Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Ergebnis 1 bis 11 von 11
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Apprentice

Favre ist offline

Bätsch Questions from a Newb

Hello everyone, i recently purchased the game and I have a few questions.

First of all, How do i finish someone off after i knock them down? Currently, I'm having a hard time completing quests because of this.

Second, Is the game as fun if you say join the Hashashin, or the Orcs? I feel like playing an underdog Game. However, After getting in good with the rebels, and then the Orcs, but never officially joining them, I feel like joining the Hashashin.

Third, How does the game progress exactly? Ive done all of the available quests in Ardea, Reddock, and just finishing up with Cape Dun. Is the Game really just open open open, or Is there some type of storyline to follow? I want to join the Hashashin Because i just love the sound of the Desert and being an Assassin and whatnot.

Last, Any advice on becoming a Hashashin? Should i wait until Im a certain level? Any advice on how to enjoy the game throughly whould be nice.

Thanks, Favre.

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Waldläufer Avatar von needles

needles ist offline
    I assume you're talking about Gothic 3, in which case this should have been posted in the Gothic 3 help section.

I also suggest that you read your game manual...

anyways, to kill them you hold down right click (or what you have block set to) with them selected and left click.

Whether the game is fun or not is completely personal opinion, but there is really nothing special you are missing by gaining reputation with certain factions. You can't exactly "join" anyone in Gothic 3. You just do whichever quests suit your purposes. If your purpose is to get Hashishin armour and be duel wielding slave beating kind of guy, then by all means, do Hashishin quests.

The game does have a very VERY frail main quest that ends the game, but for the most part, the game is completely open. I'd estimate 80-90% of the quests are not directly related to the main storyline.

And as for how to join the Hashishin, as I already said, you can't "join" anybody. to get to the desert where they are though, you will need to be able to kill or avoid lots of angry beasties.

In all honestly though, you could run there at level one, avoiding enemies, and start the murdering. Enjoy yourself.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Cat  Avatar von Larisa

Larisa ist offline
    First, Welcome to World of Gothic forums

Second, killing move is to keep right mouse button pressed and click left button. Or kill them with spells or archery.

Third, don't liberate the towns just yet. Or kill the rebels, or the hashisins, or the nomads. Do as more quests in each faction as you can, an only at the end kill the factions that you don't like. You'll miss XP point if you don't do quests. And some will attack you if you liberate too much.

Fourth, yes, there is a story... the next step, talk to Xardas.

And read the G3 Help forum.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    Apprentice

Favre ist offline
    Thanks for the Replies! And Yes, I am playing Gothic 3.

Anyways, I am level 8 Currently and Im really just trying to have fun with the game. Im having a difficult time adjusting to such an open-ended game after playing oblivion.

Is there a reason you suggest i don't eliminate factions yet?

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5
    Cat  Avatar von Larisa

Larisa ist offline
    Like I said, you'll miss some quests, and they'll attack you on sight.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6
    Apprentice

Favre ist offline
    Alrighty, Guess i wont be doing that then. Currently level 11 and Deciding to run from Cape dun to Some of the Hashashin cities.

Can i swim across the little inlet or do i gotta run around?

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7
    Cat  Avatar von Larisa

Larisa ist offline
    You can do both, but I recomend you to go to Trelis first.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8
    Apprentice

Favre ist offline
    Well, On the way I decided to stop off at Montera. Decided to take your advice, and now I'm going to work on Montera, then on to the next city before i reach the hashashin cities.

9. Beiträge anzeigen #9
    Fighter

lenoirrichelieu ist offline
    And I reiterate a previous advise. Go anywhere you want and do anything you like. Because in this way you'll find out what many playes love in this game: the openess. After you'll get this feeling there is no way to go back...you'll be forever in Gothic World.

10. Beiträge anzeigen #10
    Apprentice

Favre ist offline
    Cool, Does it sound like a good Idea just to hit all the town on the way to the Hashashin and do quests there?

11. Beiträge anzeigen #11
    Ranger Avatar von InvI1992

InvI1992 ist offline
    Of course!Do as many quests as you can so you can raise lvl easy and learn new talents!I havent played the hashishi,im with the rebels.Let me tell you,its not easy at all!!!§grr
    We still love it!
    GOTHIC