Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Seite 18 von 20 « Erste ... 71114151617181920 Letzte »
Ergebnis 341 bis 360 von 400
    Veteran Avatar von MladjanDJ
    @Michael Rüve
    I'll rephrase then, why is PB not doing sandbox anymore?

edit: Just played a bit of The Forest, it's a sandbox game. PB games are not sandbox. So yeah, no need to rephrase my question... and no, R2 and, safe to say, R3 are not open world games.

@Jenny PB
    You are right in your reply to some degree but you certainly can't say that R2 or R3 are open world games, absolutely can not use 'world', it's just small maps with free roam enabled - and even that is not fully enabled...
    Brothers what we do in life echos in Eternity
    MladjanDJ ist offline Geändert von MladjanDJ (17.06.2014 um 18:03 Uhr)

Piranha-Bytes
    Zitat Zitat von MladjanDJ Beitrag anzeigen
    @Michael Rüve
    PB games are not sandbox.
    Thx. In fact up to now Gothic 3 has been the one that came closest to that - it was an experiment, results are well known. Albeit mostly due to technical problems which again resulted in the vastness.

Zitat Zitat von MladjanDJ Beitrag anzeigen
    safe to say, R3 are not open world games.
    What poor dead cat's entrails told you this? Especially considering you followed my line of differentiating between Sandbox (which Risen 3: Titan Lords is not and does not want to be) and "Open-World" (basically nowadays an undefined buzzword claimed by Tom, Dick, Harry and their brothers for their game).

If you consider Gothic 2 "Open-World" then you will consider Risen 3 "Open-World". If not - who knows what you define "Open-World" to be.
    Michael Rüve ist offline

Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Zitat Zitat von Michael Rüve Beitrag anzeigen
    Albeit mostly due to technical problems which again resulted in the vastness.
    And also from JW

Now, I have a request. If your next game will indeed be Gothic 5, please talk some sense into Bjoern. I get it that he has a recipe for his projects. He has his own preferences when it comes to game design. And I really don't have a problem with that. Hell, if you want to give us a new project, go for it, with all the creative juice you have.

But when it comes to an already existing universe, with clearly defined rules, just don't fuck it up because you have to prove something over Mike Hoge. (yeah, I get it, a change in hierarchy comes with some territory marking, but just use a chisel, not a wrecking ball).

That is why we hated R2. It wasn't a horrible game per se, it was mediocre, but had a nice personality. The problem we had with it was how much it departed from R1. And we really liked R1.

A series needs to have coherence. So my point is: if you want to make a new game, go for it, make it as innovative as possible, redefine the RPG genre. But when it comes to an already existing series, just follow the recipe.

Just imagine the new TES game being steampunk with Victorian outfits and guns instead of magic. Also only auto-trainable skills. Imagine the reactions.
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

Knight Avatar von catalinux
    @Michael Rueve, will you ever consider releasing the source code of GothicEngine (ZenGin) as open source? Am I right to suppose that you will never ever use the GothicEngine for developing another game?
    catalinux ist offline Geändert von catalinux (20.06.2014 um 21:35 Uhr)

Piranha-Bytes
    Zitat Zitat von catalinux Beitrag anzeigen
    @Michael Rueve, will you ever consider releasing the source code of GothicEngine (ZenGin) as open source?
    No. Contracts preclude us from doing so - which I have been stating for more than 10 years now.

Zitat Zitat von catalinux Beitrag anzeigen
    Am I right to suppose that you will never ever use the GothicEngine for developing another game?
    If you are referring to 17 years old Zengin the answer is likely to be: Yes. We will not.
    Michael Rüve ist offline

Schwertmeister Avatar von warstrike
    Will you announce any plans about future games after Risen 3's release?
    warstrike ist offline

Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Zitat Zitat von warstrike Beitrag anzeigen
    Will you announce any plans about future games after Risen 3's release?
    I can almost see an answer like "remains to be seen" or "will be up to the publisher". xD
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

Provinzheld Avatar von Nikolai81
    Did the Piranhas watch the World Cup together yesterday, and have you ever seen Pankratz happier than he is today?
    "Das war's mit dir, du Mistvieh!"
    "Verdammte Enten!"
    Nikolai81 ist offline

Piranha-Bytes
    Zitat Zitat von Nikolai81 Beitrag anzeigen
    Did the Piranhas watch the World Cup together yesterday
    Some did. But less than earlier on in the group phase - owed to the fact that it started at 22:00. Björn was not there - that's what comes of having small kids (their son is around 2 years old - too young to join or to be left alone).
    Michael Rüve ist offline

Piranha Bytes Avatar von PB_Harry
    Zitat Zitat von Nikolai81 Beitrag anzeigen
    Did the Piranhas watch the World Cup together yesterday, and have you ever seen Pankratz happier than he is today?
    I received a pretty happy photo of him and Jenny shortly after the german team got the damn thing HOAH! So I guess their happiness-level was very high ^^
    ...da ist die Kuh erstmal vom Eis! - and that's the sound you hear when you really like a girl and find out she has a kid (by Strogenforcer)

Want to know how to break up with your girlfriend? Learn from Mastermind Jon Lajoie. Also if you want to compete with me, find me on the Battlefield . Bro, do u even praise the sun?

Visit our facebook page and get 1.000.000 liters of beer for free!!!111elf (Sorry folks just kidding)
    PB_Harry ist offline

Rookie
    Can anyone comment on the 360 version of the game? How will the graphics compare to the 360 version of Risen 2? How will the graphics compare to a recommended spec PC? Will there be patch support for the console version (the popular dodging/rolling mechanic never made it to the console in Risen 2)?
    VegetaForce ist offline

Warrior Avatar von The Ore Baron
    On the occasion of the third Risen game being released, maybe PB would consider releasing a scanned version of the Gothic comic for free? I'd really love to read it.
    The Ore Baron ist offline Geändert von The Ore Baron (06.08.2014 um 12:24 Uhr)

Lehrling
    Not sure if this is the right place for patch requests

Enjoying the first few hours very much (PC) - feels like a real technology upgrade over the earlier Risen games.

Could we possibly have a key to to hide the hotkey bar? It's in the way of seeing the lovely world and only needed sometimes.

(Also, Take All should still work when there's nothing left in a chest, and that thing at the back of a little boat is called the Tiller, not the Wheel you get on a ship

And: Changing the way I'm facing when I close the map makes it harder to use than it should be...
    AlistairUK ist offline Geändert von AlistairUK (13.08.2014 um 21:38 Uhr)

Rookie
    I am stuck at the Reactor mages quest. I just dont know what to do.
    I have the first monolith stone brought from the Tacarigua Island, then nothing. Where do I get the other two stones?
    This game is amazing, but this quest really annoys my playing experiance and I just gave up playing this game.
    Zeev ist offline

Metasyntaktische Variable
    I think you might have better luck asking for help in our Help forum. I'm not sure PB will bother to give quest help to every player out there.
    foobar ist offline

Rookie
    Zitat Zitat von foobar Beitrag anzeigen
    I think you might have better luck asking for help in our Help forum. I'm not sure PB will bother to give quest help to every player out there.
    The English help forum is empty.
    I was defending this game from day 1 and I liked it very much. But clearly there is some bug in this quest. A quest that blocks your entire faction progression.
    I dont care if they dont give me help with the quest, but I really thinking changing my metacritic score from 9 to 0 because this bug ruined my whole Risen3 playthrough.
    Zeev ist offline

Metasyntaktische Variable
    Zitat Zitat von Zeev Beitrag anzeigen
    Because no one posted there yet. Someone has to be first. Might as well be you.

I for one cannot help you. My copy just arrived and I haven't even gotten my soul stolen yet.
    foobar ist offline

Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Ok... so... R3 is out. What now? What's next?
    Maladiq ist offline

Knight Avatar von catalinux
    Zitat Zitat von Zeev Beitrag anzeigen
    I was defending this game from day 1 and I liked it very much. But clearly there is some bug in this quest. A quest that blocks your entire faction progression.
    I dont care if they dont give me help with the quest, but I really thinking changing my metacritic score from 9 to 0 because this bug ruined my whole Risen3 playthrough.
    Sorry, man, I think you will have to wait, I myself am exploring the island where the mages are, I can't remember its name. But rest asure, here you will find a friendly community, and as soon as someone will do that quest, you will have your answer.
    catalinux ist offline

Kämpfer Avatar von Bakka85
    zeev:
    You get the 2 other monolith stones from the gnomes "Kasim" quest. hes the gnome to the right of the entrance of the corcerer camp. you can find the two stones in a chest really nearby. go ahead to magnus. turn left, passing the knife throwing guy. you will see one path that leads downstairs. the chest is directly left of it. basicly its the back door of the house to the left of magnus.
    Bakka85 ist offline

Seite 18 von 20 « Erste ... 71114151617181920 Letzte »