Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Ergebnis 1 bis 4 von 4
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Rookie

noabody ist offline

[G1] [Mod] [Translation] [Resource] The Long Voyage Home English gothic.dat

I've attached a gothic.dat/ou.bin converted to english along with my differencing overlay.

http://upload.worldofplayers.de/file...VH_eng_beta.7z

I'm sorry but this won't really help most of you and that's why it's listed as a resource file. I found it was not feasible to make a binary diff patch that could be applied directly to TLVH.mod.

To use this you'll have to:
    do a successful installation of TLVH
    extract TLVH.mod with GothicVDFS
    replace gothic.dat and ou.bin with my included versions
    delete sfx.dat and sfx folder to remove russian voice overs
    rebuild the mod with GothicVDFS.

The only way I got TLVH to successfully install was to do a fresh install of Gothic into "C:\Program Files\PIRANHA-BYTES\GOTHIC" followed by the playerkit 1.08k, and then TLVH.

Of 1208 script files contained in Gothic.dat, I did a side by side comparison of 611 files that had differences and I copy/pasted the english text over the russian, then rebuilt it using GothicSourcer. Initially I determined which files were different by filesize and filename but eventually I used http://cloc.sourceforge.net/ to count the number of lines in each file and output it to two csv files, one for the decompiled gothic.dat from my english copy and the other from the gothic.dat in TLVH. I then combined and sorted the files in Excel to see which ones had differing numbers of lines.

The provided archive has a folder called "translate" which is my differencing or overlay folder. It contains only the files that I found to be different using the method listed and a couple other heuristics. Although I only checked half of the files, I believe that my english gothic.dat probably captures the differences with greater than 90% accuracy. To be honest, I just plain got tired of comparing the files once I felt I captured the bulk of the differences.

The files in the root of the "translate" folder should be ignored. They helped to remind me that the TLVH version of bab_drunk.d corresponds to the english food.d, bab_joint.d to misk.d, mobname_clear.d to text.d, and b_giveskipchapter1weapons to b_giveskipchapter2weapons. The english adjusted versions of food.d, misk.d, mobname_clear.d, and b_giveskipchapter2weapons are contained in their appropriate folder.

The only new scripts I found that would not be present in the english gothic.dat are:
    om_620_leticia.d
    om_621_kira.d
    om_622_rez.d
    DIA_om_620_leticia.d
    DIA_om_621_kira.d
    DIA_om_622_rez.d
    DIA_Org_858_Quentin.d
    zs_kira_dance.d
    pc_mdt.d
    set_sca_strong_visuals.d

The new script files have to be added into the project for an extracted english gothic.dat before compilation. Using the english filenames for those oddballs with different filenames made it easier to compile because I could reuse the filenames in the project without adding and deleting.

Edit: Corrected upload link. Probably just as well, I made dozens more corrections since I first tried to upload this.
    Geändert von noabody (22.11.2011 um 21:44 Uhr)

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Adventurer Avatar von Feri

Feri ist offline
    Nice job. Keep it up. There are so few englis mods around and I can't speak german yet
    May the Sleeper aweken!

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Held Avatar von Eiskönig

Eiskönig ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von noabody Beitrag anzeigen
    Following up on my BabeMod "translation", here are the resource files for The Long Voyage Home (mostly) converted to English.

http://upload.worldofplayers.de/files7/TLVH_eng_beta.7z

The link only guide to your BabeMod "translation" thread but not to the resource file with The Long Voyage Home ?!

Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)
    Am eigenen Kopf führt kein Weg vorbei ...

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    Rookie

noabody ist offline
    Sorry about that, I updated my first post with the new link.

I'm about 3/4 through the game playing as a New Camp Water Mage and everything seems to be working okay. There's probably about 200 more files that have a minor edit for re-balancing that I didn't include because I didn't catch the change based on my search criteria.

It's probably not game breaking.

Edit: It's a done deal, I finished the game with my edited gothic.dat/ou.bin so it can be done. As I said, there are still dozens if not a hundred minor re-balancing edits that the TLVH team made. I've seen as little as a single number being changed in one of the scripts. It's too trivial to me to warrant the effort of checking the other 600+ files. Anyone is free to complete the work I started.

Enjoy.
    Geändert von noabody (24.11.2011 um 05:54 Uhr)