Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Seite 9 von 20 « Erste ... 2567891011121316 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 161 bis 180 von 400
    Warrior Avatar von Morgannin09
    The last major gaming event I can think of, now that E3 and Gamescom have passed without word from PB, is the Spike VGA. So unless they announce the game then, we'll probably have to wait for E3 or Gamescom 2014 before we hear anything.
    Morgannin09 ist offline

Piranha-Bytes
    Zitat Zitat von mkreku Beitrag anzeigen
    What does Piranha Bytes think about Kickstarter?
    Interesting but currently simply not an issue for us.

And have you backed any projects yourselves? Either as individuals
    Don't know.

or as a company?
    Financially? No. By spreading the word about specific projects? Yes.
    Michael Rüve ist offline

Local Hero Avatar von Delicieuxz
    Michael, are there specific new technical implementations to your current engine which you would share with us? What are some ways which your new project is graphically moving ahead of your previous ones?
    Delicieuxz ist offline

Knight Avatar von catalinux
    Michael Rüve, will you consider re-implementing the turn-left (assigned to A key) and turn-right (assigned to D key) in your current project?

I find difficult to play Risen 2 without those functions.
    catalinux ist offline

Risen 2 wasn't "difficult" without those keys, but I would not mind if they returned to it. Traveling in the Gothic games and in Risen was more comfortable when I could take my hand off the mouse Plus it actually makes them reasonably easy to play if you have a laptop without a working mouse, which is how I spent my first 20 or so hours in Risen.
    Morgannin09 ist offline

Piranha-Bytes
    Zitat Zitat von Delicieuxz Beitrag anzeigen
    Michael, are there specific new technical implementations to your current engine which you would share with us? What are some ways which your new project is graphically moving ahead of your previous ones?
    I'm at a loss there. I know there are fascinating graphical improvements (just on Monday we had an internal presentation of the latest area that got finished, real nice stuff!) - but given the fact that I'm not an artist and during my time as a programmer was never much concerned with graphics I cannot put any name to them.

Zitat Zitat von catalinux Beitrag anzeigen
    Michael Rüve, will you consider re-implementing the turn-left (assigned to A key) and turn-right (assigned to D key) in your current project?
    I doubt it. As far as keyboard interface is concerned we'll stick to the WASD that has become the standard in the last ten years. Turning is mousework there, does not fit well at all with additional turning keys.

Zitat Zitat von Morgannin09 Beitrag anzeigen
    Risen 2 wasn't "difficult" without those keys, but I would not mind if they returned to it. Traveling in the Gothic games and in Risen was more comfortable when I could take my hand off the mouse Plus it actually makes them reasonably easy to play if you have a laptop without a working mouse, which is how I spent my first 20 or so hours in Risen.
    For that - especially if you like me happen to play with a notebook lounging on a sofa - I suggest using a gamepad even on PC. While a mouse needs a firm surface to place it a pad does not.
    Michael Rüve ist offline

One thing I'll give credit to Risen 2 for, I was surprised at how good the interface was with both a keyboard/mouse and a gamepad. A lot of games struggle optimizing the controls for both (Skyrim felt pretty poor with both, and Dark Souls is unplayable without a controller), but Risen 2 felt comfortable either way.
    Morgannin09 ist offline

Warrior Avatar von SlamDunk
    Zitat Zitat von Michael Rüve Beitrag anzeigen
    I'm at a loss there. I know there are fascinating graphical improvements (just on Monday we had an internal presentation of the latest area that got finished, real nice stuff!) - but given the fact that I'm not an artist and during my time as a programmer was never much concerned with graphics I cannot put any name to them.
    Could you relay the question to someone who is able to give a proper answer?

I'm also very interested to know some details about the technological improvements and additions.
    SlamDunk ist offline

Ok, fair. Am I right to assume that it is yet again more graphically immersive than your previous releases? Assuming that this game will be on consoles, is Pb passing on the old consoles and instead targeting the new release of consoles for their baseline hardware performance, with added technological features in the PC release?

>> Could you relay the question to someone who is able to give a proper answer?

This would be very appreciated, indeed.
    Delicieuxz ist offline

Dragonslayer Avatar von Powaz
    Any chance you'll ever release the design documents for Gothic games (especially the third) to the public?
    Powaz ist offline

Apprentice Avatar von raiton7
    Q: Does Piranha have any plans for Gothic 1 and/or 2(with NOTR) for mobile platforms e.g. Android and iOS ?
    raiton7 ist offline Geändert von raiton7 (07.11.2013 um 13:58 Uhr)

Warrior Avatar von SlamDunk
    Q: Will you guys be supporting AMD's Mantle API?
    SlamDunk ist offline

Ranger Avatar von Andante
    Q: Do you think that your current project has a more melancholic/mature tone than your previous one?
    Andante ist offline

Local Hero
    How's the morale in team Piranha Bytes at the moment?

I'm guessing this lack of information is straining on you guys too. And having to read about "lazy devs" and other nonsense from us fans.

Anyhow, I wish you luck! Can't wait to see what you come up with for your next Risen, uh I mean game
    mkreku ist offline

Provinzheld Avatar von Nikolai81
    What is Mike Hoge's philosophy on women?

Absurd question, I know, but he made a mysterious reference to that in an interview.
    "Das war's mit dir, du Mistvieh!"
    "Verdammte Enten!"
    Nikolai81 ist offline

Dragonslayer Avatar von Powaz
    Why did you not employ Gus Gallagher to do the voiceover for the hero again, even though he voices him in the trailer of Risen 2?
    Powaz ist offline

^^ Deep Silver handled localization, which includes voice-overs. They might have outsourced voices to a different company to handle than Risen 1, without considering actor continuity, or the voice-actor might have been already contract or time bound to another project. Deep-Silver might be able to provide an answer, but I expect that PB don't know anything about English voices for R2.
    Delicieuxz ist offline

Piranha-Bytes
    Zitat Zitat von Morgannin09 Beitrag anzeigen
    One thing I'll give credit to Risen 2 for, I was surprised at how good the interface was with both a keyboard/mouse and a gamepad. A lot of games struggle optimizing the controls for both (Skyrim felt pretty poor with both, and Dark Souls is unplayable without a controller), but Risen 2 felt comfortable either way.
    That's a positive side effect of developing for more than one platform. Key/Mouse is still standard on PC while consoles obviously need Pad controls. At the moment guys here are playing our game (on PC) - some using a pad others using K/M.

Zitat Zitat von Delicieuxz Beitrag anzeigen
    Ok, fair. Am I right to assume that it is yet again more graphically immersive than your previous releases?
    Yes it is. Advances have been made there once again. But TBH that's not a real question, is it? I cannot answer "no" to this.

>> Could you relay the question to someone who is able to give a proper answer?
    This would be very appreciated, indeed.
    Let me quote Sascha Henrichs (artist), who has said a bit to this in the interview done 2 months ago:
    "For the new project, we implemented a better navigation technique for NPC, we also have cloth animation and a cool looking physically based lighting solution implemented."
    There's more, but for the time being we cannot talk about this. Yet.

Zitat Zitat von Powaz Beitrag anzeigen
    Any chance you'll ever release the design documents for Gothic games (especially the third) to the public?
    No.

Zitat Zitat von raiton7 Beitrag anzeigen
    Q: Does Piranha have any plans for Gothic 1 and/or 2(with NOTR) for mobile platforms e.g. Android and iOS ?
    Not at this time.

Zitat Zitat von SlamDunk Beitrag anzeigen
    Q: Will you guys be supporting AMD's Mantle API?
    No. We do not see sufficient reason for this. Done half-heartedly will help no one.

How's the morale in team Piranha Bytes at the moment?
    It's good. We are seeing that this next project has taken form and is looking and feeling real nice.

I'm guessing this lack of information is straining on you guys too. And having to read about "lazy devs" and other nonsense from us fans.
    You know, "lazy devs" is harmless. There are far worse things around, culminating in weird conspiracy theories and personal hate-posts. One has to learn to ignore this.

Zitat Zitat von Nikolai81 Beitrag anzeigen
    What is Mike Hoge's philosophy on women?
    Absurd question, I know, but he made a mysterious reference to that in an interview.

Don't really know what you want to know, nor what you are referring to. What I can tell you that he's married and has two children, maybe that is an answer to your question?

Zitat Zitat von Powaz Beitrag anzeigen
    Why did you not employ Gus Gallagher to do the voiceover for the hero again, even though he voices him in the trailer of Risen 2?
    We didn't employ him nor any other English voice talent. We are responsible for the German localization, translation and voiceover for all other languages are done by our publisher, we hold no stake there.
    Michael Rüve ist offline

Provinzheld Avatar von Nikolai81

Don't really know what you want to know, nor what you are referring to. What I can tell you that he's married and has two children, maybe that is an answer to your question?
    Aha, I found the interview that prompted my question. Mike was asked why there weren't many female characters in the Gothic series, and he replied that he didn't want to answer that question, because it would be worth a thread an a philosophers' forum. I wasn't really expecting that you'd know the answer; my question was a bit tongue-in-cheek.
    http://www.gothicz.net/serie-gothic/...-about-gothic/

Incidentally I've always loved that the Gothic games are so politically incorrect, and realistic, in terms of gender roles. Refreshing!
    "Das war's mit dir, du Mistvieh!"
    "Verdammte Enten!"
    Nikolai81 ist offline

Knight Avatar von TheDoctor
    As far as I know the lack of women in the Gothic franchise has been due to the artists feeling more secure modeling male bodies than females, because their bodies are more complex and harder to get to look good. Just look at how the women turned out in Gothic 3 and you'll understand why this is a valid explanation. They were, admittedly, better modelled in Risen.
    My Risen short stories
    Gnork & Blargina part: 1, 2, 3
    An unusual meeting (pdf)
    TheDoctor ist offline

Seite 9 von 20 « Erste ... 2567891011121316 ... Letzte »