Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Seite 1 von 2 12 Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 36
  1. #1 Zitieren
    Deep Silver a. D. Avatar von doberlec
    Dear fans,

We've released a press announcement yesterday evening with the information that the Xbox 360 version of Risen for the USA will be delayed. First I would like to add that this is a purely strategic decision since we do have a RTM* certificate from Microsoft USA and Microsoft Europe for Risen, and secondly I would like to point out that this will of course not affect the release of the PC version or any other market outside of the USA. The US market is currently very volatile because of the financial crisis and it certainly hit the retailers to a degree where they have to take decisions which we do not want to support for our product. So we decided to delay the release until 2010 since we believe that time will heal the wounds. I know that this will cause some grief for all those fans who eagerly awaited the game for their console in October, but we would like to do a proper launch without all the interference of the market and I'm sorry for diappointments caused. In the meantime please consider taking a look at the PC version if you can't wait to expirience Risen

rgds,
    doberlec
    doberlec ist offline Geändert von doberlec (19.09.2009 um 13:12 Uhr)

2. #2 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von 04WigmoreB
    So no changes for the Xbox 360 version in any other countries ...
    04WigmoreB ist offline

3. #3 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von Arkose
    If this means you can sell more copies, so be it.
    Arkose ist offline

4. #4 Zitieren
    Abenteurer
    Zitat Zitat von doberlec Beitrag anzeigen
    Dear fans,

We've released a press announcement yesterday evening with the information that the Xbox 360 version of Risen for the USA will be delayed. First I would like to add that this is a purely strategic decision since we do have a RTM* certificate from Microsoft USA and Microsoft Europe for Risen, and secondly I would like to point out that this will of course not affect the release of the PC version or any other market outside of the USA. The US market is currently very volatile because of the financial crisis and it certainly hit the retailers to a degree where they have to take decisions which we do not want to support for our product. So we decided to delay the release until 2010 since we believe that time will heal the wounds. I know that this will cause some grief for all those fans who eagerly awaited the game for their console in October, but we would like to do a proper launch without all the interference of the market and I'm sorry for diappointments caused. In the meantime please consider taking a look at the PC version if you can't wait to expirience Risen

rgds,
    doberlec

Lol, they want people to purchase the PC and the Xbox version...
    Guirao ist offline

5. #5 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von Guirao Beitrag anzeigen
    Lol, they want people to purchase the PC and the Xbox version...
    I'll be doing that anyway. I'll play the 360 version until about christmas time or so, when I'll be getting a new gaming computer, and then I'll get Risen for the PC as well.
    04WigmoreB ist offline

6. #6 Zitieren
    Apprentice Avatar von Zincarla
    Who's buying the Xbox 360 version anyway?
    Zincarla ist offline

7. #7 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von Zincarla Beitrag anzeigen
    Who's buying the Xbox 360 version anyway?
    People with 360's?
    04WigmoreB ist offline

8. #8 Zitieren
    banned
    Zitat Zitat von 04WigmoreB Beitrag anzeigen
    People with 360's?
    (Americans) That's actually the reason it will be released on XBOX 360.I'm actually glad it will not be released the same date as the pc version.Cause if it is first for pcs and then consoles there will be less fears for a consolish looking game in the pc version.
    jimokalos ist offline

9. #9 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von jimokalos Beitrag anzeigen
    (Americans) That's actually the reason it will be released on XBOX 360.I'm actually glad it will not be released the same date as the pc version.Cause if it is first for pcs and then consoles there will be less fears for a consolish looking game in the pc version.
    I thought it was a pc version ported to the console, not the other way around, with another team working on the 360 version. If that's true why would people be fearful of a console looking pc game?
    04WigmoreB ist offline

10. #10 Zitieren
    Veteran Avatar von triangles
    Zitat Zitat von jimokalos Beitrag anzeigen
    Your post makes no sense at all.
    Ugghhh... call me the potato man.
    triangles ist offline

11. #11 Zitieren
    Ritter Avatar von Bruell
    I thought it was a pc version ported to the console, not the other way around, with another team working on the 360 version. If that's true why would people be fearful of a console looking pc game?
    Because in developing a pc agame with the xbox transformation in mind, they would already design the game to make it xbox ready?
    Bruell ist offline

12. #12 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von Bruell Beitrag anzeigen
    Because in developing a pc agame with the xbox transformation in mind, they would already design the game to make it xbox ready?
    Never thought of it that way. I guess that makes sense, but from all the gameplay I've seen, none of it looks at all like it would on the xbox. I've seen no controller friendly inventories etc, so it definately looks like a game designed for the pc to me.
    04WigmoreB ist offline

13. #13 Zitieren
    Ritter Avatar von Bruell
    Never thought of it that way. I guess that makes sense, but from all the gameplay I've seen, none of it looks at all like it would on the xbox. I've seen no controller friendly inventories etc, so it definately looks like a game designed for the pc to me.
    If so, I'm more then happy about that.
    I kind of rejoiced that the x box version was postponed, that might bring some attention back to PC's as a platform for games.

But only if Risen turns out to be a must have in the gamers world.

Edit:
    I can't figure out why the bad economy in the US would be a reason to delay the launch of Risen on the x-box.

People here buy such things as games on their CC's anyway.
    Bruell ist offline

14. #14 Zitieren
    Veteran Avatar von cifre
    Edit:
    I can't figure out why the bad economy in the US would be a reason to delay the launch of Risen on the x-box.

People here buy such things as games on their CC's anyway.
    Maybe that's only an official reason. I'm thinking that they want/or not to have confrontations with other games, usually that's the main reason of delaying. If I remember correctly Arcania is in the first quarter as well and dragons age is in november? Don't know too good but they would like to avoid battling with DA or they want battling with G4.. just my opinion.
    Lo there do I see my father,
    Lo there do I see my mother and my sisters and my brothers,
    Lo there do I see the line of my people - back to the beginning,
    Lo they do call to me,
    They bid me take my place among them
    In the halls of Valhalla,
    Where the brave may live... forever.
    cifre ist offline

15. #15 Zitieren
    General Avatar von Korianous
    Well since a different team worked on the Xbox 360 port, I doubt that would be a huge issue. I'm probably the only one enormously disappointed by this .
    Ach Fry, Ich hab dich mehr als der Monde, die Sterne...das...fail.
    Korianous ist offline

16. #16 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von André Feroi
    Zitat Zitat von Korianous Beitrag anzeigen
    Well since a different team worked on the Xbox 360 port, I doubt that would be a huge issue. I'm probably the only one enormously disappointed by this .
    Interesting.

As Emeritus(°) MOD developper I believe you have a PC able to cope with Risen specifications => you have the choice between PC or console.
    Until now, I only read about players preferring the PC version of games and somehow despising the console version. Are you from the opposite opinion ? Just a naive question from a newbie.

Otherwise, if you cannot wait you can always order it from overseas, isn't ?

(°) I noticed the Latin sentence in your signature, despite I cannot translate it - Latin is from too old days for me
    André Feroi ist offline

17. #17 Zitieren
    Adventurer
    Risen on X360 is still coming out in Europe on 2nd October and with a little bit of luck, it will be region free, so you can order it from EU or UK.
    tonyskate ist offline

18. #18 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von Arkose
    Zitat Zitat von André Feroi Beitrag anzeigen
    I noticed the Latin sentence in your signature, despite I cannot translate it - Latin is from too old days for me
    That line is a literal translation of part of Vatras' sermon in Gothic II. Here is the English version:

"And thus spake Adanos to his brothers: 'Never again shall you walk upon my land, for it is sacred, and so shall it be!'"
    Arkose ist offline

19. #19 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von André Feroi
    Thank you for the translation !
    André Feroi ist offline

20. #20 Zitieren
    Local Hero
    Unfortunately, it's almost impossible to see stuff like this from just watching videos and screenshots.

For example, Deus Ex: Invisible War looked like a Deus Ex game in screenshots and trailers, but it wasn't until you played it that you realized how confined the developers had been by the Xbox version. All the maps were REALLY small, the interface/game features had been simplified to a ridiculous degree and a lot of functions from the first game had simply disappeared.

This is what scares me. The Gothic games have always had huge worlds with no loading times. To achieve this, they've needed a lot of RAM plus constant streaming of data from the harddrive. But the Xbox 360 only has 512 MB RAM, which is divided between the GPU and the CPU. It is bound to have been a serious limit for the developers.

Also, the Xbox 360 doesn't come with a harddrive, it is optional. This means they've had to take into consideration the much slower streaming capacity of the Xbox 360 DVD player, instead of optimizing the streaming for a much faster harddrive. Slower streaming either means less complex geometry and/or smaller (muddier) textures.

These are things that are not separable from the PC version. Even if the interface was made specifically for the PC, we'd still be held back by the Xbox 360 in terms of world size, how much data they can stream at any time and how complex scenes they can show.

Let's hope it doesn't show too much in the finished game.
    mkreku ist offline

Seite 1 von 2 12 Letzte »