Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 11 von 18 « Erste ... 4789101112131415 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 201 bis 220 von 354
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #201
    banned

jimokalos ist offline
    I learnt that the ability with the ''?'' in G3 it was planned to be a jump attack but unfortunately PB didn't finish it so now after the CP 1.70 will there be that attack?

2. Beiträge anzeigen #202
    General Avatar von RoiDanton

RoiDanton ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von jimokalos Beitrag anzeigen
    I learnt that the ability with the ''?'' in G3 it was planned to be a jump attack but unfortunately PB didn't finish it so now after the CP 1.70 will there be that attack?
    That "???" skill was not the jump attack. It was a third skill for 2-weapons fight skill. And no, we haven't done something there.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #203
    Knight Commander

Kostaz ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von RoiDanton Beitrag anzeigen
    That "???" skill was not the jump attack. It was a third skill for 2-weapons fight skill. And no, we haven't done something there.
    Have you removed it from the character screen?

4. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #204
    Deus Avatar von Lobedan

Lobedan ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Kostaz Beitrag anzeigen
    Have you removed it from the character screen?
    Already in CP 1.5.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #205
    Knight Commander

Kostaz ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Lobedan Beitrag anzeigen
    Already in CP 1.5.
    Haven't played G3 for a looong time

6. Beiträge anzeigen #206
    General Avatar von RobinSword

RobinSword ist offline
    Performance-Comparison Patch 1.60 vs. Patch 1.70

I'm a beta tester of the upcoming Community Patch 1.70 and I have done some Benchmarks concerning the performance of the new patch compared to patch 1.60.

Important: These are the benchmark results of my systems. The performance improvements depend on the individual system you run the game on and can vary. Some testers for example have not such big improvements as I have, but they also have better performance with Patch 1.70.

To be tested:
    Patch 1.60
    Patch 1.70

The Test of System 1 was done only days ago, the test of System 2 is a little bit older.

System 1 (fast):
    Core 2 Duo E6700
    Geforce 8800 GTX
    4 GB RAM
    WinXP Home 32Bit

Resolution: 1920x1200
    Settings: Max Details, no AA, no depth of field

System 2 (slow):
    Pentium 4 HT with 3 GHz
    Geforce 6600 GT
    1 GB RAM
    WinXP Home 32Bit

Resolution: 1024x768
    Settings: Medium Details, no AA, no depth of field, no Rim Lighting

System 1 Benchmark-Results (Average FPS)

Benchmark 1
    Patch 1.60: 51.3 FPS
    Patch 1.70: 59.3 FPS

Benchmark 2
    Patch 1.60: 60.9 FPS
    Patch 1.70: 71.9 FPS

Benchmark 3
    Patch 1.60: 46.7 FPS
    Patch 1.70: 53.6 FPS

Benchmark 4
    Patch 1.60: 49.1 FPS
    Patch 1.70: 56.9FPS

System 2 Benchmark-Results (Average FPS)

Benchmark 1
    Patch 1.60: 15.1 FPS
    Patch 1.70: 20.3 FPS

Benchmark 2
    Patch 1.60: 20.2 FPS
    Patch 1.70: 25.7 FPS

7. Beiträge anzeigen #207
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    This should be number 5, it is great
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!

8. Beiträge anzeigen #208
    Cat  Avatar von Larisa

Larisa ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von RobinSword Beitrag anzeigen
    I have done some Benchmarks concerning the performance of the new patch compared to patch 1.60.
    Interesting. Could you give us some details about the benchmarking procedure?
    Same G3 install, first with 1.6, then with 1.70? Or different installs?
    What did you used to measure the fps? Fraps? Did you performed the same actions in game all the time? (Because afaik, the hero can't be scripted to do some routines)

9. Beiträge anzeigen #209
    Rookie

Zenith ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Smarter Beitrag anzeigen
    But more to your point, and this is directed at Zenith as well, is that "community teams" (such as for gothic 3) do not at all effect what and how we do our job.
    I take it from your post that you are a Gothic developer. Is that right?

Then let me tell you, that Community team publishing a significant piece of work will most certainly result in several thousands extra copies of G3 being sold around the globe.

You guys are going to get paid (perhaps not you personally, just your company, but still) extra $10,000-50,000 for the work done by the volunteers, while the orc willl still be flying in the air and shooting crossbows in full auto mode, and the monsters will be walking thru rocks.

I rest my case.

10. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #210
    Demigod Avatar von Bastardo

Bastardo ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Zenith Beitrag anzeigen
    I take it from your post that you are a Gothic developer. Is that right?

Then let me tell you, that Community team publishing a significant piece of work will most certainly result in several thousands extra copies of G3 being sold around the globe.

You guys are going to get paid (perhaps not you personally, just your company, but still) extra $10,000-50,000 for the work done by the volunteers, while the orc willl still be flying in the air and shooting crossbows in full auto mode, and the monsters will be walking thru rocks.

I rest my case.
    Dude, they were as much Gothic developer as we two when they started off with the patch, and I doubt they've seen/will see a single dime for their work on the patches.

They're fans.

11. Beiträge anzeigen #211
    General Avatar von RobinSword

RobinSword ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von mistress_larisa Beitrag anzeigen
    Interesting. Could you give us some details about the benchmarking procedure?
    Same G3 install, first with 1.6, then with 1.70? Or different installs?
    What did you used to measure the fps? Fraps? Did you performed the same actions in game all the time? (Because afaik, the hero can't be scripted to do some routines)
    Hi!
    I can currently use CP 1.6 and CP 1.70 in parallel, because I have a backup of CP 1.60.
    I used Fraps and the benchmarks are done manually, that means I walked a specific route.
    The first two Benchmarks are done outside in the world, the other two inside Ardea
    where I walked a specific way.
    So yes, I performed the same actions all the time.

12. Beiträge anzeigen #212
    Schwertmeister Avatar von bigsnappy

bigsnappy ist offline
    @Zenith:

G3 had a lot of potential. The fans recognized this potential. They realized how much better it could be. This resulted in the CP team .

I do not see something like that happening because of FG. On the contrary. I think Jowood is on probation. If they screw up with Arcania and PB's Risen is as good as it looks... than Jowood can forget about any CP Team ever again. The fans are in love with Gothic, not with Jowood .

I think you are right when you write that Jowood will earn some extra money because of the community patches. But this amount of money will be peanuts compared to what they lost because of FG, and what they will lose if Arcania is screwed up. Jowood knows this. And this is why Spellbound will get the time to make Arcania a finished game.

Jowood is on probation. They can't afford a 'Forsaken Arcania'.

To put it in perspective: The CP Team is offering the fans a polished gem and is offering Jowood peanuts!
    Everything is relative... until it bites.
    Geändert von bigsnappy (14.03.2009 um 09:51 Uhr)

13. Beiträge anzeigen #213
    Knight Commander Avatar von dark-cz-klaw
    Czech Republic/Česká Republika/Tschechische Republik

dark-cz-klaw ist offline
    A re-post from a moved post to another thread:

I think that Gothic 3 might get more of the feeling of G1 & G2 with this great work you guys are doing. Are you guys still open to suggestions? (not that I have any atm, but I'd like to know)

14. Beiträge anzeigen #214

RoiDanton ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von dark-cz-klaw Beitrag anzeigen
    Are you guys still open to suggestions? (not that I have any atm, but I'd like to know)
    No, patch is more or less finished but it must still test by us/our testers whether there are still huge problems.

15. Beiträge anzeigen #215
    Adventurer Avatar von Ayrin

Ayrin ist offline
    There are several slaves npcs that walk around from Montera (or the general location of Montera) towards Trelis or even past it towards the pass of Varant. Never had the patience to follow any of them and see their destination since they get into fights with every creature on the way,but what i wanted to ask is are these slaves going somewhere with a purpose (as in did PB made specific waypoints for the slaves to walk to so it helps the player with immersion) or are they just loose npcs?

16. Beiträge anzeigen #216
    Ritter Avatar von mdahm

mdahm ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Ayrin Beitrag anzeigen
    i wanted to ask is are these slaves going somewhere with a purpose (as in did PB made specific waypoints for the slaves to walk to so it helps the player with immersion) or are they just loose npcs?
    They are on their way to Montera, and there's obviously no intention involved. Just a bug.

17. Beiträge anzeigen #217

RoiDanton ist offline

Alternative A.I. Part 1

- New game mode with the aim to make the melee fights more appealing and tactical (How? That is for later...)

- Can be (de)activated independent of both difficulty level and Alternative Balancing

- Can be turned on or off at any time (even in a running game). Only in the middle of a fight it can lead to erroneous or senseless actions of the opponents

- The mode is activated through a switch in the difficulty menu

- The switch is, following the name "alternative", initially turned off after installation

"As with Alternative Balancing, depending on the difficulty level one, two, or three adversaries can attack the hero at the same time": for the difficulty level "Easy" the opponents still attack alone, with "Medium" maximum two and with "Hard" in groups of three together at a time (see countdown 6).

18. Beiträge anzeigen #218
    Fighter Avatar von Deferigon

Deferigon ist offline
    Can we see a screenshot of the aiming system I cant seem to understand what is different?

DAMN BAR, I CAN'T REACH IT!

19. Beiträge anzeigen #219
    Ritter Avatar von mdahm

mdahm ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Deferigon Beitrag anzeigen
    Can we see a screenshot of the aiming system I cant seem to understand what is different?
    If you accomplish to make a screenshot of the old "aiming system", we'll try to provide a similar screenshot of the "new" one...

But, seriously, there might be some misunderstanding here. We didn't change the "aiming system". The keyword "aim" in RoiDantons Post just means the same as "our goal", "our intention", etc.

Based on RoiDanton's Post, it's clear that you can't see what's different with the A.I. mode, because we didn't actually tell you what's different.
    Yet:
    Zitat Zitat von RoiDanton Beitrag anzeigen
    That is for later...

20. Beiträge anzeigen #220
    Knight Avatar von Dez

Dez ist offline
    I could imagine that this makes those liberation fights much more rewarding if you play g3 with the difficult setting as I do, so this better a.i stuff along with the balance stuff they talked earlier are what I'm looking forward the most .

Btw a tiny question. I don't know whether you have a liberty to answer or not, but here it goes. Have you done anything to make joinable npcs like Diego, lester, gorn etc more usefull. For example the hunting snipers quest with diego was a joke since Diego didn't manage to kill a single snapper since he couldn't deal any real damage to them with his bow or sword.
    Geändert von Dez (15.03.2009 um 17:45 Uhr)

Seite 11 von 18 « Erste ... 4789101112131415 ... Letzte »