1. #1 Zitieren
    Apprentice
    There is an interview with Daniel Oberlerchner over at Gamespot UK:

http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/r...&mode=previews

Some recent info there.
    zarrkoff ist offline

2. #2 Zitieren
    Veteran
    A pretty interesting interview this time.

Of course I had to learn the 121th time that we'll use a parrot in combat, gather all friends on a boat and that the priates have improvised homes. But unlike most after-e3 articles and interviews this did seem to have some interesting info.
    glumetzul ist offline

3. #3 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von André Feroi
    Have a compassionate though for doberlech who has to repeat it (with conviction) for the 121th time
    BTW, I like very much the second picture of the article.
    André Feroi ist offline

4. #4 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Apart from the AWESOME screenshots, I didn't read anything new.
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

5. #5 Zitieren
    What I learned is about the companions that the hero can recruit: Patty (strong point = treasure hunting), Shakara the priestess (strong point = magical spells ?), Venturo (strong point = melee fighting)

doberlec mentions that the game slowly enters in its alpha phase ... which I though had already begun at least two months ago (source).

But this is nothing as compared to the nice screenshoots. I particularly like this one (click to enlarge):
    [Bild: 66a14df5-9f3d-4133-b588-d347592b0be3.jpg]
    André Feroi ist offline

6. #6 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    And please keep in mind that is from the x360 version.
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

7. #7 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von Arkose
    Zitat Zitat von Maladiq Beitrag anzeigen
    And please keep in mind that is from the x360 version.
    GameSpot shares articles and screenshots between all applicable platforms; their screenshots are always from the PC versions of games unless they have specifically said otherwise.
    Arkose ist offline

8. #8 Zitieren
    Knight
    Shakara? Hehe, i sense some Shakira fans at PB
    Zocky ist offline

9. #9 Zitieren
    banned
    Nice interview. It reveals a lot of interesting things. It was like I suspected: the ship will act as a hub where you can interact with the other party members, just like it was in KotOR.

Zitat Zitat von Arkose Beitrag anzeigen
    GameSpot shares articles and screenshots between all applicable platforms; their screenshots are always from the PC versions of games unless they have specifically said otherwise.
    In the link to the article the words "xbox360" appear.

Where did you guys hear about Shakara? There is no reference to this character in the interview. And neither on Google.
    Assassin of Kings ist offline

10. #10 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Zitat Zitat von Arkose Beitrag anzeigen
    The Screenshots were shown under the x360 tab.
    Maladiq ist offline

11. #11 Zitieren
    Cat  Avatar von Larisa
    Zitat Zitat von André Feroi Beitrag anzeigen
    Patty (strong point = treasure hunting),
    "so Patty, for example, is a very talented melee fighter"

Venturo (strong point = melee fighting)
    "whereas Venturo will support the player with his musket"
    Larisa ist offline

12. #12 Zitieren
    Thank you for correcting, Larisa.
    It seems that reading for the 121th the same things, my eyes cross over each other in different directions (treasure hunting was related to Risen 1).
    André Feroi ist offline

13. #13 Zitieren
    banned
    It seems that reading for the 121th the same things, my eyes cross over each other in different directions (treasure hunting was related to Risen 1).
    You still didn't mention any source for the information about the priestess Shakara.

14. #14 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von Arkose
    Zitat Zitat von Maladiq Beitrag anzeigen
    The Screenshots were shown under the x360 tab.
    Unfortunately that means nothing. Publishers take screenshots with a single version of the game and these are then categorised under every system that game appears on. If you don't believe me check the locations of the images themselves--e.g. this "360" screenshot and this "PC" screenshot have the same image address. This applies to every game.

Publishers don't stop websites doing this because they would love to have you believe the console versions of a game look as good as the PC version. If a PC version doesn't exist they'll make PC-level screenshots anyway with antialiasing and texture quality levels that are impossible on the real console.

Risen 2 may well look very good on the consoles, but you can't trust the pre-release screenshots for this or any other game because 99% of the time it's the PC version that's doing the talking.
    Arkose ist offline

15. #15 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von Assassin of Kings Beitrag anzeigen
    You still didn't mention any source for the information about the priestess Shakara.
    You mean concerning her name, the fact that she is a companion or that she is good in spell casting ?

I read about her name a while ago and it is under that name she is referred in the Fanart Portal (e.g. here).
    They mention in the article that she is a hero's companion.
    I only infer (therefore the "?") that she is good at magic.

[Bild: 1605_risen2_sh_postercolorversion.jpg]
    (artist: Arthus of Kap Dun)
    click to see more
    André Feroi ist offline

16. #16 Zitieren

Metasyntaktische Variable
    I think Arthus made that name up. Not sure though but I think I've read him say that somewhere.

Feeling a bit masochistic and want to read more of my diatribes? Check out Foobar's Rantpage.

foobar erklärt die Welt der Informatik: Was ist ein Zeichensatz?Was ist die 32Bit-Grenze?Warum sind Speicheroptimierer Unsinn?Wie teste ich meinen RAM?Was ist HDR?Was ist Tesselation?Warum haben wir ein Urheberrecht?Partitionieren mit MBR oder GPT?Was hat es mit dem m.2-Format auf sich?Warum soll ich meine SSD nicht zum Anschlag befüllen?Wer hat an der MTU gedreht?UEFI oder BIOS Boot?Was muss man über Virenscanner wissen?Defragmentieren sinnvoll?Warum ist bei CCleaner & Co. Vorsicht angesagt?Was hat es mit 4Kn bei Festplatten auf sich?Was ist Bitrot?Was sind die historischen Hintergründe zur (nicht immer optimalen) Sicherheit von Windows?Wie kann ich Datenträger sicher löschen?Was muss ich bzgl. Smartphone-Sicherheit wissen?Warum sind Y-Kabel für USB oft keine gute Idee?Warum sind lange Passwörter besser als komplizierte?Wie funktionieren Tintenstrahldrucker-Düsen?Wie wähle ich eine Linux-Distribution für mich aus?Warum ist Linux sicherer als Windows?Sind statische Entladungen bei Elektronik wirklich ein Problem?Wie repariere ich meinen PC-Lüfter?Was ist die MBR-Lücke?Wie funktioniert eine Quarz-Uhr?Was macht der Init-Prozess unter Linux und wie schlimm ist SystemD?Mainboard-Batterie - wann wechseln?Smartphone ohne Google?
    foobar ist offline

17. #17 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von SlamDunk
    Screenshots are looking really nice.

Interview was informative too.
    SlamDunk ist offline

18. #18 Zitieren
    banned
    I read about her name a while ago and it is under that name she is referred in the Fanart Portal (e.g. here).
    They mention in the article that she is a hero's companion.
    I only infer (therefore the "?") that she is good at magic.

[Bild: 1605_risen2_sh_postercolorversion.jpg]
    (artist: Arthus of Kap Dun)
    click to see more
    That's just fan art, so it's not something official. And there is absolutely no mention of her in that interview. The only ones who are mentioned are Patty and Venturo. I don't know what interview you read, but in this one there's no such thing.

19. #19 Zitieren
    She is the "swarthy young woman" referred in the interview:

GS: We saw in the original Risen trailer that the nameless hero will have at least one companion, a swarthy young woman who seems to be an expert at voodoo magic. [...] Will she remain at your side throughout the game?

DO: [...] I can confirm that she will be one of your companions in Risen 2 who will be part of your crew and support you in fights if you choose her to accompany you on shore leave.
    André Feroi ist offline

20. #20 Zitieren
    banned
    Right, now I get it. It's confirmed that she'll be a companion, but I doubt it that her name will be Shakara, since there was no official comment regarding this.

Seite 1 von 2 12 Letzte »