Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Seite 1 von 10 123458 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 188
  1. #1 Zitieren
    Apprentice
    Yep... forget urinating, apparently drug use and prostitution are the cause for Australian's not being able to buy Risen on their shores.

Australia's videogame classification system has claimed its third victim for 2009 with Piranha Bytes developed role playing game, Risen, turned back at the border. The game joins the banned club alongside titles Sexy Poker and Necrovision, both of which were later passed fit for sale after resubmission with changes to their respective offending content. The Classification Board’s refusal to grant the game green light status at the maximum MA15+ rating due to its inappropriate sexual material and drug use now makes Risen illegal to, sell, rent, or promote down under.
    http://au.gamespot.com/news/6215052....dlines;title;1

GTAIV, The Witcher... 15+ no worries. Risen? Ban it!
    beastrn ist offline

2. #2 Zitieren
    #16  Avatar von Forenperser
    Australia has the worst classification in the world....
    Poor australians
    Forenperser ist offline

3. #3 Zitieren
    Apprentice
    Shame. If that has any spin on effect in NZ I'll have to source it from overseas.
    cfnz ist offline

4. #4 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    This comitee realises that... they encourage pirating of games?
    Maladiq ist offline

5. #5 Zitieren
    Ritter Avatar von emperorzorn
    Its just typical.
    Everyone is blaming China for being a malevolent dictatorship that is banning media,
    the next thing you know they are doing it too.

I dont get why everyone is so stuck up and acts as if
    blood and urine are fictional things invented to scare little children.
    emperorzorn ist offline

6. #6 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von TheDoctor
    Ridiculous in every way.

When is Australia going to learn?
    TheDoctor ist offline

7. #7 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von Dykunas
    Kind of ironic when you think about it, Australia - a country that started of as a colony for prisoners, has turned into a practitioner of idiotic, religiously "appropriate" laws to defend the pure and the innocent from completely normal, basic reality and free will..... Kind of reminiscnet to the soviet regime, except the religious part

P.S “The game contains ‘quests’ which a player may choose to complete by acquiring the sexual service of prostitutes." - Now that's what i'm talking about :thumbsup:, though i really hope that if changes are made for the Australian "version" to fit the cracks of the committee of assholes, that it won't have any effect on other "versions" of Risen....
    Infinitus est numerus stultorum!
    Dykunas ist offline Geändert von Dykunas (11.08.2009 um 10:49 Uhr)

8. #8 Zitieren
    Fighter Avatar von 4ltair
    Will of the people or will of the politicians?
    I feel kind of sorry for the australians.
    4ltair ist offline

9. #9 Zitieren
    Lehrling
    Look being an Aussie i'm the most disapointed person here i bet but prostitution does not need to be in a game especially considering the publisher should know of how strict Australian laws are. Resubmit the game without it and everything will be good, call weed grass and the problem concerning drugs is fixed as well.
    It hurts because I assure you Risen was a first day purchase, as a fan of everything PB has done I fear I may still play the game no matter how the game gets to my HDD.

Of course we're not the only stupid country banning games...
    I'll use this opportunity to say sorry to the Germans for not being able to play wolfenstein the way it should be played, whats with you guys? scared of the swastika or something?
    Note to Germany: The Nazis existed and its part of your history, it happened so don't act like it didn't.
    scarlak ist offline

10. #10 Zitieren
    Veteran Avatar von logout
    Zitat Zitat von scarlak Beitrag anzeigen
    Note to Germany: The Nazis existed and its part of your history, it happened so don't act like it didn't.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bP82immbOFY
    logout ist offline

11. #11 Zitieren

Metasyntaktische Variable
    Zitat Zitat von scarlak Beitrag anzeigen
    Look being an Aussie i'm the most disapointed person here i bet but prostitution does not need to be in a game especially
    Question: What needs to be in a game? With that argument, we can also remove beer or whatever you want.

The prostitution is not there to please some spotty, pubescent teenager. You don't even get to see the sexual action. I mean, what is this mysterious "implied sexuality" anyway? If humans run around in a world, that's "implied sexuality", too. They must have had parents who had sex. Right?

The prostitution, like the weed, is an atmospheric detail, another part in the images of a rough and grim world that shows you: "You're not in Disneyland here."

Therefore, I cannot support your argument of such things being unneccessary. They enhance the atmosphere. And really now, what is the problem with it? The fact that two adults do the most natural thing in the world?

considering the publisher should know of how strict Australian laws are. Resubmit the game without it and everything will be good, call weed grass and the problem concerning drugs is fixed as well.
    That is an economical decision which Deep Silver and probably Madman (australian distributor) have to make. It will cost money to change the game. They must decide if the australian market is worth that. And many gamers do not want a censored games.

What I do not want is that games are already "pre-censored" by the developer to fit into every market they want to address. No drugs and prostitution for the U.S. and Australia. No violence for Germany. No ideals of freedom or democracy for China. No strong women for many arabic countries. What remains there?

So I prefer it if developers make the games like they think they have to do it to give you a good gaming experience. And if some censorship laws prevent sales in a specific country, think about removing the problematic content for that country. But do not make everyone else suffer because of that (like the Britains and DS did with the peeing).

I'll use this opportunity to say sorry to the Germans for not being able to play wolfenstein the way it should be played, whats with you guys? scared of the swastika or something?
    Oh, don't get me started on that. At least, everyone else got to play a correct version.

Feeling a bit masochistic and want to read more of my diatribes? Check out Foobar's Rantpage.

foobar erklärt die Welt der Informatik: Was ist ein Zeichensatz?Was ist die 32Bit-Grenze?Warum sind Speicheroptimierer Unsinn?Wie teste ich meinen RAM?Was ist HDR?Was ist Tesselation?Warum haben wir ein Urheberrecht?Partitionieren mit MBR oder GPT?Was hat es mit dem m.2-Format auf sich?Warum soll ich meine SSD nicht zum Anschlag befüllen?Wer hat an der MTU gedreht?UEFI oder BIOS Boot?Was muss man über Virenscanner wissen?Defragmentieren sinnvoll?Warum ist bei CCleaner & Co. Vorsicht angesagt?Was hat es mit 4Kn bei Festplatten auf sich?Was ist Bitrot?Was sind die historischen Hintergründe zur (nicht immer optimalen) Sicherheit von Windows?Wie kann ich Datenträger sicher löschen?Was muss ich bzgl. Smartphone-Sicherheit wissen?Warum sind Y-Kabel für USB oft keine gute Idee?Warum sind lange Passwörter besser als komplizierte?Wie funktionieren Tintenstrahldrucker-Düsen?Wie wähle ich eine Linux-Distribution für mich aus?Warum ist Linux sicherer als Windows?Sind statische Entladungen bei Elektronik wirklich ein Problem?Wie repariere ich meinen PC-Lüfter?Was ist die MBR-Lücke?Wie funktioniert eine Quarz-Uhr?Was macht der Init-Prozess unter Linux und wie schlimm ist SystemD?Mainboard-Batterie - wann wechseln?Smartphone ohne Google?
    foobar ist offline

12. #12 Zitieren
    Lehrling
    Therefore, I cannot support your argument of such things being unneccessary
    The game won't change if you take it out is what i was getting at, the only thing I have against it is the fact it will top me playing the game unless I break the law.

I was simply alluding to the fact the publisher should have known what is acceptable and catered to that. Keep in mind Gothic was allowed here and it has me wondering whether the game is banned purely on speech/text grounds.
    scarlak ist offline

13. #13 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von foobar Beitrag anzeigen
    And really now, what is the problem with it? The fact that two adults do the most natural thing in the world?
    Naturality does not count as an argument. It's natural to be naked, yet we wear clothes.

EDIT: We are civilized people, and from that modern way of thinking, we make our restrictions in games. I can understand that type of logic - Australia is simply acting out of that premise - but, like I said, I disagree with it. On the other hand I wouldn't like Risen to have explicit sex scenes and overly mature content. I wouldn't want guts spilling out from the dead bodies of enemies or whores getting raped in the middle of the streets (medieval style). What I mean is that there are necessary compromizes to be made, although Australia stretches a bit too far above that line. No need for us to stretch a bit too far on the opposite line.
    TheDoctor ist offline Geändert von TheDoctor (11.08.2009 um 12:48 Uhr)

14. #14 Zitieren

Zitat Zitat von TheDoctor Beitrag anzeigen
    Naturality does not count as an argument. It's natural to be naked, yet we wear clothes.
    Because at some point in our evolution, we lost most of our furs. But did not loose our sexuality. At least no one told me that we did.

But nonetheless, what I really wanted to say is that you cannot just remove every possibly problematic content because it is not required for the gameplay. Doing that changes the atmosphere, if not more. Imagine removing the swamp weed from Gothic 1. It would cause logical problems because this drug is the economical foundation of the swamp camp. Without it, they have nothing to trade with the other camps and players will ask: "How do the get what they need?"

I want to play games in the way that the developers meant them to be played. If something was really unnecessary, they would not have bothered implementing it in the first place.

Feeling a bit masochistic and want to read more of my diatribes? Check out Foobar's Rantpage.

foobar erklärt die Welt der Informatik: Was ist ein Zeichensatz?Was ist die 32Bit-Grenze?Warum sind Speicheroptimierer Unsinn?Wie teste ich meinen RAM?Was ist HDR?Was ist Tesselation?Warum haben wir ein Urheberrecht?Partitionieren mit MBR oder GPT?Was hat es mit dem m.2-Format auf sich?Warum soll ich meine SSD nicht zum Anschlag befüllen?Wer hat an der MTU gedreht?UEFI oder BIOS Boot?Was muss man über Virenscanner wissen?Defragmentieren sinnvoll?Warum ist bei CCleaner & Co. Vorsicht angesagt?Was hat es mit 4Kn bei Festplatten auf sich?Was ist Bitrot?Was sind die historischen Hintergründe zur (nicht immer optimalen) Sicherheit von Windows?Wie kann ich Datenträger sicher löschen?Was muss ich bzgl. Smartphone-Sicherheit wissen?Warum sind Y-Kabel für USB oft keine gute Idee?Warum sind lange Passwörter besser als komplizierte?Wie funktionieren Tintenstrahldrucker-Düsen?Wie wähle ich eine Linux-Distribution für mich aus?Warum ist Linux sicherer als Windows?Sind statische Entladungen bei Elektronik wirklich ein Problem?Wie repariere ich meinen PC-Lüfter?Was ist die MBR-Lücke?Wie funktioniert eine Quarz-Uhr?Was macht der Init-Prozess unter Linux und wie schlimm ist SystemD?Mainboard-Batterie - wann wechseln?Smartphone ohne Google?
    foobar ist offline

15. #15 Zitieren
    Question: What needs to be in a game? With that argument, we can also remove beer or whatever you want.

The prostitution is not there to please some spotty, pubescent teenager. You don't even get to see the sexual action. I mean, what is this mysterious "implied sexuality" anyway? If humans run around in a world, that's "implied sexuality", too. They must have had parents who had sex. Right?

The prostitution, like the weed, is an atmospheric detail, another part in the images of a rough and grim world that shows you: "You're not in Disneyland here."

Therefore, I cannot support your argument of such things being unneccessary. They enhance the atmosphere. And really now, what is the problem with it? The fact that two adults do the most natural thing in the world?
    I completely agree with the penguin (for once).

We see these love scenes in movies,
    on tv and read them in books.

But in games they are considered offensive ?
    emperorzorn ist offline

16. #16 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Zitat Zitat von emperorzorn Beitrag anzeigen

We see these love scenes in movies,
    on tv and read them in books.
    Don't forget about real life.
    Maladiq ist offline

17. #17 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von Maladiq Beitrag anzeigen
    Don't forget about real life.
    Thats a given, isnt it ?

Seeing how videogames are a form of media I wanted to compare it
    to other media.

But yeah, you are right.
    emperorzorn ist offline Geändert von emperorzorn (11.08.2009 um 15:27 Uhr)

18. #18 Zitieren
    Because at some point in our evolution, we lost most of our furs. But did not loose our sexuality. At least no one told me that we did.

But nonetheless, what I really wanted to say is that you cannot just remove every possibly problematic content because it is not required for the gameplay. Doing that changes the atmosphere, if not more. Imagine removing the swamp weed from Gothic 1. It would cause logical problems because this drug is the economical foundation of the swamp camp. Without it, they have nothing to trade with the other camps and players will ask: "How do the get what they need?"

I want to play games in the way that the developers meant them to be played. If something was really unnecessary, they would not have bothered implementing it in the first place.
    I agree - but you're too smart not to see how others can see problems in such content.

Sex being natural and part of life does not mean we should have explicit sex scenes in games (as contrary to the scene in G2).
    Drugs being used by people irl does not mean we should have narcoholics sitting around in games (as contrary to the laidback swamp hippies).
    People being sick in real life does not mean we should see sick people in games (what we get instead are Po1zon sp311s).

You work around all those issues because we're talking about a game. You ever saw boobs or vaginas in G2? You ever saw weed-addicts so wasted they literally affect you with pity? Ever saw a soldier with a leg chopped of, screaming in pain in G3? You get my point. We've already had several discussions on realism in games, and I think this one would not end with any other conclusion than before.

And like I said, I still agree with you, but don't take it too far just because Australia's got sh*t classifications.
    TheDoctor ist offline Geändert von TheDoctor (11.08.2009 um 13:37 Uhr)

19. #19 Zitieren

Zitat Zitat von TheDoctor Beitrag anzeigen
    I agree - but you're too smart not to see how others can see problems in such content.
    No, but that was not my point. Maybe I was not clear enough about that. If some country A has a problem with content X and another country B with content Y, then the publisher should either ignore these markets or make a version without X for country A and a version without Y for country B. I can accept that some people are strange.

But what I do not want is if in preemptive obedience, every content that could be possibly offending in some countries is removed entirely from all versions of a game. It would be much cheaper to develop a game without any such content right from the start than later remove it and create individual versions. But if you do that, almost nothing remains. If you cut every branch from a tree, only the trunk remain.

So as much as I feel for the australian gamers, I am hoping that DS will not exclude "drugs" and "prostitution" from the international version to cheapen production costs. In this game or any successor that might follow. Even if it means that they decide not to release the game in Australia at all. Because that argument "We do not really need it anyway" leads to a slippery slope where you end up with a tasteless, gray mash and every bowl is the same.

BTW: I would not want other gamers outside Germany to suffer from our censorship laws, too. They also deserve to play games in the way they were meant to be played and our censorship laws are our problems. Not theirs.

foobar ist offline Geändert von foobar (11.08.2009 um 14:34 Uhr)

20. #20 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

BTW: I would not want other gamers outside Germany to suffer from our censorship laws, too. They also deserve to play games in the way they were meant to be played and our censorship laws are our problems. Not theirs.
    Amen, bro, amen. I think DS should release a statement as soon as possible on this matter.
    Maladiq ist offline

Seite 1 von 10 123458 ... Letzte »