Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Seite 2 von 4 « Erste 1234 Letzte »
Ergebnis 21 bis 40 von 73
  1. #21 Zitieren
    Knight Commander
    The biggest things I hate about Skyrim (as of now) are its reviews. I mean, some of them even mention valid flaws but subtract something like 5% of the maximum score. The same stuff in games of less famous devs would result in at least 15%-20% dropping easily.
    My skin for Opera Web Browser.[Bild: tOC_sig1.jpg]
    Nisarg ist offline

2. #22 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Well, take gothic 1 for example: full of bugs and problems, yet the game was so good it didn't matter. Same here.
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

3. #23 Zitieren
    Knight Commander
    Skyrim's guild questlines are supposedly even shorter than those of Oblivion. So that's why they invented random shit like Radiant Story©®!
    Nisarg ist offline

4. #24 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von RageGT
    Over 120 hours already with my first char and I'm can easily say it will be a 500+ hours playthrough minimum! I barely scratched the surface of the world, still have so many locations I haven't even discovered.

Like I said, Foobar, it has so much of Gothic/Risen and even Origins on it. The very best features of them all. The killing animations are awesome. I've impaled and decapitated so many enemies that I can't keep a track of it.

These are the final stats of my Smith-Enchanter Warrior With Ebony-only gear. Can't improve more than this, I think, because both Enchantment power and Smithing improvement power are at extra 100% already. (I know that daedric and dragonbone would give me higher numbers but not even close in the good looks department =)

Level 42 - Total AC 687 - Ebony Greatsword damage: 223 + 32 Fire (max possible) with 200 charges

To get that I used extra Enchanting from +25% Elixir and extra Smithing from +23% Amulet, +24% Ring and +50% Elixir. The total greatsword damage considers both my Gauntlets and Ring with +32% Two-Handed damage each! And when needed I have rings and amulets for each resistance at +48% each. Armor has +67 Life, Helmet +57% Magicka Regen, Boots + 58 Stamina, Amulet with another +58 Life and I have amulets, rings and gear for carrying extra weight and barter when needed. - Always in Master Diff and there are always dangers that can kill me fast if I'm distracted or overconfident.

All that is left now for me is to reach 100 Enchanting and add another enchantment to each item! =)) And of course, get rich, buy every house, continue developing my speechcraft and invest in shops, seduce opposite sex merchants and perhaps, someday, start doing quests, marry Aela and have nice puppies... err.. children, with the bitc... err wife!

Somehow I doubt I'll be finished when ME 3 comes out! Damn awesome game Bethesda has thrown at us. Best ever, IMHO.

Oh, and we can really fly!!!!

TES V - Skyrim - Fly Wulf
    RageGT ist offline

5. #25 Zitieren
    Fighter Avatar von Saberstorm
    I have not played Skyrim yet. But I do have a question. Why are the graphics so awesome? DO NOT tell me budget. I know they had a huge budget. But imagine that I had a huge budget and were to develop a video game, what tools would I need to aquire to make this type of great graphics?

Explain to me HOW it is that the graphics are so much better??

Why would PB not have the same techniques at their disposal? Yes, on a smaller scale, but they could gain access to similar methods and technology, correct?

Also, why can these better graphics work on an Xbox 360?
    "Don't throw stones at every dog that barks at you" George Silver
    Saberstorm ist offline

6. #26 Zitieren
    Knight Commander
    On the PC, I think the tech employed by Risen for the graphics is at least as good as that for Skyrim (judging from the screenshots) - in fact shadows in Risen are better, but there is no AA support.

It is the technique that matters.

In PB games, there are often many meshes with arbitrarily high poly count for no particular reason. For performance, other meshes are often simplified too much instead of a more balanced approach. One can also see that in the Risen 2 screenshots.

Another important, and unavoidable, difference is that for the sake of immersion in PB games, the interiors of buildings aren't separate loading cells but are embedded into the outdoor world. This adds extra strain on the resources so that the game has less resources for the actual graphics.

Oh, and with lots of budget you could also have lots of people working on the graphics - lending a more polished feel to it. But it doesn't work out so well for smaller companies, and there are also some problems with creative expression.
    Nisarg ist offline

7. #27 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von RageGT
    No amount of bugs, and they are few and unimportant, would deserve taking 1 point of a perfect score for Skyrim. The only problem it has, for the PC, is the UI but we get used to it pretty fast and soon there will be tons of mods fixing and improving its funcionality.

This is what Skyrim is about.

TES V - Skyrim - Hour 150

A short 40 secs video that says about the same thing Angry Joe said in this long and awesome review.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Angry Review

What I'm really curious is how the f*** they managed to put that sh*tload of content in only 6GB when much smaller games demands 12-18 GBs of our HD?
    RageGT ist offline

8. #28 Zitieren
    Sword Master Avatar von Mage Master
    Zitat Zitat von RageGT Beitrag anzeigen
    What I'm really curious is how the f*** they managed to put that sh*tload of content in only 6GB when much smaller games demands 12-18 GBs of our HD?
    Tha's probably the first thing I notice. But now that I think about it, it's probably becaus of the randomness and the repeatedly used textures, models and so forth. Also item's are actaully really few. There is like only one set of every "level" and that's it.
    Mage Master ist offline

9. #29 Zitieren
    Demigod Avatar von Dino
    Zitat Zitat von Dragon Born Beitrag anzeigen
    i also have 2 questions related to the game, i hope this is the right thread to post them. What do you have to do to join the dark brotherhood? (in oblivion someone came for you after killing a person, but i've already done that and no one came to ask me for joining) And can you continue to do quests in the game after finishing the main storyline?
    You have to contact them personally or something, or find a guy who wants to contact them. Well that's what I heard anyway, I am also trying to figure it out myself. Guess I'm too busy killing stuff in tombs and places.

And the game is just GREAT. The more I play it the more I like it.

I'll make a review sometime later when I have gone further into it but for now I just wanna enjoy it.
    Dino ist offline

10. #30 Zitieren

Metasyntaktische Variable
    What do you have to do to join the dark brotherhood?
    Go to Windhelm. You'll hear rumours of a boy trying to contact the Dark Brotherhood. Find that boy and follow his quest, it'll lead to the Dark Brotherhood.
    foobar ist offline

11. #31 Zitieren

...and there goes my attempt not spoil everything for the people reading this thread.

Hint: Use [spoiler] tags to avoid ruining other people's gaming experience.
    foobar ist offline

12. #32 Zitieren
    Kämpfer Avatar von UrukGox
    This is very poor RPG, IMO. Boring dungeon cravling, grinding for skill, there is no multi-linear or c&c tasks .. I played with wizard(summoner/necromancer) on master difficulty, and after I completed the main task for the magicians I have become OP ... Now my game has no challenge ... This is just another TES which I left unfinished.
    everything you ever needed to know about rune magic

-----------------

Do not believe anything they say. Keep your eyes open!
    UrukGox ist offline

13. #33 Zitieren

what is the maximum level i can reach?
    According to this, it should be 70.
    foobar ist offline

14. #34 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von RageGT
    Zitat Zitat von UrukGox Beitrag anzeigen
    This is very poor RPG, IMO. Boring dungeon cravling, grinding for skill, there is no multi-linear or c&c tasks .. I played with wizard(summoner/necromancer) on master difficulty, and after I completed the main task for the magicians I have become OP ... Now my game has no challenge ... This is just another TES which I left unfinished.
    Wow, hundreds of uniquely designed dungeons, many with a very interesting story behind and most of them with awesome, simply brilliant design and visuals. I'm at it with my first char for 180 hours now, level 54, 2-handed/smithing/Enchanting/Heavy Armor/Speech all at 100 and many other useful skills at high level with no perks, most powerful built IMHO, Master difficulty and if I'm too over confident and forget to save all the time, sometimes the game will teach me a hard painful lesson.

True, most things were too easy then but I switched to a mix of Light/Heavy armor (or I'd die in 2 hits even at level 50+), sword/shield, sneak, archery and some other stuff I'd been using since start with no perks, like lockpicking and restoration. Now, I have to be even more careful than before or a lousy forsworn ravager will do just that, ravage me! I'm bringing the char to level 55 to match my two Oblivion chars which ended up at that level after 500 hours gameplay time each. And then back to my main gear/weapon/skills even if I gain no level after that. I'm still way too far from completing 2/3rd of the game even with over 200 miscellaneous and 70 major quests completed. I have about 30/30 still open and I gain more quests all the time!

Zitat Zitat von foobar Beitrag anzeigen
    According to this, it should be 70.
    Max level would be 81 but that's theoretically. It would be a real pain and time consuming to level all skills to 100, if not impossible.

This explains why: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Leveling
    RageGT ist offline

15. #35 Zitieren
    Fighter Avatar von AshleyG
    Ehmm valid flaws? Skyrim has a few bugs but nothing that should make the score drop alot. Even 5% is exagerated. I mean it's far ahead of most games.
    Ok I had a few game freeze on the xbox, but it's alright. The dragons can be anoying especially the strongest ones...oh wait I reached 100 in enchanting... +62 mana +62 mana -15% destruction cost etc (double enchanting for each armor piece is available at level 100 )... bye bye dragon, a couple of the best fireballs (2nd best fire spell) and goodbye dragon, hey now it's fun again!

I have a job so not too much time to play, still I'm lvl 57, don't really need to level up too much, maybe I could use a little more health just in case. Darn I don't have any more skill points, I used one in sneek, I'm 97 in destruction I'll need one once I'm 100.
    Yup in skyrim, you can be who you want to be but can't get all perk. I don't care about alteration, archery and light armor for example so that's a few points saved for something else.
    Oh god my improved-improved daedra double enchanted daedra armor complete set is so great I wanna kiss it. 460 in armor (100 in forge + I drank a 50% forge bonus potion before improving my stuff which explains the "improved-improved").

@Saberstorm: Hey about the xbox (and ps3), those things still have alot of potential in them. Skyrim is still far from what is possible to do with them (that's why no new console are planned for the next few years).

ps: Damn, now there are 3 posts in WoR news Ihaven't read! They was only one a couple of days ago! Can't they wait a few weeks after Skyrim?
    AshleyG ist offline

16. #36 Zitieren
    Demigod Avatar von Dino
    From what i've seen, it takes quite a lot of time to level up in skyrim. by the time i finish the game i expect to be around level 25-30. i don't think it's very likely to reach such a high level like 70 or 80.
    Yeah maybe if you only do the main quest you'd be arround 30. For the time being I haven't really followed the plot so much. Instead I am doing mostly side quests and exploration, and I'm lvl 20 something. The game pretty much lets me do everything I want and I love that
    Dino ist offline

17. #37 Zitieren
    I'm at the part in the main quest where you
    Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)
    see a dragon come back to life and the woman you were with talks to you about the Thalmor

I'm guessing it's only the beggining. I should finish the main quest quickly once I pursue it anyway, beeing lvl 60 right now.

I heard rpg was dead a couple of years back. Well it's back and Skyrim is competing with the best fps's (which is increadible), I guess there's going to be alot of new fans of rpg's, which is good for risen . (In a video from the 15/11 I heard thepb's saying there's a ton of quests and the world is gonna be huge (much bigger than they planned) - I bet it's because of Skyrim)
    AshleyG ist offline

18. #38 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von RageGT
    how long does it take until the dark brotherhood contacts me after doing aventus arentino's quest?
    Not long but don't forget to go to sleep! =)
    RageGT ist offline

19. #39 Zitieren
    i did. i knew from oblivion that the dark brotherhood contacts people when they sleep, but i've slept once after aventus' quest and nothing happened.
    Did you finish the quest? Did you sleep at night? (maybe it depends on that)

I think you get a message first. You should go to a town so a messenger can find you.
    Anyway, the Brotherhood decides when to contact you, you can't just go to a guide on W3, and directly get what you want... Bethesda didn't want to make the game feel too scripted (you cheater!).
    AshleyG ist offline

20. #40 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von RageGT
    Zitat Zitat von Mage Master Beitrag anzeigen
    Tha's probably the first thing I notice. But now that I think about it, it's probably becaus of the randomness and the repeatedly used textures, models and so forth. Also item's are actaully really few. There is like only one set of every "level" and that's it.
    You should take a look at the Unique Items list and the magic items you can find in a loot. It's not actually few, by far!

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Items

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Unique_Items

Ow, btw, have you guys seen this? 1.5 million views in a few days! She's awesome and the song/theme from the game helped too.

The Dragonborn Comes - Skyrim Bard Song and Main Theme Female Cover

This is the original in-game song with a Bard and her version after that:

TES V - Skyrim - The Bards Talsgar and Malukah sing The Dragonborn comes
    RageGT ist offline Geändert von RageGT (09.12.2011 um 10:55 Uhr)

Seite 2 von 4 « Erste 1234 Letzte »