Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Ergebnis 1 bis 13 von 13
  1. #1 Zitieren
    Local Hero Avatar von DonPhoenix
    Hey guys!

At the moment I'm completing quests in Bandit's camp after Jan took me to his camp.. I'm level 4 now. Here are my critics until now:

- Why the hell is protagonist acting in such "bad-ass" way? I don't like that at all and due to the fact he seems showoff, I'd expect someone to react roughly to his affrontal approach, but they seem too calmed...
    - Is it only me or is fighting with shield rather easy? I could just block every attack with my shield and make the fight last all day long.. Does that change with difficulty?
    and..
    - Since fighter for Don is kinda high rank, I'd expect them to be tougher all the way (so I could only defeat them once I get some skills and better equipment).

Now to help:

I've been gathering some gold to buy better equipment (firstly armor) but atm I have around 350 gold coins.. Problem occurs when Hawkins wants to sell me Worker's clothes for 500 gold.. my questions is: "Is it worth it?"

When I played Gothic I could dodge attacks during combat (step back or how can I say). Is this possible in Risen too or must I block all the way?
    I really want to use axes, and those are without a shield meaning I should dodge instead of block (to animals too).

That's all for now, thanks for answers.
    I've had a really bad day and I have to relieve my tension. Hold still...
    DonPhoenix ist offline

2. #2 Zitieren

Metasyntaktische Variable
    Zitat Zitat von DonPhoenix Beitrag anzeigen
    Problem occurs when Hawkins wants to sell me Worker's clothes for 500 gold.. my questions is: "Is it worth it?"
    Generally, yes. It's basically the first-level faction armour (protection +10). Unless you already have something like that or feel you can manage without it, you should buy it.

When I played Gothic I could dodge attacks during combat (step back or how can I say). Is this possible in Risen too or must I block all the way?
    Double tap the movement keys.

Feeling a bit masochistic and want to read more of my diatribes? Check out Foobar's Rantpage.

foobar erklärt die Welt der Informatik: Was ist ein Zeichensatz?Was ist die 32Bit-Grenze?Warum sind Speicheroptimierer Unsinn?Wie teste ich meinen RAM?Was ist HDR?Was ist Tesselation?Warum haben wir ein Urheberrecht?Partitionieren mit MBR oder GPT?Was hat es mit dem m.2-Format auf sich?Warum soll ich meine SSD nicht zum Anschlag befüllen?Wer hat an der MTU gedreht?UEFI oder BIOS Boot?Was muss man über Virenscanner wissen?Defragmentieren sinnvoll?Warum ist bei CCleaner & Co. Vorsicht angesagt?Was hat es mit 4Kn bei Festplatten auf sich?Was ist Bitrot?Was sind die historischen Hintergründe zur (nicht immer optimalen) Sicherheit von Windows?Wie kann ich Datenträger sicher löschen?Was muss ich bzgl. Smartphone-Sicherheit wissen?Warum sind Y-Kabel für USB oft keine gute Idee?Warum sind lange Passwörter besser als komplizierte?Wie funktionieren Tintenstrahldrucker-Düsen?Wie wähle ich eine Linux-Distribution für mich aus?Warum ist Linux sicherer als Windows?Sind statische Entladungen bei Elektronik wirklich ein Problem?Wie repariere ich meinen PC-Lüfter?Was ist die MBR-Lücke?Wie funktioniert eine Quarz-Uhr?Was macht der Init-Prozess unter Linux und wie schlimm ist SystemD?Mainboard-Batterie - wann wechseln?Smartphone ohne Google?
    foobar ist offline

3. #3 Zitieren
    Knight Commander
    - Why the hell is protagonist acting in such "bad-ass" way? I don't like that at all and due to the fact he seems showoff, I'd expect someone to react roughly to his affrontal approach, but they seem too calmed...
    I don't recall his acting showoff all the time. Just about as much as the protagonist in Gothic II. Or maybe a little less than that (NH in Risen certainly wasn't very rude to Ursegor )

- Is it only me or is fighting with shield rather easy? I could just block every attack with my shield and make the fight last all day long.. Does that change with difficulty?
    and..[/QUOTE]

No, fighting with the shield is damn easy. Except ghouls because they have this icy breath which makes you recoil even if you block it with a shield.
    My skin for Opera Web Browser.[Bild: tOC_sig1.jpg]
    Nisarg ist offline

4. #4 Zitieren
    I bought the armor and an axe which does 25 damage and requires 15 strength. I hope I'm equipped well for future fights. (PS: I found a ring +1 to axe skill).

I tested axe fighting with Brogar and I found tactics with which he can be easilly defeated so.. And I found out parrying is same with or with no shield, they won't break your parry (at least that didn't happen yet). I just hope I won't have problems with creatures.

I also went into a cave Dorgan is said to went but there were those Grave moths (when I still had sword + shield and no armor) but they almost killed me due to their quantitive attacks after my unsuccesful attacks, which barely made some damage to them. I hope I'll be able to sort them out now.

@Nisarg, maybe it's true NH was similiar in G2, but if I remember right in those cases he got his ass beaten if he acted overpowered against another char, in first chapters ofcourse. Although I really hardly remember.

About shields, I probably won't use it since I decided to be an "axeman". :P Makes me work harder I guess

@foobar, thanks for help with dodging and for nice tip which I most likely won't regret.

Just to clarify my current position, I'm in Chapter 1 and I'm slowly getting to know Bandit's camp. I liked Jan and some hunters, but most of fighters are douches and lazy - I'm not completely sure to join the Bandits. I'll soon check out Harbor town and see what's the situation there.

UPDATE:

I finally cleared out the cave Dorgan was in but I was also curious and went into the tunnel in that hole in the cave. It led me to some stingrats- no problem- but when I tried to get back up, I couldn't go. I was persuaded to go through another exit, but there was a pack of wolves there and I wasn't all that confident to defeat them, but in the end, I had to. I killed those without harder problems- thanks to armor and axe- and then continued my way whereever I was going, in the end I came to a farm with novices. I've done all the quests there and now i'm ready to stroll in the Harbour town, Bandit's camp needs to rest for a while.
    DonPhoenix ist offline Geändert von DonPhoenix (12.10.2011 um 20:02 Uhr)

5. #5 Zitieren
    UPDATE:

I'm in town now, I've just spoken to Carlos and I must say I'm more convinced to join the Order.

Is it a problem if I already helped Lukor and Delgado? Does this mean I won't be able to do enough duties for Order to convince Carlos? And another thing, when I was talking to a novice, I heard once you are recruit, you can become Warrior of the order, but recruits are forced to use staffs. Can I use Axes aswell?
    DonPhoenix ist offline

6. #6 Zitieren
    Veteran Avatar von Aetherian
    UPDATE:

I'm in town now, I've just spoken to Carlos and I must say I'm more convinced to join the Order.

Is it a problem if I already helped Lukor and Delgado? Does this mean I won't be able to do enough duties for Order to convince Carlos? And another thing, when I was talking to a novice, I heard once you are recruit, you can become Warrior of the order, but recruits are forced to use staffs. Can I use Axes aswell?
    You can do quests for both parties to a point, it should give you a message when you complete a quest for one or the other, IE - 2 of 4 for Bandit Camp or something like that, and when complete 4 quests for that party then that's what you belong to.

Also, yes you can use axes as an WotO but when training in the monastery you have to have one staff in your inventory, but you don't have to use it or waste skill points on it.
    Aetherian ist offline

7. #7 Zitieren
    I did join the Order indeed, but in the end I feel so guilty Every single man of the Don died, except Cid, damnit. Where is the justice? And all my Bandit camp's quests got canceled, too bad since I didn't finish them all and left some of them for later

Anyway, where can I learn lockpicking now? I really want to steal Alvaro's staff.

And with whom did you guys join with on your first playthrough?
    DonPhoenix ist offline

8. #8 Zitieren
    I did join the Order indeed, but in the end I feel so guilty Every single man of the Don died, except Cid, damnit. Where is the justice? And all my Bandit camp's quests got canceled, too bad since I didn't finish them all and left some of them for later

Anyway, where can I learn lockpicking now? I really want to steal Alvaro's staff.

And with whom did you guys join with on your first playthrough?
    I don't know what you did but I never had the Bandit Camp dudes die after I joined the Order. They just all trudged back to the swamp and sulked. When you join one side or the other any remaining quests for the other side will be canceled.

One of the trainees at the monastery will teach you lock-picking.

The very first time I played through Risen I was for the Don.
    Aetherian ist offline

9. #9 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von Aetherian Beitrag anzeigen
    I don't know what you did but I never had the Bandit Camp dudes die after I joined the Order. They just all trudged back to the swamp and sulked. When you join one side or the other any remaining quests for the other side will be canceled.

One of the trainees at the monastery will teach you lock-picking.

The very first time I played through Risen I was for the Don.
    I did absolutely nothing to them, they just appeared dead once I got to their post (after I explained Carlos they won't cause problems anymore) .. Except Scordo whom I actually killed.

And thanks for help

DAMN- I found a trainer for pickpocketing, but I can't find one for lockpicking :S

UPDATE 1:
    I've come to the monastery now, ended my basic training and got the book for Vitus. I also finished quest Hemlar's murderer, which was amazing quest. I haven't "solved" such good quest in a long time. I hope more similiar quests "appear" in future.

UPDATE 2:
    I started working on other masters' tests and also went in library underground, which was kinda awesome thing. I also got attacked by skeleton, but I killed it with no bigger problems, except that if he hit me 2nd time, I'd be dead.
    DonPhoenix ist offline Geändert von DonPhoenix (20.10.2011 um 11:39 Uhr)

10. #10 Zitieren
    A little update..

I'm in chapter 2 already, collected 4 out of 5 discs already, recently fought Gryger. And since everything seemed easier as I progressed to chapter 2, I changed my difficulty to hard, though I'm not sure what changed.

I have 107 strength, wielding Berseker's axe, level 7 axe fighting, wielding Rune shield (kinda handy :P) and armor of Warrior of the Order. I have 2 crystals atm, but I'm missing Frost crystal and sadly it's the one I'd like to have, but I don't know where to find it. Can I get a little hint? (not exact location but somehow an area...you know what I mean).

Also, I found a teacher for opening locks in Monastery.
    +
    Don's people from Harbour town were spotted in Bandit's camp indeed, that means they weren't killed. Seems like loot from their cloned bodies was a reward.

And guys, why are Lizardmen damn good at fighting, I still didn't find a right technique to kill them faster and less painful for me.. And Ghouls are also some nasty creatures.
    DonPhoenix ist offline

11. #11 Zitieren
    Mythos Avatar von Gothic Girlie
    For the frost crystal: talk to Pallas after you are allowed to the upper yards of the monastery. "Can you teach me..."

Gothic Girlie

Ein paar Kurzgeschichten: http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum...lypsen-Varants

Wettbewerb-Beitrag für den Risen-Storywettbewerb: http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum...ry-Die-Scheibe
    Gothic Girlie ist offline

12. #12 Zitieren
    Halbgott Avatar von axon
    Or you can beat down Pallas and take it from his inventory.
    Mitgewirkt an:
    Das Korsarennest (Tester, Sprecher), Dunkle Geheminisse (Übersetzer), Odyssee (Sprecher), X in 1 Mod (Tester), Xeres‘ Rückkehr (Storywriter, Tester, Sprecher)
    axon ist offline

13. #13 Zitieren
    As for the lizardmen, you can freeze them with the frost crystal except for one, and then lead him to a remote location and once there freeze him with the frost spell and then bash him a few times, refreeze him with the frost crystal, bash a few more times....and repeat until dead. Then go back to the others and repeat the process.
    Aetherian ist offline