Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Seite 8 von 20 « Erste ... 4567891011121519 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 141 bis 160 von 400
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    You were asked this on facebook:
    Are you going to be on this year on gamescom?

And you answered:
    No, because there's nothing to present yet.

My question for you is how would you define "something to present" or "something worthy of presentation"?
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

Apprentice Avatar von raiton7
    Okay, I have another question:
    Who is the music manager now ?
    raiton7 ist offline

Adventurer Avatar von apocReg
    Not so much of a question but as long as PB are working on a PC RPG, be it Risen 3 or Gothic X I'll be extremely happy!
    apocReg ist offline

Fighter Avatar von AshleyG
    Zitat Zitat von apocReg Beitrag anzeigen
    Not so much of a question but as long as PB are working on a PC RPG, be it Risen 3 or Gothic X I'll be extremely happy!
    Most people that are "fans" of PB enjoy their particular way of doing things and "touch" and enjoyed most of their games for that reason (I'd say G1, G2&addon and Risen 2) so no matter what they're working on we'll like it as long as it's not a bit rushed and doesn't seem unpolished as Gothic 3 and Risen 1 felt (in particular Gothic 3 what a catastrophy!).

I wonder what they're doing, I bet it's something new and surprising, even if it's a gothic it'll feel new since we haven't played that in more than 5 years and it would surprise me if they would just continue the story where they left it and just get no new ideas.

Hmmm, wasn't this a question thread? Ok, what time is it? (topic respected).
    AshleyG ist offline

Ranger Avatar von Forward
    Zitat Zitat von AshleyG Beitrag anzeigen
    Most people that are "fans" of PB enjoy their particular way of doing things and "touch" and enjoyed most of their games for that reason (I'd say G1, G2&addon and Risen 2) so no matter what they're working on we'll like it as long as it's not a bit rushed and doesn't seem unpolished as Gothic 3 and Risen 1 felt (in particular Gothic 3 what a catastrophy!).

I wonder what they're doing, I bet it's something new and surprising, even if it's a gothic it'll feel new since we haven't played that in more than 5 years and it would surprise me if they would just continue the story where they left it and just get no new ideas.

Hmmm, wasn't this a question thread? Ok, what time is it? (topic respected).
    OMG was Risen 2 polished? I prefer g3 over risen2, any day, anytime.
    Forward ist offline

Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Risen 1 > G3 > R2.

After playing R2 I started G3 once again and... after hating it for so many years, I suddenly started loving it.
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

Hmm weird, you guys prefer gothic 3 over risen.
    Maybe it's because you're very attached to the gothic franchise?

To me, Gothic 3 was a big disapointment and quite uninteresting. The bugs and lagging were pretty anoying too.
    My favorite games from PB are Gothic2 (played 20 times), gothic 1 (5-10 times), risen 2 (2), risen 1 (3 times), Gothic 3 (2 times).
    If you think playing Gothic 2 20 times is alot, I'll let you know I've played over 3000 league of legends matches on the same map !

I consider Gothic 3 to be inferior to Risen 2, idk about 1.

Question: PB, are you more proud of your Risen games or of Gothic 3?
    AshleyG ist offline

Veteran
    I'm not even gonna bother to pretend to be ontopic here since this thread pretty much seems to have failed it's purpose.

I just wanted to mention that when it comes to the state of a game when released, G3 was by far the most unpolished and pretty much failed game PB even released. Just remember the killer boars not to mention the fact that the game wasn't playable on high details on any commercial PC at that time. It took two more years of patching by the community (and upgrading of computers by players) to bring the game in it's current state which I find quite entertaining to be honnest.

With Risen 2, the problems were with the design and concept of the game being not exactly what we wanted but there weren't any major bugs when released, the graphics looked very good and the voice acting was a lot better than Gothic 3. Overall I think that PB and DS still have the potential of releasing a game that we will all love. I'm happy to have seen that most reviewers hated some things in R2 what we all hated and knowing how DS will listen more to the reviewers who in their turn represent the casual gamers than to long time fans of PB I have some hope
    glumetzul ist offline

Warrior Avatar von Morgannin09
    I liked Gothic 3 even from release, but I cannot imagine going back to the vanilla game. It has improved so much with patching that each time I play it, it almost feels brand new. I think Piranha Bytes should sit down and play Gothic 3 with all the up-to-date community content, and take a cue from that on how to develop an awesome game. An adaptive combat system based around stamina, a wide-open world with tons of hidden secrets, lots of dialog and quests, and lengthy, in-depth sidequest chains. Gothic 3, on release, had virtually none of that, and Risen 2 sure as hell didn't either.

Then all they need to do is make sure they actually finish the game before releasing it. No more half-assed renditions of the characters we formerly loved. A well fleshed-out story with tons of integral characters. Situations where your choices seem to carry significant weight, changing how the journey to the endgame plays out. And so on.
    Morgannin09 ist offline

Ranger Avatar von Forward
    its year and half behind risen's 2 release date(almost). PB is that true you still have nothing to show yet? at least by this time you can tell us what you are working on.
    is that an rpg? maybe a racing game? can you tell us if theres going to be any news about your project this year?
    Forward ist offline Geändert von Forward (15.08.2013 um 14:00 Uhr)

Knight Avatar von TheDoctor
    Zitat Zitat von Forward Beitrag anzeigen
    its year and half behind risen's 2 release date(almost). PB is that true you still have nothing to show yet? at least by this time you can tell us what you are working on.
    is that an rpg? maybe a racing game? can you tell us if theres going to be any news about your project this year?
    Bring back Kai. At least he communicated with us.

Or Ralph. Ralph was good too.

Sigh... Piranha Bytes sure knew how to hype the shit out of their games back when Gothic III was in the works. One screenshot here... a tech video there... sure, the final game looked nothing like those, but who cared? From a marketing point of view it did miracles. Not only did it make us happy as fans but it fueled our hunger to learn more about the game.

Silence is the dumbest marketing strategy.. I bet it's DeepSilvers fault just as much as the Piranhas, because even a secretetive game company could - oh, I don't know - tell us what they're up to in no greater detail? Or start a dev blog? Or say hello every once in a while?

You're losing the english community, Piranhas..

My Risen short stories
    Gnork & Blargina part: 1, 2, 3
    An unusual meeting (pdf)
    TheDoctor ist offline

Schwertmeister Avatar von warstrike
    Zitat Zitat von TheDoctor Beitrag anzeigen
    You're losing the english community, Piranhas..
    Losing? It's already gone .
    Heh ,it's funny coz 10 years ago they had a website for Gothic 2(www.gothic2.com) ,posting all sorts of stuff and now they won't even bother answering a few questions on some forum.
    warstrike ist offline

Leave them alone, there's 3 active members on this forum and 1 new post every 3 months, plus there's a bug-me thread where pb people post a few replies from time to time.
    AshleyG ist offline

Zitat Zitat von AshleyG Beitrag anzeigen
    Leave them alone, there's 3 active members on this forum and 1 new post every 3 months, plus there's a bug-me thread where pb people post a few replies from time to time.
    AshelyG pls

[Bild: jodus+pls+_d5c0ef7781bcd3f83708256c13e5c01d.png]
    My Risen short stories
    An unusual meeting (pdf)
    TheDoctor ist offline

Piranha-Bytes
    Zitat Zitat von Forward Beitrag anzeigen
    No. We cannot.
    http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum...1#post21044301

Other than the fact that we are doing an RPG. Nothing new there though, I have confirmed that quite some time ago.

can you tell us if theres going to be any news about your project this year?
    Nope, cannot. Because: see above.
    Michael Rüve ist offline Geändert von Michael Rüve (05.09.2013 um 22:35 Uhr)

Apprentice Avatar von raiton7
    So we have to ask Deep Silver why they don't wan't to reveal some informations about actually PB's project.
    raiton7 ist offline

Piranha-Bytes
    Zitat Zitat von raiton7 Beitrag anzeigen
    So we have to ask Deep Silver why they don't wan't to reveal some informations about actually PB's project.
    That's correct - assuming Deep Silver is our publisher for the new project.
    Michael Rüve ist offline

Local Hero
    Ok.. but at least they are working on something. That's good news to me at least

And regarding the discussion above: it's weird that Risen 2 is (probably) Piranha Bytes most polished product so far and yet it is the game I like the least from Piranha Bytes. Gothic 3, on the other hand, is definitely their buggiest product ever, but it's strangely enough also the Piranha Bytes game I've played the most. I would even go so far to say it's my favourite.

I guess we should take this long wait as good news. It could mean they are working on something hugely ambitious and that they've been given time to actually finish it this time!
    mkreku ist offline

Zitat Zitat von Michael Rüve Beitrag anzeigen
    That's correct - assuming Deep Silver is our publisher for the new project.
    Since you have only been this secretive since you teamed up with DeepSilver, I assume you're still partners.

I will take a wild guess that you have a three-game-contract with DS, as is not uncommon. When and if your partnership ends with DS, here's hoping that you change publisher and return to an original RPG-title after Risen 3. Of course, we would have to wait at least 5-6 years for such a title to ever see the light of day.

As a reviewer, I'm still looking forward to Risen 3.

Edit: I just posted on thatgamecompany's wall. Thought their response to a petty fan like myself might be of interest here, so I took a screenie. I just love their correspondence to fans.

[Bild: ilovetgc.png]
    My Risen short stories
    An unusual meeting (pdf)
    TheDoctor ist offline Geändert von TheDoctor (08.09.2013 um 09:38 Uhr)

Local Hero
    What does Piranha Bytes think about Kickstarter?

And have you backed any projects yourselves? Either as individuals or as a company?
    mkreku ist offline

Seite 8 von 20 « Erste ... 4567891011121519 ... Letzte »