Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Ergebnis 1 bis 17 von 17
  1. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Pumpkins fly free  Avatar von Freddy

Freddy ist offline

[discussion] Gothic-modding compendium

I opened the thread [Compendium] Developing a Gothic-Mod (sure for a long time in progress ) to collect information and my posts or PNs. The purpose is to get a complete guide to gothic modding. After some time it will spare my time and others will profit from it, too. This project will sure take a long time and I would be glad to get some help.
    Thanks to Werner for making the thread sticky.

Please post questions or suggestion here.

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Fighter Avatar von basescu

basescu ist offline
    Man I've been thinking to try this sommer to start ( to learn how to ) modding Gothic.The idea its great but its seems its a lot of work...
    Nevertheles I wont give up soon.

Thx alot Freddy for your idea of opening a thread about this( there were some more threads but Im just a bloddy beginner;couldnt unerstand all the details in the beggining).

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Sword Master Avatar von cipris

cipris ist offline
    Very good ideea
    I'm interested in graphic part of modding (because there things I understand and are close to my work domain)
    But first question, is this for Gothic 1 only? I believe some things can be applied in G2 too, right?....
    In "Editing - All about scrpiting, leveldesign and compiling" thread there are some answered questions about working in spacer, but there are ones without answer.
    So I was thinking .... maybe in this goyhic guide it will be explained some things about NPC's animation and modifying armors (not only the texture, the whole armor)
    I was looking in some tutorials but I didn't understand very well how can I do these modifications.
    [Bild: sigmouse27hv.jpg] -Hold still..........

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    Knight Avatar von eXecutioner

eXecutioner ist offline
    Freddy look into the 'Editing - All about scrpiting, leveldesign and compiling' and 'Basic Gothic modding thread' threads for some of the answers to modding questions.
    Building Stronger Communities Blog - Bringing people closer together trough the power of words!

5. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #5
    Pumpkins fly free  Avatar von Freddy

Freddy ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von basescu
    Man I've been thinking to try this sommer to start ( to learn how to ) modding Gothic.The idea its great but its seems its a lot of work...
    Nevertheles I wont give up soon.

Thx alot Freddy for your idea of opening a thread about this( there were some more threads but Im just a bloddy beginner;couldnt unerstand all the details in the beggining).
    Fine. Unfornately it will take time to to build this thread. I try to add the usage of the spacer as soon as possible. I know that the first steps with this tools are most difficult.

@cipris: I only startet with Gothic 1. Most things are equal to Gothic 2. There are some improvements at spacer and some changes in the scripts.
    Zitat Zitat von cipris
    I'm interested in graphic part of modding (because there things I understand and are close to my work domain)
    Fine, perhaps you can write somethin about modelling. Or do you know a good tutorial? My part is the Spacer. I am just a beginner with 3D-Tools.
    Zitat Zitat von cipris
    So I was thinking .... maybe in this goyhic guide it will be explained some things about NPC's animation and modifying armors (not only the texture, the whole armor)
    That would be nice. Perhaps somebody here knows? I only know that you need 3DS MAX 3 - 5 and the special importers and exporters for ASC. Maybe this thread about the GothicSourcer (most in German) could help.
    Links:
    - Ruestungstutorial at the german WiKi
    - New skins for armor
    Perhaps somebody can tell more.

@eXecutioner: I postet often in this thread. My task is different. If somebody has a question I will answer this question in a form that can be printed to put it in this compendium. This should spare time on the long run and give help to modding beginners.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6
    Sword Master Avatar von cipris

cipris ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Freddy
    Fine, perhaps you can write somethin about modelling. Or do you know a good tutorial? My part is the Spacer. I am just a beginner with 3D-Tools.
    Unfortunately I don't know any tutorial about 3DMax, I learned asking some friends and trying to do some things in Max.
    Offcourse I can write something about modelling in max, but I don't know how to begin and there are some things that I still don't know them. Eventually I can write a small tutorial for introducing in 3DMax basics....

That would be nice. Perhaps somebody here knows? I only know that you need 3DS MAX 3 - 5 and the special importers and exporters for ASC. Maybe this thread about the GothicSourcer (most in German) could help.
    Links:
    - Ruestungstutorial at the german WiKi
    - New skins for armor
    Perhaps somebody can tell more.
    It will be nice if someone can tell more about these things.
    For modifying texture of armor this is this one in english For the rest I didn't found much...
    Damn.... if I could understand german.....
    [Bild: sigmouse27hv.jpg] -Hold still..........
    Geändert von cipris (09.07.2006 um 22:14 Uhr)

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7
    research Avatar von NicoDE

NicoDE ist offline
    Hi Freddy,
    instead of the GothicStarter 2.6a you should recommend the Player-Kit for Gothic (includes updates and a newer GothicStarter).
    "Unter diesen schwierigen Umständen bin ich mir sicher, daß diese guten Menschen meinen augenblicklichen Bedarf an deren Gold verstehen werden." -- Connor

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8
    Chosen One Avatar von rockfest

rockfest ist offline
    Started to post some things about the Scripts. I will update some more when i have some free time.

I decided to chose the path of explaining the most important classes, the external functions and some general stuff.
    My only request is if anyone sees an error, a mistake or maybe a wrong statement(i'm not that an expert in Daedalus ^^) then please feel free to corect me. I will deeply appreciate that.

9. Beiträge anzeigen #9
    Ranger Avatar von seeker of gothic

seeker of gothic ist offline
    Some time has passed since the last update will you write more? Info and any others updates will be very appreciated. Like a simple tutorial how to create a dialog and a entry in the diary.
    Feel free to comment/suggest/moan.

10. Beiträge anzeigen #10

rockfest ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von seeker of gothic Beitrag anzeigen
    Some time has passed since the last update will you write more? Info and any others updates will be very appreciated. Like a simple tutorial how to create a dialog and a entry in the diary.
    That should still be in some old threads like this

11. Beiträge anzeigen #11

Zitat Zitat von rockfest Beitrag anzeigen
    That should still be in some old threads like this
    Your a god
    now you rely got me bushy thats much better the tutorials started confusing me.

just 2 things:

1 what are the differences between g1 and g2

2 what would be a close and simple(i know i know) program language that would help me with modding

12. Beiträge anzeigen #12

rockfest ist offline
    what are the differences between g1 and g2 ?
    Two different games

Actually the same engine(probably with some modifications), just different content.

what would be a close and simple(i know i know) program language that would help me with modding
    You don't need any programming language to mod gothic. The engine understands the Daedalus scripting language. It was made by PB and it's the only way to communicate with the engine(unless you want to reverse engineer the game and make it compatible with some other scripting language like Lua )

13. Beiträge anzeigen #13

Zitat Zitat von rockfest Beitrag anzeigen
    Two different games

Actually the same engine(probably with some modifications), just different content.
    I meant in the scripts since most tutorials on modding are about g2 and i0m moding g1 so what should i look for?

You don't need any programming language to mod gothic. The engine understands the Daedalus scripting language. It was made by PB and it's the only way to communicate with the engine(unless you want to reverse engineer the game and make it compatible with some other scripting language like Lua )
    I meant what program would be the closest to Daedalus to help me understand it.

14. Beiträge anzeigen #14
    Deus Avatar von WernerTWC

WernerTWC ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von seeker of gothic Beitrag anzeigen
    I meant what program would be the closest to Daedalus to help me understand it.
    Here are some infos about Daedalus:
    http://wiki.worldofgothic.com/Daedalus/Syntax

15. Beiträge anzeigen #15
    banned

kthy0056 ist offline
    I have a problem.Can you please help me?(i don't find the g1 modding help discussion)
    I took the development kit and I use vdfs but I don't find any script vdf.I found in the development kit the scripts for everything but they are in german.Where can I get the english scripts?

16. Beiträge anzeigen #16
    Deus Avatar von WernerTWC

WernerTWC ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von kthy0056 Beitrag anzeigen
    (i don't find the g1 modding help discussion)
    Dunno what excatly you mean, take a look in the "IMPORTANT and before sticky" - threads:
    http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum...ad.php?t=98145

I took the development kit and I use vdfs but I don't find any script vdf.I found in the development kit the scripts for everything but they are in german.Where can I get the english scripts?
    The scripts are in the "Gothic.dat", the "gothic-sourcer" would be needed to extract them, but for g1 you can download the english scripts:
    http://www.worldofgothic.de/modifika...iew&fileID=216

Zitat Zitat von diego_pmc Beitrag anzeigen
    (I'd have to ask for links), I just know it exists.
    On the main page click "gothic" or "gothic2", scroll down to "Editing" and click "Editing Wiki".

17. Beiträge anzeigen #17
    banned

kthy0056 ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von WernerTWC Beitrag anzeigen
    Dunno what excatly you mean, take a look in the "IMPORTANT and before sticky" - threads:
    http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum...ad.php?t=98145
    oopsiesorry werner

Zitat Zitat von WernerTWC Beitrag anzeigen
    The scripts are in the "Gothic.dat", the "gothic-sourcer" would be needed to extract them, but for g1 you can download the english scripts:
    http://www.worldofgothic.de/modifika...iew&fileID=216
    Thank you