Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Ergebnis 1 bis 17 von 17
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Just arrived

Gotik ist offline

easy, normal, hard in Gothic 3

I dont like in gothic 3 that!!! gothic 1 and 2 are normal level of dificulty!
    i hate when i must to chouse!!!

2. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Demigod Avatar von Bastardo

Bastardo ist offline
    1) Choose hard difficulty.
    2) Drink and forget there's an option.
    3) ???
    4) Profit!

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Ranger Avatar von Shiru

Shiru ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Gotik Beitrag anzeigen
    I dont like in gothic 3 that!!! gothic 1 and 2 are normal level of dificulty!
    i hate when i must to chouse!!!
    Try starting with normal (since that's what you prefer) if it's too hard, choose easy, if it's too easy, choose difficult.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    Rookie

felgen ist offline
    I recomend that first time players try normal--not easy. If you choose easy, you'll have no problem "clicking" the enemies to death.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5
    Dragonslayer Avatar von Zeri0n

Zeri0n ist offline
    and whats the difference between easy , normal and hard in g3? cause i never played it. my comp is too weak

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6
    Knight

Alwin ist offline
    Well, with alt. balancing on the amount of enemies that can attack you at once is 1, 2, and 3. In melee, that is, since during a liberation or similar you will still be bombarded by lots of magic and arrows.

I suppose stuff is also tougher on the higher difficulties.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7
    Sword Master Avatar von Mage Master

Mage Master ist offline
    I think that the true difficulty is easy since you are supposed to be quite powerful.

8. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #8
    Demigod Avatar von Bastardo

Bastardo ist offline
    I'd say that if there was a "true" difficulty, that'd be "Normal". The meaning of that word speaks for itself.

9. Beiträge anzeigen #9
    Knight Avatar von RobinHood 13.

RobinHood 13. ist offline
    difficulty isn't very well made.
    In hard enemies dmg you double, while they take only half dmg.
    In easy it's opposite.
    Difficulty also does something about speed, but normal is clearly the intended difficulty.
    With easy, especially bows become incredible powerful as you can kill lots of monsters with single hit (aka not alerting rest).
    In Hard a good bowman can't even take the weakest enemies with headshots.
    Judging by bows, and the damage they do it's clearly that normal is the intended one.
    As for melee, this is more about speed and range of weapon vs kinda enemy you face, while dmg isn't that vital.
    Luckily the melee is much better in cp1.70, and there I find normal as a challenging difficulty, not to hard.

Still bows are useless against humans and orcs though. I think they should've increased bow dmg so a well placed hit can be deadly even on greater enemies (head, hear throat, lungs), but make this hard with low dexterity and mastery rank in archery. Meaning with lower training in bow relatet attributes, you can't shoot that long (the shot is like a weaker one), and improves with better bows or attributes. Unskilled have bad accuarry and the arrow doesn't go exactly where you point. With higher skills this increases.
    Bows should have different reload times, some quick but weak, others take long time, but dish large amounts of damage. Think how fun archery could then be in large human/orc battles.
    The accuary thingy can be as simple as the gun not standing still when trying to aim in shooting games.

10. Beiträge anzeigen #10
    Ranger Avatar von Danbona

Danbona ist offline
    I don't like it either, they could of correlated it all into the one level. I feel like a wouse because i play easy. I'll have to also blame the combat.

11. Beiträge anzeigen #11

Mage Master ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Bastardo Beitrag anzeigen
    I'd say that if there was a "true" difficulty, that'd be "Normal". The meaning of that word speaks for itself.
    That would make too much sense to be true. Oh... yeah I forgot gothic 3 isn't a part of the gothic series IMO, so I guess than it makes sense. But anyway according to the story you should be imba so I guess if you follow the story then its "easy" and if you want a challenge then its another difficulty(at least I think so).

12. Beiträge anzeigen #12
    Knight

Alwin ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Mage Master Beitrag anzeigen
    That would make too much sense to be true. Oh... yeah I forgot gothic 3 isn't a part of the gothic series IMO, so I guess than it makes sense. But anyway according to the story you should be imba so I guess if you follow the story then its "easy" and if you want a challenge then its another difficulty(at least I think so).
    Wait, what is this stupidity I've heard twice by now? The true difficulty should be "easy" because the story wants to make you powerful? Please don't make me lose faith. (Ok, so you also think G3 doesn't belong to the Gothic series, which is a clear red flag as far as I'm concerned...) You can become the most powerful man in the whole Gothic world on "hard" difficulty... what you can make out of it is another question, and that does depend on your difficulty settings. In fact, I'd say "hard" is the true difficulty 'cause if the adventure was real, I would imagine it would be no walk in the park, not at all.

13. Beiträge anzeigen #13
    Ritter Avatar von DTR

DTR ist offline
    After killing a division of orcs with a brigade of dragons strengthened by a battalion of lizard men, supported by a company of seekers giving orders to platoons of the undead?

And after a little sea voyage, you put on your leather jacket and everything is hard as hell again...
    Must have really been a rough ocean.

14. Beiträge anzeigen #14
    Local Hero Avatar von cucubits

cucubits ist offline
    The "one shot kill without alerting the rest" was fixed in cp 1.7

15. Beiträge anzeigen #15

Mage Master ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Alwin Beitrag anzeigen
    Wait, what is this stupidity I've heard twice by now? The true difficulty should be "easy" because the story wants to make you powerful? Please don't make me lose faith. (Ok, so you also think G3 doesn't belong to the Gothic series, which is a clear red flag as far as I'm concerned...) You can become the most powerful man in the whole Gothic world on "hard" difficulty... what you can make out of it is another question, and that does depend on your difficulty settings. In fact, I'd say "hard" is the true difficulty 'cause if the adventure was real, I would imagine it would be no walk in the park, not at all.
    Chill up man, this is only my opinion so you don't have to make such a big deal about it. It just doesn't makes sense to me for the hero to get so weak(maybe not that weak) after he defeats the Dragon and after sailing some time.

16. Beiträge anzeigen #16
    Local Hero Avatar von cucubits

cucubits ist offline
    Sea water has that effect

17. Beiträge anzeigen #17

Mage Master ist offline
    You mean the weakening right?
    If its that then: *cough, cough* training. Rings any bells? So I suppose that you assume that the hero or I'm just thinking too much?

Anyway lets end this "battle" since its gonna be eternal and will end in a draw(probably) cuz everybody is right for himself so... yeah. Oh and you can ignore the thing I said in the beginning of this post, if you want that is.