Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Ergebnis 1 bis 12 von 12
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Apprentice

caffeine666 ist offline

Gothic II class balance?

is there a beeter character or are there balanced?

i'd like to know, cause after finishing gothic1 as a mage, i'd like to start also gothic II as a mage

in G2, like G1 you start using magic after a while... so do i need to train other skills/stats in the meanwhile?

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Schwertmeister Avatar von Der_Jonn

Der_Jonn ist offline
    In Gothic II classic the best class by far is the paladin because paladin magic is incredibly overpowered.
    In NotR, the strongest kind of character is a dex based paladin, but mages are also very viable.
    Becoming a mage is faster in G2 than in G1, but you still want to be able to be at least decent at physical fighting since the mana costs in G2 are very high, so you should use normal weapons for dealing with lesser opponents.
    In NotR it's best to start the game by bringing dexterty to about 40-50 and putting a few points into one hand and/or bow. With a few bonuses that you'll find early on you should be able to raise your dex to 60, which will allow you to use the Master Sword, one of the stongest one handed weapons in the game.
    Not sure what the best starting build for a G2 classic mage is though. It's been ages since I last played a mage in G2 classic.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Local Hero

straychild ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Der_Jonn Beitrag anzeigen
    In Gothic II classic the best class by far is the paladin because paladin magic is incredibly overpowered.
    In NotR, the strongest kind of character is a dex based paladin, but mages are also very viable.
    Becoming a mage is faster in G2 than in G1, but you still want to be able to be at least decent at physical fighting since the mana costs in G2 are very high, so you should use normal weapons for dealing with lesser opponents.
    In NotR it's best to start the game by bringing dexterty to about 40-50 and putting a few points into one hand and/or bow. With a few bonuses that you'll find early on you should be able to raise your dex to 60, which will allow you to use the Master Sword, one of the stongest one handed weapons in the game.
    Not sure what the best starting build for a G2 classic mage is though. It's been ages since I last played a mage in G2 classic.
    bows have some problem with skeletons and other that resist arrows, easiest and strong way to go is to just go Mass STR, bow paladin mage? huh ... I think in latest update the best paladin spell as well were taken off the game.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4

Der_Jonn ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von straychild Beitrag anzeigen
    bows have some problem with skeletons and other that resist arrows, easiest and strong way to go is to just go Mass STR, bow paladin mage? huh ... I think in latest update the best paladin spell as well were taken off the game.
    What are you talking about? The strongest paladin rune (aka Destroy Evil) was not removed in any update, it just doesn't exist in NotR (and never existed there).

Yes, there are some opponents that have higher protection from arrows than from melee weapons, but there are also opponents where it's the other way around (e.g. Wargs, Shadowbeasts, Harpies). And due to the way damage is calculated in G2, bows deal way more damage than melee weapons (since every hit from a bow is equivalent to a crit from a melee weapon).
    Strength builds are clearly the weakest in NotR - you get a slow start since you'll mostly be dealing minimum damage due to low crit chance at the start of the game, and unlike the mage who also has a slow start, the strength character doesn't have a particularly strong late game either.
    A strength character doesn't really have any glaring weaknesses, but he's just sort of mediocre in every regard.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5
    Local Hero

straychild ist offline
    What are you talking about? The strongest paladin rune (aka Destroy Evil) was not removed in any update, it just doesn't exist in NotR (and never existed there).

Yes, there are some opponents that have higher protection from arrows than from melee weapons, but there are also opponents where it's the other way around (e.g. Wargs, Shadowbeasts, Harpies). And due to the way damage is calculated in G2, bows deal way more damage than melee weapons (since every hit from a bow is equivalent to a crit from a melee weapon).
    Strength builds are clearly the weakest in NotR - you get a slow start since you'll mostly be dealing minimum damage due to low crit chance at the start of the game, and unlike the mage who also has a slow start, the strength character doesn't have a particularly strong late game either.
    A strength character doesn't really have any glaring weaknesses, but he's just sort of mediocre in every regard.
    Okies I played NOTR few times from begin to end and I had STR build, wasnt really any problems for me. I played once with pure bow and I had problem dealing enough dmg to some specific monsters but ye the paladin runes could handle opponents that bow cant.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6

Der_Jonn ist offline
    The fact that you can finish the game with a particular build doesn't mean that it's a strong build. I've managed to do the game without investing any LPs into anything but the first language (which is mandatory to complete the add-on main quest), but that doesn't change the fact that this is the worst possible build in NotR.

As for those opponents with high resitance to bows, you can either use your melee weapon (a dex character is still pretty decent in melee combat thanks to the master sword) or you can use scrolls or you can run past those enemies (or use paladin magic in the case of undead).

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7
    Local Hero

straychild ist offline
    The fact that you can finish the game with a particular build doesn't mean that it's a strong build. I've managed to do the game without investing any LPs into anything but the first language (which is mandatory to complete the add-on main quest), but that doesn't change the fact that this is the worst possible build in NotR.

As for those opponents with high resitance to bows, you can either use your melee weapon (a dex character is still pretty decent in melee combat thanks to the master sword) or you can use scrolls or you can run past those enemies (or use paladin magic in the case of undead).
    I thought that masters sword will still count str to hit + dmg anyway even it needs dex to wear it and has some dmg in it. and for not getting crits so much as bow crits everytime claw of beliar has nice chance to do magic dmg besides critical hits.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8
    Apprentice

caffeine666 ist offline
    ok i've understood, a little of a combat skill (archery for what i understood) and magic when i can (i'm level 4, i have 900 gp, waiting to arrive at 1000+1 sheep)

i'm thinking about a thing...
    can i make quests like gothic1, for example very quest for mercs, less the "class quest", every quest for guards, less the class one, etc?

ora in gothic2, the choice is more "marked" ?

9. Beiträge anzeigen #9
    Veteran Avatar von miku-juku

miku-juku ist offline
    In G2 classic best is mage, killed the undead dragon with 2 shots
    Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)
    Q:How to fight in Arcania?
    Zitat Zitat von Petyamester Beitrag anzeigen
    My strategy was click click click click click click click click click click click click click click win.

Probably the coolest place in Gothic 3

10. Beiträge anzeigen #10
    Local Hero

fragonard ist offline
    Yes, PB seems to favor mages. A circle 1 mage can take down a black troll without any risk and, once you figure out the right spells, mages are the easiest to play. Even in Risen, mages are far easier than melee.

11. Beiträge anzeigen #11
    Ranger Avatar von EDWARDsmall

EDWARDsmall ist offline
    Paladin is so over-powered that I did not want to play him again.
    On mage I could go far because I found ranged dps yawn and boring.
    Best choice was merc ,but not from first time,for it is harder class then the rest.
    So I played merc nicely and it was good,but when we got expansion, night of the Raven , the final boss was rather hard to kill on merc.

12. Beiträge anzeigen #12
    Demigod Avatar von Dino

Dino ist offline
    In gothic 2 classic the paladin is the most overpowered class. His spells can kill orcs and undead beings, also seekers. Tell me - what more do you need to kill the entire valley of mines and the irdorath temple?

Also, mage. They kill the crap out of people instantly. Well, almost.

A dragon hunter just doesn't work as well... though not bad.