Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Seite 1 von 6 12345 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 107
  1. #1 Zitieren
    Deep Silver a. D. Avatar von doberlec
    [Bild: 0MhkiBaFZz1oRrisen2.jpg]

I was made aware that Gry-Online has a new preview for RISEN 2 up on their website, yay! I met them at GDC and we had a nice conversation about the game, so I hope they liked it.

Check it out (and maybe translate it for the rest of us ):

http://www.gry-online.pl/S022.asp?ID=7317
    doberlec ist offline

2. #2 Zitieren
    Knight Commander
    From what I gather from the Google translation, the writer thinks very highly of Risen 2. He seems to be quite enthusiastic about the game, praising the graphics, the animation, the unique feel of different islands, the detailed modeling and texturing especially of the characters, the atmosphere of the game, how people suggest tasks (heroes is the term he used), extensive crafting, how the game won't go linear later on because of multiple islands, etc. He thinks highly of Piranha Bytes, mentioning that because this is a PB game, we can't expect to see a simple combat system or simple idyllic landscapes or some PotC style ridiculous story, and ends by calling the game a worthy challenger of The Witcher 2. He also gives some of the backstory in the beginning of the preview.

And one previously unknown but speculated detail regarding the backstory that he gives is that Faranga was largely devoid of any influence or impact of the outside world, and due to this lack of connection there were no firearms in Risen. It was also mentioned that the Inquisition on the mainland did have firearms at that time.
    My skin for Opera Web Browser.[Bild: tOC_sig1.jpg]
    Nisarg ist offline

3. #3 Zitieren
    Apprentice
    The writer makes it very clear that Risen 2 has been dumbed down and consolized.
    Because of consoles, the game world will be divided into small islands. The interface is being created entirely with gamepads in mind, also, the text fonts will be big even on PC (what the hell?).

Very disappointing. Piranhas aren't even bothered to create a proper PC interface anymore. Looks like we have a shoddy console port in the making.
    Speakerpankratz ist offline

4. #4 Zitieren
    Drachentöter Avatar von Aun
    Zitat Zitat von Speakerpankratz Beitrag anzeigen
    The writer makes it very clear that Risen 2 has been dumbed down and consolized.
    Because of consoles, the game world will be divided into small islands. The interface is being created entirely with gamepads in mind, also, the text fonts will be big even on PC (what the hell?).

Very disappointing. Piranhas aren't even bothered to create a proper PC interface anymore. Looks like we have a shoddy console port in the making.
    Outch. Deep Silver, why are you doing this to us?
    je suis Today
    Aun ist offline

5. #5 Zitieren

Metasyntaktische Variable
    Zitat Zitat von Aun Beitrag anzeigen
    Outch. Deep Silver, why are you doing this to us?
    Going out on a limb: For profit?

I already said what I think of loading zones that do not obsolete streaming. Regarding the interface, I'll reserve my judgement until I see it.

Feeling a bit masochistic and want to read more of my diatribes? Check out Foobar's Rantpage.

foobar erklärt die Welt der Informatik: Was ist ein Zeichensatz?Was ist die 32Bit-Grenze?Warum sind Speicheroptimierer Unsinn?Wie teste ich meinen RAM?Was ist HDR?Was ist Tesselation?Warum haben wir ein Urheberrecht?Partitionieren mit MBR oder GPT?Was hat es mit dem m.2-Format auf sich?Warum soll ich meine SSD nicht zum Anschlag befüllen?Wer hat an der MTU gedreht?UEFI oder BIOS Boot?Was muss man über Virenscanner wissen?Defragmentieren sinnvoll?Warum ist bei CCleaner & Co. Vorsicht angesagt?Was hat es mit 4Kn bei Festplatten auf sich?Was ist Bitrot?Was sind die historischen Hintergründe zur (nicht immer optimalen) Sicherheit von Windows?Wie kann ich Datenträger sicher löschen?Was muss ich bzgl. Smartphone-Sicherheit wissen?Warum sind Y-Kabel für USB oft keine gute Idee?Warum sind lange Passwörter besser als komplizierte?Wie funktionieren Tintenstrahldrucker-Düsen?Wie wähle ich eine Linux-Distribution für mich aus?Warum ist Linux sicherer als Windows?Sind statische Entladungen bei Elektronik wirklich ein Problem?Wie repariere ich meinen PC-Lüfter?Was ist die MBR-Lücke?Wie funktioniert eine Quarz-Uhr?Was macht der Init-Prozess unter Linux und wie schlimm ist SystemD?Mainboard-Batterie - wann wechseln?Smartphone ohne Google?
    foobar ist offline

6. #6 Zitieren
    Knight

ok i understand what you mean with the island (although i dissagree), but i don't get it about user interface? Where do you get that info?
    I mean, how do you know exactly how it will look?
    Don't get me wrong, but does sound a tiny bit like your post "OMG it's console crap omg omg"....again, don't want to be rude, but you seem to assume a lot of things that we simply don't know yet......or i'm missing something.
    Zocky ist offline

7. #7 Zitieren
    Apprentice
    Zitat Zitat von Zocky Beitrag anzeigen
    ok i understand what you mean with the island (although i dissagree), but i don't get it about user interface? Where do you get that info?
    I mean, how do you know exactly how it will look?
    Don't get me wrong, but does sound a tiny bit like your post "OMG it's console crap omg omg"....again, don't want to be rude, but you seem to assume a lot of things that we simply don't know yet......or i'm missing something.
    Where do you think I got that info from? Come on, honestly... THE ARTICLE, of course.

If you think that poor interface with huge fonts is not an issue, please play Oblivion, for example. "Horrible game without mods" issue aside, the interface is a disgrace.
    I'm not saying that the game will be "console crap", it's just according to the article sacrifices have been made and the PC version will suffer. We should ignore that and pretend everything is fine and dandy, right? How about "no".
    Speakerpankratz ist offline

8. #8 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

1. IIRC, the Gothic 1 interface was thought with XBox in mid, or some other console, and I miss it. I just loved it.

2. The Gothics also had loading zones, and they worked. I never regretted them, except the fact that I couldn't teleport between loading zones. Also, as a notebook user, I welcome this solution performance wise.
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

9. #9 Zitieren
    Knight
    Where do you think I got that info from? Come on, honestly... THE ARTICLE, of course.

If you think that poor interface with huge fonts is not an issue, please play Oblivion, for example. "Horrible game without mods" issue aside, the interface is a disgrace.
    I'm not saying that the game will be "console crap", it's just according to the article sacrifices have been made and the PC version will suffer. We should ignore that and pretend everything is fine and dandy, right? How about "no".
    No, but i'm saying you should atleast wait till you actually see this interface for yourself, before you become so negative about it. I don't mind if fon't is a little bigger....and afaik, we don't know just how much bigger that is.

Neither do we know exactly what this 'poor' will really mean in the game.

Ofcourse you can have opinion, but i think it's better to see for youself before you make final judgement about it.
    Zocky ist offline

10. #10 Zitieren
    Einmalposter
    Hi!
    I’m the author of the preview on gry-online.pl. I wouldn’t say at any point that game is dumbed down due to consoles. Only interface has been adjusted to gamepad. Is that bad?
    Smaller islands can also help improve storytelling, Daniel who held the presentation clearly pointed that out.
    Verminus ist offline

11. #11 Zitieren
    Dragonslayer Avatar von Powaz
    Storytelling is very important but somehow PB managed to release a game with a nice open world, really dense with details, quests and a great plot. This little game is called Gothic 2. So in the end the "help improving storytelling" is just an excuse to make such a big game work well for consoles too. Can't blame them.

If the islands are atleast as dense with things to hear, see and interact as Khorinis in Gothic 2, then fine.
    Powaz ist offline

12. #12 Zitieren
    Kämpfer Avatar von UrukGox
    The island in Risen is much smaller than Khorinis... without the Valley of Mines. ... Risen has less contents than the G2 ... If we compare these two games, Risen is a huge step backwards compared to G2... not to mention G2NoTR.
    If they make a smaller island, more reduce the content, and even more simplify the game, they will fall as a JW with Arcadia.

...sry for my bad english
    UrukGox ist offline Geändert von UrukGox (11.03.2011 um 23:59 Uhr)

13. #13 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Zitat Zitat von Powaz Beitrag anzeigen
    Storytelling is very important but somehow PB managed to release a game with a nice open world, really dense with details, quests and a great plot. This little game is called Gothic 2. So in the end the "help improving storytelling" is just an excuse to make such a big game work well for consoles too. Can't blame them.

If the islands are atleast as dense with things to hear, see and interact as Khorinis in Gothic 2, then fine.
    The G2 world had several loading zones too, and it really did help the story telling
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

14. #14 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von Maladiq Beitrag anzeigen
    The G2 world had several loading zones too, and it really did help the story telling
    ... if I remember correctly, it was only one... Valley of Mines.
    NoTR had two, Jharkendar and Valley of Mines.
    UrukGox ist offline

15. #15 Zitieren
    Dragonslayer Avatar von Powaz
    Yeah, several. I mean I have no problem with the isles if each one is the size of Valley Of Mines or atleast Faranga and is filled with awesomeness a la NOTR.
    Powaz ist offline

16. #16 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Zitat Zitat von UrukGox Beitrag anzeigen
    ... if I remember correctly, it was only one... Valley of Mines.
    NoTR had two, Jharkendar and Valley of Mines.
    Khorinis was also a loading zone. And also Irdorath. So G2 NotR had 4 loading zones: Khorinis, VoM, Jarkendar, Irdorath. Gothic 1 also had several loading zones, which helped the story telling (funny, but the loading screens always made me feel more immersed in the PB games, anticipating the change in scenery), five of them: Main World, Old Mine, New Mine, Orc Cemetery, Sleeper's Temple. The abandoned mine was meant to be another, but unfortunately... no
    Maladiq ist offline

17. #17 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von Powaz Beitrag anzeigen
    Yeah, several. I mean I have no problem with the isles if each one is the size of Valley Of Mines or atleast Faranga and is filled with awesomeness a la NOTR.
    +1
    UrukGox ist offline

18. #18 Zitieren
    Adventurer
    1. IIRC, the Gothic 1 interface was thought with XBox in mid, or some other console, and I miss it. I just loved it.
    You liked the Gothic 1 interface? It was very clunky and slow on a PC. Gothic 2 improved every aspects of it.

Every time I recommend Gothic 1 for someone, I have to explain them about the interface, and tell them once you get over it it's a great game.

The interface was my only gripe with Gothic 1. Otherwise the game was great.
    I welcome this solution performance wise.
    But you don't even know what it's going to be like. All we know that the islands are going to be smaller. It could be that the islands are much smaller, and size-wise there isn't even that much to explore on them. So, yeah could as well turn out to be a negative thing.

I don't like these handicaps to be honest.

19. #19 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von Th13f
    Personally, I loved the interface in Gothic 3 and Risen most. Dunno why, but it had a better look and feel. Especially Gothic 3.
    Th13f ist offline

20. #20 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Zitat Zitat von Avatarion Beitrag anzeigen
    You liked the Gothic 1 interface? It was very clunky and slow on a PC. Gothic 2 improved every aspects of it.
    Well, tbh, the G2 inventory pissed me off, I really liked the G1 one, and I still miss it...
    Maladiq ist offline

Seite 1 von 6 12345 ... Letzte »