Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 14 von 17 « Erste ... 371011121314151617 Letzte »
Ergebnis 261 bis 280 von 324
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #261
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    Oh my, I just had a fangasm while watching this?

http://page.g3csp.bplaced.de/2nd-december-2012/?lang=en
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!

2. Beiträge anzeigen #262
    Warrior Avatar von The Ore Baron

The Ore Baron ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Maladiq Beitrag anzeigen
    Oh my, I just had a fangasm while watching this?

http://page.g3csp.bplaced.de/2nd-december-2012/?lang=en
    I know I did. And it's just the second day!

Hell, just when I thought Decembers could not get any cooler, along came the CSP team and their Advent Calendars. Every year on December mornings, I check the AC before I read the news.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #263
    Bücherwolf  Avatar von HerrFenrisWolf

HerrFenrisWolf ist gerade online
    Zitat Zitat von bigsnappy Beitrag anzeigen

HerrFenrisWolf, I took the liberty to add a link to the CSP Advent Calendar in your post above. Hope you don't mind!
    Sure, no problem.

Zitat Zitat von The Ore Baron Beitrag anzeigen

Hell, just when I thought Decembers could not get any cooler, along came the CSP team and their Advent Calendars. Every year on December mornings, I check the AC before I read the news.
    Thats a nice comment , thank you.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #264
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    Oh em gee: http://page.g3csp.bplaced.de/3rd-december-2012/?lang=en

The dark brown one looks amazing And I really like the dreads, though they would have worked better if the beard was braided or dreaded, to fit the hairstyle. Feel free to add beads or other ornaments in 'em beards
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!

5. Beiträge anzeigen #265
    Knight Avatar von Dez

Dez ist offline
    Cool advent calendar

I'll be sure to follow this one. And I also dropped here to wish good luck with this project. You guys rock! I cannot wait to play g3 once more with this mod enabled. It must feel like a whole diffrent game

Btw when you are close to relase date, make sure inform the gaming media like rock, paper and shotgun, rpgwatch etc. People are crazy for these kind of large mod projects.

I think we are even going to see many new gothic fans. People are going to buy quite many gothic 3 copies when they see what you have done

6. Beiträge anzeigen #266
    Ranger Avatar von Zelazko

Zelazko ist offline
    I want to thank entire CSP team for teasers presented in the advent event show.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #267
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    http://page.g3csp.bplaced.de/6th-december-2012/?lang=en

All looks good, with one exception: I like the old Ordensscwert better.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #268
    Knight Commander

Kostaz ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von The Ore Baron Beitrag anzeigen

These look very good but I never saw the details of the G3 faces due to the camera used when talking to them, is there any chance the CSP might be able to tweak the game to provide a few more close-ups?

9. Beiträge anzeigen #269
    Veteran

glumetzul ist offline
    Changes some textures and models is nice. Adding new stories, characters, books and quests is what I'm excited about so it seems that the latest days of the calendar are the "big boys".

If you manage to complete all you are working on, this would deserve a reaction from the game owners like doing a full voice over for it and re-releasing as Gothic 3 Super Enhanced

Too bad Gothic 3 that whoever owns the right to G3 (I guess it's those guys that bought JW) doesn't give a crap about it. But I'm sure every gothic fan with a copy of the game will be glad when this will be ready.

10. Beiträge anzeigen #270
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von glumetzul Beitrag anzeigen
    whoever owns the right to G3
    That would be Piranha Bytes.

11. Beiträge anzeigen #271
    Veteran

glumetzul ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Maladiq Beitrag anzeigen
    That would be Piranha Bytes.
    I'm afraid it's whoever bought JW (it was some austrians if I remember right). PB has the rights to Gothic starting with Gothic 5 (unless there was just a time limit not a number of games limit on that license).

12. Beiträge anzeigen #272
    Knight Avatar von Ariogaisus

Ariogaisus ist offline
    I'm afraid it's whoever bought JW (it was some austrians if I remember right)
    Nordic Games.

13. Beiträge anzeigen #273
    Schwertmeister Avatar von bigsnappy

bigsnappy ist offline
    If you manage to complete all you are working on, this would deserve a reaction from the game owners like doing a full voice over for it and re-releasing as Gothic 3 Super Enhanced
    I guess Nordic Games (not sure though) would have to finance the engagement of the original voice actors for all the extra lines of speech the CSP added. And everything would have to be at least translated from german into english.

I'm not sure whether Nordic Games will be interested. But..... who knows?
    Everything is relative... until it bites.

14. Beiträge anzeigen #274
    Veteran

glumetzul ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von bigsnappy Beitrag anzeigen
    I'm not sure whether Nordic Games will be interested. But..... who knows?
    I was just daydreaming. It's obvious they wouldn't give a crap about financing the enhancement of a game that's 6 years old (and will probably be at least 7 years old by the time CSP is ready).

15. Beiträge anzeigen #275
    Fighter Avatar von SkullX

SkullX ist offline
    We eat them!
    If you even try to look the other way...

16. Beiträge anzeigen #276
    Knight Avatar von Dez

Dez ist offline
    I really like that you are trying to make the gameworld to feel more belivable.

1) Portrayal of women or should I say lack of women was always my biggest distraction in the orginal gothic 3. Its hard to imagine the gameworld to be real if one can only find men in it. It left me this bizzarre feeling, like something was broken.

So I really like that you have redesigned female npcs and added more women into gameworld. While you're at it, I hope you guys also give them more different kind of roles to fullfill, like as shopkeepers, maids, farmers, hunters, artisans etc).

In addition I hope you give some thought to cultural differences. I'd imagine that society in the midlands is quite traditional. Women are free, but society values traditional rolemodels. So women are mostly farmers, shopkeepeers, maids, artisans etc. Like in Gothic 2.

Maybe in Nordmar women are treated more equal. After all it's a harsh environment with limited resources. There is no room for softness in such warrior/hunting culture, so women have to be tough and carry their weight and make due just like men do. Maybe not as frontline fighters, but as scouts, hunters, herb collectors, healers etc.

My quess is that in the south women have least rights. I get this conservative vibe from hashisin culture. Your birth determines your place in the society and in life. There very little room to move from caste to next caste. So women are likely to have least freedoms in such culture. Maybe Nomads on the otherhand are more like Nordmarians. Women do their part and are respected. After they are nomads and live in very harsh environment.

2)

Gothic 3's gameworld had somewhat belivable infrastructure. I always find myself wondering how these people live when I play open world rpgs. Gothic 3 gave me many answers to this question, but the infrastructure isn't perfect. So giving more emphasis on food production, farming, hunting mining etc. Basicly how the society can work can only have a positive effect to immersion.

3)

I also like that you have decided to restore pb's vision about human gladiators who gain their freedom by winning it in the arenas. Arena battles should feel more spectacular and more organized. Larger number of spectators is needed for example.

When you step into arena, it should mean something for the orcs. Every orc should gather around the ring and watch their gladiators fight. Orcs respect strenght and honour, their whole culture is built on those ideals.

In the orginal gothic 3, most orcs just continued their business as usual even if there was a fight going on in the arena.

Heh more thoughts later
    Geändert von Dez (18.12.2012 um 07:20 Uhr)

17. Beiträge anzeigen #277
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    It would be nice to have scripted fights in the arena between NPCs from time to time, and see the reaction of the public to it. I always wanted to see those in G1.

18. Beiträge anzeigen #278
    Sword Master Avatar von C-Hawk

C-Hawk ist offline
    U two have good points there..
    I am C_Hawk and I support this message

No seriously.. I think the arena fights ideas are rly good, for the feeling of rly being in an immersive world...

Come to think of it:
    It's just so.. dull - in every city, camp, cave (nomads)
    I think there should be more life in them.. Like some patrolling ppl (guards in G1 and G2; Old camp, Khorinis - also the sect ppl in G1, who travelled from the Sect Camp (Loonie Camp) to some other place.. idk, nvr followed them)
    Movement gives the feeling of life, in this case.. just statues are boring, and make them seem like.. (Was going to put statues here, lol) dead people who do nothing.
    Also in Nordmar, in the camps.. nobody does anything, they just stand watch, or sit by the fire.
    So, what I mean is: (Almost) every person has a fixed position in the world, and doesn't do anything else then standing or sitting.
    Yes, the patrol duty in Ben Sala.. And some guys in uhm.. Geldern? Place where Lares is..
    Maybe smth else, could be possible.. but most guys just don't have any other duty.

So: Make arena fights look like the Orcs pay attention. (Also: When u leave the ring, the fight is over, but when u keep slashing and ur opponent leaves, u don't win..
    I also think u should be able to bet on other people, and yourself.

Do hunters pay more for pelts, teeth, and so on? If not, they should, and some of them should need some order of a kind.
    Like: "This Hashishin has ordered me to get a large amount of Shadowbeast horns, could u get them for me, I'm not really into hunting them."
    After all, business is business, if they are ruled by Orcs, or humans.. some of em even say exactly that. (Who? idk anymore)

What we haven't discussed is the beginning, or anyway.. I haven't seen anyone talking about it. Will Ardea be in the same state at the beginning, loads of Orcs, unbeatable in Hard Mode (without help from Rebel Camp)?

I'd like it if the caves could have a different form.. they say they dont rly copy them caves, but seriously.. it can't be more obvious.

Anything ppl want to add to this rampage?
    Arcadia - A click and win tale

19. Beiträge anzeigen #279
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    Let's bring here the discussion from the website
    http://page.g3csp.bplaced.de/18th-de...-2012/?lang=en

Zitat Zitat von Maladiq
    Yeah, we need a cat house. It would be funny/creepy to see orcs as clients in such an establishment, and the women working there talking about how the orcs are much gentler and better lovers than human men.
    Zitat Zitat von C-Hawk
    Maladiq, I think there should be other ways of utilising them catz [Bild: icon_razz.gif] (I mean that customers shouldnt be Orcs, but only humans)
    Im thinking about some mercenaries who are rly lazy and are the whole day in such an establishment. And ofc, NH has to fix this, i.e: “Make sure they understand what we want them to do.” [Bild: icon_biggrin.gif]
    But ofc they should also have some form of quests on their own (them catz).
    Like in Risen.. [Bild: icon_smile.gif]
    Meh, I doubt the ladies would be in a position to refuse the orcs if they wanted some action. I would REAAAAALLY want to see some female orcs and an orc village in Nordmar, but that would mean a ton of work and is basically impossible for a fan team to do. Orc ladies in a cathouse, though?

20. Beiträge anzeigen #280
    Sword Master Avatar von C-Hawk

C-Hawk ist offline
    Maladiq, I also think Orcs don't really bother with these.. affairs
    They keep to themselves. xD
    I just don't think they fit into a house with them catz.. not as customers.
    Gotta be serious:
    about how the orcs are much gentler and better lovers than human men.
    Yes.. ofc, Orcs are much gentler than the humans..
    remember: The Orcs don't give jack shit about the humans, they disgust them.

adding: Can't this be stickied? The Gothic Multiplayer Project is also stickied, but I think people are more excited about this project, then that one.
    edit: not much difference between views and postings (both have 1 thread full)
    Arcadia - A click and win tale
    Geändert von C-Hawk (20.12.2012 um 17:24 Uhr)

Seite 14 von 17 « Erste ... 371011121314151617 Letzte »