Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 1 von 21 12345812 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 404
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Schwertmeister Avatar von bigsnappy

bigsnappy ist offline

RPG Welcome to the Mine Colony (text-based RPG)

The famous German Gothic Online RPG Minenkolonie has now been translated!

Minenkolonie (English: Mine Colony) is a text-based online roleplaying game (RPG) settled in the Gothic universe. It takes place during the time of Gothic 1 at the Valley of Mines inside the Magical Barriers, but without the Unnamed Hero known from the games. Players can create their very own characters to be part of the Colony and tell an unique story as a prisoner together with other players. Since the game is a text-based RPG, players are using an innovative chat system to interact. This also allows you do make your character do literally everything you can imagine a prisoner would do. You definitely haven't seen a game like this before. There are no boundaries of imagination set at all.

You start as a simple prisoner in the north of the valley. Now you are free to explore the world and start your adventure. Join a camp, make friends and have a little chat at the campfire after a hard day in the mines. Maybe you choose to be a thief in town or to go into the wood to hunt Scavengers and Molerates. If you feel strong enough, you might even find some orcs to fight with. You could end up being a wise Fire Mage at the Old Camp or a tough Mercenary protecting the Water Mages in the New Camp. As member of the Ore Barons Guard you are free to claim protection money of new prisoners. Of course you can also be part of the Brotherhood of the Sleeper in the swamps and do whatever you think they do...

Minenkolonie is based on the LotgD Source Code.
    The German server opend 2007 and is still running. Within the community there is an extremly friendly atmosphere and new players are joining constantly.
    Now the game has finally been translated into English and the server has been opened.
    Therefore the English community of Minecolony is still very small, but we try our best to grow.

It is also important to mention that the game was made by a private person and is completely free. To register all you need is an Email address, a name for your character and of course a whole lot of fantasy that wants to be unleashed. ;-)

We are looking forward to see you at www.minenkolonie.com

Your MK-EN Team

Klick below to register now.
    http://mk3.minenkolonie.com/create.php?c=1-010735
    Everything is relative... until it bites.
    Geändert von bigsnappy (15.07.2011 um 22:29 Uhr)

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Lehrling Avatar von MKMerc

MKMerc ist offline
    I would like to say thank you to bigsnappy and everyone who already joined the game. It may be a little bit confusing in the beginning, because of all the great things you can do.
    Please don't hesitate to ask, if you have any questions or if you find texts that have not been translated yet.

Your Question:
    Our Answers...

How can i find stuff or how can i kill something?

Travel to one of the Hunting areas and unsere the top left button Hunting (1 Round) to start. When you are hunting you loose rounds.

I can't travel or hunt anymore, what do have to I do?
    Wait untill "New Day".
    New ingame days start at 3am, 9 am, 3pm and 9pm GMT+1

Where do I get a weapon from?
    There are cheep starter weapons at the Interchance Place. Later you can buy swords and axes at the blacksmith of the Old Camp. Bows and crossbows you get in the New Camp.

Why the hell is everybody speaking like they actually are prisoners?
    This is a role playing game (RPG). Therefore, when you are chatting you are roleplaying. You act, think and speak like your character would do. If you want to talk OOC (Out Of Character) use the forums or send a mail.

How can I make my roleplay look better
    Use: /me or /x to start your post. You can also try around with colors: Just type `1 or `2 or `3 or `4 , `5 , `6 , `! , `§ , `$ , `# , `q , `Q and everything following after will be colored as you like it.

Are you able to trade with others or you can just buy and sell from merchants that are set in game?
    Yes, you can either let a merchant in the Old Camp sell the goods for you, for a certain percentage, or you can use the delivery service by the novices in the Swamp Camp.

I'm standing on the hunting grounds but i can't find the "hunt" option. What's wrong ??it's been 2 days and nothing has changed. What am i doing wrong?
    Common mistake... the "hunting grounds" are the place where hunters meet, but if you want to go out killing some mobs, you should travel to one of the locations at "Other Hunting Grounds", like the Northern Mountains
    Geändert von MKMerc (17.07.2011 um 14:56 Uhr)

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Ranger Avatar von GmanXTS

GmanXTS ist offline
    the game is weird (personal opinion don't haggle it) new but weird and it's not a bad thing.

How can i find stuff or how can i kill something ?

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    Schwertmeister Avatar von warstrike

warstrike ist offline
    I dont get it . You said it`s translated but talents and perks are still in german , i got no clue what those are for...and most of the conversations are still in german . And by the way ,i can`t travel anymore ,i tried to sleep but it says i`m not tired enough to fall asleep. What`s the matter,i don`t understand anything...

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5

MKMerc ist offline
    Travel to the Northern Mountains for example and klick Hunting on the top left.
    The Status on the top right shows the number of Hunting Round and Journeys you have left. To add a perk you need learning points. You get 5 LP everytime you level up.
    Geändert von MKMerc (16.07.2011 um 11:34 Uhr)

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6
    Adventurer

Lebavc ist offline
    How can i find stuff or how can i kill something ?
    Go to a forest via the travel option and click hunt.

Zitat Zitat von warstrike Beitrag anzeigen
    I dont get it . You said it`s translated but talents and perks are still in german , i got no clue what those are for...and most of the conversations are still in german.
    Don't exaggerate. I barely speak German and I understand most of the things. Hint: Use google translate or a dictionary.

And by the way ,i can`t travel anymore ,i tried to sleep but it says i`m not tired enough to fall asleep. What`s the matter,i don`t understand anything..
    Same thing happened to me. Just wait one day and you'll be able to travel again. Be glad you're not going away for a week like me, because you would have to delete your account.

EDIT: I forgot to mention how awesome and addictive this game is. Cheers!
    Geändert von Lebavc (16.07.2011 um 12:27 Uhr)

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7

warstrike ist offline
    Wait ,what? wait 1 real day? I just traveled 3 times...and now i must wait 1 day??

It`s nice of you to understand german ,but my language is far from that and i can`t even guess what it means...

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8

MKMerc ist offline
    One day ingame = 6 hrs in real live

ALSO: Account are not being deleted automaticly anymore. This was in an old German version.

9. Beiträge anzeigen #9

warstrike ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von MKMerc Beitrag anzeigen
    One day ingame = 6 hrs in real live

ALSO: Account are not being deleted automaticly anymore. This was in an old German version.
    oh thanks man i thought i had to wait till tomorrow .

btw i love the map and the music havent played much but it looks great. If it was 100% translated it would have been perfect
    Geändert von warstrike (16.07.2011 um 11:52 Uhr)

10. Beiträge anzeigen #10
    Adventurer Avatar von Minenkolonie

Minenkolonie ist offline
    It's still a work in progress... please report any errors you might encounter

11. Beiträge anzeigen #11
    Local Hero Avatar von DonPhoenix

DonPhoenix ist offline
    I really like it
    I'm only curious if you can learn some secondary skills in-game like thieving, collecting animal trophies,...?

12. Beiträge anzeigen #12

MKMerc ist offline
    Yes you can. There are Perks for both collecting animal trophies and thieving.
    And furthermore, you can do everything you want in Roleplay. There are NO boundaries.
    The famous text-based Gothic RPG now also in English!
    www.minenkolonie.com

Und natürlich nach wie vor auf Deutsch.

13. Beiträge anzeigen #13
    Cat  Avatar von Larisa

Larisa ist offline
    You definitely haven't seen a game like this before.
    Most probably. So a few screenshots to give me an idea how the interface looks and so on could help.

14. Beiträge anzeigen #14

MKMerc ist offline
    I can't screenshoot everything, but here you go...
    Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)
    www.minenkolonie.com

15. Beiträge anzeigen #15
    General Avatar von KGS

KGS ist offline
    where does it say how much ore i have

16. Beiträge anzeigen #16

MKMerc ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von KGS Beitrag anzeigen
    where does it say how much ore i have
    Right hand side ---> Character
    www.minenkolonie.com

17. Beiträge anzeigen #17
    General Avatar von KGS

KGS ist offline
    Code:
    UPDATE questlog SET text='Oh crap, now they threw me into that damn colony.`nI need to join one of the camps if I want to survive in here.&newln&The guy wants Magic Ore of me so that I can join the camp. I wonder were to get it from though?`nBut as I got this far I wont give up just because of this. Maybe I'll find it somewhere by chance.&newln&The guy wants Magic Ore of me so that I can join the camp. I wonder were to get it from though?`nBut as I got this far I wont give up just because of this. Maybe I\'ll find it somewhere by chance.', status=0, time='2011-07-16 18:40:50' WHERE status=0 AND user=17349 AND title='Joining a camp'
    You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'll find it somewhere by chance.&newln&The guy wants Magic Ore of me so that I ca' at line 1
    Call Stack:
    1: db_query("UPDATE questlog SET text=...") called from /is/htdocs/wp1076223_JSUELKE3RR/MKGAME/mk3en/lib/quests.php on line 18
    2: addquest("Joining a camp", "The guy wants Magic Ore o...", 0, 1) called from /is/htdocs/wp1076223_JSUELKE3RR/MKGAME/mk3en/lager.php on line 52
    when i try to join the sect camp

18. Beiträge anzeigen #18

Minenkolonie ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von KGS Beitrag anzeigen
    when i try to join the sect camp
    Should be fixed, please try again

19. Beiträge anzeigen #19
    Local Hero Avatar von DonPhoenix

DonPhoenix ist offline
    I have another question. Are you able to trade with others or you can just buy and sell from merchants that are set in game?

20. Beiträge anzeigen #20

Minenkolonie ist offline
    Yes, you can either let a merchant in the Old Camp sell the goods for you, for a certain percentage, or you can use the delivery service by the novices in the Swamp Camp.

Seite 1 von 21 12345812 ... Letzte »