Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Seite 5 von 20 « Erste 1234567891216 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 81 bis 100 von 400
    Adventurer Avatar von apocReg
    Zitat Zitat von Quy Beitrag anzeigen
    1) Our target was to achieve a controls/UI solution, which satisfied both, PC and console players. In my opinion we met that objective. I love especially the keyboard controls, with which I don't have to use my mouse to control the inventory any more.
    2)Yes, indeed! If I remember correctly, you don't have to shoot a single bullet if you don't want to.
    3)Right now, I doubt that one of our games will ever have a new game plus feature.

Quy
    Thanks so much for your response Quy, love that you can navigate the inventory with a keyboard!

Yes on reflection I'm not sure a new game plus would work, I think what I mean is that in Risen 1 when I reached a powerful level with the best armour the game quickly ended, so really what i want to know is will there be more to do in the 'end game' than in Risen 1?

Thanks again
    apocReg ist offline

Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Thread necromancy!

Quy, or whoever answers the fan questions these days.

Ralf, Sascha, Kai. Is any of them involved with the making of the new game?
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

Knight Avatar von Dez
    So do you guys have any news about your next project?
    Dez ist offline

Piranha-Bytes
    Zitat Zitat von Dez Beitrag anzeigen
    So do you guys have any news about your next project?
    Nope. At least nothing beyond the fact that we are in fact working on one.
    Michael Rüve ist offline

Knight Avatar von TheDoctor
    Zitat Zitat von The Ore Baron Beitrag anzeigen
    Risen 3 confirmed
    Awww yeeeeaaaahhh!

@Michael, which titans will we see in Risen 3?
    My Risen short stories
    Gnork & Blargina part: 1, 2, 3
    An unusual meeting (pdf)
    TheDoctor ist offline

Ranger Avatar von Forward
    Zitat Zitat von TheDoctor Beitrag anzeigen
    Awww yeeeeaaaahhh!

@Michael, which titans will we see in Risen 3?
    OMG! you made my day buddy

michael can you confirm that you are working on risen3 so we know we shouldnt wait for it.
    thanks
    Forward ist offline

Warrior Avatar von The Ore Baron
    Zitat Zitat von Forward Beitrag anzeigen
    michael can you confirm that you are working on risen3 so we know we shouldnt wait for it.
    thanks
    Zitat Zitat von warstrike Beitrag anzeigen
    Oh well....till now i hoped for another Gothic game but i guess the hope is lost
    Oh wow, you guys are such downers I, for one, am exited about the new project, be it Risen or Gothic - it's a Piranha Bytes game either way, and I still haven't given up on them

But I see where you guys are coming from, I really do. And while it does not concern me too much, I'm interested in how Piranhas themselves feel about fans turning away from them, after repeated failure to appease them.

Mr. Rüve, I understand the obligations of political correctness you are most likely entangled in as spokesperson for the whole PB team, but perhaps there's a chance you'll be willing to tell us how you, personally, feel about the recent schism in the fanbase?
    The Ore Baron ist offline Geändert von The Ore Baron (29.11.2012 um 22:02 Uhr)

banned
    Zitat Zitat von The Ore Baron Beitrag anzeigen
    But I see where you guys are coming from, I really do. And while it does not concern me too much, I'm interested in how Piranhas themselves feel about fans turning away from them, after repeated failure to appease them.

Mr. Rüve, I understand the obligations of political correctness you are most likely entangled in as spokesperson for the whole PB team, but perhaps there's a chance you'll be willing to tell us how you, personally, feel about the recent schism in the fanbase?
    Yep.

Risen 2 is the only PB game that I have never bought. Aside from the graphics problems I would have to endure as an owner of a HD 7970, PB have obvioulsy tried to hit two birds with one stone, but with Risen 2, have actually ended up hitting no bird at all. PB have a very unique style in the games that they develop and that can still be seen in Risen 2, but they need to screw trying to play to the crowd (or what some marketing tossers perceive as the crowd) and get back to doing what they are good at......but this time, without all the performance bugs and issues.... The next round of consoles should be strong enough to deal with a Gothic 3 style seamless megaworld and that is exactly what PB are proven to excell in.....However, although Gothic 3 remains PBs most epic release, it was only really in an acceptable form 5-6 years after release and 20 community patches later (I completed it for 1st time ever just a few months ago).

As things stand, probably the only title that was released in excellent working order with no performance issues and minimal bugs was Risen. The fact they got Risen so right made me think that PB had finally got it sorted and thus, I was sorely dissappointed with both the performance issues and the overall direction taken in Risen 2.
    MatTheCat ist offline Geändert von MatTheCat (11.12.2012 um 19:16 Uhr)

Local Hero
    Hello,

A few questions:

1. Any chance of a CD Project Red/Piranha Bytes collaboration?

I read that the guys over at CD Project see Gothic as one of their inspirations. How about contacting them about technical exchanges, publishing (GoG) and general knowledge exchange? It would be great if two of the best European RPG developers could collaborate and grow stronger together.

2. What are the chances of Piranha Bytes ever going back to the ambitious mindset that made Gothic?

Ever since Gothic 3 (where climbing and diving was removed) it feels as if Piranha Bytes have not had that enormously ambitious mindset when creating their games. I miss those features (climbing, swimming, diving) as it was a big part of what made the Gothic games so unique. Will Piranha Bytes ever develop another games with features like this? Btw, Gothic 3 is still my favourite Piranha Bytes game. I might be alone in thinking this

3. Has Piranha Bytes considered porting Gothic for iOS/Android?

I recently bought a game called Aralon: Sword and Shadow for my iPhone, and I was surprised by how much it reminded me of Gothic. Then I remembered that Rockstar released a few GTA on iOS/Android and inXile released Bard's Tale on iOS/Android. So why not Piranha Bytes? If not in-house, then there are companies that specializes on porting code between platforms.

4. Will Piranha Bytes ever answer questions in the English forums again?

I noticed that the last post by a Piranha Bytes in the English forums was made in early December 2012. More than three months ago.. Not so much fun for us English speaking fans.
    mkreku ist offline

Knight Avatar von Ariogaisus
    Climbing and swimming was what made Gothic unique?
    Ariogaisus ist offline

banned
    Zitat Zitat von Ariogaisus Beitrag anzeigen
    Give him a game with a big landscape, meadows, mountains, and lakes, and where the Nameless hero has great swimming, climbing and diving skills.

...Give him all that, see if after 10 minutes he still thinks that swimming and climbing is what makes a game unique.
    MatTheCat ist offline

Piranha-Bytes
    Zitat Zitat von mkreku Beitrag anzeigen
    I read that the guys over at CD Project see Gothic as one of their inspirations.
    Hardly surprising considering that they have been the Polish publisher for Gothic from the beginning (at a time when the witcher hadn't even been conceived). They had a lot of time to see, learn and be inspired.

How about contacting them about technical exchanges, publishing (GoG)
    We've been business partners for quite some time. That includes GOG which lists all Gothic games.
    Michael Rüve ist offline

Apprentice
    Hi,

I have some questions for you, so please take your time for answers.
    So, When do you plan to publish the first informations about the new project ? Will the project
    follow on Risen 2, or Gothic ? Shortly, what will be followed by a new project ? Which new technical
    inovation do you plan ? (for example change of engin, etc).
    And what abou characters ? Could we rejoice on old friends from Gothic or Risen ? My last question
    is simple, which year do you plan game release ?

So, that´s all. I will be glad for answers. At least vague.
    Thanks.

Jémák ist offline

Apprentice Avatar von boddynight
    Hello everyone! I have a small question about the number of dialog lines in Risen 2. The IGN review tells me that there are 250.000 lines recorded. That is a bit high I think, knowing that the first game was about 15.000 lines (I know this because me and some other Piranha Bytes fans, we have translated the game into romanian, so that more people can have acces to it). Was it 25.000 lines? Or I'm I missing something?
    boddynight ist offline

Piranha-Bytes
    Zitat Zitat von boddynight Beitrag anzeigen
    Hello everyone! I have a small question about the number of dialog lines in Risen 2. The IGN review tells me that there are 250.000 lines recorded.
    Sounds like the count of words to me.
    Michael Rüve ist offline

Apprentice
    To Michael - And my questions? our community needs any news..
    Jémák ist offline Geändert von Jémák (03.03.2013 um 08:26 Uhr)

Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    All the communities need some friggin news. Could someone from PB please remove the giant stick from DS's arse?
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

Piranha-Bytes
    Zitat Zitat von Jémák Beitrag anzeigen
    To Michael - And my questions? our community needs any news..
    See Post #84...

Zitat Zitat von Maladiq Beitrag anzeigen
    All the communities need some friggin news. Could someone from PB please remove the giant stick from DS's arse?
    Erm... No. Ain't no surgeon on our payroll.
    Michael Rüve ist offline

Local Hero
    Zitat Zitat von Ariogaisus Beitrag anzeigen
    Zitat Zitat von MatTheCat Beitrag anzeigen
    Give him a game with a big landscape, meadows, mountains, and lakes, and where the Nameless hero has great swimming, climbing and diving skills.

...Give him all that, see if after 10 minutes he still thinks that swimming and climbing is what makes a game unique.
    I miss those features (climbing, swimming, diving) as it was a big part of what made the Gothic games so unique.
    Here, let me help you guys:

part
    n.
    1. A portion, division, piece, or segment of a whole.
    I know it is a very complicated word, but try anyhow.
    mkreku ist offline

Local Hero
    Zitat Zitat von Michael Rüve Beitrag anzeigen
    We've been business partners for quite some time. That includes GOG which lists all Gothic games.
    First, thanks for taking the time to answer. Much appreciated, trust me!

Second, I am aware of the kind of partnership you have at the moment. I was thinking more in terms of self publishing together with CD Projekt, like Bethesda does with their games.. but that's a huge undertaking and it would take collaboration on another level. I'm just dreaming.
    mkreku ist offline

Seite 5 von 20 « Erste 1234567891216 ... Letzte »