Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Seite 1 von 4 1234 Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 73
  1. #1 Zitieren
    Fighter Avatar von AshleyG
    It seems I'm the first one to write a review about Skyrim.

Okay here goes (intro first) : I bought the game in France on a bank holiday (the 11), and I played it all 3 days long, I went out once to buy food that's all. I got 30-40 hours of game. I played the game in french (hoped it would be an international version and I could play in english but french version is very good so whatever...). I played Red dead last week end and still was impressed by Skyrim! I played it on xbox 360

There's two main stories plus 4 or 5 factions not related to main stories. Since the orcs were so great from the screenshots we had a few months ago, I decided to play an Orc. I must say now all races look cool. I would have never played a high elf or wood elf or kajiit OR argonian, but they all are cool now. Beeing an orc, I reached 100 in forging, to get rich, and I am now level 30 (I aim for 65 to 70, the max - that'll take a couple of months if I play 2 hours a day), I did a couple of quests here and there, + 3 quests for eachj main story (that's all) and I finished the mage's faction questline which was pretty short (2-3 hours) but greatly done. There's alot of secondary quests + random infinite ones just for that faction, but I am surprised to reach the highest rank as a magician so quickly. Oh I also crossed paths with Clavicus Vile (god! not him again!), and got his stupid mask- sigh, it was fun though - a quest I recommend (actually I recommand all quest even the random ones).
    The part about quests is done, my advice: start by getting secondary quests and do some of the factions storyline and keep at least one of the main stories for later so you don't get bored at 100 hours of game (I plan on playing 200).

I don't want to be too long, so here:
    + The game is beautiful and not just technically
    + The world is much more alive than gothic 1&2 (but it got 10 more years )
    + Some stuff is scripted (really well), and there are parts that make you feel as you are in front of a holywood movie
    + You're going to play it a long time
    + It's surprising to see how just dual wielding and cool moves (reaaaally good ones you'll see) can improve so much the experience
    + You get smart companions (really smart! - not ironic), they don't die (unless you trow a fire bomb when there on there knees begging for mercy so watch out where you aim)
    + Cool stuff evrywhere to find and greet feeling
    + great stories
    + Everything that was wrong before got fixed
    + No more scalling hurray!! (No way you'll finish the game at lvl 1 like in Oblivion- No way you'll finish it at 20 either)
    + Boring stuff before become super stuff now

- 1 bug every 20 hours (and they managed to get it right when you'd think no way there's going to be no bug, I'm still putting a minus)
    - How could they produce such a game? There's something fishy here...
    - You might miss school or work
    - Other pc&console games seems like mobile phone games, you might not want to play anything else

Here's my mark (Skyrim should get over a 100 but well), because of the very very minor bugs and errr-hmmm you become an archmage too quick, it gets:
    98/100

Gothic is a matter of taste and a little special, so I'll put it in a corner of my head to say: Skyrim is the best game I've ever played. It's better than other games in every possible area (except mass effect for the story). definitly game of the year.

Oh yeah I have something negative to say about that game: You can't have you companion digging for you!
    And it doesn't make coffee either
    AshleyG ist offline

2. #2 Zitieren
    Knight
    well, it indeed is great game, so far anyway.

Really love the visuals too.

But i really don't like that for many menus, i can't escape it with ESC or so, but i have to use same button that i used to get there in the first place. Quite annoying.
    Zocky ist offline

3. #3 Zitieren
    Knight Commander
    Zitat Zitat von AshleyG Beitrag anzeigen
    + Some stuff is scripted (really well), and there are parts that make you feel as you are in front of a holywood movie
    I would put that as a minus.
    My skin for Opera Web Browser.[Bild: tOC_sig1.jpg]
    Nisarg ist offline

4. #4 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Zitat Zitat von Nisarg Beitrag anzeigen
    I would put that as a minus.
    Not really. It is a big plus: for example in Gothic 1 you had the dead guys in the new mine after the old camp's invasion. Then you had Ur-Shak being attacked. You had Y'Berion falling into sleep. You had people checking left and right before telling you a secret. And you had In Extremo playing for you. Needless to talk about G2. Scripting is very good for games, in creating atmosphere.
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

5. #5 Zitieren
    Knight Commander
    But the stuff in Gothic didn't make you feel like you were watching a movie. Ur-shak getting attacked or the invasion of the Free mine were interactive - you controlled what you did. But in a movie or cinematic, you cannot control that. I don't mind some small cinematics but I like nothing making me feel like it's a movie, apart from the intro or the extro.
    Nisarg ist offline

6. #6 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von Heart Collector
    For the first time I've found myself enjoying a Bethesda game - and to the point where I was actually contemplating sick leave Naturally I didn't take it but it's been years since I've felt so twitchy to get back to a game. I've only played a few hours so far... But it's a few hours more than I could tolerate in their previous games. BTW: I'm playing on the PC of course.

So far, I feel that Bethesda has fixed some things that put me off their other games. The NPCs actually don't want to make me drive a knife in their head - and feel more alive and less like annoying mannequins. The world looks very good and not as plastic as Oblivion. The leveling system feels better. The lockpicking minigame is really enjoyable, as are the various books I find. And Magic feels satisfying. The game in general feels more, uh, organic, not as plastic and generic as Oblivion. And there seems to be a huge amount of depth and things to do - I've not even scratched the surface yet.

It has shortcomings of course. The UI feels very game-y, and whilst I'm getting used to its functionality it still feels out of place in an RPG. The graphics are a bit worse than I expected but that doesn't detract from the overall experience. So far, the game looks rather bleak, not vibrant enough. And whilst I am a player who likes bleak games, My problem is that it looks bleaker than it feels - sort of like it's trying too hard to be thus but is only superficially so (Gothic 3 was more vibrant but still had a darker, more menacing feel). Granted I've only seen a few areas so far so this could change.

Granted this is nowhere near an informed fan review - it's more of a first impressions sort of post. But so far Skyrim has been a wonderful experience, and I'm happy that for once Bethesda crafted a game that really appeals to me. It does not surpass Gothic - I think that no other game will ever have that honor - and still does not strike that specific chord that PB manages with their games, but it has drawn me in and left me wanting more, and that's enough for me.

Well done Bethesda
    Heart Collector ist offline

7. #7 Zitieren
    Knight Commander
    Sounds quite good to me then. Not worth the perfect reviews its receiving but nevertheless, good. Definitely on the list of games I shall try out in May.
    Nisarg ist offline

8. #8 Zitieren
    Demigod Avatar von Dino
    Good little review there

I got Skyrim myself but I haven't really got the time to actually play it
    I'm busy with university and shit so yeah. But I watched my brother play it for a while. It looked damn good, especially the melee combat. Since I usually go for a caster or a bow-guy in TES I was surprised by the new close-quarter combat they have provided.
    I will most likely play as a Nord dude with a 2h. Although 1h + magic has always been my preferred setup and style
    Dino ist offline

9. #9 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von Zocky Beitrag anzeigen
    well, it indeed is great game, so far anyway.

Really love the visuals too.

But i really don't like that for many menus, i can't escape it with ESC or so, but i have to use same button that i used to get there in the first place. Quite annoying.
    I played it on xbox and menus are a huge improvement. I don't know how it works on pc, can't use esc? That's weird.

@Nisarg: The scripted stuff doesn't feel scripted that's what's great, you go into a room and people are talking, you can inturrupt them, or listen. Sometimes you are asked to listen, so just stand here. You also have random scripted stuff, like messengers and stuff, lol I crossed paths with a fugitive who just stole boots and asked me to keep them for him and not tell anyone I saw him or he'll kill me.
    There's nno cinematics (so far). When I talked about a movie I meant on the quality/feeling.
    It's interactive as in Gothic, and I must admit, better, the world seem less static. In gothic you found dead guards, you missed what happened and it happened always at a certain time after a certain quest. It felt scripted. In Skyrim you know it's scripted because it's a game but it doesn't feel that way.

@Maladiq: +1 (I agree)

@Dino: thx
    AshleyG ist offline

10. #10 Zitieren
    Knight
    nope, no escape button, that's why i am bitching in the first place. :P
    And i do get a feeling that it IS because of consoles, like that.

But! Game is amazing so it's ok, i can live with it.
    Zocky ist offline Geändert von Zocky (14.11.2011 um 21:03 Uhr)

11. #11 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von RageGT
    Skyrim is simply the best RPG to the date! I'm really impressed. And it has so much of Gothic and Risen in it. And Origins too.

The UI needs some getting used to but after that it flows pretty natural. And setting hotkeys 1-8 is the key to make it much more comfortable. All the rest is simply brilliant!
    Over 40 hours with it, still level 25 and I barely started the game! I'm foreseeing some 1,000 hours easily with one char. Like someone mentioned somewhere else, they gave us like 6 games in one out of the box, compared to the content and extension of recent RPG's which even charge us more for lame DLC.
    RageGT ist offline

12. #12 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Zitat Zitat von RageGT Beitrag anzeigen
    compared to the content and extension of recent RPG's which even charge us more for lame DLC.
    YES! Fuck those. Just one more question: how is the level scaling implemented? Is there such a thing?
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

13. #13 Zitieren
    Knight Commander
    Zitat Zitat von AshleyG Beitrag anzeigen
    There's nno cinematics (so far). When I talked about a movie I meant on the quality/feeling.
    In that case, it is indeed a huge PLUS.

Zitat Zitat von Maladiq Beitrag anzeigen
    Just one more question: how is the level scaling implemented? Is there such a thing?
    I think it serves to prevent the strongest dragons from hunting you early on, but seems to be implemented rather well. I read someone getting one-hit-killed by a giant or some beast.
    Nisarg ist offline

14. #14 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von Heart Collector
    Zitat Zitat von Nisarg Beitrag anzeigen
    I think it serves to prevent the strongest dragons from hunting you early on, but seems to be implemented rather well. I read someone getting one-hit-killed by a giant or some beast.
    Happened to me this morning, I went up against a giant at lvl 4 and got swatted like a fly I think I could have whittled down his health eventually with some smart play but I had to leave for work, I'll try when I get back.

I'm not sure how level scaling is implemented, but I believe it's been tweaked a lot and it is considered better than Oblivion's. However judging by those giants I think that the enemies that look big bad and mean actually are big, bad and mean. I can't know exactly how it will feel later on though, it's too early.

Got to play a few more hours last night and this morning, the game has only grown on me since then. I really hope PB manages to make Risen 2 exceptional, because I must admit, Skyrim is gonna be very, very difficult to top.
    Heart Collector ist offline

15. #15 Zitieren
    Played a couple more hours... So everyone is saying "I'll play as a...", but to reach the highest level you need to train everything. I usually use heavy armor with 1h axe & firespells & summoning & healing & summoning & sometimes shield but yesterday I tried a little of archery (didn't like it so much, I'm gonna use trainer for that skill, and only use it against dragons, really effective!) and started using light armor to run faster. you gotta do a little of nearly everything (don't have to but it's nice to change). One detail : if you are used to 1hand and start playing 2h, you won't be able to fight the same enemies...

Update: So on top of the 2 guilds involved in one of the main 2 stories, I found 1,2,3,4,5 (counting) 5 other ones, and maybe there's more... There's one cool new guild.

Very cool: I found a tavern in Markarth with a bard that actually sings very well (french version), unlike most of the game bard's I've heard, so I sit down by the fire and enjoy the atmosphere (reminds me of something ... ), if it weren't for those idiots that tell their boring lives just next to me it would be great. that's something anoying in Skyrim, NPC's can't shut up! I don't care! they go on and on and repeat the same stuff! let me enjoy the song darn!
    AshleyG ist offline

16. #16 Zitieren
    Demigod Avatar von Dino
    Hmm I wonder if I should play as a cat with a bow and 1h... you know, some stealthy shit and sneaking arround. Is it any good?
    Dino ist offline

17. #17 Zitieren
    I'd say the sneaking is a little better than before, but basically it's the same and looks the same than before. You get a bonus of attack. Now there is a perk to pickpocket. It seems alright to me, I play as a battlemage and there 1 third of the perks I don't like so much and I'm gonna pay to train rather than using, but sneak ain't one of them. I'm planning to join the thieves guild and DARK BROTHERHOOD (maybe my favorite guild), I don't know yet but I bet the stealth system within those quests will be great (especially the brotherhood!).

Remark: stealth isn't much help against dragons (haven't really tried but I really don't think you can hide), but the bow is much more effective than magic it seems.
    AshleyG ist offline

18. #18 Zitieren

Metasyntaktische Variable
    Some reviews I found are funny. They praise Skyrim for having revolutionary new features. Like:
    • Items in the inventory are rendered as 3D models
    • You can interact with many environment object (with animations!)
    • When swimming in rivers, the drift carries you away
    • Forging requires a forge (with animations!)
    • Less saturated colours in the world for darker atmosphere

Hmm... I seem to vaguely recall another game which had similar features. Was a while back though and by now, the developer has discarded many of them. Because no one wanted them and they added no gaming value to the game. Or so they said. What was the name of that game? Aww, it's on the tip of my tongue.

Seriously, I think TES can only profit from Bethesda taking up some old PB virtues. Especially if they do it right. PB always discards features claiming they had no real use in the game. And I always said: Then make more use of them. Bethesda did exactly that. 3D modelled inventory items have no use? Well, let's make it so that the player has to look at some items in the inventory at certain times. To solve a riddle or such. There's your use.
    foobar ist gerade online

19. #19 Zitieren
    Local Hero Avatar von DonPhoenix
    Zitat Zitat von foobar Beitrag anzeigen
    Some reviews I found are funny. They praise Skyrim for having revolutionary new features. Like:

Hmm... I seem to vaguely recall another game which had similar features. Was a while back though and by now, the developer has discarded many of them. Because no one wanted them and they added no gaming value to the game. Or so they said. What was the name of that game? Aww, it's on the tip of my tongue.

Seriously, I think TES can only profit from Bethesda taking up some old PB virtues. Especially if they do it right. PB always discards features claiming they had no real use in the game. And I always said: Then make more use of them. Bethesda did exactly that. 3D modelled inventory items have no use? Well, let's make it so that the player has to look at some items in the inventory at certain times. To solve a riddle or such. There's your use.
    Ditto.
    I've had a really bad day and I have to relieve my tension. Hold still...
    DonPhoenix ist offline

20. #20 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Zitat Zitat von foobar Beitrag anzeigen

Exactly how I put it in another post of mine in one of the Skyrim threads, the only thing that pisses me off is that the so called "gaming journalists" praise things in Skyrim that have been around for 10 years since Gothic 1 and none of them gives credit to the game. Heck, they didn't even hear about the game.

About all else, a big ditto. I think right about now some of the people at PB are face-palming quite hard.
    Maladiq ist offline

Seite 1 von 4 1234 Letzte »