Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Seite 10 von 20 « Erste ... 36789101112131417 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 181 bis 200 von 400

Piranha-Bytes
    Zitat Zitat von TheDoctor Beitrag anzeigen
    As far as I know the lack of women in the Gothic franchise has been due to the artists feeling more secure modeling male bodies than females, because their bodies are more complex and harder to get to look good.
    Add to this tha fact that human females aka women move differently than men - simple biological fact.
    So to portray a woman correctly you have to add a full new set of different animations. We mostly didn't do that in the past, a simple budgetary matter of time and money.

Now on the other hand I've seen animation sets specifically made for women in our current project, so...
    Michael Rüve ist offline

Provinzheld Avatar von Nikolai81
    In that case I'm very pleased to provide Piranha Bytes with this highly relevant study material. I suspect a few of the Piranhas might be willing to motion capture that particular specimen for your next project. Thank God gender isn't a social construct.
    Nikolai81 ist offline Geändert von Nikolai81 (25.11.2013 um 01:13 Uhr)

Warrior Avatar von The Ore Baron
    Zitat Zitat von Nikolai81 Beitrag anzeigen
    In that case I'm very pleased to provide Piranha Bytes with this highly relevant study material.
    That's just lewd

Mr. Rüve, this will be a long question, but I hope you won't ignore it completely.

Lately I've been noticing various posts here on our forum concerning issues that are pretty popular these days, such as gender roles, sexism and feminism. This made me think.

To put it short, several social justice warrior (SJW) hangouts like Rock, Paper, Shotgun and Kotaku have recently taken up their white-knight capes and started bugging various video game developers about perceived sexism and gender discrimination in their video games. Some, like EA, have tried using this for their own advantage to boost popularity and sales, resulting in all sorts of pro-LGBT statements and providing the likes of Anita Sarkeesian with (arguably) undeserved attention. Others, like Blizzard, dared to give these SJW critics the finger, only to cave in under PR pressure and publicly apologize for that the following day. Lastly, we have CD Project in Poland, who so far don't seem to give a flying f*ck about any of these alleged discriminatory themes in their games and it sure doesn't seem like their sales would suffer because of that - Witcher 3 appears to be one of the most hyped-up and awaited games of today.

Where does PB stand on these issues? Could you give as some idea as to how would the company respond to allegations of sexism, racism, genderism and hell, I don't know, sexual-orientationalism?
    "Baaaw, Risen 2 had only one black party member, and that was a tribal woman in jungle clothing! PB sure is racist!"
    "Baaaw, Patty is overtly sexualized and fits four degrading television tropes I've just made up!"
    "Baaaw, Risen games force me to play as a male, while I'm in fact a transqueer asexual omnigender fursona in a woman's body! I can't relate to the heterosexual, white, privileged CIS protagonist!"
    That's just a taste of what's to come should Risen 3 attract the attention of such people. Is the team in favor of introducing such progressive liberal ideas into video gaming? Or would it rather remain grumpy and conservative despite the increasingly leftist world around it? Just how 'traditionalist' is the team in general?

I'll understand if you can't answer that, but I thought this issue should be brought up and at least thought about.

Thanks.
    The Ore Baron ist offline

Ranger Avatar von Danbona
    Hello, Have you designed anything inspired from From Software. It seems they got that apple crunch sound I noticed in a Dark Souls 2 beta video. Will your next game be more dark soulish?
    Danbona ist offline

Knight Avatar von catalinux
    Hello, Michael Rüve.

What is your opinion about voxel games? I personally believe that an adventure rpg could make good use from this voxel technology.
    catalinux ist offline

Apprentice Avatar von raiton7
    Something about date of "new project tittle reveal":
    Do you know what is the date when you and DS will inform us about first informations of your new project ? Or DS will tell you when this will be the best moment for this ?
    raiton7 ist offline

Rookie Avatar von BeoWulfs
    What is the status of the project ? any information will come with this new year?
    BeoWulfs ist offline

Knight Avatar von Th13f
    Kind of an offtopic question, but I think it is relevant.

As a member of a development team, who's current project shares many design principles, especially regarding the skill system and minimalistic interface, I was wondering if you have any advice for us indie developers, especially regarding how to market our game, in preparation for our upcoming Kickstarter campaign, in order to increase our project's visibility? Do you think that approaching contacts in the media, this early on in the development of the game, regarding interviews and previews, is a good idea? Also, what do you think about the creation of a "media group", which would have early access to builds of the game, for the purpose of making YouTube videos and material?
    Th13f ist offline

Piranha-Bytes
    Zitat Zitat von The Ore Baron Beitrag anzeigen
    I'll understand if you can't answer that, but I thought this issue should be brought up and at least thought about.
    I will refrain from posting my personal opinion to that as it would be horribly politically incorrect
    As for ourselves - this is a game which means those creating it will have artistic license. We obviously will not overstep any laws (like using swastikas except in a strict historical context) but we are not intending to change the world for better by or game. This is entertainment not political education. And things displayed in an fictional evironment do NOT necessarily mean their authors would like what they are presenting to become reality.

Zitat Zitat von Danbona Beitrag anzeigen
    Hello, Have you designed anything inspired from From Software.
    I wouldn't know. But obviously I do not know in detail where our creative people (yes, that's girls and guys ) get their inspiration from.

Zitat Zitat von catalinux Beitrag anzeigen
    What is your opinion about voxel games? I personally believe that an adventure rpg could make good use from this voxel technology.
    Last voxel game I knew of was Outcast. Way back. But this is a question for a graphics programmer which I have never been. Programmner yes but graphics no.

Zitat Zitat von raiton7 Beitrag anzeigen
    Something about date of "new project tittle reveal":
    Do you know what is the date when you and DS will inform us about first informations of your new project ?
    Roughly yes - but not exact.

Zitat Zitat von raiton7 Beitrag anzeigen
    Or DS will tell you when this will be the best moment for this ?
    This.
    Like the Cylons they have a plan. A plan they do not tell to lowly devs too early.

Zitat Zitat von BeoWulfs Beitrag anzeigen
    any information will come with this new year?
    Yes.
    Michael Rüve ist offline

Piranha Bytes Avatar von PB_Harry
    Hello, Have you designed anything inspired from From Software. It seems they got that apple crunch sound I noticed in a Dark Souls 2 beta video. Will your next game be more dark soulish?
    Hello there - I've heard from Dark Souls but (!) I'm doubtful it's the right game for me. My time is limited and a game where the enemy beats the living hell out of my body and I have to restart would be to annoying for me. But my collegue Amadeus has played it as far as I know . If he got inspired by it? That's again sth I don't know.
    ...da ist die Kuh erstmal vom Eis! - and that's the sound you hear when you really like a girl and find out she has a kid (by Strogenforcer)

Want to know how to break up with your girlfriend? Learn from Mastermind Jon Lajoie. Also if you want to compete with me, find me on the Battlefield . Bro, do u even praise the sun?

Visit our facebook page and get 1.000.000 liters of beer for free!!!111elf (Sorry folks just kidding)
    PB_Harry ist offline

Ranger Avatar von Danbona
    I'm sorry to assume that but when Bjorn mentioned a darker atmosphere thats what i thought of. After also i thought of a space game, but maybe thats too extreme. I'd love a dark gothic/risen game.
    Danbona ist offline

...I'd love a dark gothic/risen game.
    I hope our game will satisfy you . It's definitely much darker than our game before.
    ...da ist die Kuh erstmal vom Eis! - and that's the sound you hear when you really like a girl and find out she has a kid (by Strogenforcer)

Want to know how to break up with your girlfriend? Learn from Mastermind Jon Lajoie. Also if you want to compete with me, find me on the Battlefield . Bro, do u even praise the sun?

Visit our facebook page and get 1.000.000 liters of beer for free!!!111elf (Sorry folks just kidding)
    PB_Harry ist offline

Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Zitat Zitat von PB_Harry Beitrag anzeigen
    It's definitely much darker than our game before.
    Pics or politely remove yourself from the building
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

Ranger Avatar von Andante
    How do PB define "dark" nowadays?
    Andante ist offline Geändert von Andante (04.02.2014 um 12:47 Uhr)

Zitat Zitat von Andante Beitrag anzeigen
    How do PB define "dark" nowadays?
    There are several things I would define as dark. For example in Risen 2 there's this kind of caribbean feeling. A lot of palms, bright sun a.s.o - not very dark So in conclusion the environment has a major role when it comes to a darker setting. Different NPCs do also take their part. Not every person should be friendly towards the player. Furthermore the story itself. If your plot is the search for bubblegum forest it's hard to convey a feeling of a dark setting.

PB_Harry ist offline

Ranger Avatar von Andante
    Zitat Zitat von PB_Harry Beitrag anzeigen
    There are several things I would define as dark. For example in Risen 2 there's this kind of caribbean feeling. A lot of palms, bright sun a.s.o - not very dark So in conclusion the environment has a major role when it comes to a darker setting. Different NPCs do also take their part. Not every person should be friendly towards the player. Furthermore the story itself. If your plot is the search for bubblegum forest it's hard to convey a feeling of a dark setting.
    Interesting answer. Can pirates exist in a darker setting (without palms/bright sun etc) or would it feel bizarre? Just your personal opinion
    Andante ist offline

Interesting answer. Can pirates exist in a darker setting (without palms/bright sun etc) or would it feel bizarre? Just your personal opinion
    I don't think so - for example Gothic 2 had a pretty rough setting. With Night of the Raven there were Pirates within the game, too. So no, I don't think it would feel bizarre.

PB_Harry ist offline

Provinzheld Avatar von Nikolai81
    I don't know if you're familiar with 'A Song of Ice and Fire', but if you are, consider the Greyjoys. They're harsh and ruthless pirates living in a cold and foreboding area of Westeros (the Iron Islands), they use the kraken as their house sigil, and worship a 'drowned god' which in many ways resemble Dagon from the Cthulhu mythos. Also, vikings may in a sense be considered 'nordic pirates' (although raiding/piracy was only one of many activities which the vikings engaged in).
    Nikolai81 ist offline Geändert von Nikolai81 (06.02.2014 um 01:24 Uhr)

Ranger Avatar von Forward
    Is there any plans to release daily artworks, making ofs, etc... in the near future?
    can you answer some BASIC information? Like... Do you have rivers in the game? Forest? Big small? How about underground tunnels? Do you have a castle in the game? Maybe more than one?
    THANKS FOR YOUR TIME.
    Forward ist offline

I can't say what we're going to release that's yet to discuss. But soon you all will get more information about our baby ^^.

Rivers: Yes.
    Forest: Yes.
    Underground tunnels: sort of...
    Castles with a princesses held captive: no (Damn Mario I hate you this is a serious question ^^)

PB_Harry ist offline

Seite 10 von 20 « Erste ... 36789101112131417 ... Letzte »