Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 1 von 21 12345812 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 402
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Ranger Avatar von Gorn the destroyer

Gorn the destroyer ist offline

[Discussion] Community Story Project

Ok so I was just reading some threads at jowood about the questpacket, then I decided that I'll check out how the guys from CSP are doing and look at this, they released it only 2 days ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtBy77Yz5PY . Unfortunately I don't understand german very well so I don't really know what was he talking about....something about joining factions but I really don't understand the rest. Anyways, just thought I would let you guys know about this...

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Chosen One Avatar von KingOvi

KingOvi ist offline
    No use unfortunately, If only the brain would work like a computer, I would have installed ages ago a software for learning German
    3D-Source --- Game ready 3D Models - 3d models - 3d blog - 3d tutorials --- Soon to be the best 3d site on the net, guess why..
    Unauthorized advertising of 3D-Source is highly encouraged but not rewarded due to plenty of greed.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Deus Avatar von WernerTWC

WernerTWC ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Gorn the destroyer Beitrag anzeigen
    Ok so I was just reading some threads at jowood about the questpacket, then I decided that I'll check out how the guys from CSP are doing and look at this, they released it only 2 days ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtBy77Yz5PY . Unfortunately I don't understand german very well so I don't really know what was he talking about....something about joining factions but I really don't understand the rest. Anyways, just thought I would let you guys know about this...
    In short:

- That video is about chapter 1 (which is kinda finished)
    - Chapters will be back in g3 [similar to g1/2]
    - You can join only one fraction (orcs, rebells or assasine) [similar to g1/2]
    - In the video a quest is shown/explained (as an example)
    - The "goals" of the CST are explained, ... better and deeper story, the story takes you more by the hand (you are not so lost like in g3, not knowing where to go next) [similar to g1/2]
    - Log- entries [similar to g1/2]
    - Based on (and requires) CP1.73
    - Other mods will be included

... interesting project, isn't it?!

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    Sword Master Avatar von Argenguy

Argenguy ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von WernerTWC Beitrag anzeigen
    In short:

- The "goals" of the CST are explained, ... better and deeper story, the story takes you more by the hand (you are not so lost like in g3, not knowing where to go next) [similar to g1/2]

Cool, but if this continues further you will acturally ending up remaking the game almost from scratch.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5
    banned

jimokalos ist offline
    In short:

Just Awesome man. Is english version planned?

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6

WernerTWC ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Argenguy Beitrag anzeigen
    you will acturally ending up remaking the game almost from scratch.
    Nope, ... it's all based on g3 and what's already there, but of course there are a lot of changes and a lot of work to be done.

A jowoodish answer: That will be evaluated after the release, the main focus is on finishing the game mod. ^^

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7
    banned

jimokalos ist offline

A jowoodish answer: That will be evaluated after the release, the main focus is on finishing the game mod. ^^
    Jowood answers scare me but anyway.

BTW: A bit off-topic: How is it going with the questpackage translation??? We haven't heard about it for a long time.We really need a mod to make us more patient with the community story project.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8
    Cat  Avatar von Larisa

Larisa ist offline
    That will be evaluated after the release, the main focus is on finishing the game mod. ^^
    Then why name it Community Story Project? And not something in Deutsch? At least I guess in the video he speaks "project" in German, but the rest?

9. Beiträge anzeigen #9

KingOvi ist offline
    Great project. I wish I could help
    3D-Source --- Game ready 3D Models - 3d models - 3d blog - 3d tutorials --- Soon to be the best 3d site on the net, guess why..
    Unauthorized advertising of 3D-Source is highly encouraged but not rewarded due to plenty of greed.

10. Beiträge anzeigen #10
    Fighter Avatar von Raconz

Raconz ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von jimokalos Beitrag anzeigen
    Well, I talked some time ago with one of the starters of this project, and he said that an english version would be a great idea.

I, and some other members from JWD, offered to translate it, and he said that he will contact me, when the project will be almost completed.

11. Beiträge anzeigen #11
    Ritter Avatar von GaHero

GaHero ist offline
    Hey,

WernerTWC gave me the hint, that you guys found our new video.

I'm the project manager of the CSP and maybe you will find me more often in this thread to answer your questions...

A few points, that WernerTWC didn't list:
    - the CSP will be incompatible with the QP4, but we plan to use as many Quests as possible from the QP4 in our mod. So you will have the main content of the QP in the CSP.
    - there will be six chapters in the game
    - we will add new improved textures to the game, to create a dark atmosphere (like the dark textures in G2). This textures will be optional! (Screenshost @ our page)
    - we plan to add a improved balancing and a few things, we didn't publis in this early stage of the project (to give you a surprise in the next year)
    - if you are able to form a translation team, we will give you the necessary texts files and we will add the translation to our project (important: a translation team will only make sense, if we finished all our quests and this will be far away, end of summer maybe.) I had the same conversation with a russian community member a few weeks ago and I also put them off to late summer.
    - a maybe! Releasedate is set to Q3 2010 (as mentioned in the video)

Here is a link to an englisch news about the CSP (@ PCGH, pls notices, that this is an old news)

Pls write additional questions in this thread, I will answer them as soon as possible.
    Geändert von GaHero (26.12.2009 um 23:07 Uhr)

12. Beiträge anzeigen #12

WernerTWC ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von jimokalos Beitrag anzeigen
    BTW: A bit off-topic: How is it going with the questpackage translation??? We haven't heard about it for a long time.We really need a mod to make us more patient with the community story project.
    Dunno.

Zitat Zitat von Larisa Beitrag anzeigen
    Then why name it Community Story Project? And not something in Deutsch? At least I guess in the video he speaks "project" in German, but the rest?
    It was the community patch team which repaired the game, now it's the community story team which "repaires" the story.

Besides that:
    - The german translation would sound very strange, nothing a team would like to have as a name
    - These terms "community" and "team" are "kinda german" already and are used by many germans (even if they don't know english), ... "communities" are named in game mags i.e., ... in football we have "teams", story is a german word already

13. Beiträge anzeigen #13
    Bücherwolf  Avatar von HerrFenrisWolf

HerrFenrisWolf ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Larisa Beitrag anzeigen
    because "Gemeinschafts Geschichten Projekt" sounds a little bit firm in German and today all use anglicism...
    Hello I am HerrFenrisWolf, I am the man for the Orcs and the Barbarian and also the commentator of the video.

14. Beiträge anzeigen #14
    Fighter Avatar von Raconz

Raconz ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von GaHero Beitrag anzeigen
    Hey,

WernerTWC gave me the hint, that you guys found our new video.

I'm the project manager of the CSP and maybe you will find me more often in this thread to answer your questions...

A few points, that WernerTWC didn't list:
    - the CSP will be incompatible with the QP4, but we plan to use as many Quests as possible from the QP4 in our mod. So you will have the main content of the QP in the CSP.
    - there will be six chapters in the game
    - we will add new improved textures to the game, to create a dark atmosphere (like the dark textures in G2). This textures will be optional! (Screenshost @ our page)
    - we plan to add a improved balancing and a few things, we didn't publis in this early stage of the project (to give you a surprise in the next year)
    - if you are able to form a translation team, we will give you the necessary texts files and we will add the translation to our project (important: a translation team will only make sense, if we finished all our quests and this will be far away, end of summer maybe.) I had the same conversation with a russian community member a few weeks ago and I also put them off to late summer.
    - a maybe! Releasedate is set to Q3 2010 (as mentioned in the video)
    Really cool features

I talked to Impidimpi, and he said the same thing some time ago.

The project could use more support on the english boards.

15. Beiträge anzeigen #15
    Ritter Avatar von GaHero

GaHero ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Raconz Beitrag anzeigen
    Really cool features

I talked to Impidimpi, and he said the same thing some time ago.

The project could use more support on the english boards.
    Yeah maybe someone cut off the "Video" in the thread title and we made this the official discussion thread about the CSP in the english board?

16. Beiträge anzeigen #16

KingOvi ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von GaHero Beitrag anzeigen
    Yeah maybe someone cut off the "Video" in the thread title and we made this the official discussion thread about the CSP in the english board?
    Some moderator, you mean

Damnit, if only we could add our meshes in G3, I would have made a Xardas model, and armor, just because of my love for it

17. Beiträge anzeigen #17

Zitat Zitat von ovinet-hero Beitrag anzeigen
    Some moderator, you mean

Damnit, if only we could add our meshes in G3, I would have made a Xardas model, and armor, just because of my love for it
    I am not sooooo good in English... do you want to make a new mesh for the Xardas model ?...?.

18. Beiträge anzeigen #18

KingOvi ist offline
    Yes, I do want, but it will be of no use. One cannot add any new models and use them in Gothic, can he ?

I'm pretty good at Computer Graphics, especially for games, 3D modeling and texturing, that is. I once applied for a job at a 3D modeling company from Bucharest, but I paused the try to get the job because I left Bucharest. They told me to make a house, for the environment artist job, and It was no big deal, but I cannot make it on a notebook computer, unfortunately. Anyway, I'll see what I can get after the holidays.

19. Beiträge anzeigen #19

Zitat Zitat von ovinet-hero Beitrag anzeigen
    Yes, I do want, but it will be of no use. One cannot add any new models and use them in Gothic, can he ?

I'm pretty good at Computer Graphics, especially for games, 3D modeling and texturing, that is. I once applied for a job at a 3D modeling company from Bucharest, but I paused the try to get the job because I left Bucharest. They told me to make a house, for the environment artist job, and It was no big deal, but I cannot make it on a notebook computer, unfortunately. Anyway, I'll see what I can get after the holidays.
    When you really want this... look here ! this is a tool you can use.... diffrent mods are made with it.... " die Klaue Beliars " ( Beliars Claw/Sword or how it is named in English) for Gothic 3.. parts of the Esmeralda ( the ship from Gothic 2 ) and some fixe and new stuff....

20. Beiträge anzeigen #20

KingOvi ist offline
    Aaaha ! Thank you very much, I shall read a google translated version tommorow, because now I go to sleep.

Who said there is no Santa ? I'm starting to feel what the guy from ACSA's short film did
    Thanks again

Seite 1 von 21 12345812 ... Letzte »