01.2012 um 22:19 Uhr)

17. Beiträge anzeigen #77
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    Aaah, what a nice evening. I spent 2 minute blocking avatars and sigs featuring anime shit, and now the forum is much more tolerable.
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!

18. Beiträge anzeigen #78

Hellbilly ist offline
    Tratos; for the old stuff shown, MS had a tool called "Remove Hidden Data" which was built-in into Office 2007. See this link: http://www.uwec.edu/help/Office07/hiddendata.htm.

As for the corrupted table...done in Excel and copy-pasted to Word, or done with the basic table tools on offer in Word?

19. Beiträge anzeigen #79
    General Avatar von ICFabian

ICFabian ist offline
    College again, yay.

/wrist

20. Beiträge anzeigen #80

Hellbilly ist offline
    Oh yeah, hey T-man; if neither conversion gets a clean result anyhow, try downloading a freeware PDF printer. They usually do a clean job, but do have some cons... the primary being (usually) not being able to paint the text, and a big file size, both because they basically make an image out of the page and generate the PDF through those.

Seite 4 von 21 « Erste 123456781115 ... Letzte »