Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Seite 19 von 20 « Erste ... 812151617181920 Letzte »
Ergebnis 361 bis 380 von 400
    Warrior
    Zitat Zitat von Maladiq Beitrag anzeigen
    Ok... so... R3 is out. What now? What's next?
    Well, based on the enormous hangers Patty is sporting in R3 I'd say PB is now qualified for developing some tasty JRPG. Just kidding.
    rotator ist offline

Lehrling
    As I continue to play, one change I think I wish had been there: a need to 'uncover' the map by travelling over it. I.e. it would start out all black or sketchy and be replaced by the map as you explored. I think that would make exploration more rewarding and necessary. You could keep the Gothic system of having maps as in-game objects to clear some of the 'cover' away without exploring.
    AlistairUK ist offline

Piranha-Bytes
    Zitat Zitat von AlistairUK Beitrag anzeigen
    Could we possibly have a key to to hide the hotkey bar? It's in the way of seeing the lovely world and only needed sometimes.
    While there is no key that I know of there should be an "INI entry" you can change to get this kind of behavior. Something along the lines of "ShowHUD".
    Michael Rüve ist offline

Lehrling
    There's an entry in the 'debug keys' section which refers to the hud... but doesn't say how to turn debug keys on
    AlistairUK ist offline

Knight Avatar von catalinux
    Zitat Zitat von AlistairUK Beitrag anzeigen
    There's an entry in the 'debug keys' section which refers to the hud... but doesn't say how to turn debug keys on
    Maybe one would have to add an entry to "$(localappdata)/Risen3/Config" (maybe /Local Settings/Application Data/Risen 3/Config/ConfigUser.xml) ?

But what entry?
    catalinux ist offline

Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Hey, guys, can you ask DS to give you the Risen 1, 2 and 3 websites and host them at your website? R1 and R2 websites were really nice and it's a shame they are not online anymore
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

Apprentice
    After playing Risen 3 for about 15 hours, I find myself liking it more and more. One thing annoys me, though: enemies seem to have no way of hitting me while I am rolling, even if I roll right into their attacks. This seems a bit silly to me, and combined with the fact that I can eat and drink instantly, it means I can make myself impervious to damage and heal up completely whenever I want to during a fight. This makes the game too easy, I think, even on hard.

Is there any chance you could fix this, at least for the highest difficulty setting? Or perhaps you could introduce a new, higher difficulty setting, called something like "Gothic", where you can be hit while rolling, and where your companions are a bit squishier? As it is, I found there was no actual need for me to participate in 99% of the battles when I brought a companion along.

Kay
    KayAU ist offline

Piranha-Bytes
    Zitat Zitat von catalinux Beitrag anzeigen
    Maybe one would have to add an entry to "$(localappdata)/Risen3/Config" (maybe /Local Settings/Application Data/Risen 3/Config/ConfigUser.xml) ?

"In der ConfigUser.xml unter Game ShowHealthBar="false" (Minikarte/Kompass und Lebensanzeige) und/oder ShowQuickSlots="false" (Schnellleiste). "

So says NicoDE.
    Note: Unverified by me and unsupported by us.
    Michael Rüve ist offline

Adventurer
    Please add new difficulty, it's too easy!
    Jobesky ist offline

Dragonslayer Avatar von Powaz
    Who from the team created and was writing Bones in Risen 2 and Risen 3? Or are all characters collectively written?
    Powaz ist offline

Piranha Bytes Avatar von PB_Harry
    Zitat Zitat von Powaz Beitrag anzeigen
    Who from the team created and was writing Bones in Risen 2 and Risen 3? Or are all characters collectively written?
    In Risen 3 Bones was written by several ppl. I guess each of us wrote some dialogues from him ^^. So I guess in Risen 2 it was the same.
    ...da ist die Kuh erstmal vom Eis! - and that's the sound you hear when you really like a girl and find out she has a kid (by Strogenforcer)

Want to know how to break up with your girlfriend? Learn from Mastermind Jon Lajoie. Also if you want to compete with me, find me on the Battlefield . Bro, do u even praise the sun?

Visit our facebook page and get 1.000.000 liters of beer for free!!!111elf (Sorry folks just kidding)
    PB_Harry ist offline

Lehrling
    Zitat Zitat von Michael Rüve Beitrag anzeigen
    "In der ConfigUser.xml unter Game ShowHealthBar="false" (Minikarte/Kompass und Lebensanzeige) und/oder ShowQuickSlots="false" (Schnellleiste). "

So says NicoDE.
    Note: Unverified by me and unsupported by us.
    That seems to work - thanks!
    AlistairUK ist offline

Warrior Avatar von The Ore Baron
    Why wasn't this in the game?
    So many references to Gothic, and you missed a chance like that
    The Ore Baron ist offline Geändert von The Ore Baron (22.08.2014 um 02:37 Uhr)

Neuling
    Will there be a patch for the game that adds a harder difficulty setting?
    roxor ist offline

Fighter Avatar von AshleyG
    Why does you game suck?
    Ok that was harsh.
    Why do you still have a combat system that at best is unsatisfying and most of the time frustrating after so many people said they hated it and had no fun? The animals being faster than the hero 5 seconds "fast" attack is really a pain for people who don't know to dodge or don't like dodging (as myself).

I didn't like the story either, but I think the magic combat was original and quite fun even thought limited.
    AshleyG ist offline Geändert von AshleyG (29.08.2014 um 11:00 Uhr)

Provinzheld Avatar von Nikolai81
    Did you first establish that Patty was going to be our sister, and then decide to give her a sexual overhaul? In that case, I'd like to formally accuse you of trolling us.
    "Das war's mit dir, du Mistvieh!"
    "Verdammte Enten!"
    Nikolai81 ist offline

Knight Avatar von TheDoctor
    Have PB considered hiring proffesional story-writers? Of course, your story-writers are proffesional as well. But I am still posing the question.

The reason I'm asking is because I feel that the characters in Risen 1-3 has made a fairly forgettable impression on players. They are hard to relate to and sympathize with, which of course have to do with storytelling technique. Realating and sympathizing are key parts in connecting, immersing yourself into the adventure of a protagonist. It build emotional value and tension.

Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)
    Wrapping this in spoilers because Gothic comparisons are starting to get obnoxious.

Anyhow, I will still make one.

In Gothic 1 you sympathized with the main character from the start. He was being patronized by the judges in the intro video before dumped into the prison colony. He was weak, naked and (for all we knew) a good for nothing. We sympathized with his situation. In the first part of the game he is largely being picked on by guards and other people. This inspired a desire to root for him, to see him prevail and succeed.

Introducing Diego as a mentor at the immediate beginning of the game was a stroke of genius. He helped the player put the main character, the nameless hero, in context. He sized up the situation and made sure to inform us that the nameless hero is worth little to nothing in these parts. Again, this inspired sympathy.

This sympathy with the main character also helped emphasize the looming threat of the orc war, The Sleeper, the tension between the camps and the barrier. Why? Because we have an emotional investment in the hero. And we want to protect that investment. That's why meeting an orc for the first time felt so special. That's why it feels so good finally getting that guard armor. That's why finally beating the game makes for a mental orgasm. The tension is released. The hero won.

It's different in Risen. The intro video says nothing of the main character. When the game starts there is little to no information on the context of things - he's just there, for some reason. And then it's up for the player to figure it out. What's the problem here? There is no emotional investment. No inspired sympathy. He's just another character.

Are you planning on taking a "technical" approach to the storytelling of your next game, like you most likely will graphics and interaction design? I mean analyzing the impact the story has made on gamers, decide where it can be improved and take the necessary steps to make it so.
    My Risen short stories
    Gnork & Blargina part: 1, 2, 3
    An unusual meeting (pdf)
    TheDoctor ist offline

Knight Avatar von TheDoctor
    Oh and another question. Will your next game have forests? Not parks. Forests.
    My Risen short stories
    Gnork & Blargina part: 1, 2, 3
    An unusual meeting (pdf)
    TheDoctor ist offline

Schwertmeister Avatar von warstrike
    So what happens now?
    warstrike ist offline

Einmalposter
    Hi, Michael Rüve.

Since you just released Risen 3, this new game in franchise grows interest in older games - Risen 1 & 2, and this will lead to a temporary boost of sales of older Risen titles. Dont you think its a great chance to update a little both games?

Recently many devs (most recent news - GTA San Andreas got update on steam after 10 years since release, new version adds achivements and xinput gamepad support with some graphical improvements) update their old game on steam to keep them in sync with moder trend and features such as achivements, xinput gamepad support, compatibility fixes with new Windows and driver releases and more modern hardware. Such updates require a little work, but giving extra boost to sales of old games.

Risen 1 already had achivements and xinput support in xbox 360 version, remains of it are present in PC version, can we have achivements impemented in synch with steamworks API and xinput support + xbox 360 UI added to PC version of Risen 1? Can we have this game fully compatible with Steam big picture mode?
    Also can you guys bring widescreen 16:9 loading backgrouns that was present on Xbox instead of 4:3 stretches we have curently on PC?
    Maybe a few more modern features like extra FXAA, and SteamPlay support for Mac, Linux and SteamOs?

Can we expect to see same thing for Risen 2 as well (well, gamepad and widescreen support ther are proper, but could be improved a bit)?
    v00d00m4n ist offline

Seite 19 von 20 « Erste ... 812151617181920 Letzte »